Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Off-Topic Discussion's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NiaPryce

Versatile Seeker

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:23 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_e1lB6j6lM&feature=related  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:45 pm
The_Great_Hero
0ceanBlue
The_Great_Hero
0ceanBlue
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eh? D&D, huh?

I guess we can't really compare those two, since they involve two completely different scenarios. I don't think the Type-MOON world has many different types of sorcery, so Rule Breaker's definition encompasses all types of magic in the Type-MOON world [considering it not only affects magic, but can affect Servant abilities, such as Saber's magic resistance].

But I don't understand why the Rule Breaker would be countered by chaotic ethereal force. Rule Breaker doesn't dispel magic by inflicting damage on the bonds. It's the basic property of the Rule Breaker which allow it to dissolve magic once it pierces. You can negate the damage you get from the pierce [although it's minimal anyways], but you can't negate a property with a force.

Aside from that, just because I addressed spiritual bodies doesn't mean I only addressed spiritual bodies. Dispelling any sorcery is similar to dispelling enchantments or artifacts in Magic the Gathering. Since your barrier can be considered an enchantment, Rule Breaker would dispel it.

And something I just realized, your interpretation of Avalon's powers are flawed due to the fact that the physical plane doesn't refer to physical attacks but to the physical dimension [or world] altogether, which I'm assuming your magic operates under. It's like the Basilica [Ragnarok Online reference] of Type-MOON. You can't receive damage under it, and you probably can't mount offensives under it, but then that's inferring based on comparison.

But honestly, we can't compare this too well because the worlds are so different.

Oh, and they're Wiki's definitions, not mine.

I did more extensive research and just strung together the basic similarities that exist is pretty much all fantasy worlds under this general genre.

Hmm, I guess I did screw up with Avalon.

BTW, this really isn't D&D vs Type-MOON, but rather general fantasy vs Type-MOON. In that world, I could very well have set up the weakest barrier ever.

The barrier isn't an enchantment because it covers a specific area, which doesn't exactly apply to me, which therefore classifies it as a normal spell. I don't think its an Artifact either due to it being a spell.

Well, it has to pierce, right? Plus, magic doesn't just dissolve; it has to go somewhere, right? Basically, anything that happens to ethereal magic that destroys it, which dissolving probably falls under, causes an emission of chaotic ethereal force at the location of the damage/dissolution. That force wouldn't directly counter the Rule Breaker's ability directly. Instead, it would negate the dagger's ability to follow through with its attack, due to the chaotic ethereal force cancelling the physical force. Its like normal resistance.

Now, remember that this is a magical force causing the cancellation, thus giving a different reaction than that of a normal resistance. Normally, something that comes across too much resistance stops its movement and doesn't move unless something causes it to do so. With this chaotic ethereal force, it also prevents something from moving the resisted object for a short amount of time, slowly building up any force that may still be applied to push through the resistance. After a short while, this collected force can be expelled to push back the opponent.

If this were a real battle, and you were attacking with the Rule Breaker, your first strike would probably pierce through about a quarter of the barrier before pushing you back. Another lunge would take you through about a third through the barrier before your repulsion. A final strike would fully collapse the barrier.

I did some research on Type-MOON as well as Rule Breaker in particular, and found that, through a bunch of logic and crap that I don't really want to waste my time typing down, the Rule Breaker can break my barrier in three strikes as described above.

So, in summary:

My fortified ethereal barrier can only be broken by two ways presented in this discussion - A) The Excalibur and Enuma Elish are used in a joint attack that will destroy the barrier, at the cost of everything around it; or B) Stab, stab, stab with the Rule Breaker.

...Dang Rule Breaker is breaking the rules.

Ah, I see. I assumed that you were saying that the Rule Breaker's ability would be negated by the force, but you're saying that it wouldn't go all the way through the barrier before it got pushed back, right?

I'm curious about this now. How about the Gáe Bolg? The concept under that is that by using it, the person is stabbed in the future, and events are altered so that it stabs. That way, unless you have a high amount of luck, it inevitably stabs you because you have already been stabbed in the future.

Dang, I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up. 'Cause that pretty much beats me unless I use a luck spell, which is usually celestial. Of course, as an esper and not a mage or monk that can cast that, I'm screwed.

I laugh at the name of that spear. I always read it as Gay Blog, even though I believe that the Gae is pronounced differently. Darn, how do you manage to get the accents on letters?

I can easily enable European typing on my computer. I needed it because I type stuff for my French class such as à, é, and my all-time favorite ç [sarcasm].

I can also type hiragana on my computer. Just something I did because I was bored. Unfortunately, I can't understand it.
らき すた
[Now needs to learn how to place the star in the middle].

Gáe Bolg [apparently, it's actually Bulg according to Wikipedia] is Irish, so I wouldn't know how to pronounce it. It means "notched spear".

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:10 pm
keaton dar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_e1lB6j6lM&feature=related
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Lucy Star Opening remix

Haru Star (Non Colored)

Lucky Star + Cowboy Bebop = Awesome opening

Lucky Star Kai (Lucky Star + Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai)

and just for kicks..

God Knows Official English Version, sung by Wendee Lee

and...

Chocolate rain

...at least you have influence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:39 pm
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Oh my God LOL. That was...interesting. No emotion, but otherwise it was good (from a dub standpoint). It needs more emotion, it needs to have that strong feeling of the entire story summing up in that single song.

But I think we've discussed this before: The Haruhi dub screwed up the most with voices. Script was good, overlay was good, but GOD the VAs totally screwed up. Didn't we come to the consensus of "Kyon's serious and Haruhi's nice"?  

