Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:06 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
If you listen just right, you can almost hear it;
The symphony of secrecy, life, and fear...
The search for love, but finding fear-
Like a moth to the flame we become helpless,
To the beautiful ghost that true love sheds.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ first year │ unsorted

Lydia didn't say much after exiting the boats, partly because she was both awed and frightened by the castle, partly because she was relieved to be back on solid ground after crossing the menacing looking lake, and partly because she didn't really know what to say. She was leery of starting an argument, although Vavara appeared determined to be as neutral as possible and Jilly was keeping quiet as well, and she thought that at this point anything she said could likely be held against her. Liddie knew how gossip and rumors worked, and until she knew more about her classmates, she didn't want people getting any ideas about her. Dad had said that she needed to be a leader to her classmates, a good shepard, but Mum had always said it wasn't a woman's place to lead to begin with, and Lydia was more concerned with becoming an outcast. She kept to herself as a pretty, if very, very tall blonde teacher led them up to the school, and tried to not stare as they passed through an antechamber and into the enormous dining hall. Instantly she looked for her sister, but couldn't make her out in the sea of faces, and many heads were turned away as students muttered amongst themselves, the Sorting far from their first priority. When she looked up, she realized there appeared to be no ceiling at all, and wondered why the hall felt so warm. The floating candles disturbed her, and she kept her shoulders hunched and head bent in case of falling hot wax. It didn't take long to realize that the Sorting involved putting on a talking hat, and by the time her name was called Liddie had worked herself up so much that she could barely summon the strength to walk up to the hat. She cringed and screwed her eyes tightly shut as she felt it being placed on her head, and having no idea what she was supposed to do, simply prayed.

OOC:
Liddie is, to put it bluntly, a social creature. She enjoys the spotlight and social events, and loves making and keeping friends. Liddie just wants everyone around her to be happy and have fun. Is that so difficult? She's not interested in long winded philosophical conversations, or talking about the future or the past. Liddie lives firmly in the here and now, and thrives on the practical and the mundane. An altruist at heart, she believes in helping others and doing the right thing, and her moral compass is based on what she's been taught to be true. She is much more comfortable upholding pre-established traditions and rules than questioning or flouting them, and it's hard for her to understand that not everyone has been raised the way she has. Liddie is loyal and works hard, so long as she knows she is being appreciated; she thrives on praise and is very used to receiving it. She's extremely supportive of other people and can usually find something in common with everyone she meets. She hates hearing people argue, and is very sensitive to any tension in the air, which makes her all the more likely to try to keep the peace. Liddie also likes to keep things organized; she is a very neat person and loves to plan things ahead of time; she doesn't like surprises and is not one for spontaneous, wild ideas. Above all, Liddie enjoys feeling that she belongs, and will do whatever seems necessary to fit into a group; the idea of being a loner or outcast terrifies her. She has a strong sense of duty and what is expected of her, and would hate to disappoint anyone. Liddie is also a bit preoccupied with social status and what others think of her, and is extremely cautious of going against the grain or being viewed as anything other than normal. Not at ease with stepping out of her own comfort zone, Liddie can be overly critical of others in an attempt to feel better about herself, and her feelings are easily hurt when others poke at her own values and beliefs. Mostly she just wants to be noticed and told that she is worth something, which influences her actions quite a bit.

Quote:

We all are running our very own races,
Set upon the most dangerous of places.
We are left with a void in our chests we're aching to fill...
The doves come to gather our every need; they lift them up-
To Heaven through the mouths from which we speak.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Loyalty and sense of duty,
Those often go hand in hand.
You love the present, the practical, that which has purpose,
Yet you fear being invisible.
Worry not, for you'll be quite visible in...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Newsies Boy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anna Adair
Unsorted Hogwarts Student

Anna followed the first years into the Great hall. When the doors opened and she saw all the tables and the large hall, she couldn't help but stare when she walked in. The roof was a sky with floating candles. She felt this place was made for her. As the group stopped she heard about the sorting hat and the names being called. She waited patiently until her name was called. Her excitement dropped out of nowhere and she started to feel anxious as she realized she could end up being sorted into the one house she does not want to be in. She walked up to the chair and let the sorting hat get put on her head. She figured she will hide her nervous feelings and sit tall. 'Not Ravenclaw, please not Ravenclaw...'Anna thought to herself repeatedly as she waited to hear where she will be for the next 7 years. She hoped to follow her mum's footsteps in Slytherin.

People can describe me as very social. I like to talk to people whenever I can, though I may make them mad as I am not afraid to be honest. I can be very opinionated and a know-it-all. I am one to hold grudges, and I can get scary when you are on my bad side, so don't get on my bad side. I am not really into this "learning" stuff as anything a professor can teach me I can find in a book. I can contradict myself alot including from liking to talk to people to going to not want to be part of any crowd. I like to read out by any tree and stargaze at night. I am always ready for a fight but will not go out of my way to pick a fight. I am still trying to find myself. I am not one to care what people think of me.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Honesty is a good trait to have, though one might exercise caution.
I also think you'll find there's much to learn from things other than books,
Otherwise I might be a book myself!
As for you, you'd do well in...

Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
Julius Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Family Heir

Location : Great Hall - Sorting

Julius was hardly worried about his placement as he walked into the great hall. Looking around it looked oddly like his parents had described. Seeing the students dressed in their colors, he found himself looking to the green and silver table. That was where he wanted to be. He thought of his cousin how he was in Gryffindor. That wouldn’t be an issue here, he was sure. He glanced at his classmates and wondered where they would be placed. Not that he cared one way or another.

Upon hearing his name called Julius walked up to the stool. Taking a seat he waited for the sorting hat to be placed on his head. ‘I see no reason why I should break my family’s tradition… Slytherin is where I belong.’ He thought waiting for the verdict. The hat knew best or so some say. Whether he believed it that remained to be unseen.

With : First Years...

Attire : Plain School Robes

OCC : - - -

Personality
                                                  ■ MATURE Being the oldest I act older then I am. I had to for my siblings. Clearly my brother Caleb wasn't going to allow me to be any different. Growing up to be a perfect heir, helped with my maturity. I liked to be seen as the respectful young man my parents want me to be. Though I find sometimes people my own age don't get me. Some see my mannerisms as being a little cold hearted. I don't do anything without thinking it through. Most my age would just go headlong into things but not me. I think through what could or might happen well before hand.
                                                  ■ PATIENT I don't like rushing people. Sure people who take way to long can get annoying. However, I try to be at least a little understanding of others. I know not everyone can be like me and therefore not everyone understands me. Everyone's different, we all learn differently and we all act differently. I'm not about to let anyone get in my way but I'm not about to write them off.
                                                  ■ AMBITIOUS If there is one thing I want it's to become the family heir. Yes, I'm ambitious. I know what I want. I have plans for my future. Sure they align with my grandparents plans for the family but that doesn't matter. I'm willing to work for what I want in life and no one is getting in my way. I don't believe in being lazy. You need to put in effort to make things happen.
                                                  ■ ASSERTIVE Speaking of effort, I'm quick to make a decision and stick with it. Sometimes my decisions aren't always right but who's perfect? I'm confident and I'm not afraid to show it. If I have the answers I'm going to give them. I like giving my opinion and I prefer people listen to it. Despite sometimes being wrong, I'm not the type to admit it up front. I usually beat myself up over it well before I admit to it.
                                                  ■ RESERVED Despite being quick to give an opinion, I'm not quick to show my emotions. Emotions are a sign of weakness, at least that's what my father says. That's why my brothers are such a disappointment to them. Not that they'd ever admit it. As such I usually keep to myself. Keeping to myself protects me from breaking down my walls and showing my emotions. Not to mention if you avoid people you never have to admit when you're wrong.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat barely touched the student's head before shouting out...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:25 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

