Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 am

User Image

"I wouldn't say reading our textbooks 5 times in-depth. I used the textbooks are a spring board to understand the world. I couldn't remember all the reference books or the names of famous people, so I had to go back and reread the books. Once I had that memorized, I didn't need them anymore," Cat glanced at David, then back at Kas. They had lived with magic surely they would know what it took a spell work. She had just said that books couldn't teach everything, magic was probably one of the many things one couldn't learn.

She sighed and glanced around wondering if the their fellow year mates they had taken such diligence with their studies. It made her feel a bit better that she might not the only one who had gone a touch overboard with their studies. Seriously who could blame her, magic was such an amazing thing.

"Kas have you considered what house you might get into?" she asked turning back towards him.

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:51 am

I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -"Perhaps, but compared to the meagre amount of reading I've done, I'd call it in-depth for now."

Everything be damned, he was definitely going to have to up the ante in his studies. He felt utterly underprepared compared to the both of them. Pinching the bridge of his nose again, he let out a small exhale. Adressing the latter question, he nodded. "I have, actually," he answered, feeling slightly better. Straightening up, he continued. "If I were to place myself according to the standards given, I would probably say Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Though I hope it's Slytherin. The dorms are in the dungeons so that means cooler sleeping areas." The redhead scowled lightly. "I don't do well in heat. It's disgusting."

Racketing the question back, Kas asked, "How about you, Catharine? Have you thought about it as well?"

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

Slytherin or Hufflepuff... an odd either or.

"Well if you get Hufflepuff you will be by the kitchens," David pointed out to Kas. "But my bets are Claire is going to be in Slytherin so you'll have her to see more often. And of course, Slytherin, it is more popular to play the game. You can make good connections there, though, of course."

He smiled and glanced over to Catharine, curious to what house she had considered for herself. He couldn't even imagine himself in Hufflepuff and the idea of Gryffindor could make him laugh-not the idea of the house, but the idea of him being placed in the house.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am

User Image
"No, I haven't given it much thought," Catharine admitted with a shrug. She had only considered the Houses when her mother had first told her Hogwarts, of course at the time she'd thought her mother was mad. Then after the trips to Diagon Alley and obtaining her books, the research and everything it had faded into the background with all the other facts she had collected. Slytherin collect those with ambition, cunning, and wit. Ravenclaw had sought the smart, the wise, and the unique. While Hufflepuff split the hardworking of the loyal students from the bravest, whom Gyffindor had gathered.

She considered herself rather brave, but only when she was sure she could handle the outcome of her actions. Did that make her cunning like a Slytherin or perhaps it didn't matter? She was smart, in fact her intelligence and memory are her pride and joy, yet did that make her Ravenclaw? Was it possible her hard work, even in breaking the rules make her fit for Hufflepuff? Those were probably the thoughts that bothered others all these months and even right now, but they had only just passed her's.

"In truth, I don't know myself well enough to even guess. I don't know what the sorting will really ask of me," she said finally. "It's something I'll have to face... so much studying and I don't even know what my first test really is."

She would have laugh, but now she wondered if she should have focus more on the issue of her House. She wasn't fond of this 'game' that the boys had apparently lived with, but she wasn't sure of the other houses. Ravenclaw, she'd read little about and it seemed fine enough. Hufflepuff wasn't really in any of the books she'd read, but she'd heard plenty from eavesdropping. Gyffindors were so brave, great, and wonderful part of her had wondered why the other Houses existed as she read through various History books. Which might make it a good House, but did she really want to join it or was it just the hype. Then there was the other two Houses. . .Finally, she shook her head of the circles she seemed to be running herself around muttering, "I can't place myself anywhere."

"Though if Slytherin House is as you believe, David. Then I agree, Claire will find a nice home there."

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 am

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -"Claire, huh?" Kas huffed. "I'd bloat living in Hufflepuff, but taking into account what you both have said about her, I'd think I'd chance it."

In a way, Kas was protective of the game. He had suffered through it, participated in it, lost and won a once too often to have some silly little girl barge in and possibly ruin his work. It wasn't much of him actually liking it- - - though it did prove fun on occasion- - - it was more of the fact that he had worked too hard, too long and invested too much into this 'game' to risk losing it. Someone like him holding his ground against political and familial authorities? It wasn't easy and he wouldn't go back even if Merlin himself demanded that he did.

