Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 pm

User Image

For a moment, Catharine was taken aback by the question. She had, up in till her letter, assumed she'd only be fit for one position. A reporter. She hadn't been fond of the idea, but it meant she could spend most of her day combing through other people's business and not get in trouble for it, at least not arrested for it. Now though, she just blinked and tried to think of the possibilities and found that the night sky was the same as her prospects. Seemingly infinite with points of bright light.

She pause in her thought to write that line down on her mental list of good lines. It was simply too poetic to get lost by with the other rubbish thoughts she had discarded over the years. Once it was stored, she went to the question that had began the inner train. Finally deciding that, she was going to have to be vague. Which was frustrating.

"I don't know. I figured that once I get out of Hogwarts, I'd follow the path others do and get a Ministry job until I can figure out my path. It's what many great Hogwart alumni do, I figure I should break the trend there," she replied with a shrug. She gave a weak smile too before continuing, "Before I'd learned of Hogwarts and magic and the like. I figured I'd be a reporter. I consider myself a pretty good at sorting through information and finding what is helpful, what is interesting, and what is utter rubbish. Now though, I'm not sure.

Which. . .,"
she smirked as she continued with a lighter tone, "Meaning I have 2 years with which to think of the electives I want to take for this mystery job, than another 2 to study 'really' hard for the O.W.Ls to get this job, and a total of 6 years to plan out my map to get this job. David, did I miss any count downs or did I get them all?"

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm

User Image
Ellie Lynch
qυιεт ρεσρℓε нαvε тнε ℓσυ∂εsт мιи∂s αи∂ συɢнт тσ вε ωαтcнε∂
Unsorted↬First Year↬Pure-Blood↬Clothing

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
Ellie looked up at the castle before stepping over to her peers. "Hello, my name is Ellie Lynch. I do hope I'm not intruding, it's just that, I don't know many people," she said in a small voice, her eyes tilted slightly to the ground. Her voice seemed so stiff, as if she was faking herself. She hated meeting new people, especially when she didn't know anyone in the crowd. Ellie always seemed to sound so posh at first, or so she had been told, although she relaxed once she got to know people. Trying to loosen up a bit, she brought her eyes up and tried to smile a bit, feeling like a child caught stealing from the cookie jar.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
((ooc: Hello! I'll be able to join for about an hour or so, terribly sorry I came so late, I have barely any time nowadays.))

Sukoshi Doku

Beloved Hunter

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:12 pm

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

Actually, that's a really good explanation.

David chuckled and said, "Sounds about right. Seven years at Hogwarts to figure everything out. Of course there are the NEWTs at the end of our seventh year. So don't think it is smooth sailing after the OWLs. Of course, I feel far more comfortable having everything planned out already."

"I'm sure if you had any questions about career paths you could ask one of your professors though," David said.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:20 pm

User Image

Catharine raise an eyebrow at David's instructor tone wondering for a minute if the boy had missed her sarcasm. Then decided that no, he had just decided to ignore it. She was about to reply, when a girl's voice sipped in. It was so soft that for a moment she had thought it was coming from one of the other boats or the mass that was still trying to decide which boat they wanted to take.

Glancing over though confirmed that that girl could be talking to them. She was in their general area. So she gave a soft smile to the newcomer, "If you want you can join us. We've only 3 people and need a 4th.

[{o.o.C }]

Sukoshi Doku
Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 pm

I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Grin in place, he indicated his acknowledgement of the explanation with a nod. "A reporter, for you," Kas raised a brow, grin still in place, though it was good-natured. "Something new everyday, then."

"And you're right. Seven years is a long time," Kas commented, thinking it over. "There's bound to be something for everyone. Though you're decided for someone our age," Kas told David. "That period of self-reflection and discovery is still to come for all of us. It will be interesting to see what people decide for themselves in the future, NEWTS and OWLS and otherwise." he added, just for the sake of doing so. He hadn't missed the little bit of breeze-by that was employed there and it made him want to laugh.

Turning now to face the new girl- - - she was so flower-like, he observed. Wallflower-like, he corrected- - - and inclined his head towards her in acknowledgement. He didn't say anything- - - Catharine had already done the job- - - but he did gesture over to the remaining seat in their boat.

