Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyratel Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:29 am
yes  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 am
Bigfoot TI how do you get the dragon thing to work  

dkabyssaldragon

Icelemental

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:26 pm
Okay, Moving it...

There!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 am
Arithrel
You might be in the SCA if...

*-People ask how you spent your New Years/Christmas Eve/Halloween/etc and you excitedly reply, "Polishing my rapier!"
-If you're in a room and someone needs duct tape (SCA or non-related), there's never any questions-everyone just looks straight at you.
-Your secretary gets calls asking for the King/Queen and she doesn't say anything, just rolls her eyes and forwards the call to your line.
-You catch yourself eyeing your grandmother's brocade curtains and thinking, "Wow, that'd make a great doublet!"

lol the ductape one is a big joke in my house  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:23 am
Gaijin32
littlegreengirl
- you've been to more handfastings than weddings

Hear hear!! As a Wiccan myself, I say good form! Nothing wrong with a good handfasting. I've seen one done, and I even got to be in one...with a now ex-fiancee. That was a couple of years ago, though. Though things didn't end well, the ceremony itself was really touching, and it can mean just as much as any marriage, no matter what the law says. It's the people involved that give something like that meaning, in my opinion.

im wiccan too!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:28 am
this is a bad one but true .. you know your in the sca when your on porter duty and you yell at a bunch of mundanes when they start asking about the entertainment the "renfair" offers  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:31 am
ShadowDruid
If you walk into a fabric store and wonder out loud is this period or not? Or,
discuss how to make a circle cloak at a restaurant (which people like around
wondering was fun). I agree freaking mundanes is fun! OR, when a mundane
goes "Are you in a play?" You go "No, this is normal clothing!"

lol my mom and i were going to 12th night and we went to starbucks and a bunch of people came out and said "are you in a play"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 pm
Brigit the slave child
Arithrel
*-You consider chocolate chip cookies to be a form of currency. (I dunno-is this SCA wide or more of an An Tir thing? lol)

In Caid we use blocks of chocolate...

OMG YOUR IN CAID AWSOME!!!!!! So AM I  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:30 pm
musicman3672
I dont care anymore...

*you can spend days working on how to improve your armor

or, for those of us without armor (yet!) days, weeks, months, or longer formulating how to make it on a college student's budget, while keeping it as historically accurate as possible!
Quote:

*you dislike movies with inaccurate garb and armor

I can only watch medieval-themed movies that get the vote of approval from other SCAdians... and even then only by myself or with other SCAdians... apparently mundanes aren't interested in a running commentary on the garb during "Barveheart" redface

im not allowed to watch medevil based movies with my mundain friends anymore. and my teacher gets pissed cause i repediatly correct her XD.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:39 pm
you know your in the sca when the only reason you watch starwars is to critisize or get ideas from their fighting styles  

MorganOfCalafia

Icelemental

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:13 pm
I know that one. xd My buddy and I spent an hour arguing about the use of that spin move Obi wan uses in the old movies. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:52 pm
I'm sorry if these have been said already, though I doubt all of them have as some of them come from personal experience! I'll go back and read all 12 pages another time, when I have time.

These are all thanks to my non-SCA friend!

You know you're in the SCA when your non-scadian friend...

1) checks the crests of all wine bottles she checks out at the store she works in to see if they are heraldicly accurate

2) sings "God Save the Queen" instead of "Of Thee I Sing"

3) no longer looks online for information on the Middle Ages (asks me instead at 2am!)

4) looks at the cover of my literature books and asks me if the shields are heraldicly correct

5) (my favorite) looks at the U.S. flag and says "The red stripes shouldn't be touching the blue field, that's not correct according to Herladic standards!" She actualy said this. I had to explain that our standards are from/for England, not the U.S. We just use them for simplicity and because the U.S. doesn't use heraldry.

and many more neither of us can think of right now  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:55 pm
Icelemental
I know that one. xd My buddy and I spent an hour arguing about the use of that spin move Obi wan uses in the old movies. biggrin

I've done that!
We both agreed that the move is stupid-it exposes your back and is far more stylized than effective or useful. I believe we spent the hour exclaiming how pathetic Lucas was to use the move. razz smile

Oh, from my post above...

6) when your non-scadian friend knows this move is impracticle to and she's never done actual sword fighting herself-just heard you talk about it enough!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:57 pm
ResidentOfDarkness
musicman3672
I dont care anymore...

*you can spend days working on how to improve your armor

or, for those of us without armor (yet!) days, weeks, months, or longer formulating how to make it on a college student's budget, while keeping it as historically accurate as possible!
Quote:

*you dislike movies with inaccurate garb and armor

I can only watch medieval-themed movies that get the vote of approval from other SCAdians... and even then only by myself or with other SCAdians... apparently mundanes aren't interested in a running commentary on the garb during "Barveheart" redface

im not allowed to watch medevil based movies with my mundain friends anymore. and my teacher gets pissed cause i repediatly correct her XD.

My college professor asked me to 1) tell the class why there is so much anti-Welsh and Scottish sentiment in Shakespeare's Macbeth and 2) about James the IV of Scotland, I of England (who, why, how). Not strictly SCA time, but very historical and amusing. Oh, he knew the answers, by the way, just he knew I did as well. razz smile  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:58 pm
ResidentOfDarkness
ShadowDruid
If you walk into a fabric store and wonder out loud is this period or not? Or,
discuss how to make a circle cloak at a restaurant (which people like around
wondering was fun). I agree freaking mundanes is fun! OR, when a mundane
goes "Are you in a play?" You go "No, this is normal clothing!"

lol my mom and i were going to 5th night and we went to starbucks and a bunch of people came out and said "are you in a play"

I've gone...let me think, to Chinese buffets, to Wal-mart, to college classes, downtown, shopping and travel all in period clothing. It's fuN!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games