He envied Catharine, to be honest. Listening to her speech, he smiled. It was a confusing feeling- - - it always was. "Then it means you'll probably do fine," Kas said, tone soft. "It's not the House that defines a person, no matter how it may seem otherwise. It's the person who defines a House.No matter where you begin with, the House was modelled off people, so to say, and what is a House with no one home?"

|| Okay, I might have to go to sleep now, you guys. Off to bed for me ||

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:00 am

User Image

E l e v e n . U n s o r t e d . F i r s t Y e a r ? ? ?
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Without actually attempting to, Kara had been listening in on the conversation being had by the small group a few boats over. Spying on people isn't something she usually excelled at, so realizing that she had heard so much without being a part of the conversation, she immediately forced herself to stop.

"If they wanted to talk to you, they would have already. Don't be rude, Kara," she mumbled to herself almost silently.

Even having prevented further eavesdropping, Kara couldn't help but ponder the last question they had been discussing. She wondered which house she would be sorted in to. There were strong pros and cons to all four houses, to be certain, but some held more appeal than others. Well, to be more accurate, Slytherin had less appeal than she cared to think about. While Kara was certain that there was no way all people were exactly within the profile of the house they were in, she also recognized that nearly all of the Slytherin's she had seen and heard thus far had tweaked something negatively in her instinctively. Ravenclaw on the other hand sounded like a house she could truly see herself in. Kara was generally considered a somewhat intelligent girl. Though much of that came from countless hours studying the subjects that she had trouble with, which seemed to land her more solidly in Hufflepuff. Then there was the legendary Gryffindor house. As much as she would love to be part of the house from all the stories, she got the feeling a lot of it was just that: stories. Besides, brave would never be the first thing Kara would think of to describe herself.

"There's just so much to think about! This is crazy."

Kara took a deep breath, attempting to allow herself to relax. She knew there was nothing she could truly do to choose her house. It all came down to where she would actually fit best.

ooc:

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:03 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Oh, I'm sure Kas could handle Claire any day or the week.

"You have to know how to get past the portrait and win over the house elves for the kitchens to be of any use to you though," David told Kas, apparently one of his uncles had managed the trick and laughed about it at one Christmas party. "And a house without anyone home is of course a shell," he said answering the question as if it was a riddle.

He turned to Catharine and said with a smile, "And the sorting is quite simple. It is the Sorting Hat's job so you really don't have to do anything. I heard it sometimes takes longer on some people than others, but it always makes a decision, none the less. And we have classes with all the houses so it isn't like we're segregated completely or anything. Each house just has its own common rooms and dormitories."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:07 am

User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ 𝒰nsorted

Just as the worried question escaped his trembling lips, Alex was surprised to be joined by two more students, Alex the girl and Jason. Alex the girl seemed friendly, and she also looked like she knew a little more about this place than he did, but for some reason he didn't mind. Even though she knew more than him he felt like he could trust her. Just before he was about to repeat his question, Jason spoke, reassuring them of the boat's safety. Alex smiled and nodded in response, then spoke. I'm Alex too, by the way, and this is Tabitha. I was just asking Tabitha how we're supposed to get across the lake when we don't have any oars. He reached up to play with the hair on his neck again. It was his nervous habit, and he was glad that it at least wasn't something like biting his nails. If there had to be a nervous habit, scratching the back of his neck was about the best it could be. I mean it just doesn't seem logical to have boats and no oars. The boy's face flushed. He was getting all to frustrated too quickly. Hopefully someone would provide some answers soon; he didn't want to have an episode in front of his classmates. It was just so much had happened in one day.
His stomach churned as he remembered the platform, how so many people, er, muggles walked past and never noticed the children running straight into the wall. This was the first odd thing this morning. Then there was the train, and all the oddities about it. The people talking about things that the boy had never heard of (what was Quid Itch? Was it like the need for money?). And now boats with no oars. Ugh, why couldn't these witches and wizards provide a handbook?He did his best to keep a smile on his face as he mulled it all over. Soon, he told himself. Soon he would excel even here.

❶ OOC: ❶

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Sariwa

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:19 am

User Image

Catharine took comforted in Kas and David's words, but it also seemed to poke at the small worry that had been with her for a while. What if she didn't fit in any because she didn't belong there at all. It was a worry that had nagged at her before, but the fact that her new friends couldn't seem to place her caused her some worry. Worst was the idea that she had made these new friends only to have leave them.

No don't think like that, she thought trying to reassure herself, The sorting is just as David said...he should know too having grown up in this world. No having grown up with magic. It's my world too. I will get sorted, the hat always makes a decision. Relaxing a bit she leaned back and wondering if there were ready to go. The sooner she knew for sure, the sooner the little nagging doubt would disappear. Then to bring a bit of lighthearted back she said, "Oh, so you just sleep and take breaks with your House mates. Good, I'd hate to have to make friends all over again and loss you guys just cause I went to one House and you two to the others.