The_Great_Hero

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Kentai Life Returns! [Tomokazu Sugita] on Oricon top 100 2007? Win!!

It was number 46.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:28 pm
merry lễ Nô-en mọi người! ?!  

00NINE-1
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 pm
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Oh my God LOL. That was...interesting. No emotion, but otherwise it was good (from a dub standpoint). It needs more emotion, it needs to have that strong feeling of the entire story summing up in that single song.

But I think we've discussed this before: The Haruhi dub screwed up the most with voices. Script was good, overlay was good, but GOD the VAs totally screwed up. Didn't we come to the consensus of "Kyon's serious and Haruhi's nice"?
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The original Japanese dub also had no emotion, if you missed that. They both simply had a unnecessary increase in volume (almost to screaming level), just like the English dub does.

And also, it is just Haruhi singing a cover song. It is not meant to sum up the entire series. It is how you promote a song inside a TV show, it instantly becomes popular.

I also thought the VA's were a good pick. Kyon actually sounds like a Teenager, Wendee's voice is worth doing Haruhi, the other VA's did well too, like Nagato's, Koizumi's and Taniguchi.

The only badly done voice is Mikuru's, because Western dubbing companies don't usually hire girls at the age of 14 or 15 to do voices (because the unnaturally high voice of a 54 or so year old woman doesn't sound right), only boys seem to get them at that age.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:08 am
Cute girl asked me to join Anime Club. I said yes.  

00NINE-1
Crew

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The original Japanese dub also had no emotion, if you missed that. They both simply had a unnecessary increase in volume (almost to screaming level), just like the English dub does.

And also, it is just Haruhi singing a cover song. It is not meant to sum up the entire series. It is how you promote a song inside a TV show, it instantly becomes popular.

I also thought the VA's were a good pick. Kyon actually sounds like a Teenager, Wendee's voice is worth doing Haruhi, the other VA's did well too, like Nagato's, Koizumi's and Taniguchi.

The only badly done voice is Mikuru's, because Western dubbing companies don't usually hire girls at the age of 14 or 15 to do voices (because the unnaturally high voice of a 54 or so year old woman doesn't sound right), only boys seem to get them at that age.

I partially agree with you.

Kyon's VA is awesome, no doubt in my mind about that.

I had a problem with Wendee though. Whether it was her script [I cringed when she said "otakus" (otakus?) and "moe"] or just her tone while reading her script, I couldn't stand it. I personally don't think Haruhi is suited for her; she's a good VA, but she probably would do better under a different character mold.

Nagato was iffy. Apparently, keeping your voice at a monotone takes effort, especially when reading scripts. Even worse that they didn't realize that her voice wasn't monotone like a robot, but just with a lack of emotion. The VA's attempt was okay. I had problems with her script though [which wasn't her problem]. Certain parts seemed like they added superfluous words [I believe it was, "I actually am an alien," or something like that that bothered me the most], while others tried to emphasize that she skimmed words. Pick one or the other, but not both.

Koizumi's VA was okay. It took a while to get used to it.

I'm not going to comment on Mikuru's....

I thought it was amusing that AFK's subbing was more regionalized [moe = turn-ons, otaku = geeks] than Kadokawa/BangZoom's script. I personally can't stand "otaku" talk in dubs, to be honest.

It's just personal opinion. Take it however you like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:40 pm
I just used live trace in illustrator. My god! It does a better job than me! I'm spazzing out right now. Golly, live trace is like a gift from god himself.  

00NINE-1
Crew

aughgh
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:21 pm
hay, I was wondering, does anyone around here listen to all those IDM/speedcore/happy hardcore/breakcore artists that use tons of anime samples and are basically inspired by anime and lolicon altogether?

i.e. LOLI RIPE, DJ Sharpnel.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:32 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

But I think we've discussed this before: The Haruhi dub screwed up the

I partially agree with you.

Kyon's VA is awesome, no doubt in my mind about that.

I had a problem with Wendee though. Whether it was her script [I cringed when she said "otakus" (otakus?) and "moe"] or just her tone while reading her script, I couldn't stand it. I personally don't think Haruhi is suited for her; she's a good VA, but she probably would do better under a different character mold.

Nagato was iffy. Apparently, keeping your voice at a monotone takes effort, especially when reading scripts. Even worse that they didn't realize that her voice wasn't monotone like a robot, but just with a lack of emotion. The VA's attempt was okay. I had problems with her script though [which wasn't her problem]. Certain parts seemed like they added superfluous words [I believe it was, "I actually am an alien," or something like that that bothered me the most], while others tried to emphasize that she skimmed words. Pick one or the other, but not both.

Koizumi's VA was okay. It took a while to get used to it.

I'm not going to comment on Mikuru's....

I thought it was amusing that AFK's subbing was more regionalized [moe = turn-ons, otaku = geeks] than Kadokawa/BangZoom's script. I personally can't stand "otaku" talk in dubs, to be honest.

It's just personal opinion. Take it however you like.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I get where you are coming from, least you didn't just say "they aren't the original voice actors so they suck."

I admit, Wendee saying "Moe" was kinda creepy, however I think her real enthusiastic voice really fit for me.

Nagato's was yeah, monotone. However, we can't just pick people off the street like Japan does, so their training comes into it and when they are told monotone you get robotic. Nagato was really well done in TMoHS Part 5 though.

Koizumi was pretty much almost the same as his Japanese VA, just his voice had a nasaly notion to it.

I do remember though, in the Kadokawa/Bandai script they said "Moe = Turn Ons" as part of Haruhi's lines.

I haven't heard her say Otaku in English yet, we only have volumn's 1 and 2 out here (episodes 1- cool .

Onicept
Captain

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out