Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anna Adair
Unsorted Hogwarts Student

Anna followed the first years into the Great hall. When the doors opened and she saw all the tables and the large hall, she couldn't help but stare when she walked in. The roof was a sky with floating candles. She felt this place was made for her. As the group stopped she heard about the sorting hat and the names being called. She waited patiently until her name was called. Her excitement dropped out of nowhere and she started to feel anxious as she realized she could end up being sorted into the one house she does not want to be in. She walked up to the chair and let the sorting hat get put on her head. She figured she will hide her nervous feelings and sit tall. 'Not Ravenclaw, please not Ravenclaw...'Anna thought to herself repeatedly as she waited to hear where she will be for the next 7 years. She hoped to follow her mum's footsteps in Slytherin.

People can describe me as very social. I like to talk to people whenever I can, though I may make them mad as I am not afraid to be honest. I can be very opinionated and a know-it-all. I am one to hold grudges, and I can get scary when you are on my bad side, so don't get on my bad side. I am not really into this "learning" stuff as anything a professor can teach me I can find in a book. I can contradict myself alot including from liking to talk to people to going to not want to be part of any crowd. I like to read out by any tree and stargaze at night. I am always ready for a fight but will not go out of my way to pick a fight. I am still trying to find myself. I am not one to care what people think of me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:31 pm
User Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Family Heir

Location : Great Hall - Sorting

Julius was hardly worried about his placement as he walked into the great hall. Looking around it looked oddly like his parents had described. Seeing the students dressed in their colors, he found himself looking to the green and silver table. That was where he wanted to be. He thought of his cousin how he was in Gryffindor. That wouldn’t be an issue here, he was sure. He glanced at his classmates and wondered where they would be placed. Not that he cared one way or another.

Upon hearing his name called Julius walked up to the stool. Taking a seat he waited for the sorting hat to be placed on his head. ‘I see no reason why I should break my family’s tradition… Slytherin is where I belong.’ He thought waiting for the verdict. The hat knew best or so some say. Whether he believed it that remained to be unseen.

With : First Years...

Attire : Plain School Robes

OCC : - - -

Personality
                                                  ■ MATURE Being the oldest I act older then I am. I had to for my siblings. Clearly my brother Caleb wasn't going to allow me to be any different. Growing up to be a perfect heir, helped with my maturity. I liked to be seen as the respectful young man my parents want me to be. Though I find sometimes people my own age don't get me. Some see my mannerisms as being a little cold hearted. I don't do anything without thinking it through. Most my age would just go headlong into things but not me. I think through what could or might happen well before hand.
                                                  ■ PATIENT I don't like rushing people. Sure people who take way to long can get annoying. However, I try to be at least a little understanding of others. I know not everyone can be like me and therefore not everyone understands me. Everyone's different, we all learn differently and we all act differently. I'm not about to let anyone get in my way but I'm not about to write them off.
                                                  ■ AMBITIOUS If there is one thing I want it's to become the family heir. Yes, I'm ambitious. I know what I want. I have plans for my future. Sure they align with my grandparents plans for the family but that doesn't matter. I'm willing to work for what I want in life and no one is getting in my way. I don't believe in being lazy. You need to put in effort to make things happen.
                                                  ■ ASSERTIVE Speaking of effort, I'm quick to make a decision and stick with it. Sometimes my decisions aren't always right but who's perfect? I'm confident and I'm not afraid to show it. If I have the answers I'm going to give them. I like giving my opinion and I prefer people listen to it. Despite sometimes being wrong, I'm not the type to admit it up front. I usually beat myself up over it well before I admit to it.
                                                  ■ RESERVED Despite being quick to give an opinion, I'm not quick to show my emotions. Emotions are a sign of weakness, at least that's what my father says. That's why my brothers are such a disappointment to them. Not that they'd ever admit it. As such I usually keep to myself. Keeping to myself protects me from breaking down my walls and showing my emotions. Not to mention if you avoid people you never have to admit when you're wrong.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Thinking: Go away nerves /With: Unknown /Wearing: Unsorted First Year

Lauretta Reddington heard her name being called up to be the next one sorted for the very first time and the last one of her family to go to Hogwarts. she didn't really care what house she to be sorted into. In her mind she was thinking this: My sister Amelia was a Slytherin and my mother was a Hufflepuff. Mr sorting hat you are the one to tell me what house is going to be the best for me so pick it already. Lauretta walked up to the stool and waited for the hat to sort her. "Sorting hat, I hear you can figure out the right house for someone." She asked the hat. "You can pick the best house for me to be in and belong in." Lauretta told the hat. Lauretta knew Hogwarts is going to be her fresh start in life after losing her parents the year before she came here. Lauretta knows being here will help her figure out what she wants in life and where it should head to after she graduates in about 6 or 7 years time.