JasmineKiwiFire

Put Name here

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Thinking: Go away nerves /With: Unknown /Wearing: Unsorted First Year

Lauretta Reddington heard her name being called up to be the next one sorted for the very first time and the last one of her family to go to Hogwarts. she didn't really care what house she to be sorted into. In her mind she was thinking this: My sister Amelia was a Slytherin and my mother was a Hufflepuff. Mr sorting hat you are the one to tell me what house is going to be the best for me so pick it already. Lauretta walked up to the stool and waited for the hat to sort her. "Sorting hat, I hear you can figure out the right house for someone." She asked the hat. "You can pick the best house for me to be in and belong in." Lauretta told the hat. Lauretta knew Hogwarts is going to be her fresh start in life after losing her parents the year before she came here. Lauretta knows being here will help her figure out what she wants in life and where it should head to after she graduates in about 6 or 7 years time.

People can describe me as
When Lauretta wants to be smart and when she feels like answering questions or if she is asked and she knows the answer to the question she will give the answer. Lauretta sees the world differently compared to her sister, Amelia, Lauretta is more open minded towards the world and she knows the world has different doors to open and those doors are waiting for her to open then to see what it has in store for her.
Lauretta has bubbly personality, she always try to smiles around people and tries to make them happy or make them laugh when they are sad.
She tries to make friends with everyone, as she knows it’s better to have friends than enemies. Growing up Lauretta’s father and mother use to tell her it was rude to judge a person from the outside, as it is better to get to know the person on the inside. From that day Lauretta has gotten to know people from the inside and not by the way they look.
Lauretta is grateful that her sister is around to help her through the tough times and to be their for her with the good times as well. Together the two make their sisterly bond stronger each day.
Lauretta has also been described as a bit of a book worm as she loves reading books.
She has also been taught to take pride in what she believes in and she can do anything that she has set her mind to. Lauretta has also been taught to respect her elders around her.

A bright mind and a brighter smile.
Better be...

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:31 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Negative J3T
User Image
House: Pending 1st Year Zane Valentine

It was his time. Sitting, Zane gave no facial expression. He wasn't sure if a trick or a mistake could happen. However, it was probably obvious from his ambition what house he would be. Slytherin seemed obvious but surprises weren't out of the question. Either way, his fate would come soon. Looking, less in anticipation, and more in boredom. He wanted to get the show on the road. Well what was it going to be from the hat? Red, Green? Heck. Hufflepuff? The claw of a raven? ....The answer was about to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Personality:

Pride Scarre takes pride in everything he does which can be his greatest strength and weakness. He doesn't accept defeat easily. And if his pride is bruised, it affects him greatly. Pride allows him to put greater amount of energy into things and allows an ability to push through situations. While at the same time pride causes him to get into situations and do things even when its obvious of the outcome. Ex:Trying fight someone out of his league.
Narcissist Scarre believes he is the best at everything and believes he can do anything he wants and better than anyone else can do. Even when he has no idea how to do it
Sardonic Mocking bird should be his spiritual animal. Or a parrot. If he is up to the task, or feel like annoying you, He will mock you in any way form. Oh your mother just died, more like she finally had the ability to get as far away from you. . You got a D in charms class? Well, that's like an A for you because you are only second rate.
Defiant Scarre is not keen to listening to others. Especially those he do not like. When it comes to rules, and duties. He's stubborn as a mule.
Protective Ironically enough, he protective of those he actually cares about. he would do anything for family.Or those that are with him.
Manipulative Do to his laziness, Scarre rarely likes to do anything of his own will. Instead, he rather make others do his work. He's very skilled at manipulating others and saying the right things to gain what he wants

A prideful young man who listens mostly to himself.
A dangerous task, but no so when you get others to do your work for you.
You'll do just fine in...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:38 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hjoyc14
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~First Year~Adopted