Socialization- - - he was doing a lot of it lately, Kas noticed with a wry grin.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm

User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ 𝒰nsorted

Alexander's eyes widened as Alex-the-girl scoffed at him, but he did his best to remain calm. After all, she knew just as much about his background as he knew of hers. Still, he was just a smidgeon annoyed. Nobody had ever scoffed at his ignorance before. So, magic. Right. He needed to get over this denial thing and quick. How was he supposed to thrive in a world run by magic if he kept wondering how everything worked? Even though he desperately wanted to question HOW magic was applied to these boats, he decided that this was one case where curiosity was getting him nowhere. S-sorry. I just... I'm a muggleborn. Is that right? Muggleborn? Anyway this whole magic thing... I go my whole life without it and then all of a sudden BLAM! You're a wizard, Alex, and then all of a sudden BLAM! You're going to wizarding school. I really need to get over myself, don't I? Ah well,
Returning to his neck scruff, he pondered how it would have been different if he'd known the whole time. He'd probably strike up a conversation with these people right away about some incredible new potion or maybe even Quid Itch. He wondered what was in store for him at the castle across the lake, and hoped that not every encounter would showcase him as an imbecile. So um, Alex. I take it you're a pure blood witch? It was a feeble attempt to rectify the conversation, but it was the best he could do. Tabitha seemed pretty quiet, perhaps she too was muggleborn or maybe half-blood. He couldn't yet get a read on Jason. Either way, Alex seemed like she knew what was going to happen next, and at least she was giving answers, no matter how rude they might've sounded.

❶ OOC: ❶

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Sariwa

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sukoshi Doku

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 pm

User Image
Ellie Lynch
qυιεт ρεσρℓε нαvε тнε ℓσυ∂εsт мιи∂s αи∂ συɢнт тσ вε ωαтcнε∂
Unsorted↬First Year↬Pure-Blood↬Clothing

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
"If you don't mind," Ellie said with a more real smile, before seating herself in the open seat. She didn't speak much, unsure what to say, too used to being alone. The girl with the long dark hair seemed friendly enough, the darker haired boy seemed studious, and the firey red haired boy seemed like he wasn't too aggresive but from the lessons her mother and father had subliminally taught her, she knew not to trust one without getting to know them first, and yet, she felt her defenses starting to fall down, if only for a short period of time.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
mc2
StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 pm

User Image

"Not at all, Catharine assured the other girl and smiled. Then looked at both of the boys with a smile. Sure she might have spoiled their cozy little pack, but with 4 at least they would look ready to go, even if the others weren't. Still it did mean that things were going to be awkward. There would be the urge to include the girl in their conversation, but at the moment she wasn't sure how. Still Catharine was determined to make sure that the conversation didn't die completely.

"I believe introductions are in order here, she said brightly. She glanced at the other two boy again. Then sighed, she'd have to start it, "I'm Catharine Blanche. I'll leave the introduction of these two to themselves. Just know that this one-

She pointed at David and smirked, "Lacks a sense of humor and will try to get you to map out your entire life. . .or at least your school career which will likely consist of studying, studying, a tiny bit of socializing, and then more studying."

It might be rude to throw this out there, but part of her couldn't help needling David. He's impressive resolve to be a Healer and his dedication to his goals, was admirable. Though his determination to see such a well laid out plan for everyone was just too tempting to tease him with.
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 pm

User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Her eyes went wide as the boy took her playfulness the wrong way. She had never been spoken to like this in her whole life. Kimberly stood up and slapped the boy leaving a small hand print across his left cheek."Well in all my time here on this Earth, whether it may be short, I have never been spoken to like that," her eyes raging like the sea that they matched in color stared the boy down. She didn't care who he was or his fear of boats, she was just trying to help. It may have come across a bit mockingly, but truthfully it was her style of flirting. Still shocked she looked down at her hand and realized what she had just done. Her face went red, like her hair and she turned away.

"I am so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Honestly I was just trying to help, I never meant to be mean or mocking towards you," she said a bit quiet as she still looked away from the boy. In her heart she still liked the boy a bit, but in her head she knew she lost her chance at anything at all. Even friendship was now out of the question, unless he took her apology. Normal the young girl was well tempered and this was the first time she had ever hit someone, so she didn't know what the outcome would be like.

======================
Location: The lake || Thoughts: Shocked || Company: Joshua || Crush: Maybe Joshua
======================
Outfit

Miss Gryffindork
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -As one of his position, Kas greatly resisted the urge to 'd'aww!' at how nice Catharine was being to Ellie. She's said her name was Lynch- - - they were a pureblooded family, weren't they? Multi-tasking with his mulling and listening to the conversation, Kas hid another grin at the grey-eyed girl's playful jabs at David. He did agree with her, though. If he could persuade Catharine into it, he planned to loosen up the boy with regards to that situation. They were, after all, only eleven.

Turning to the shy, new girl they had included in the boat, Kas nodded in acknowledgement again and smiled. "Don't worry, we're generally nice people, I think," he said, dimpling wryly at the pair's direction. "Kasdeja de Assi," he introduced himself. "Kas, if you'd prefer."

"Feel free to interrupt anytime," he gestured again, encompassing an intangible thing yet again to indicate a conversation. "More things to talk about, isn't that right, Catharine?"

A sharp sound to their left- - - reminiscent of flesh making contact rather painfully with flesh- - - sounded out over the water and carried it over to them. Curiosity piqued, the redhead turned to look, marginally disinterested in appearance.

He raised a brow in surprise.

||Ohmygosh, I wanted to squeeze Kas saying 'Lol' in there so badly T^T ||

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 pm

User Image

"You are very right, Kas. Both on the being nice and having things to talk about," Catharine said smirking, "I enjoy breaking silences with others. Especially with interesting conversa - "

She broke off as the sharp sound a clap resonated from somewhere along the shore. Glancing in it's direction she wasn't completely sure of it's origin. Was it the strange pair? Or as it something else from a greater distance off. Sound carried oddly out in the woods. Yet she was certain that it had been close. Part of her want to go and investigate, but anther part of her, the part that like the warmth she had managed for herself told her to stay where she was. So she did, at least physically.

"Kas, you've a better view, do you know where that came from and who did it?," she asked looking over him. She was certain he was in a better position to see than she was. Then after thinking for a second more, she added,"and you can also hazarded a random answer to why in there if you want."

[{it's okay. I completely understand}]

mc2
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm

User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua blinked in horror when the girl slapped him. He could feel pain rearing in his cheek, a look of shock evident on his face. She claimed to have never been spoken to in such a way, to which he scoffed. "Perhaps you needed it then, eh? You need to learn your bloody place!" He sat in the boats for all of two seconds, before she began to speak again. "Never. Speak. To. Me. Again. For any reason. As long as you live." He stepped out of the boat, then glared in any other direction. He already hated this place. He was used to having everything, not having crazy females touching, then slapping him! She was blimey weird, and he hoped never to have the displeasure of meeting another such loony individual.

hjcoffman2881

[spoiler][quote][/quote][/spoiler]

{OoC: First, auto-hitting is not cool, please... don't do that anymore, second, you have to be wearing a black and white uniform for sorting. Another thing, you need to put your quotes in spoilers. the code is in my spoiler above. :3 Just... thought I'd help.}

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -"Well, my dear Catharine, it's a funny story going on there," Kas answered back, still looking over at the scene playing out in front of them, greatly amused and trying not to show it- - - he wasn't stupid, after all- - - he continued, "It seems the little princeling has just been given his due by a little girl."

Turning back to look at them, he further elaborated. "The boy who was whinging about the boats and the girl with him, I mean. I don't think she liked his attitude very much," he observed, the reddening cheek of the boy clearly visible even to him.

"Must have hurt."

|| Haha, excuse my weird whims, please! c: ||

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 pm

User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire shuddered as she continued to have her eyes closed.
This was the most pathetic Claire had felt thus far, after the wall she had built up, it all came crashing down at the sight of some water.

As she felt the boat rock some Claire gripped the closest object to her, which was the side of the wooden boat, her hand was white from her death grip and her chest started to hurt from trying to suppress her hyperventilation.

All the young witch had to do was just keep her eyes closed until they crossed the lake fully, then she could step out of the boat and never go back to it or the lake.
Claire just shivered a bit more as she went into a smaller sitting position and covered her arms over herself, in a defensive position.

"Pl-please le-let this b-be ov-over so-soon..." She said softly, her voice cracking some.

My feelings? I'm utterly terrified you know?
Precious thought of mine, "I'm pathetic..."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm

User Image
User Image

Alexandria flashed a small, half-smile when the boy admitted to being a muggleborn. She figured he must have been since he had no idea how these boats made their way across the lake. Anyone who was used to magic would never question such a thing. "No worries," she assured. When Alex-the-boy asked if "muggleborn" was the correct term, the girl nodded. The girl laughed at his explanation. Not because it was weird, but because it was actually humorous. When he asked if she was a pureblood, she nodded once again. "That's right. I am. Both my mum and dad went to Hogwarts when they were kids, so now it's my turn," she explained. None of her siblings had gone to Hogwarts yet since she was the oldest of the three- four kids. Well, three who she assumed would all be magical considering the fourth was a very annoying step sister whose parents were muggles.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games