Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Giggling Pear Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should We Do Another House Elf Cup?
  Most Assuredly, YES!
  Blech!!! Stop trying to bribe me to be active!
View Results

Alui Vitae

Hallowed Rogue

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm
Alui the elf was a quiet, timid thing. She had been the house elf for a cruel, cruel family who had mistreated her so, and after the terribly unfortunate deaths of her former Masters and Mistresses, she had found herself at Hogwarts in the kitchens. She was frightfully scared of the young Masters and Misses and practically scrubbed her poor little hands to bits whenever a young student of the great Hogwarts came into the kitchens. She was well accomplished at the skills of elf-magic and cleaning, but not quite so accomplished in the great feat of speaking without a terrible stammer. Whenever she was addressed, her little hands would go to her worn clothes on her small frame, wringing the endges of the fabric as her large green eyes darted around on the floor, mumbling her reply and scurrying off as soon as she could to get back to her work. She was even shy around the other elves, and seemed to always expect a beating, but she worked hard, and she thought perhaps that would be enough.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 pm
Nikkiquin
Eleiza0250

"Oh my goodness" Nikki breathed as she listened to Eleiza describe her life. "No nickname and
shunned by your parents? You poor dearheart!"
Nikki exclaimed turning to give her new friend
a brief hug. "You don't have to worry about money here Elly. Hogwarts IS a generous place."

She smiled warmly before continuing. "I'm not exactly independently wealthy myself." Nikki
gave a quiet self depreciating chuckle. "My mum died when I was young. I had to move out
when my dad couldn't take care of us anymore. I'm more or less on my own except for my
lil brother."
Nikki sighed and shook her head. "I had to grow up kind of quickly, ya know? I
tend to be a bit, cynical when it comes to life stuff but bubbly about most everything else."

Shaking her head Nikki continued sorting batters. She'd moved on to double chocolate chip.
"Chocolate sure is a balm for the soul" she softly murmured more to herself then anyone.

"You dear sweet precious babies!" PJ exclaimed, hugging both girls tightly. "That's it. I am adopting you two." She said, kissing both girls in the temple. She went back to mixing the muffins, leaving the batter for Elly to put in the muffin tin.

"Elly, can you do that for me?" she asked, getting more muffin tins out. "I...I can't really say I had a great childhood either I suppose."  

beavescleaves

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am
beavescleaves
Alui Vitae

Nikki smiled warmly at the girl who had been so kind to her from the moment she'd entered
the kitchens.
"Thank you so much for your friendship PJ. You're a lovely person and I'm
happy we've become friends"
. Nikki chewed her bottom lip for a moment in thought before
continuing.
"I've recently been sorted into Hufflepuff so I'll be heading out of here in just
a few days. Let's get one breakfast finished together before I go, k? I hope you can get
sorted soon too. I want to go to school and study with a clearly talented girl like you PJ."

Nikki stopped to consider her friend's words a moment. "So you had a bad time too, huh?
What happened PJ? Were your parents mean or..? Don't worry, you can confide in me."

Nikki turned intending to finish with the batters before something caught her attention out of
the corner of her eye. The shy little elf darted around with the fearful look of someone who had
been cowed into obedience one too many times. It broke her heart to see someone so clearly
in pain.
"Hello little one" Nikki said in a feather soft voice, her eyes gentle as they looked over
towards Alui.
"Don't be shy honey. Come over and help us make muffins. What's your name?
Mine's Nikki and these lovely girls are PJ and Elly"
she announced pointing to each girl in turn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm
Nikkiquin

Alui shied almost immediately when she discerned that the girl was speaking to her, and tugged at the hem of her little cloth covering, large blue eyes looking around at objects on the floor as if they were some eternal fascination.
"Missus, this one's name is Alui, Missus, an' Umm terrible at cookin', Missus. The Mistress said so, an' made me do it again every mornin'..." Alui said, shuffling closer despite herself. The kind girl's warmth was drawing the little elf in. She had never been spoken to with such softness and she, though nervous as ever, thought that maybe she might make a friend, which, of course, she only knew of in theory and by watching others and their companions.  