Dawn walked into to the Great Hall looking up at the floating candles above the students. This was so exciting ad she couldn't wait to be called. She stood in the heard of first years all waiting for their names to be called. Her mind began racing as she thought of the possibilities from the houses and what they could bring to her. Once they finally called her name she slolwy made her way up to the front and sat into the chair. Patiently she waited as they placed the Sorting Hat upon her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very fun loving girl who only wants peace in the world. I love to make people smile and laugh with my goofy attitude. If I meet you for the first time I make it my goal to at least make you smile, especially if you are grumpy. I also love to study a lot to, but I get a bit sidetracked at times when I see anything that looks fun. I guess you would say I am a bit ADHD at times, but I try to allow some time in the day to study hard. I am also a very gullible person, I mean you could tell me the word is written on the ceiling and I would stare up there for a minute before I realized it was a lie.

Someone who loves life and wants peace in the world!
Just be careful not to believe everything you see or hear.
But my decision, is something you can definitely believe!

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hjoyc14
User Image
User Image
Unsorted~Oldest

Dex smiled as they all where moved into the Great Hall to be sorted into their houses. He was excited to see if he would be put into the Hufflepuff as both his parents where in. The small boy waited to be called upon as he watched all the other kids walking up and being placed. As soon as Dexter heard his name he walked up to the front sat down and immediately began to think of Hufflepuff. " I want to be like my mother and father," he said as the hat was placed on top of his head.

Loyal Dexter is a very loyal person who sticks by his friends and family at all times. If you need anything come to this boy and he will help.
Trustworthy Dexter can keep a secret and guard it with his life. You can always trust in him with your drama, thoughts, and love. If you have a secret crush you can tell him and he won't blubber it around to others.
Protective This boy will also protect you and your loved ones. You mess with one of his friends or family members, then you feel his wrath.
Brave Dexter is a brave soul who will take any risks for the good of others. If someone is in danger he will leap to rescue them with any consequences.
Sensitive As a young child he was teased a lot for this trait, but he is a very sensitive young man. He takes your emotions towards him and others to heart. If something sad happens in his life he will cry and if something amazing happens then he shows that he is happy.
Optimistic Dexter sees the good in all people and loves to see the positive aspects in life. You have to truly show him evil for him to not see a positive side to you.

Such a light soul,
Ready to stand up for others, looking on the bright side of things.
You'll do well in...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:45 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Gryffindor!

kiska166
User Image

╔═══════════════════╗
Brianna Kaylie Overton
Unsorted - Eleven - First Year - Muggleborn
╚═══════════════════╝

At the sound of her name being called, Brianna nearly jumped up, half excited and half nervous. She hoped she'd be in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, the same houses her brothers were in although she knew that whether or not she was in their houses, she'd still have a whole lot of time to bug them and hang out with their friends.

Brianna is always up for an adventure and sports. Growing up with older twin brothers made her somewhat tomboyish. She never likes to see anyone upset and tries to be the ray of sunshine that her friends and family needs when they're feeling down. She enjoys learning but doesn't like reading or researching. She would much rather do hands on work. Brianna isn't usually mean even to those who are mean to her, but most people aren't mean to her. When others are being bullied, she sticks up for them if they can't stick up for themselves. She's usually very talkative to anyone and everyone, and will often be very open with those she just met. Although she enjoys when plans are made, Brianna is good at adapting to situations and going with the flow.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I've got a feeling you could use a little smile, hoping you could stay there for just a little while.
Makin' a lot of noise up there, throw your hands up in the air.

You could be a knight with your attitude!
Standing up for others,
So go, shine your light in...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  And you ask me what I want this year
                                                  And I try to make this kind and clear
                                                  Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                                                  Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                                                  And designer love and empty things
                                                  Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fιrѕт Yeαr || Uɴѕorтed || Hαlғвlood

════════════════════════

Ji stepped up to the Sorting Hat as soon as his name was called. He didn't know what he was expecting, but a talking hat wasn't it. Fiddling with his sleeves, he looked around the hall before taking a seat on the stool. He wondered where he was going to go but shoved it out of his head. Well, wherever he went, it couldn't be that bad, right?

Quote:
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Ji is a particularly friendly person, able to meet new people and converse easily. He doesn't mind friends, and often can be seen engaging with other people. He doesn't mind new people, and in fact tries to help them out as much as possible.
                                                  ■ OPTIMISTIC Ji is also optimistic, often believing in the best of people instead of the worst. He often thinks that even in the worst of times, some good can come, he just has to be patient. He is perpetually trying to find the silver lining in every occasion as a result of this.
                                                  ■ HELPFUL Ji tries to help out as much as he can, thinking that someone has to help. He would take the shirt off his back if he thought it would help someone, and doesn't shy away from dangerous situations as a result. He enjoys being the person someone can rely on when things go south.
                                                  ■ LOYAL Ji is also a very loyal individual. Whether it's his friends or family, he would follow them to the ends of the Earth to help them out. He would protect them as much as he can despite what it means for him, sometimes to his detriment. He will also stand up for them if necessary, which can lead to some potential problems for himself.
                                                  ■ POLITE Ji is very polite when the situation calls for it. He doesn't believe in insults or harming people, and often addresses the people older than him by their title. He is a pretty well-behaved individual as a result. This doesn't necessarily mean that he won't say something snarky, only that he has no wish to be disrespectful.
                                                  ■ CRAFTY Ji is also pretty crafty when the situation calls for it. He can think of things quite quickly, and find solutions to problems as they arise. He often is the one that can get out of tough situations as a result, and uses this to help his friends and family as much as he can.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, where am I going?
                                                  OOC:

I need someplace simple where we could live
                                                  And something only you can give
                                                  And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
                                                  And the one poor child who saved this world
                                                  And there's 10 million more who probably could
                                                  If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

A helping hand, a friendly face,
A creative mind, a loyal attitude.
You'll do well in...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:51 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  I've waited for a long time
                                                  Yeah the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger
                                                  I reason with my cigarette
                                                  Then say, "Your hair's on fire, you must've lost your wits, yeah?"

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ŦιƦ$† ψεαƦ || uπ$øƦ†εδ || hαlŦβløøδ

════════════════════════

Clarice stood and waited for the Sorting to start. She didn't see her uncle yet, but she did see Rick, and she smiled and waved up at him. Seeing his return wave, she settled back and waited for her name to be called. When it was, she smiled and gracefully settled herself down onto the stool and waited. 'This hat better put me where I should go,' she thought, looking at the other students. She didn't know, but she could easily go into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. After all, that's where her uncle and brothers ended up, so why not her?

Quote:
                                                  ■ INTELLIGENT Clarice is highly intelligent. She can figure out solutions quite easily, and enjoys mental challenges. She is also pretty studious, considering she wants to learn.
                                                  ■ SHY Clarice is also rather shy. She doesn't talk to very many people, and feels uncomfortable with engaging new people. She would rather have a small circle of close friends than a large one of virtual strangers.
                                                  ■ CONFIDENT Despite her shyness, Clarice is actually particularly confident in her abilities and decisions. She tends to get stubborn at times about what she can or cannot do, but that is due to her belief she can perform such tasks. She tends to get rather annoyed with people who tell her she can't more often than not as a result.
                                                  ■ QUIET Clarice is actually pretty quiet. She rather enjoys moments where she can get away to be alone, and even when she is around other people, she doesn't speak much. She would rather observe those people around her than jump into things.
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Clarice is actually quite friendly once you get past her shyness and quiet. It might seem a contradiction, but she actually does enjoy having people around when she wants them to be and becomes quite talkative and helpful in those situations.
                                                  ■ UNSTABLE Unfortunately Clarice suffers a fatal flaw when it comes to her mental state. While she is quite friendly and willing to help, there are times she cannot understand other people and their emotional states, and even has a hard time identifying her own feelings, leading to her doing things people find unacceptable. Despite her best efforts, she can't seem to understand why they get mad at her.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, Gryffindor or Ravenclaw...
                                                  OOC:

