Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 am

Gawd, they didnt even get the flag right.
I should have kicked their ******** asses.
curse me and my gentlemanly inability to beat up members of the opposite sex!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 am

You're kidding! They couldn't I'd the British Jack! lol lol lol lol

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:49 am

stellarmagic

nope.
Who uses a red cross on a white field?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:58 am

stellarmagic
Well... lets see, among the British Literature I like...

Shakespeare, Dickens, H.G. Wells, Jules Vern (I think he's british), Arthur C. Clark, and J.R.R. Tolkien.

Those aren't necessarily the highlights, its just those are the ones I really enjoy reading. cool

I like British writers more than American ones, for the most part. Most of my favorite authors are British. Like Douglas Adams. biggrin

Count of Moogi Cristo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:01 am

Cale Darksun
stellarmagic

nope.
Who uses a red cross on a white field?

well damn.
Looks like they did get something right...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_England.svg
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:06 am

Moogi
stellarmagic

Shakespeare, Dickens, H.G. Wells, Jules Vern (I think he's british), Arthur C. Clark, and J.R.R. Tolkien.

Those aren't necessarily the highlights, its just those are the ones I really enjoy reading. cool

I like British writers more than American ones, for the most part. Most of my favorite authors are British. Like Douglas Adams. biggrin

Douglas Adams is love.

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:07 am

Short of the Bronte Sisters, Britain's got definately a better set of complex writers.

I love Russia to death, but their literature has never exactly been one of desire...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:10 am

As far as british authors go, I do enjoy Karen Traviss' work.
Yeah my tastes arent exactly anything to write home about... sweatdrop

Sol Walker
Crew

Count of Moogi Cristo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:13 am

Celestia Whitesword
Moogi
stellarmagic

Douglas Adams is love.

That he is. I've been (belatetedly, it should be said) mouring his passing, despite the fact that he's been dead for five years now. I plan to hold a seance and have his spirit possess somebody so he can write a sixth Hitchhiker novel. Mostly Harmless' ending was kind of sad, so the series should end on a lighter note.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 am

And, if I'm not mistaken, Britain is also home of Def Leppard, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

Plus, I consider the passing of Mr. Adams as a tragedy. ;__; R.I.P.

I hear that they found a manuscript that Adams was working on before he died, and they released it as a book called the Salmon of Doubt.

AFK Masturbating

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:21 am

I have that... There's very little that was actually finished in the Salmon of Doubt. It seems that Douglas Adams was thinking about combining the Dirk Gently series with Hitchhiker's.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:25 am

Wanker.
rofl

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:32 am

Soon as FP lifts the suspension I'll post my grievances
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:45 am

Cale Darksun
Wanker.
rofl

That's a right funny word, eh what? xd

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:18 am

Celestia Whitesword
And, if I'm not mistaken, Britain is also home of Def Leppard, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

Plus, I consider the passing of Mr. Adams as a tragedy. ;__; R.I.P.

I hear that they found a manuscript that Adams was working on before he died, and they released it as a book called the Salmon of Doubt.

Don't forget Black Sabbath, the Pogues are from Britain as well (despite being an Irish band, huzzah for the minority population!) I'm surprised no one has mentioned C.S. Lewis, that man has some amazing work such as The "Space Trilogy," "Mere Christianity," and "The Screwtape Letters" (my favorite work of his), then there is of course "The Chronicles of Narnia." And I am huge Tolkein and Shakespeare fan as well.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games