People can describe me as
When Lauretta wants to be smart and when she feels like answering questions or if she is asked and she knows the answer to the question she will give the answer. Lauretta sees the world differently compared to her sister, Amelia, Lauretta is more open minded towards the world and she knows the world has different doors to open and those doors are waiting for her to open then to see what it has in store for her.
Lauretta has bubbly personality, she always try to smiles around people and tries to make them happy or make them laugh when they are sad.
She tries to make friends with everyone, as she knows it’s better to have friends than enemies. Growing up Lauretta’s father and mother use to tell her it was rude to judge a person from the outside, as it is better to get to know the person on the inside. From that day Lauretta has gotten to know people from the inside and not by the way they look.
Lauretta is grateful that her sister is around to help her through the tough times and to be their for her with the good times as well. Together the two make their sisterly bond stronger each day.
Lauretta has also been described as a bit of a book worm as she loves reading books.
She has also been taught to take pride in what she believes in and she can do anything that she has set her mind to. Lauretta has also been taught to respect her elders around her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:56 pm
User Image
House: Pending 1st Year Zane Valentine

It was his time. Sitting, Zane gave no facial expression. He wasn't sure if a trick or a mistake could happen. However, it was probably obvious from his ambition what house he would be. Slytherin seemed obvious but surprises weren't out of the question. Either way, his fate would come soon. Looking, less in anticipation, and more in boredom. He wanted to get the show on the road. Well what was it going to be from the hat? Red, Green? Heck. Hufflepuff? The claw of a raven? ....The answer was about to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Personality:

Pride Scarre takes pride in everything he does which can be his greatest strength and weakness. He doesn't accept defeat easily. And if his pride is bruised, it affects him greatly. Pride allows him to put greater amount of energy into things and allows an ability to push through situations. While at the same time pride causes him to get into situations and do things even when its obvious of the outcome. Ex:Trying fight someone out of his league.
Narcissist Scarre believes he is the best at everything and believes he can do anything he wants and better than anyone else can do. Even when he has no idea how to do it
Sardonic Mocking bird should be his spiritual animal. Or a parrot. If he is up to the task, or feel like annoying you, He will mock you in any way form. Oh your mother just died, more like she finally had the ability to get as far away from you. . You got a D in charms class? Well, that's like an A for you because you are only second rate.
Defiant Scarre is not keen to listening to others. Especially those he do not like. When it comes to rules, and duties. He's stubborn as a mule.
Protective Ironically enough, he protective of those he actually cares about. he would do anything for family.Or those that are with him.
Manipulative Do to his laziness, Scarre rarely likes to do anything of his own will. Instead, he rather make others do his work. He's very skilled at manipulating others and saying the right things to gain what he wants

Noble Negative J3T

9,775 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hjoyc14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:39 pm
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~First Year~Adopted

Dawn walked into to the Great Hall looking up at the floating candles above the students. This was so exciting ad she couldn't wait to be called. She stood in the heard of first years all waiting for their names to be called. Her mind began racing as she thought of the possibilities from the houses and what they could bring to her. Once they finally called her name she slolwy made her way up to the front and sat into the chair. Patiently she waited as they placed the Sorting Hat upon her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very fun loving girl who only wants peace in the world. I love to make people smile and laugh with my goofy attitude. If I meet you for the first time I make it my goal to at least make you smile, especially if you are grumpy. I also love to study a lot to, but I get a bit sidetracked at times when I see anything that looks fun. I guess you would say I am a bit ADHD at times, but I try to allow some time in the day to study hard. I am also a very gullible person, I mean you could tell me the word is written on the ceiling and I would stare up there for a minute before I realized it was a lie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~Oldest

Dex smiled as they all where moved into the Great Hall to be sorted into their houses. He was excited to see if he would be put into the Hufflepuff as both his parents where in. The small boy waited to be called upon as he watched all the other kids walking up and being placed. As soon as Dexter heard his name he walked up to the front sat down and immediately began to think of Hufflepuff. " I want to be like my mother and father," he said as the hat was placed on top of his head.