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
                                                  You better run, better run, outrun my gun
                                                  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
                                                  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

Ah, shy confidence! What a riddle!
But it's something you've figured out,
Along with almost every challenge given to you.
Now there's the riddle of where to put you...
Ah, I know...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

DianaPrince01

Sparkly Explorer

3,725 Points
  • I Voted! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:08 am
User Image
Oswin Fraser|First Year|Half-Blood
Oswin had been tapping a beat against her skirt since she stepped off the train. She was nervous and the tapping kept her focused. What if she ended up in the wrong house, what if her housemates didn't like her. What if her mother and grandmother were disappointed. She jumped a little when her name was called. It echoed through the room and she stopped tapping instantly. She looked around her at the other first years waiting to be sorted and then slowly walked up to the Sorting hat and sat down. She closed her eyes and waited.

Quote:
Oswin Fraser
First year-unsorted
People can describe me as a quiet person. I'm generally found with my nose in a book either reading stories or learning new things. I was always asking questions as a kid and trying to figure out what things were and how they worked. I don't mind making friends and talking with others though if prompted or approached. I'm not one for purposely putting myself in situations where I could get in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:25 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

Unsorted || First Year || Mood: Troubled || Thinking: I did it again...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vavara watched the the line of students standing to be sorted among the four houses. Each student had a look of worry in their eyes, as if they were being led toward their death. It made her feel slightly more at ease, the aspiring witch just silently watching as her friends were sorted to their respective houses. Eventually it came to be her time with the hat as she walked forward with a neutral expression. Her mind was busy worrying about Lydia to be honest. The little talking fashion accessory would come and go, but Lydia could come back later and bit her in the a**. As the old hat was placed upon her head, she looked towards the people in front of her and wondered when she would be sorted. All these introductory preparations for the school year were beginning to get rather tiresome. She needed food, rest, and maybe a book or two.

Personality:
STUDIOUS
→ Vavara values her academics just as seriously as her family treats their heritage. Since a young age, many family members can recall her rather quiet nature, preferring a good book and some snacks to a relaxing day of going outside. She takes pride in her work, sometimes too seriously as she wants to get the absolute best score a person can get on a piece of work. The child can always be seen with books and notes in her hand, her mind remaining on the task at hand.

AMBITIOUS
→ Like most of the future generation of her family, the young pureblood remains confident in the abilities of herself and her allies. She is optimistic about her future, but sometimes becomes somewhat uneasy when her current path does not go as she had planned.

COURTEOUS
→ Vavara is polite, a trait that seems to be pretty rare in her bloodline. She treats every person she encounters with great respect, unless given a reason to not to do so. She can be seen as being quite mature for her age this way, yet more childish in others.

CURIOUS
→ Vavara is a very curious aspiring wizard. Be it a new lesson in a class or discovering a new magical creature, she views it as one of life's joys to discover something that passed a person's interest previously.

LOYALITY
→ A trait that runs deep within the Valentine blood, they value staying true to one's allies over almost everything. Without one's word, their actions and voice are meaningless. Varya embodies this belief, refusing to betray her allies or friends, even in desperate circumstances.

ARROGANT
→ While one of Vavara's lesser shown traits, there are times when she can become a tad egocentric, placing her status and ideals above everyone else. She does this only for the betterment of her friends and family, having good intentions, but a bad mindset.

