Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 pm
User Image

Catharine gave a comical shudder at the thought of talking to Claire about boys. Then gave a real shudder as she actually contemplated it, "Gah, I don't need my love life becoming a punchline or worst. Though perhaps we're being unfair to the girl. Even poltergeist can be amusing once in awhile.

Still, being truthful, I doubt I'll have any guys doing anything. In fact, I've read that O.W.Ls are so straining that some students had to be hospitalized. Not that I'm worried I'll join them. Though the work load from the classes might put me there,"
she said thinking about the O.W.Ls test guide she had read in passing. She shrugged, "I'll consider you offer when I decide to deem a boy worthy of being talked over in till, I fear we'll have to stick to your study obsession."
[{going to disappear for a bit.}]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:45 pm
User Image

E l e v e n . U n s o r t e d . F i r s t Y e a r ? ? ?
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Kara found herself eavesdropping once again on the group onboard the nearby boat. It seemed she had found herself yet another habit that needed breaking. She made a mental note to add that to the evergrowing list of things that simply wouldn't work while trying to make new friends.

Come on now, there's no need to listen in on strangers. If you want to have a conversation, you need to be a part of it! You don't wanna end up being one of those creepy people everyone always talks about, do you? No. No you do not.

Snapped out of her mental berating, Kara heard someone responding to her earlier outburst. She hadn't even realized those words were out loud. Shaking her head, she added that to the list. Thinking out loud. Check.

It sounds like that girl needs a break from the guys..maybe this is my chance to make a friend.

Kara first turned to the girl who addressed her. She knew it would be rude not to respond to her, and she was nice enough to actually talk to Kara first. Besides, the group on the other boat didn't even realize she existed.

"Yeah, sorry. I was uh..well I didn't realize I said that out loud." Kara felt herself blushing once again. "But you're right, we just have to wait and see. I'm Kara, by the way."

ooc:  

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:45 pm
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -It was nice watching them bicker, Kas decided. At the very least it was amusing and actually- - - sort of- - - made sense, unlike most arguments he had seen erupt with children his age. It would be a nice thing to get used to.

|| Okay, going back to sleep for real now. ||

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:01 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

Oh yeah... the people who can't keep up during OWL year.

"Oh, Claire has the potential for far worse, trust me," David said with a heavy sigh, before brightening.

"And I don't have a study obsession. And those kids who are hospitalized from stress are usually the ones who goof off in their beginning years at Hogwarts and are caught unprepared when they have to do all the studying for the OWLs," David answered with a smirk. "That is why I said it is better to focus on building your foundation than ridiculous things on who is cute or not."

He glanced over to Kas who seemed to be watching Catharine and his conversation with some amusement. Well, at least he was serving as the auburn haired boy's entertainment, and besides the conversation was lighthearted. It was refreshing to David not to have to worry about every little word or an argument brewing on the horizon.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:13 pm
╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
Maxine raised an eyebrow at the girl's blush. What was so embarrassing about it? Her question was soon answered by the girl explaining about how she didn't mean to say it. "Well, there's nothing you really need to apologize for, is there? You were simply stating that this is all just crazy, albeit it was unintentional," she admitted, giving a little nod. Then she simply shrugged, "It happens to everyone at one point or another."

"Maxine. Though you can call me Maxie, if you prefer. Either is fine with me." She was quiet for a moment before mentioning an earlier observation she had noticed about the girl. Quietly, she whispered, "If you want to talk to them, then go on and talk to them. They seem like nice blokes and I don't think they'll be rude to you or anything. Why not give it a shot?" Once the words had left her lips she noticed the castle. Even at their distance it was so beautiful, the most magnificent piece of architecture she had ever seen, including the ruins of Rome. It was everything she had imagined and more, so much more. It felt instantly as if she was returning home after a long vacation, which was absolutely ridiculous. "Have you ever seen something so lovely?"

▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Unsorted Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria turned to see who spoke to the group. It was some boy with brown hair named Jason. "We will be fine," she said, putting emphasis on the word "will". Why would anyone think they wouldn't? This was how first years always made their way to Hogwarts, and they still do which would mean that nothing seriously horrible happened to anybody. If something did happen, this method of transportation would have been deemed unsafe. The eleven year old looked back at the two students who were there before she was when the boy spoke up. Looks like I'm not the only Alex in my year, she thought though since this Alex was a boy, his full first name was probably different than hers. Tabitha, who was still quiet, was introduced by the boy. The look on her face showed that she was more nervous about this ride of the lake than Alex was. A small chuckle escaped Alexandria's mouth when Alex mentioned oars. "Boats don't need oars; we have magic," she said with a small scoff. You do know you're a wizard, right? she thought sarcastically.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:59 pm
User Image

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Kara considered what Maxie said, wondering if she should go to the other group instead. She wasn't sure how the other girl had known that she was originally planning on going over there, but she was also happy with her decision to stay. Maxie seemed nice, and there was so far no talk of "Playing the game", which Kara was fairly certain she didn't have any desire to be a part of. Besides, Kara was extremely happy to only have to talk to one person here to start. She had been somewhat shy back home, but being in a completely new world had taken that to a whole new level.

"Oh I'm sure they'd be nice people, but why go over there when there's a nice person right here, right," Kara asked, surprised that she spoke so easily. She hadn't felt comfortable speaking to someone since getting on that train. Now that she was feeling at ease, there was no way she would leave for another group. Not right now.

Looking up where Maxie was staring, Kara couldn't help but agree with her observation. Lovely was the perfect way to describe Hogwarts at night. The castle was lit up just right to give off the feeling of magic; to appear like absolutely anything could happen. Seeing the castle, the reflection off the surface of the lake, and all the surrounding land, Kara had no choice but to nod. "Lovely.." she managed to get out, still staring up at the stoneworked building, standing like something out of a fairy tale.

ooc:

JustLovesMusic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:09 pm
User Image

Catharine rolled her eyes, but her smiled didn't falter as she said, "You're worried about a test that won't come in 4 years, after this year. You haven't even faced final exams of your first year and your worried that idle gossip will distract you?

She shook her head in mock sadness. She gave Kas a mocking glance before turning back to David saying, "With how intense you are about the exams now, I fear you'd put yourself into the Hospital in your second year. Don't worry, mate. I'll try to cure you of this obsession."

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

I am not obsessed.

"Cure me of my obsession?" David said cocking a brow. "I'm not obsessed: I am merely well prepared. Besides I'm not worried about the OWLs, I am just being reasonably diligent considering my goals to get a perfect score in every subject."

"Besides I have my textbooks for every class this year already memorized. I think this years exams as long as I continue with my studies will be a cake walk," He said with a smirk.

"But, hypothetically speaking, if I was obsessed with studying how exactly do you plan to cure me Catharine?"

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 pm
User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua looked at the teacher, he assumed, eyes wide. She was asking him to join her on her boat, because there was no other way? He glanced at her, his annoyance growing. "Obviously there is another way to the castle, Miss....? How else are the older students arriving? You cannot expect me to believe there are absolutely no other methods of reaching the castle!" He crossed his arms over his chest, eyes narrowed again. He absolutely hated people thinking he was incapable of taking care of himself. He wasn't three anymore!

Vixen ViVi

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:30 pm
╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
It was so very hard to tear her eyes away from the view, but she managed it well. Maxie fixed her gaze in Kara's direction, beaming a smile at her. Maxine didn't consider herself very nice or anything like that, more blunt than anything, but it was still nice to hear. "That's very kind of you to say. I think I will come to like you, very much actually," the brunette replied. Perhaps it was a little too strongly said, but she wasn't one to mince words. It was true, too. She enjoyed the other girl's company and how sweet she was to Maxine. It was a definite change to the companionship of her siblings, a welcomed one.

