Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:20 pm
Well she has a point.
In Han Solo At Star's End, the first mention of the ship, its described quite a bit differently from the headhunter we know, the image of which was just early concept art of the X-wing.
I've never seen triple blasters on the Z-95 but always saw them mentioned. I kind of blame WEG for dropping the ball there, as well as in other places *cough*Barloz freighter*cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 pm
You'd think someone would try to just explain the differences though... I've seen a green headhunter before though...  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:32 pm
I dont know what got into the heads of some of the people at WEG. Or Lucasfilm for that matter. The Millenium Falcon is too small and overmodded to be able to haul 100 metric tons of cargo. I know, Ive seen the inside.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:36 pm
Maybe it's part TARDIS?  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm
I dont think Shug Nix or Doc would have wasted the time to make a tardis out of the Falcon. And while Chewie's a decent mechanic, fixing things is a lot different from bending the laws of reality.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 pm
One explanation could be found in the very first Tramp Freighters Guide. After making several modifications to ones ship and loosing cargo space for it there’s a modification that allows you to beef up the engines up to carry a heaver load, not more space, but like more torque.

Like I only have the room for 50 metric tons but I can carry 100 metric tons of dark mater, or whatever.  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 pm
Yeah but its listed as Cargo Capacity.
If I wanted to know how much Torque a ship had, I'd look at its Lift/Mass ratio or engine output.
In Saga Edition, a ship's power is logically determined by its strength score. Dunno abut D6.
Speaking of D6, have you seen this site, K-blade?
http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 pm
Nol Noyan
Speaking of fighters, here's a modeler's conception of the Z-95 model similar to what Han once flew in the Corporate Sector: Swing Wings, Triple Blasters, its a darn sight prettier than the typical Z-95.
http://www.alfredsmind.ca/z95m1pg.htm

Because it never appeared in the TV series or movies.

Star Trek is very picky on what is or isn't canon.  

Rodyn

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:42 pm
Rodyn
Nol Noyan
Speaking of fighters, here's a modeler's conception of the Z-95 model similar to what Han once flew in the Corporate Sector: Swing Wings, Triple Blasters, its a darn sight prettier than the typical Z-95.

Less picky than Star Wars I take it?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:45 pm
Cale Darksun
If I wanted to know how much Torque a ship had, I'd look at its Lift/Mass ratio or engine output.
In Saga Edition, a ship's power is logically determined by its strength score. Dunno abut D6.

I saw it posted somewhere most resiliently and gave it a quick look-see. And it’ looked badass. I need to check it out further

and yeah, I think it was in the very first one, before the wild die thingy confused  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 pm
K-Blade
Cale Darksun

I saw it posted somewhere most resiliently and gave it a quick look-see. And it’ looked badass. I need to check it out further

and yeah, I think it was in the very first one, before the wild die thingy confused

I liked the wild die.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 pm
Cale Darksun
Rodyn
Nol Noyan

Less picky than Star Wars I take it?

More so. At least there are references to the books and such in the movies(such as Coruscant and Aayla). In Star Trek, however, none of the books, comics, games, what-have-you, are considered canon in any way. Period.

Star Wars books do their best to stay accurate when it comes to story-telling as well, trying to maintain a whole saga. Star Trek books are, more or less, scattered and unconnected usually, causing contradictions and such. Although, this doesn't have much to do with the canon topic.  

Rodyn

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 pm
Cale Darksun
K-Blade
Cale Darksun

I liked the wild die.

Sometimes it’s really, really cool. Other times it really, really sucks.
One of my GM’s has a knack for rolling multiple 6’s in a row.
Cost me a starfighter pilot a few weeks ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm
The only thing i don't like about that site is that the guy basically says lucas is a god of a movie maker, and nobody could 'do it better'. He fails to take note of several things. one being, that it's an issue of canoniocy, not necessarily just a mere whim, and george has specifically stated that this is true or not true, so he is liable. The second is, if I had the same budget, and all of georgies connections, i know i damn well would have had a better movie than his a**. Problem is, I can't be a better movie maker because I simply don't have resources.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:07 pm
Yeah well you sometimes have to take the suck with the decent.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff