Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:30 am

Sakiimi
~_~ I have a hard time with religion... I think I'm too big of a synic to be so blindly faithful... I wanna know why and when....

Like para se.... We can scientificly prove that the greeks/romans were'nt right... the sun is most certainly not carried by a charriot....

And the Aztechs were no better...

Then what makes what we believe any more true? How is Christianity proven? Miricals? This Holy Ghost? Humans have the ability to phsych themselves into many things...

I'm just saying it seems like throughout history religion has basicly been a method of keeping order in the world... a proverbial "Time out corner"... that keeps people from being bad from fear of supreme punnishment for the rest of their lives...

BUt then again... I don't know.. sweatdrop

Religion and mythology has always served a two-fold purpose. The first being a way to explain the unknown while the second as a means of controlling people.

Many of the ancient beliefs used mythology to explain why the world worked they way it did, giving rise to different gods or spirits that were in charge everything going on around us. That is one reason why those old religions are no longer widely practiced we have grown enough as a race to come to learn what really makes the sunrise and set.

There are, however, still some questions that science has yet to answer. Specifically those dealing with where we came from, why we are here and what happens to us when we die. Religion has always served to try and answer these questions and for a lot of people, having an answer fills a void in their life and helps protect them from mankind's greatest fear, death.

It is the greatest unknown and thus the one truly universal fear. People want to believe something happens to us after we die and will attach themselves to whatever religion provides them with the answer they like the most and in of itself that is harmless. The problem arises when religion starts telling people that there is more than one afterlife ranging from good to bad depending on what kind of life you lived.

I am pretty sure that the original intent of this was an innocent one. An attempted to try and get people to live a good life and help their fellow man, unfortunately it has turned into a horrid beast today. It would probably be fine if people just let things be allowed those they felt were living life improperly alone, knowing that they will have to face their maker in the end. But no, for some reason people feel they need to force their morality onto other and even go as far as to exterminate those that don't fallow the same beliefs they do. Which is probably one of the greatest poetics justices you will ever come across, seeing how most religion speak of acting kindly towards your neighbor and to not cause them grief if they have not done you any wrong.

Faith is a good thing as well a sense of spirituality is a good thing. Organized religion however is a bad thing. sweatdrop They are all just cults with tax-exempt status.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:51 pm

User Image

crying Petco needs a 'pick it up now' option. Like best buy has
sweatdrop im not good at waiting....

UglyCoyoteNG

Af Mas

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:52 pm

It STILL hasn't come? o.O;; That's not right
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:54 pm

I'd phone them up and see what's going on....

Crenn

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:04 pm

I've been away for awhile!

I've been on no guilds for about a month, no Gaia at all really, but even for about a month before that I didn't spend a lot of time at AFG.

This was partly because I was really crushing on this girl and then got into a relationship with her and her girlfriend, and partly because I hadn't really been feeling the furry thing.

Well, I'm back. 3nodding

I won't be able to catch up entirely because this guild moves hella fast, but I'll try.

I know before I left a lot of people had signed up for commissions. I haven't progressed at all with those (bad puppy) but I'll try and work on them a lot this weekend. But, at least most people were getting theirs for free and those who were paying me wouldn't have paid me until after their art was completed. If you signed up for a commission and want it changed or no longer want it, please PM me and let me know. The order of the commission list as it stands is:
0. CrimsonFur (currently working on)
1. Tyler Blackfur (bonus freebie)
2. Kyoni Malkat
3. Vincent R. Starwind (freebie)
4. Sin-Foxe (freebie)
5. [BrokenWing] (freebie)
6. Krissim Klaw (freebie)
7. arya-shadow

Love to all!
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Nice to see you back Kee

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:08 pm

UglyCoyoteNG
User Image

usually takes about 6 business days to ship stuff like that and like it said, it's up to 6 business days. Wait until #6 before complaining
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:11 pm

I've recieved stuff at the minimum of days, and some stuff I ordered never came. It's why I don't shop on eBay anymore. The last two things I bought never came =/

Af Mas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Af Mas
I've recieved stuff at the minimum of days, and some stuff I ordered never came. It's why I don't shop on eBay anymore. The last two things I bought never came =/

I never shop on e-bay. I've never had something not come. Usually the pet supplies I buy come within 6 days and we usually order hundreds of things.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:14 pm

Rainey_angel81
Af Mas

I never shop on e-bay. I've never had something not come. Usually the pet supplies I buy come within 6 days and we usually order hundreds of things.

I was pissed both times, but at the same time I wasn't real surprised. They both were shipped out of South East Asia, and that can really be hit or miss.

Af Mas

Konabird

4,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:20 pm

UglyCoyoteNG
User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm

XD Rainey its been EIGHT buisness days since they shipped it on the 17, i ordered it on the 16th. Ugh goddamn. D: IHATEYOU,SHIPPING. The litter boxes came two days after ordering. THIS ONE THOUGH? HO s**t TIS TAKING FO EVAH.

Thank you for that falsh, Shadow XD

UglyCoyoteNG

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:42 pm

O.o is saterday considered a buisness day, because if not it's only been seven. Gah and this monday is a holiday. Hopefully it will come tommorrow. xp

*squees and huggles the chibi NG drawing* So cute. whee
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:52 pm

razz My mommy works for the Postal Service, saterday sure as hell is a buisness day! XD thanks kriss. NG's not ment to be cute though.

UglyCoyoteNG

Konabird

4,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:53 pm

UglyCoyoteNG
razz My mommy works for the Postal Service, saterday sure as hell is a buisness day! XD thanks kriss. NG's not ment to be cute though.

is so..
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games