Quote:

Quote:

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

HERMESBlRD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:51 pm
Jack Walker-Muggle Born-First Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jack eyed a semi-transparent man floating off to the side of the group of students he was standing with. The man slowly started moving through a table startling some of the students who had staring openly with slack jaws. Jack forced himself to look away from the seemingly human soul and instead turned to peer over the heads of the children in front of him. The great hall was elaborate with gothic ancient looking windows. Long wooden tables already filled with chattering students stretched across the hall. A snicker from his left pulled his attention away from the elaborate hall. Two boys stood beside him with their backs straight and heads bent towards each other as they eyed the gawking students with cocky smirks on their faces. Wizard born most likely. Jack glanced up, eyes going glassy as he took in the floating candles and a moving mural of the sky over their heads. A hush fell over the hall. Jack looked up to see a woman lifting up a hat. Jack stared. A hat?

Jack tends to be constantly tired, most likely a result of being generally bad at sleeping. He can be funny in his own sarcastic and quirky way. He takes pride in not throwing thing out if they “still work” so the majority of the things he owns are ridiculously worn out even though he is not badly off. He tends to easily adapt to any situation and has no problem with twisting the rules to get what he wants. He tends to be wary of people who seem too nice, but he respects kindness and honesty despite not valuing it himself. He holds personal gain and the achievement of greatness above all else and is willing to resort to anything to get what he wants.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 pm
User Image
User Image
Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Uηѕσятє∂

Marcello stood in line with the other students, anxiously waiting for his turn to be sorted. He didn't know which house he would be sorted into. Other children, he figured, had at least some idea, whether it be based on family heritage or just a guess. His family hadn't gone to school here, he reminded himself. As for his guess, he wasn't sure. Definitely not Slytherin, since he wasn't cunning or very ambitious. Not Gryffindor either. He wasn't the bravest out there, nor was he very proud. He figured that, logically, he would be placed in Ravenclaw, however, he wasn't too keen on being labeled as "one of those smart kids," because he didn't like to see himself as that. Maybe Hufflepuff then? But, what even was a Hufflepuff? Loyal and just? Sure, he could be that sometimes. Marcel sighed. 'Non lo so ... Credo che non è proprio da me, però, è vero?' he thought as he stepped forward in line. Soon, it was his turn. His name was called out, and he swallowed hard, stepping up to the stool and taking a seat. The boy gazed out at the students staring up at him, awaiting his house decision. Feeling the hat placed upon his head, Marcello closed his eyes. 'You know best, hat, so place me in whichever house you think is best...'

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ■ BRIGHT Marcello has always been a smart boy. He was quick to learn in school, finding it easy to excel above his peers. However, he chose to stay around the same level as his classmates academic-wise. He is also fairly clever, enjoying puzzles and problem-solving.
                                                          ■ CHARISMATIC Marcello loves talking to people. Some say he's quite the charmer, able to talk his way into and out of anything. He's a people person, for sure, so making friends has always come easy to him.
                                                          ■ SELF-CONSCIOUS Marcello has always been a bit self-conscious about himself, mostly his intelligence. He knows he is good at schoolwork, and his test scores will show it, but in a classroom setting surrounded by his peers, he will choose to dumb himself down. It is a problem he will have to grow out of in the future, but he doesn't know how.
                                                          ■ OPEN-MINDED Marcello has always been open to new ideas and ways of thinking. He's a problem solver, so if he can figure out a different way of solving a problem, he'll try it. He is willing to change for someone else if he ever had to. He also tries his best to stay neutral in arguments between his friends or family.
                                                          ■ ATHLETIC Marcello is always moving. He loves to run and play sports. When he's not inside doing his schoolwork, he's outside doing something.
                                                          ■ OPTIMISTIC Marcello has an unusually positive outlook on life. He will do his best to find the happier side of everything. He's even convinced that his divorced parents will get back together one day, like in a fairytale.

I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies like a tiger defying the laws of gravity.
                                                      I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva. I'm gonna go go go! There's no stopping me!
                                                      I'm burning through the sky, yeah! Two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit.
                                                      I'm traveling at the speed of light. I wanna make a supersonic man out of you! Don't stop me now!

x x

OOC: 'I don't know... I guess it's not really up to me though, is it?'

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games