Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Mod Sigs [null] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm
0ceanBlue
Wow.

Is it just me, or did your skill level with composition jump with the Minami signature?
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

He probably practiced a lot before making those two?

...at least you have influence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 am
I´ll go and add my new signature

heart  

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:41 am
Thanks. =)

I been reading up on flow, depth, and color.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:22 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes!!
You won't be part the masses of signature makers who have no idea how to compose a signature and think all there is to signatures are really, really bright colors and nothing else!!

Personally, I think people who know about those end up a lot better than those who don't, even if their skill level isn't equal.

GeebusKermas
Crew

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:28 pm
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

Yes!!
You won't be part the masses of signature makers who have no idea how to compose a signature and think all there is to signatures are really, really bright colors and nothing else!!

Personally, I think people who know about those end up a lot better than those who don't, even if their skill level isn't equal.

When I look at my signatures right now, I think they really suck in comparison to yours and a lot other awesome people. So I taken it upon myself to learn not from tutorials but on the fundamental stuff, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:28 pm
wow, the new ones are amazing. bravo, sir.
maybe you can revise the Akira signature and make a new one?  

aughgh
Crew

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:38 pm
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

Yes!!

When I look at my signatures right now, I think they really suck in comparison to yours and a lot other awesome people. So I taken it upon myself to learn not from tutorials but on the fundamental stuff, I think.

That's just practice and experimentation. You have a superior grasp of color than I do, judging by your signatures. If you work with signatures for a while, then you'll get better at it. Finding forums that specialize in things such as signature making [or even renders] also helps. Believe me, you're giving me too much credit, since after a little while you'll end up a lot better than me, judging on how you're going.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:39 pm
Fig Leaf Bi Carbonate

Sure, I'll get around to it. It'll go in my queue list.  

00NINE-1
Crew

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:43 pm
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

Yes!!

That's just practice and experimentation. You have a superior grasp of color than I do, judging by your signatures. If you work with signatures for a while, then you'll get better at it. Finding forums that specialize in things such as signature making [or even renders] also helps. Believe me, you're giving me too much credit, since after a little while you'll end up a lot better than me, judging on how you're going.

A complement, I can't take it. redface
Yeah, I found a nice forum that have nice tips and tricks.
No way, you're awesome!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:49 pm
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

Yes!!

No way, you're awesome!

Heh, now it seems like I'm the one receiving the compliment.
And you say I'm good at signatures, but realize that I mostly use brushing, lighting [usually with a black/white brush and Gaussian Blur, and then changing the layer to Soft Light and reducing the opacity] , and adjustment layers [they're interesting]. Everything else is just planning the colors and the composition before-hand.
I should learn some new tricks.

GeebusKermas
Crew

aughgh
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:52 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Fig Leaf Bi Carbonate

Sure, I'll get around to it. It'll go in my queue list.

thanks a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:56 pm
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
Thanks. =)

Yes!!

No way, you're awesome!

And you say I'm good at signatures, but realize that I mostly use brushing, lighting [usually with a black/white brush and Gaussian Blur, and then changing the layer to Soft Light and reducing the opacity] , and adjustment layers [they're interesting]. Everything else is just planning the colors and the composition before-hand.

But but... Your Haruhi signature is so pretty. I should start planning out signatures beforehand.  

00NINE-1
Crew

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 pm
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh

No way, you're awesome!

But but... Your Haruhi signature is so pretty. I should start planning out signatures beforehand.

The Haruhi one is one of those "OMG HOW DID I DO THAT?!" signatures. I can't even make one as good as that. ^__^;;

You don't need to do a lot of planning. Just thinking of the colors that would go well with the render and the flow of the signature works well enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:03 pm
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh
0ceanBlue
SamuraiHuynh

No way, you're awesome!

The Haruhi one is one of those "OMG HOW DID I DO THAT?!" signatures. I can't even make one as good as that. ^__^;;

You don't need to do a lot of planning. Just thinking of the colors that would go well with the render and the flow of the signature works well enough for me.

Oh..

Finding the flow of the render was hard because the Lucky Star renders were just profile of their head usually looking straight out. Don't really know how to deal with that.  

00NINE-1
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 pm
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

The Line art is AWESOME!!

Just like the stress ball I got in Sex Ed today..about smoking. Lol.

...at least you have influence.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces