Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)
Trial of Heros II (Important message on Pg. 59) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:45 am
Relief swept of her as she was found by Epotheros. She congratulated him a good fight and gave him a quick hug before Clover went off prepare for the archery event. A slight nervous twitch settled in her stomach. Feeling obligated to do her best, she took several deep breaths in attempt to calm herself before she took a standard bow and quiver from the proctor’s assistant.

Clover waited as the head proctor for the event announced how the finals would proceed. The remaining four teams would be matched against each other in twos, and then the winning pairs from that round would then all compete against each other. Eliminating the worse shots, only two would be left to compete for the prize. If at any time there was a tie the winner would be decided by the next best shot. Like before only three shots per round per participant would be allowed. This was all to take place in the center of the arena.

The older man from the day before walked up to Clover and said encouragingly, “We’ve come this far. Surely we’ll both make it to the deciding match, young one.” He chuckle as Clover adorned a mixture of surprise and excitement.

“Well, Sir I do wish you the best of luck, whatever the outcome may be,” she flashed an appreciative smile before they were both asked to set on some benches placed on the outer edges of the range to wait for their turn.

The first two teams to compete were quite skilled, though one participant seemed to have just gotten this far on their teammate’s abilities alone. Each shot hit the target as they all restrung their bows for the next hit. While watching with great interest Clover heard, “The one on the end, there. He’s my boy.” She inspected the one that the old man singled out. The man appeared to be in his late twenties and had a smug look on his face. “He’s an arrogant boy. That’s why I’m competing. I can’t let him win,” the man admitted in a serious tone. “He needs to learn to live a humble life. Just this once he needs to fail at something.”

Clover turned and looked at the arrogant man’s father with astonishment. She couldn’t believe what the man was saying. Did he really care about his son learning a lesson about being humble so much as to compete against him in this tournament? Something akin to admiration for the old man arose within Clover. “Well then if I end up matched against him, I will surely do my best to aid you,” she answered with confidence and determination.

Surely enough the old man’s son and his partner, a young lord who no doubt was just getting by, won . Once the shot arrows were retrieved from the four targets lined at the far end of the rang, the last two teams took stance and began to shoot. With even more reasons to succeed Clover was able to hit bulls-eye every time save once. The last shot she only grazed the lower edge of the solid, red circle. She was happy to see that her partner was shooting as well as he had the day before. His shots were all precise and executed with the greatest of skill. With those two shooting as well as they did, they were deemed the winners of that round.

((I’ll finish the archery tournament in either my next post or next two. Hopefully these aren’t too long for you all. I just figured I would make it a bit interesting since Clover is the only one actually competing in this now. If you all have any suggestions let me know.))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 pm
Epotheros watched the matches by leaning against the fence that surrounded the archery range. He looked over his shoulder every once and a while to watch more and more people crowd into Tramer's box. "He must have a big sign on the side that says, "Free food and drink."  

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:44 pm
Shmitty was still ontop of tramers box watching the archery compation, feeling happy for the girl who was moving onto the next round... waiting for the next round to start he started to wistle softly and smoothly to himself as he sat cross legged, he liked his new seat cuzz the sun was shining warmly on his back and his straw hat was the shade he ever needed, the only way you could tell he was a fox demonb was cuzz of his bushy fox tail, his sensative ears hidden in the hate and now that he had a full tummy, all he could is wistle or smoke but he already was feeling good so why not wistle  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 pm
Tramer watched confused and amazed all at the same time as he watched the tall fox demon reach down grabbing food, thou Tramer’s attention was soon pulled off as the cat demon spoke. After Zoey spoke Tramer stared at her intrigued, “if you had seen the things I saw…done the things I did, you might rethink that statement” Tramer said soberly thou quickly fallowed by short drunken chuckle as he turned away from Zoey. Noticing more and more random people entering the box Tramer lifted his hood concealing his face, Tramer turned to face Larien “there must be a sign out there saying free food and drink” Tramer chuckled setting down his cup on the table. Tramer stood up and walked toward the front of the box, lining out of the box Tramer looked up trying to see the tall fox demon, thou all he could see was the top of a straw hat, “whomever you are, you just might as well come in here to watch the tournament…everyone else is” Tramer chuckled as he lessened to the demon wising just before stumbling back to his set. Tramer reached forward for his cup but just as touched it Tramer paused, thinking back to the disappointed stair Clover had given him then the statement form Zoey, Tramer looked toward Larine knowing her feelings about his habit, Tramer lined back into his char leaving the cup behind just now starting to watch the tournament.  

Tramer
Crew

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:12 pm
He poked his head down and looked at the wizerd and then stopped his wistleing jest before he was getting to an intense part of the song in his head "Eh i like it up here jest fine, besides the sun is so warm today" smiling with a goofy face plus he was upside down so it was even funner looking. then is hat started to fall off his head barly catching it in time, but losing his balence ontop and fell barly into the box, with a thud he landed and made another funny face then he laughed "no sense not staying now haha" getting a seat next to tramer and sort of next to the girl in the far corner "Oh by the way tramer, i rudly didnt anwser you before.. my name is shmitty" with his hand he took his sword off his belt, so he could sit comfertable, and set it in frount of him, it too made a load thump when heavy blade hit the ground  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 pm
Kendra, if she could've, would've scooted further into the corner and away from the people. Surely Master Tramer would have said hullo if he did want me around. Although this conforms my conclusions, I will stay, watch this, and leave, surely. She thought, her long braid draping over her shoulder. Her grey eyes flickered with concentration, and her golden jewelery glinted in the light that reached her in the corner.  

Dragonmaster1251

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 pm
Shmitty turned around and gave the girl in the corner a friendly "hello"
and smiled warmly at her, noticing her uneasness he mumbled "dont worry i think he dousnt care if your in here... and sense im breaking silence may i know your name? if you didnt heir mines shmitty" he streched out a hand towards her  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 pm
She tenatively streched out her hand as well and shook his. "Kendra." She mumbled.  

Dragonmaster1251

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:42 pm
In Tramer current stat and with the increasing amount of people in the box Tramer didn’t notice as Kendra entered the box, hearing something behind Tramer looked back thou it ended up being nothing important he just then noticing the girls presences. Tramer was just about to great her when the tall fox demon lined down from the top of the box, Tramer laughed to himself as the demon took a set next to him, “it’s a pleasure, Shmitty” Tramer said nodding his head, Tramer then turned toward Kendra “I didn’t notice you take a set” Tramer laughed “I had hoped you would join us today” Tramer said kindly retuning his attention to Shmitty. “this beautiful lady beside me is Larien” Tramer said gesturing his hands toward Larien, then seeing Shmitty had already introduced himself to Kandra went on to Zoey “at the end of the table over there is Zoey” Tramer laughed realizing he now new all these strangers by name, “anyone else in here are random people that somehow found there way in” Tramer chuckled returning his attention to the tournament.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:46 pm
Kendra smiled half-heartedly, though it was small. Yes, of course he did. I mean, everyone wants me to join them. She thought, and it was dripping with sarcasm.  

Dragonmaster1251

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:50 pm
He finished shaking kendras hand "nice to meet you" he said with an even warmer smile, then nodded to the other girls, "its an honer... i would satnd and bow to you but im afraid i would hit my head" he laughed as it was very true, he watched and waited for the other part of the archry contest to begin... "so tramer if you dont mind me asking, what happend to your eye"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:52 pm
"Black magic, during the fight against Zant." Kendra answered for Tramer, knowing that part of the story by heart. It was her favorite part.  

Dragonmaster1251

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:05 pm
"I see.. now who is... was zant, see I never heird about this man zant, you see were im from i had to worry about are own trials... hoping for peace between tribes and such, not to mention you miss alot of news when your lost in a cave that wound up into a crept of anceint times for at least a month " though he never did solve how long he had been down there jest that he was able to see light again  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:11 pm
Tramer froze at Shmitty’s question, thou fortunately Kandra interrupted, “basically…” Tramer said halfheartedly looking down to the ground as he remembered back to when he himself had tried to kill his companions controlled by a presence that still haunted him.

“come come, have another drink…” the voice of Dericos echoed in Tramer’s mind “know mater how much you drink you will never be rid of me” Dericos continued contently.

Tramer grinned his teeth before looking back up, Tramer quickly regaining his composure turned toward Kandra, “you know a surprising amount about Zant and the story of his demise, may I ask were you came about this information” Tramer asked trying to change the subject, thou his words were still slightly slurred the alcohol still being strong in his system.  

Tramer
Crew

Dragonmaster1251

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 pm
Kendra shifted nervously and looked down. She stayed silent and twiddled her thumbs, not wanting to release any of her past. Even where she had come across the information, because that would have led into her past, more detailed and whatnot. "I don't remember." She finally lied.  
*Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games