Loyal Dexter is a very loyal person who sticks by his friends and family at all times. If you need anything come to this boy and he will help.
Trustworthy Dexter can keep a secret and guard it with his life. You can always trust in him with your drama, thoughts, and love. If you have a secret crush you can tell him and he won't blubber it around to others.
Protective This boy will also protect you and your loved ones. You mess with one of his friends or family members, then you feel his wrath.
Brave Dexter is a brave soul who will take any risks for the good of others. If someone is in danger he will leap to rescue them with any consequences.
Sensitive As a young child he was teased a lot for this trait, but he is a very sensitive young man. He takes your emotions towards him and others to heart. If something sad happens in his life he will cry and if something amazing happens then he shows that he is happy.
Optimistic Dexter sees the good in all people and loves to see the positive aspects in life. You have to truly show him evil for him to not see a positive side to you.

Hjoyc14

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 pm
User Image

╔═══════════════════╗
Brianna Kaylie Overton
Unsorted - Eleven - First Year - Muggleborn
╚═══════════════════╝

At the sound of her name being called, Brianna nearly jumped up, half excited and half nervous. She hoped she'd be in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, the same houses her brothers were in although she knew that whether or not she was in their houses, she'd still have a whole lot of time to bug them and hang out with their friends.

Brianna is always up for an adventure and sports. Growing up with older twin brothers made her somewhat tomboyish. She never likes to see anyone upset and tries to be the ray of sunshine that her friends and family needs when they're feeling down. She enjoys learning but doesn't like reading or researching. She would much rather do hands on work. Brianna isn't usually mean even to those who are mean to her, but most people aren't mean to her. When others are being bullied, she sticks up for them if they can't stick up for themselves. She's usually very talkative to anyone and everyone, and will often be very open with those she just met. Although she enjoys when plans are made, Brianna is good at adapting to situations and going with the flow.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I've got a feeling you could use a little smile, hoping you could stay there for just a little while.
Makin' a lot of noise up there, throw your hands up in the air.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:30 pm
User Image
                                                  And you ask me what I want this year
                                                  And I try to make this kind and clear
                                                  Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                                                  Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                                                  And designer love and empty things
                                                  Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fιrѕт Yeαr || Uɴѕorтed || Hαlғвlood

════════════════════════

Ji stepped up to the Sorting Hat as soon as his name was called. He didn't know what he was expecting, but a talking hat wasn't it. Fiddling with his sleeves, he looked around the hall before taking a seat on the stool. He wondered where he was going to go but shoved it out of his head. Well, wherever he went, it couldn't be that bad, right?

Quote:
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Ji is a particularly friendly person, able to meet new people and converse easily. He doesn't mind friends, and often can be seen engaging with other people. He doesn't mind new people, and in fact tries to help them out as much as possible.
                                                  ■ OPTIMISTIC Ji is also optimistic, often believing in the best of people instead of the worst. He often thinks that even in the worst of times, some good can come, he just has to be patient. He is perpetually trying to find the silver lining in every occasion as a result of this.
                                                  ■ HELPFUL Ji tries to help out as much as he can, thinking that someone has to help. He would take the shirt off his back if he thought it would help someone, and doesn't shy away from dangerous situations as a result. He enjoys being the person someone can rely on when things go south.
                                                  ■ LOYAL Ji is also a very loyal individual. Whether it's his friends or family, he would follow them to the ends of the Earth to help them out. He would protect them as much as he can despite what it means for him, sometimes to his detriment. He will also stand up for them if necessary, which can lead to some potential problems for himself.
                                                  ■ POLITE Ji is very polite when the situation calls for it. He doesn't believe in insults or harming people, and often addresses the people older than him by their title. He is a pretty well-behaved individual as a result. This doesn't necessarily mean that he won't say something snarky, only that he has no wish to be disrespectful.
                                                  ■ CRAFTY Ji is also pretty crafty when the situation calls for it. He can think of things quite quickly, and find solutions to problems as they arise. He often is the one that can get out of tough situations as a result, and uses this to help his friends and family as much as he can.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, where am I going?
                                                  OOC:

I need someplace simple where we could live
                                                  And something only you can give
                                                  And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
                                                  And the one poor child who saved this world
                                                  And there's 10 million more who probably could
                                                  If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:49 pm
User Image
                                                  I've waited for a long time
                                                  Yeah the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger
                                                  I reason with my cigarette
                                                  Then say, "Your hair's on fire, you must've lost your wits, yeah?"

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ŦιƦ$† ψεαƦ || uπ$øƦ†εδ || hαlŦβløøδ

════════════════════════

Clarice stood and waited for the Sorting to start. She didn't see her uncle yet, but she did see Rick, and she smiled and waved up at him. Seeing his return wave, she settled back and waited for her name to be called. When it was, she smiled and gracefully settled herself down onto the stool and waited. 'This hat better put me where I should go,' she thought, looking at the other students. She didn't know, but she could easily go into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. After all, that's where her uncle and brothers ended up, so why not her?

Quote:
                                                  ■ INTELLIGENT Clarice is highly intelligent. She can figure out solutions quite easily, and enjoys mental challenges. She is also pretty studious, considering she wants to learn.
                                                  ■ SHY Clarice is also rather shy. She doesn't talk to very many people, and feels uncomfortable with engaging new people. She would rather have a small circle of close friends than a large one of virtual strangers.
                                                  ■ CONFIDENT Despite her shyness, Clarice is actually particularly confident in her abilities and decisions. She tends to get stubborn at times about what she can or cannot do, but that is due to her belief she can perform such tasks. She tends to get rather annoyed with people who tell her she can't more often than not as a result.
                                                  ■ QUIET Clarice is actually pretty quiet. She rather enjoys moments where she can get away to be alone, and even when she is around other people, she doesn't speak much. She would rather observe those people around her than jump into things.
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Clarice is actually quite friendly once you get past her shyness and quiet. It might seem a contradiction, but she actually does enjoy having people around when she wants them to be and becomes quite talkative and helpful in those situations.
                                                  ■ UNSTABLE Unfortunately Clarice suffers a fatal flaw when it comes to her mental state. While she is quite friendly and willing to help, there are times she cannot understand other people and their emotional states, and even has a hard time identifying her own feelings, leading to her doing things people find unacceptable. Despite her best efforts, she can't seem to understand why they get mad at her.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, Gryffindor or Ravenclaw...
                                                  OOC:

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
                                                  You better run, better run, outrun my gun
                                                  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
                                                  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Kungfudemoness
User Image
With: First years
Mood: Excited and nervous
Thinking: wow this is big!

They entered a room that Jillian initially thought was an open ceiling but realized it was more or less a magic sky light. She had a bit of difficulty seeing completely over people's shoulders seeing as she was a tad on the short side, but nothing standing on her tippy toes couldn't fix for the most part. She could see people went up and sit on a stool where a old yet kinda cool looking talking hat would yell out what she assumed was the names for each tables. From the poem the hat sang and how each table was acting she kinda classified the houses. There was the house of popular kids in red. The house of the dorks in yellow but they seemed like the fun dorks. House of the nerds was the ones in blue so she look to them for homework help. Then the last one was house of the loners and misfits. They all seemed ok houses. Luckily she figured out the process by the time her name was called, her last name starting with F had her near the beginning of the roll call. Hearing her name called out she slipped out of the group and up to the stool where she hopped up on it. 'Ok Mr Magic Hat do your thing. Not sure where I should be, but that's your job not mine.' She thought as the stuck the nearly oversized hat on her head with it covering her eyes and her nose holding it up.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm silly, mischievous, social, absent minded, short tempered, confident and stubborn. I goof around and do silly thing just for fun. I like to get my way, and tend to get miffed if I don't. I love to chat with people though sometimes they don't seem to want talk to me. I do daydream a lot and sometimes forget where I'm going and sometimes what I was doing. I like to play jokes on people, but only the kind where we both can laugh at it. Sometimes though people will say something that will make me mad, they usually meet my fist. I don't like being underestimated so I try and prove them wrong. People tend to not like it when I fight but I don't care what others think of me, I look out for myself and if they don't like me they can go away.

