Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm
Ice Queen
For Scarentines, what about approved citizens? Can we bring them in if we want? Austin's an approved citizen, but he's not a quest (he's Roch's 36yr old dad, clearly I'm not going to quest him... ever.)

I don't see why not having citizens around, just remember 1 character can oocly pick up prizes!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm
Random Artist
For hunters, when they receive their new outfits, is it outfits that were icly selected/customized by them or does someone in deus staff decide how everyone should looook by taking their abilities/weapon into account?

BASICALLY WHO DECIDES THE OUTFITS <3 O_O

It depends what...they..buy... otherwise they just use communal resources pooled in from Whatever Is Left On Deus and Some of What They Packed Prior To Trip  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm
poke mattix
Are Aliens allowed in the TiH setting so long as they're scary?

Aliens from space? D: No....... it would have to be adapted to the setting. They can LOOK like an alien (the creature from the movie) but you're going to find a Very Good Reason in Halloween settings as to why it exists. For example, a parasitic monster, a boggart, etc etc. A character having influences from different settings (ie: alien-looking weapons or w/e) is fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 pm
Alicia Firestar
Dumb question, how does the CNY event work? Can we find envelopes in any PRP so long as we RP out the results or do we make a separate PRP just for finding envelopes? Also, is there a prompt or do we just make a post at any time? I'm little fuzzy on how the event is being run.

For obvious reasons, you cant do these in GM ORPs, Classrooms, Event threads. You or your partner has to be the one to make the RP thread, and if you don't RP out results of your roll or try to make an effort you won't get the totems.
Basically start an RP like you normally would, (doesn't even have to be CNY related), RP finding the envelope and the results of the roll. Once the RP is completed, (800 words min), and you have RP'd a status effect, (coin win or not), you may drop off the RP to earn a coin. If you rolled a coin win that's an extra +1 coin to redeem for a totem.

The prompt itself... is the fact that there are literally red envelopes scattered everywhere around the school. Like the 'main' prompt people can use is the scene of Uncle's arrival. But the standing prompt is that envelopes are scattered everywhere.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Alicia Firestar
Dumb question, how does the CNY event work? Can we find envelopes in any PRP so long as we RP out the results or do we make a separate PRP just for finding envelopes? Also, is there a prompt or do we just make a post at any time? I'm little fuzzy on how the event is being run.

For obvious reasons, you cant do these in GM ORPs, Classrooms, Event threads. You or your partner has to be the one to make the RP thread, and if you don't RP out results of your roll or try to make an effort you won't get the totems.
Basically start an RP like you normally would, (doesn't even have to be CNY related), RP finding the envelope and the results of the roll. Once the RP is completed, (800 words min), and you have RP'd a status effect, (coin win or not), you may drop off the RP to earn a coin. If you rolled a coin win that's an extra +1 coin to redeem for a totem.

The prompt itself... is the fact that there are literally red envelopes scattered everywhere around the school. Like the 'main' prompt people can use is the scene of Uncle's arrival. But the standing prompt is that envelopes are scattered everywhere.

Okay cool. I was in the middle of an RP in the dorms and was wondering if we could just find an envelope since we were there. I wasn't sure if it had to be a standalone that was labeled as a red envelope thread and have that as the main RP or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm
Yay out of class and not having to split my attention more questions!!!

For anything that doesn't have a core in Halloween - minipets, plants, objects, artifacts, locations, etc - is there some other less complex system that organizes them into what they are, what they do, etc?

As an example situation - feed a minipet an inkjar, and it changes into another color. How does the inkjar affect the minipet?

Is everything in Halloween, at its core (or lack thereof) essentially an idea?  

Molten Tigrex
Crew

Shameless Hunter

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:39 pm
they're like minipets before they become minipets, half formed ambient FEAR that's drawn toward more FEAR. They're mindless and easily dispersed (1hp is usually all they have) There's also some actual tiher shadows in there, that they've lost for one reason or another (there is no shared conscious/mind/senses between shadow and tiher tho so dont even think about it)

Everything is essentially FEAR. Items like inkjars are the product of tihers manipulating their environment (which is made of fear) using science and magic. Most of the environment is unfocused fear collecting and taking shape, that focused spark of an idea is the core of tihers and unique to them alone.

Ex:
How do houses be houses?
- TiHers may cut some some tress and build that s**t hurrary!
- Vague uneasiness and ambient fear leads to some spooky looking houses forming on their own hurrary!
- Focused terror concerning haunted houses by many human lead to creating a haunted house that is a TiHer, aware and with a personality, natural abilities, and a FEAR attack of its own hurray!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 am
Just to make sure:

Abandoned Isle of Enchantment: Quest
[ Round 4: ]

- You finally make your way to the very epicenter, where inside, you see exactly six statues, each bearing an item. However, the area is very unstable as it seems like someone is watching you! Generate a number between 1 and 9. This is the item you end up with, congratulations! This is now your item to keep! Match the correct roll of yours to the item, and read the results carefully! If you roll 10, you can choose any of the items listed below. **Bolded by me for clarity

We are RNGing 1-9 for this artifact area, yes?
It says if we hit 10 we can take whatever...but it doesn't say to roll 10. (So I should ignore that last line?)  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Az-san

Vicious Noob

24,925 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am
Hi,

I got a few questions about the CNY event.

I'm not sure I understood how it works.
If I write a solo, where do I post it? In the event section or TiH general area?
And the totems are the envelopes exchanged for minis on the mini site?

Sorry for being a newbie...
/hides in a corner

Edit : posted in the general area since I didn't get an answer and time is running out...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:47 pm
I was a little unsure about this since I couldn't quite find it anywhere, so I figured I'd ask: Horsemen can join student clubs, but can they make their own? Or if not, do the Clans have a sort of equivalent they can make?  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm
GM Hiring Question!

I really was planning on trying to get Roch as a ToTer, is it possible that I can get Roch as the ToTer if I get hired (even though he's still a student)? I'm willing to call him a Jr. ToTer, ICly. Or do I need to come up with another one?

Marushii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 pm
Zoobey
POST EM HERE PLEASE PLEASE I'd love to hear what you guys think so far of what's being written/done * _* (for anyone who joined the guild, or people just viewing it and whatnot)

Please do not answer questions unless you are staff! Thank you!

Is a scary avi recquired? O.O  

RavenDarknessAtarashi

Sparkly Vampire

17,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Team Edward 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm
Ice Queen
GM Hiring Question!

I really was planning on trying to get Roch as a ToTer, is it possible that I can get Roch as the ToTer if I get hired (even though he's still a student)? I'm willing to call him a Jr. ToTer, ICly. Or do I need to come up with another one?

Marushii

Paging the person in charge of ToTers to answer this~

lizbot
hi question 4 u

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm
RavenDarknessAtarashi
Zoobey
POST EM HERE PLEASE PLEASE I'd love to hear what you guys think so far of what's being written/done * _* (for anyone who joined the guild, or people just viewing it and whatnot)

Please do not answer questions unless you are staff! Thank you!

Is a scary avi recquired? O.O

No, a scary avatar isn't required however you do need to have an enrolled character from our shop in order to RP in this guild. Please see the newbie guide for more information.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 pm
Hey, I have a question.

How would... human food taste to a Halloweener? (Clearly they couldn't subsist off it.)

Can they eat it without any ill effects?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games