She looked towards the castle again, however she wasn't nervous anymore. Okay, she wasn't as nervous, though she still felt uneasy, just not as much as she was before. At the very least she felt a new found confidence. It was strange seeing as the castle, in all its glory, should have made her feel more agitated, more uncertain, but it didn't. It reassured her. "It's really amazing, you know. The fact that we are allowed to go here," she explained, eying her hands and then Hogwarts in wonder. "It's absolutely exciting, brilliantly horrifying, and one of the most amazing things that I've ever got to do in my whole life. Being here...actually going here...it's just a dream come true." Then she turned to Kara, grinning from ear to ear. "I've studied up a bit about it. Not much really, just skimming, but a bit. It's kind of hard to wrap my head around it all."

▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Unsorted Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

Kara Duskat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:59 pm
User Image

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Finally managing to pull away from the gorgeous view, Kara looked back at Maxie. Noticing the other girl was smiling, Kara grinned back, perhaps a bit goofier than she had intended to. There was something nice about having someone to talk to in this place. It was a familiar feeling, which was exactly what Kara wanted most. Well...maybe second to learning how to practice magic. That was still a strange thought.

"I know, it really is. I still can't believe I'm meant to be here. I keep thinking a scary witch with a wart on her nose is going to come out and poof me back home!" Kara laughed, knowing that she was only kidding. Mostly anyways. "I mean...I just can't believe this is all really happening. I walked through a wall today to get on a magic train to a gorgeous castle to learn to be a witch! There's no way I'm actually awake. This has to be a dream about one of my parent's movies or something!"

Kara was thrilled that she wasn't the only one feeling the same way about the whole experience. It was a good indicator that she could actually survive this place. If there are others feeling like I do, then there have been before and they made it through. I know I can too.

"I wish I had read up on it, I just wanted to see it and feel it in person first. You know, just in case it really was just a dream."

ooc:
JustLovesMusic

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:10 pm
User Image

"Well..." she paused she hadn't really thought about what she'd do to cure obsessive study syndrome. Especially since it was a problem she had just created. Sighing, she said, "I'd... probably start with making sure that you only study for a certain amount of time. After which I'd have to drag you away and take you to do something. Explore the various corridors or play exploding snap or...

Have you explain Quidditch to me,"
she nodded her head serious. "I read about it, even had something recommended, but I just can't imagine the game. Then again I'm having trouble imagining brooms flying and I've the moving pictures."

It had been one of the many things that Catharine had trouble imagining. Reading about magical transportation had introduced a wild world of movement that she hadn't even imagined. In fact she couldn't imagine it. Floo Powder, Brooms, even flying carpets seemed a bit over the top for her. She didn't even try to imagine what Port key travel was like and Apparition, that had been a fun chapter to read through especially the section on all the errors that could and have occurred.

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:34 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Great explain quidditch, which I hate, sounds like a blast.

"Actually, I've never watched a Quidditch game myself," David admitted. His father wouldn't have allowed it, and to David it just sounded like a good way to uselessly injure oneself. He never had much interest in learning or in the future partaking in a sport that often resulted in broken bones. It seemed stupid to him, though, he had learned the rules figuring it would be useful for his dreaded flying lessons.

"Anyways I enjoy reading, I see nothing wrong with holing myself up in the library," he said with a smile. "Maybe I could try my hand at wizarding chess, I've only seen it played at my grandparents'. At home we play Muggle chess. The rules are the same just one is more... I suppose you could say action oriented."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Kimberly smiled as she stepped out of the boat to get closer to the boy, who was now talking to the blonde professor. The girls soft hands touch his face as she said in a calm smooth voice,"There is nothing to fear in these water though. The squid will not hurt you and the mermaids will be calm." Before she did anything else, her soft blue eyes looked into his grey blue eyes and smiled. Just like that the girl turned back around and hopped in the boat.

"Now come on silly before we miss the boats," she smiled and walked to the front were she sat down and grabbed the lantern. The girls fingers wrapped around the rind that connected to the box holding the flame. She was ready to make the journey and was happy that maybe, just maybe she made a friend.

======================
Location: The lake || Thoughts: Excited || Company: Joshua || Crush: Maybe Joshua
======================
Outfit

Miss Gryffindork

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games