ooc: squeeee i been waiting months for this XD

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Looking for trouble, are we?
Such as useful skill.
Though looking may not be the best term, perhaps wandering?
Yes, someone so confident in their choices,
That makes me confident you'll do well in...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Kungfudemoness
User Image
User Image
With: First years
Mood: NERVOUS
Thinking: Hope I get the best house for me...

Entering the great hall Hikaru was momentarily distracted by the ceiling. He was so distracted that he jumped a little when his name was called. The teacher had a bit of difficulty with his name but nothing too major. He was use to his rather traditional name being screwed up. He made his way up to the hat stool nearly tripping on a step and hopped up onto the stool. Hopefully the sorting hat could see past all this nervousness so he could get sorted correctly. He didn’t have any pressure to be in any particular house he just wanted to go the the right one. ’Hopefully I’m not too nervous, but you can see past it right?’ He asked the hat unsure if it could hear him think.

SHY He is nervous when interacting with others unless they are as dorky as he is. He sometimes has foot in mouth syndrome. If things get too stressful he tends to shut down socially.

BOOKWORM He loves to read and can read for hours upon hours even on a subject that bores him. If the book is good he get lost completely in it. He had already read through all his school books before arriving out of boredom.

SMART He picks up on new things rather well. And even his weaker subject he usually knows how it supposed to work even if he can't quite get it right

CURIOUS He likes finding out new things, even if its information he shouldn't have yet. He tends to eavesdrop on conversations, though he could gather gossip he tends not too.

ATHLETIC He can work out a while longer than most his age before he gets worn out. He is decently coordinated and doesn't trip too often

COMPASSIONATE He hates hurting anything even a fly or spider. If he sees someone sad or hurt he wants to help even if he can’t.

IMPATIENT He has trouble waiting for things. He is more likely to choose a quicker route than safer route. He can be a impulsive at times

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Don't you worry one bit.
I can see past most everything.
You're quite the curious young man,
With a hunger for books to quell that desire.
Yes, you'll do quite well in...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:45 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGreat Hall
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxSorting Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωнєи ѕнє ωαѕ נ υ ѕ т α g ι я ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕнє є χ ρ є ¢ т є ∂ тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт fℓєω α ω α у fяσм нєя я є α ¢ н xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ѕнє яαи α ω α у ιи нєя ѕ ℓ є є ρ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceChrys wasn't at all surprised when the professor set out the stool and the hat, having already been told how the sorting worked by her parents. That was unusual, she knew, because most parents left their kids to wonder about it out of 'tradition' or something. She'd always thought that seemed cool, but also totally nerve-wracking. For her, it would've been fine, but she had a feeling that for her younger siblings, the stress would outweigh the anticipation. When her name was called, she walked up and sat down, quite primly, on the stool. The hat was placed on her head, and she try to clear her head. She felt like that might make it easier, perhaps. It was supposed to read her mind, and get a clear view of who she was as a person, and surely that was easiest if she didn't have a lot of clutter going on to distract it? She wanted to be sure that she got the correct, best house, after all. Not that she had any doubt she would; the hat was ancient, and it had been created by the founders. Surely it knew what it was doing. Besides, at the end of the day, she didn't really care which house she'd get. She doubted she was Slytherin or Ravenclaw material, but if the hat said otherwise, she'd believe it. Personally, she figured she'd be a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff, and it was an even split on which. She was fine with either. She actually thought her family might be surprised if she got Hufflepuff, since they tended to assume her brashness would make her a sure thing for Gryffindor. But either way, she didn't figure she'd be out of place.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕтιℓℓ ℓуιиg υ и ∂ є я и є α т н тнє ѕтσяму ѕ к ι є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx ѕнє ѕαι∂, σ н ι киσω тнє ѕ υ и ιѕ ѕєт тσ я ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx тнιѕ ¢ σ υ ℓ ∂ вє ραяα-ραяα-ρ α я α ∂ ι ѕ є

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          Personality is under spoiler~

TOMBOYISH
                                                              Chrys desperately wishes she'd been born a boy; she hates dresses, lace, frilly things, and any sort of pastime that is generally thought of to be 'for girls', such as tea parties and dress up. She has chopped off her own hair (rather haphazardly) on two separate occasions and constantly begs her parents to allow her to wear pants. She enjoys getting dirty and rough-housing, both of which are frowned upon.