Alui Vitae

Hallowed Rogue

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am
Alui Vitae

Nikki was overcome with emotion; equal parts sadness at the way the tiny elf had
been treated and warmth at her adorable way of speaking. Nikki decided to try to
bolster the shy little thing's confidence.
"Well Alui..." she began matter-of-factly. "I
can't imagine why your silly Mistress enjoyed throwing out perfectly good food
again and again, day after day. I bet you're an absolute wiz in the kitchen."
Nikki
took a moment to beam at the elf before continuing. She'd make Alui feel needed.

"When you would cook for your Lady was there anything in particular you enjoyed
preparing? We need literally THOUSANDS of things for everyone to eat and it'd be
great if we could get some fresh ideas."
Nikki hesitated for a moment before placing a
gentle hand on the elf's head and giving it a friendly ruffle.
"Don't worry munchkin; it'll
be fun! I just know we'll have a great time, okay?"
Nikki giggled as she winked at Alui.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:29 pm
Nikkiquin

Alui's big eyes glanced up and the smallest of smiles pulled at her lips.
"Well, Missus, this one's favourite was always, mmm, the breakfast breads, mmm, this one 'ould always eat the ones the Mistress said to throw out, an' the dough was, mmm, always nice to roll, Missus."
The little elf fidgeted with her covering, but her big eyes kept resting on Nikki's for the slightest of moments, and the little smile stayed in place as the elf thought of her own favourite foods to make, even if she felt guilty for eating what was supposed to be thrown out.  

Alui Vitae

Hallowed Rogue

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:03 am
Alui Vitae

As she listens to Alui describe her love of bread Nikki can feel her own stomach start to rumble.
There's just something so homey about bread she thinks with a content sigh. "Bread is so lovely,
isn't it? It's sticky and bouncy and fun to punch and roll out. Oh and the smell... uwaaaaah I
just love the smell of fresh baked bread!"
Nikki nearly swooned at the thought of burying her
face in a fresh roll.
Bread and coffee; those scents get me every time... she thinks with a giggle.

After a moment more of sparkly eyed reminiscing Nikki refocuses her attention on the cute little
elf.
"I'm really surprised at how much food your Mistress seemed to toss out. If she didn't
like it that much she could have given it away or something."
Nikki sighed as she shook her
head.
"Well, what's done is done I suppose. Luckily I doubt much'll go to waste here with
a ton of hungry students!"

Nikki grinned as she reached down and squeezed Alui's petite elven hand. "What say you to us
baking an absolute TON of bread-stuffs? We could make biscuits and dinner rolls and french
bread and oodles of other delectable noms!"
Nikki was nearly hopping up and down with barely
restrained glee. The idea of the kitchen being filled with the scents of bakery fresh bread made
her feel completely bubbly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:18 pm
Nikkiquin

Alui's big glassy eyes sparkled with delight when she saw that Nikki was just as excited as her about the breads.
"Oh, yes Missus, I 'ould so like to help make the breads. Biscuits are my favourite, Missus, and the other breads are so nice too," Alui said, leaving her worrying of her little cloth covering off as she took Nikki's hand in both of hers. Alui could not remember the last time she had been quite so excited and welcomed, especially in such a large number of elves and people. The thought of not being told to go back and cook again by her late Mistress made her even more happy; no elf wanted to hear that their job had not been done well enough.  

Alui Vitae

Hallowed Rogue

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Kittenclysm

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:26 am
As Gak enters the kitchen, he looks a little awkward. Everyone seems to be quite involved in their various tasks. He makes his way over the the far wall, twitching with nervous energy, and begins to whisper into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 am
Alui Vitae
Kittenclysm

Nikki couldn't help but giggle listing to Alui speak. Her polite speech and heavy accent
made her a delight to listen to.
"Mmmm biscuits..." Nikki said as she thought on the
buttery breakfast staple.
"My favorites are ones loaded with butter and strawberry
jam; particularly those with some sausage sandwiched in between as well."
Nikki
could feel her tummy rumbling away at the thought of her beloved breakfast sandwich.