She smirked then and jokingly continued, "Though seeing as I'm the only girl in our group. That might be a good thing. I'd hate to be surrounded by you guys forever. Who'd listen to my love life problems?"

[{rest well, Sparrow }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:30 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -The male sighed at David's words. Of course, it wouldn't be as simple as that. Resigning himself to it, he murmured almost morosely, "Where would the fun be if there wasn't any challenge? Of course."

Kas laughed softly. "If only it were that easy. I wouldn't object at all to sleeping," the redhead sighed. "And you'd not get rid of me so easily, I'm afraid." So he might have taken a potential risk here, but he figured it couldn't hurt at eleven. "Good company is difficult to find."

"And I take offense to that, by the way," he continued, adapting the playful tone Catharine had used and continuing it. "You'll find that some boys are equally as good company as other girls in times of emotional, hormonal distress." Blinking, Kas processed that thought once more in his head. "I can't believe that's actually true," he muttered in shock. Briefly his mind flashed back to Jaime and his father, who were both the counsellors of the heart within the family. Marvelling at that, he continued once again. "And to be honest, they're much better at gossiping, anyway. Loathe I am to admit."

|| Nevermind, the WiFi's still on ||

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Already worried about her love life?

"You could reconnect with Claire. I'm sure she would listen. Of course she probably would blackmail you with the information but that's life," David said with a dramatic sigh. He smiled and said, "Seriously, though, you should worry more about classes than romantic drama as a first year. The first year is your academic foundation and OWLs are only four more years away after this."

His brown eyes stared at her seriously and then he said a bit more gently more or less agreeing with Kas, "Just because we're male doesn't mean we are incapable of giving advice about your love life. Hell, if you are interested in guys, wouldn't a guy be a smarter person to get advice from than another girl? Besides, I am a pretty good listener."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:57 am

User Image
Catharine turned towards David her silvery eyes wide while batting her lashes at him, I'm sure you're a wonderful listener, but I'm not going to share my fancies with you even if you knew the bloke's favorite candies. It's just..."

She paused trying to figure out how to explain it. She'd watched enough telly to know that it was standard for girl's to talk to girl's about such things. It was like painting you nails or getting your hair done. You did them with those things with other girls. She shook her head and glanced between the two boys, "Well, I figured it was the sort of things boys rolled their eyes at. Listening to a girl prattle on, plus boys at my school were always rubbish gossipers. However, I'll have to give you boys a chance. Plus, I can already tell you'll keep me focused on the important things like exams... that are 4 years away."

Turning to look at David again, she smirked saying, "With you so love minded, David. I bet you'd fall first and I'd be the one reminding you that you have to study."

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:09 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Kas wanted to giggle. He really did. However, at the risk of seeming overly odd, he decided to settle for covering his amused grin with his sleeve-covered hand. He did get the gist of what they were both saying and both had a valid point. Sitting back, he watched on again, wishing only for some popcorn to make it all perfect.

mc2

StudiousDemoness
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:09 pm

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Already worried about her love life?

David smirked at Catharine's bet and chuckled some, "I'm not my mother who apparently had her first love at eight and then end up marrying him. And I'll bet you by fifth year you'll have half the boys forgetting even that we have OWLs exams, driving them crazy." She was pretty with her dark hair and silvery eyes, a pretty face once boys hit puberty was something that could easily distract them. "Besides I would never forget to study."

"Logically a guy can give better advice on a guy you like than a girl," David said with a shrug. "But like I said you could always reconnect with Claire."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 pm

╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
After learning about the fact that they would have to get on what looked like unstable boat that seemed able to break by a stone hitting it, Maxine wasn't exactly feeling safe at that moment. But she simply sucked it up and got on one as carefully as she knew how. Standing there and crying about it didn't seem like it would help the situation, besides she doubted that the Headmaster nor any of the teachers would make them do something completely dangerous, especially given the fact that they were first years. She didn't say any of this, though. Some likely were completely terrified of riding on the boats to the castle and she didn't want to make it worse with her rabble. So she sat quietly in her boat, listening to other students chatter on, her mind wandering from subject to subject, all dealing with what would happen the following days, the following hour. All the worrying was driving her absolutely mad.

Right as she thought that another girl relaid it, but aloud. She turned her head to see it was a girl with brilliant red hair. She looked about as nervous as Maxine felt. "You can say that again. It's all so-" she waved her hand lazily, as if searching for her words. "-complex? Confusing? Both, probably. But all we can really do is wait and see. Then again, I'm freaking out just as much as you probably are, so that may not be the best thing to say."
▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Unsorted Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

Kara Duskat
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games