OVERPROTECTIVE
                                                              She takes the role of eldest sibling very seriously; Chrys would do absolutely anything for her younger sister and brother. She would take the fall for them when they misbehave, fend off any bully who dared look at them funny. Though she is personally afraid of the dark, she braves it to make her way down the hall to her brother's room if she hears him crying in the night. When they were small, she was frequently found in her sister's bed in the morning, having woken up to find that Finny was plagued by a nightmare and promised to fend it off.

EXTRAVERTED
                                                              Chrys craves social interactions; when left alone for too long a time (typically more than thirty minutes), she becomes a bundle of nerves, desperately wishing for someone to talk to. It's like an itch she can't scratch, and it drives her up the walls. She needs constant companionship, something that is difficult to come by, given that she is home-schooled. Were she an only child, she's quite certain she'd have gone mad by now. As it is, she is constantly seeking out her younger siblings for interaction, something which she doesn't think either of them seems to mind over all. Being around other people leaves her energized rather than drained, and if she goes alone for too long, she wilts.

EXCITABLE
                                                              She gets very excited about just about everything, bad and good. She's known for reacting a bit to excitedly to any sort of good news, and for being exceptionally melodramatic in the face of bad. It's not uncommon for her to declare "This is the worst thing to ever happen ever!" over something extremely minor. She also frequently declares anything she likes even a little to be 'her favorite _____ ever', regardless of how many other things she has said to be such. There's no grey area with her; either it's the best or worst ever, no matter what.

IMPISH
                                                              Chrys is an adventurous child, and she likes to get up to mischeif. She's not one to shirk away from causing trouble, though she draws the line at doing anything that will hurt another person. Harmless fun, she calls it. Now, that's not to say that her schemes don't land people in awkward situations (she's quite fond of the good old fashioned 'bucket on a door', a classic as she calls it). But, barring unforseen circumstances, she never causes anyone pain. When it happens, she is obviously distraught. But, most of the time, things go smoothly, and she has a good laugh. She always tries to placate the victim, and help them see the humor in it, but if they don't get it, she generally chalks it up to them not having a sense of humor, and leaves them alone.

EMOTIONAL
                                                              Being exceptionally passionate, all of Chrys' emotions are always quite close to the surface. She doesn't hide her feelings well, if she even bothers to try. Generally speaking, she wears her heart on her sleeve. She's quick to lose her temper, and prone to very dramatic tears when upset. The benefit of this is that, when she has a negative emotion, she can typically cry or yell it out and move onto better things. She doesn't hold grudges well, unless she feels that she or someone she loves has been wronged on an incredibly deep level. She's quick to change moods if something happens to cause the shift, and exceptionally vocal about how she's feeling.

u s e r n a m e

Ah, a passionate protector with a penchant for trouble.
Better be...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
I thought of angels,
Choking on their halos-
Get them drunk on rose water;
See how dirty I can get them.
Pulling out their fragile teeth;
And clip their tiny wings!

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

unsorted │ first year │ halfblood

Treva would have been frustrated with Clarice's shyness and the inane 'oh, what house do you think we'll be in?' chatter of the other two first years she'd ridden the boat with, but getting to finally see the castle for herself had distracted her. That and trying to tempt the Giant Squid by trailing a hand through the dark, frigid water. She wasn't disappointed- you'd have been a complete moron to claim Hogwarts wasn't impressive or grand. They were led up to the castle itself by a very tall blonde woman, and barely paused in the massive antechamber before heading into the Great Hall. Treva stared up, gaping, at the starry ceiling and floating candles, before finding herself in line for the Sorting. She glanced around openly, not the least bit intimidated or nervous. She had a good idea of what house she'd end up in, and even if her family had cared one way or another (and she knew they would't), it still wouldn't have mattered much to her. It was her life, after all. She waited idly in line, picking at a hangnail, knowing she would be one of the last due to her W surname. When her turn finally came, she strolled up to the hat as if she were about to get her hair trimmed, and momentarily changed her hair into a very sloppy, haphazard bob to avoid having to deal with the hat versus her normally long hair. Fire away, she thought calmly.