Feeling the warmth of the tiny hands on hers, Nikki gave the little elf's fingers a gentle
squeeze. Smiling brightly, she began leading Alui to a work table lined with ingredients.

"Well, here are all the things we'll need for the bread-y parts of breakfast" she said
matter-of-factly. Nikki was getting quite acquainted with the kitchen at this point.

Just as she was about to start digging in Nikki noticed a boy elf awkwardly wander into
the kitchen. She sees him stare for a moment before twitching near a wall and whispering
away.
Gosh, what could have happened to make that elf so... odd? Nikki thinks as she watches
Gak continue to spasm.
"Hey Alui" Nikki begins softly. "Do you think maybe we should try
to say something to him?"
she asks nodding towards Gak. "He looks to be a little... lost?
Maybe we can help him somehow?"
Nikki says quietly, a touch of hesitation in her voice.

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

Kittenclysm

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 pm
Nikkiquin

Alui Vitae

Gak's mad eyes widen and he murmurs "They think that Gak is deaf, yes they do... Gak is used to that, he is..." As his jabbering escalates, he wanders to the pantry, knocking containers aside as he reaches into the very back for something. Ingredients clatter across the floor.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 pm
Nikkiquin
Kittenclysm

Alui tilted her head, shying a little at Gak's odd behavior and the loud crashes of ingredients falling following his exploration and search of the pantry.
"He reminds me of the other elf in tha house, Missus. He used to get awful mad if anyone did somethin' to his stuff, Missus, but this one always tried to be nice and give him some help..." Alui worried at the cloth covering her little body before she took a couple careful steps towards where Gak the elf was rifling through the pantry. "But I'm nervous, Missus, 'nd I can't do nuffin' right..."  

Alui Vitae

Hallowed Rogue

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:35 pm
Alui Vitae
Kittenclysm

Noticing Gak's escalated emotions and Alui's nervousness, Nikki takes a steadying
breath.
Someone has to take control of this situation she thinks as she chews the
bottom of her lip.
I came to this school to become a better, stronger person. I want to
make new friends. I will make this work no matter what!
Nikki decides determinedly.

Hearing Alui put herself down again Nikki frowns slightly. She doesn't want the poor
elf to feel worthless anymore.
"Sweetheart" Nikki begins softly as she reaches over
to squeeze Alui's hand.
"I know you're an amazing lil person. Don't you ever think
differently, okay Alui?"
Smiling warmly Nikki continues. "Come on hun, let's help that
little guy get sorted. I bet he's got a reason for being a bit... different."

Holding Alui's hand tightly, Nikki slowly walked towards the pantry. Keeping herself
between Alui and the seemingly confused male elf, Nikki peered inside.
"Hey boya,
whatcha looking for? Any way we could help..? My name is Nikki and this little
pumpkin with me is Alui. It's nice to meet you"
she says gently. "We were just
getting ready to make some breakfast breads. Want to help us out?"
Nikki offers
keeping her voice as soothing and polite as she can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 pm
Nikkiquin

Alui Vitae

Gak hears the two approach him, and, quote paranoid, stops his rifling to turn and face them, squinting curiously. "They are... here to help Gak?" He looks puzzled, but hopeful.  

Kittenclysm

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am
Alui Vitae
Kittenclysm

Nikki finds herself amused as she hears more and more of Gak's manner of speech.
His tendency to speak in the third person is kind of... cute she muses with a soft giggle.

Feeling a bit of relief at the elf's lack of hostility Nikki nods with a smile.
"Of course we'd
like to help you. We're all here to work together. I'm actually in the kitchens as a summer
initiative for the school. It's in the hope that I'll more or less get a better understanding for
the hard work and comradery that goes into running Hogwarts. I've recently been sorted
into Hufflepuff so I'll be entering school proper for the Autumn term. I'm really excited!"

Pausing for a minute Nikki realizes she's being a bit rude. "Ah! Where are my manners?
My name is Nicolette Ardeoavis but you can call me Nikki or anything you'd like really.
Sorry for not saying so before I started talking your ear off. What's your name?"
she
finishes with a curious tilt of the head.

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games