OOC:
■ OBSERVANT Treva has always been quick to notice things. A kind person might call this 'an artist's eye'. A less kind person might aptly sum it up as 'paranoid'. Little escapes her notice, and even if she might not act like, Treva is usually very aware of her surroundings and what's going on around her. After all, it's hard to get away with something when you're not looking out for yourself. She sees much more than she necessarily lets on.
■ IMPETUOUS While Treva tends to think before she acts, it's never stopped her from doing something she probably shouldn't have. The issue probably lies more with her thought process, which tends to go along the lines of 'well, why not?'. Careful and cautious Treva is not. She does what she wants when she wants to, consequences be damned, and most of her decisions are very spur of the moment.
■ SELF-INDULGENT Above all, Treva will typically put herself first. This isn't exactly a bad thing, but don't expect her to be too concerned about your problems or needs and wants, unless she has some investment of her own in them. She has a bit of a 'me me me' mentality, and Treva's first concern is always Treva, and what's best for her, not what everyone else thinks is best for her.
■ VINDICTIVE If she feels wronged (and while Treva isn't overly sensitive she does enjoy having an excuse to be petty), she can be extremely resentful and unforgiving. Treva is not someone who likes to 'forgive and forget'; she'd much rather dedicate herself to attempting to make your sorry life just a bit more miserable, and enjoy herself quite a lot in the process of doing so.
■ CONNIVING 'Sly' would be a more delicate way of describing Treva's tendencies towards lying, cheating, stealing, etc. While not a burgeoning criminal master mind, Treva's morals tend to shift with the weather, and she's quite the one for plots and schemes, about half of which regularly fall through. Essentially, she's willing to do quite a lot to get what she wants, and honesty is not one of her strengths.
■ INSENSITIVE Treva, while not oblivious to the feelings of those around, does often just flat out ignore them. Has she offended or slighted you in some way, shape, or form? Tough luck. Getting Treva to actively care is usually a struggle, and when she does care, she's very bad at showing it. She's not inclined to be sympathetic or empathetic, and if you're looking for a shoulder to cry on, or better yet, someone to lean on... you should probably keep looking.

Quote:

Letting people down is my thing-
Baby, find yourself a new gig!
This town ain't big enough for two of us.
I don't have the right name;
Or the right looks...
But I have twice the heart.

Someone who likes to observe, who'd rather put herself first.
I would warn you to listen to your thoughts more,
And perhaps to forgive every now and again.
But if you're looking for the house to best suit you,
It'd better be...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:57 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image

Ⓤⓝⓢⓞⓡⓣⓔⓓ Ⓕⓘⓡⓢⓣ Ⓨⓔⓐⓡ

Dris had highly enjoyed spending the lake crossing with his brand new friend Chrys. Sure, she'd denied his help (and kinda told him she didn't need help), but he didn't mind. He'd used the cold lake water to wash his hands free of most of the paint staining his arms. He climbed out of the boat, struggling with himself if he should help Chrys.... He figured he'd offer only if it seemed she needed it. Luckily, she was pretty capable, so he was able to keep his fingers. Almost as soon as they got out of the boats a lady told them to follow her to their sorting. A giant grin broke his face and he hurried after her, only making sure Chrys was with him. When they stopped outside the hall, he frowned a bit, hearing just how loud it was going to be in the room. His eyes went wide when the door was open and he froze a bit, only moving because the crowd pushed him forward. His gaze darted around, missing all the things that the other kids were "oooh"ing and "aaah"ing over. Nervously, he bit his lip, using his hands to cover his eyes. The sounds were making flashes of all sorts of colors and patterns cloud his vision and he was afraid he might be sick. As best he could, the boy tried to ignore everyone around him until he heard his name call out. Only then did he move, and it was only to run clumsily to the front. He wiped his eyes and walked the final few steps to the stool before sitting down. All he could do was to hope for a quiet house to in which stay for the rest of his years.

Personality:
xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ: Above all, Dris prides himself on his creativity. Not only is he able to create works of art from something as simple as paint and paper, he's also learned to be a creative thinker when it comes to problem solving. He admires all works of creativity, and will always praise creative works.
xxxxxUɴɪǫᴜᴇ: Dris believes he is entirely unique. No one is quite like him, and that thought fuels him to continue to look, dress, and act like he likes, not minding that people think him different, because differences make the human race fun.
xxxxxLᴏᴠɪɴɢ: Dris is easy to love, but even more so, he loves everyone. He finds that everyone needs love, no matter who they appear to be. He loves making friends and keeping them, finding joy in all the little things. He loves life and does his best to make the world a bit better for everyone he loves.
xxxxxAᴛʜʟᴇᴛɪᴄ: When not painting, Dris can be found outside running and playing. He's always got energy to burn, and likes to channel it in useful ways. He loves playing quidditch with his dads, god-dad, aunt, and cousins, but more than that, he loves moving about and stretching his muscles, even if it's only for a while.
xxxxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ: Dris is super nice and loves making and keeping friends. It's always his goal to make people smile, though he can drop the truth if it's best for people to hear. He gets hurt quickly if people say things mean to them, but he always bounces back after talking to his friends.
xxxxxAᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ: No matter what you tell Dris, he'll accept it. He may not understand what is being shared - at least the weight of it - but he'll always lend an listening ear. He doesn't mind things that people consider "bad" most of the time, and his open-mindedness allows him to be even more accepting, even when things go outside his belief system.

Iɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴀɴ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ
Iɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ's ɴɪɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ɴɪɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴢᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ
Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ
Wнeɴ ιт'ѕ ɴιɴe ιɴ тнe αғтerɴooɴ

Such a creative mind!
So open to new ideas.
You'll find plenty of these in...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:02 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                I wanna be a billionaire so ******** bad
                                                Buy all of the things I never had
                                                Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
                                                Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darrell looked around the Great Hall, whistling low at the sight. Wow, he never thought he'd actually get there, but here he was. He wondered what house he'd be put into, but then shrugged. He literally had every house in his family, so it wasn't like he was going to be insulting someone to actually be in any of them. Taking a seat, he shuffled a bit before watching the brim of the hat descend. "Whelp, where are you gonna put me?"

Quote:
                                                ■ ACTIVE Darrell is pretty active. He enjoys having things to do, and doesn't like it when things get slow in his life. He'd much rather have a busy schedule than one that's empty, as he can't stand long silences and being bored.
                                                ■ INTELLIGENT Darrell is quite intelligent for someone his age. He is quick to think, and usually thinks through problems with relative ease. He also happens to be quite thoughtful of other people and tries to think through solutions for their problems if he is able to help.
                                                ■ BOLD Darrel is also bold. He has no problems expressing himself if he has to, and tends to move to his own beat. He also tends to be pretty spontaneous himself, often doing things that seem to be snap decisions instead of dithering around on what he should do.
                                                ■ FRIENDLY Darrell is a pretty friendly individual, ready to help people out if necessary and often with a smile and a cheerful attitude. He doesn't shy away from making new friends, and will often find ways to engage people to make them comfortable. Not necessarily a true people person, he does however make an attempt to understand other people.
                                                ■ CURIOUS Darrell is also quite curious. He can often be found trying to find out more about new situations and new ideas, often to the chagrin of his parents. He can easily spend hours studying things that catch his attention, and when something new comes up, he pays attention to it and try and figure them out as much as he can.
                                                ■ EXPRESSIVE Darrell is quite expressive, able to convey his thoughts and feelings through easily. He also has no problems with speaking when he needs to, as he finds that talking comes quite naturally to him. He also can express himself in other forms too, which at times comes across more music than anything else.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So where am I gonna go now?
                                                OOC:

Oh every time I close my eyes
                                                I see my name in shining lights, yeah
                                                A different city every night, oh I
                                                I swear the world better prepare
                                                For when I'm a billionaire

A curious mind in an active body.
Expressive, and not afraid to be different.
Yes, I know just what to do with you...

Gryffindor!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games