Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 am
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -"That explains quite a lot." He was right about the unique family situation. In some ways, he sympathized with David's father. He did know first-hand how cruel and judgmental traditional families tended to be. The way he dealt with it was admirable as well. Personally, Kas was of the opinion that 'magical' did not necessarily mean 'superior.' Muggles had far exceeded the Wizarding World in certain areas and made up for their lack of magic with an astonishing amount of intelligent adaptation. He did not, however, agree with the decision to 'eradicate' magic from his home. Despite it all, magic was a random, uncontrollable force. "Your father handled it well, I think. To step out into a new world rather than cling to an old one takes courage. Commendable and understandable- - - though the suppression of magic seems a bit much."

"If that happens, you can always flaunt around your family name. Biologically, you are a pureblood," Kas offered, though he frowned at the notion. Using connections to achieve acceptance was something like a hollow pillar to him. "It's not pleasant, but with a crowd like that, it's probably the most logical choice. They don't care about much else, anyway. It's the powerplay that gets them off." he remarked with a disagreeable look on his face.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

I judged right to open up. Good.

David laughed at Kas's solution to if the blood purity debate arose. "Yes, but I bloody don't care about blood status. Hell, I was raised around Muggles, rich ones at that, and they play the same games rich pureblood families do. There really isn't much difference besides magic."

"Anyways, it was my paternal grandmother's idea to just have my father live in the Muggle world. Quite frankly, I think in many ways it would be easier for Squibs," said David. "Unfortunately, for my father, my mother managed to con him into marrying him so he wasn't able to live the quiet Muggle life he sought."

"So, Kas, were you spending all this time trying to figure me and my family situation out?" David teased with a smile.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 am

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -"Everything happens for a reason," Kas recited solemnly, hands clasped in front of him. Breaking out of the monk-trip he had going on for the moment, Kas grinned back at the brunette. "Someone up there," here Kas proceeded to point an index finger up towards the sky, "must have decided that you had to be born."

Immediately afterwards. the redhead shot the other a disbelieving look. "Well, of course!" Kas exclaimed, furrowing his brow. "You can't drop a bombshell like that and expect them not to wonder! Or maybe that's just me."

Blinking, Kas shook his head to clear it out again. "So, anyway, to answer your question; yes, yes, I was." Raising a brow, he turned to look again at David, answering the smile with the comical brow.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

And Kas is going to play Buddah on me... that's amusing.

David burst into peels of laughter at Kas admitting he had been curious the whole time. He really felt that he had picked a good boat to go on with good company. The conversations were enjoyable while they waited and he could easily be honest and there was no tension or having to navigate through mazes of a conversation.

"And you were to well bred to ask straight out my family situation," laughed David, smiling at Kas. "If you want bombshells get me in a good enough mood and build enough trust with me and I'll tell you how a squib who wanted nothing to do with the wizarding world end up marrying a witch. Of course the story is a bit of a headache."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:11 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Kas's face cracked into a smile along with David's laughter. He was fortunate to have met these people, he thought. Very fortunate.

Turning back to him, the redhead resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at the other boy. "It's not like I could have asked anyway, breeding notwithstanding," Kas huffed, feeling an urge to be- - - Merlin forbid- - - childish. "It's manners and politeness, and you did that on purpose!"

Interest sufficiently piqued- - - how did David's mother manage to win over such an anti-magic man as the League patriarch?- - - but unable to do much, Kas simply huffed at that. "I'll hold you to that, you know," he stated decidedly. "It sounds like an interesting tale."

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 am
User Image

Cat had remained oddly silent. This time the topic of family wasn't off putting, but mildly interesting. Right that was an understatement. As soon as David had opened up, her attention in the drama a few boat away evaporated. She had been trying to decided whether to join the betting pool, the challenge was so tempting, when the topic had changed.

Not that her attention had been entirely focused on drama a few boats away. She too had noticed the sudden paleness and, even more than that, Kas's hand's. Which seemed to have a twitch to them. She tried to put it down to cold or maybe it was possible nerves, but he hadn't had it before. At the moment however she was taken by another darker notion.

Had her mother been like David's father? There situations where similar, yet so different. Beyond their parents similar backgrounds, nothing else was the same. Her mother had fled her family being the powerless squib, rather than left. Her father had been the pureblood, but hadn't stayed like David's mother. Did that mean her father hadn't loved her mother? Or had her mother lied about having magic to get him? She shook off the last question, she couldn't imagine her mother lying about it.

Still she had always liked to imagine that her father had left with great reluctance, but what if that hadn't been the case. Though the letters said otherwise. She might not understand them all, but from the diligence and care with which they were written it was clear that they had both cared for the other. So why hadn't her father come home?

Hearing the laughter, Cat snapped out of her thoughts. Goodness, she couldn't afford that right now with all that was happening. Which seems to be a lot. She put on a weak smile and glanced at the two boys muttering, "Interesting tale indeed."

[{o.o.C }]

Sukoshi Doku
Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

I suppose interesting is one way to put it.

"Did what on purpose?" David asked innocently. "You can't fault me for saying somewhat mum on my family situation till I could fully evaluate my company. I was merely being tactical."

"And about my parents story... yes, interesting is one way to put it," David said politely. "It is a prime example of what my mother is capable of-though she didn't do anything illegal of course- and why I'd rather avoid Slytherins who encourage that sort of win at all costs attitude." He glanced over at Catharine who had seemed lost in thought as he and Kas chatted.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 pm
User Image

"I was merely being tactical"

They both were and why? Having listened to David's story, Catharine was starting wonder why she didn't just burst out her own. It didn't have anything nasty in it. At least nothing she knew of, nothing that should stain her. Then again that was about as much as she knew of her family story. Nothing.

But they might know and that could make all the difference, she thought as she glanced at them. Her mother knew things and she mother knew things, but her mother wasn't sharing. What did share was like a light shower in desert, barely enough. Her father's family were the Blanche, an old French pureblood family. At the time, Cat had tossed the pureblood bit of it away. She didn't get it's importance. It had been the French bit she had whinged about. It had changed after the visit to Gringotts.

The vault that her father's key had opened made her wonder just how 'old' her father's family was and whether the lot of them were greedy. It had began to questions about her father. More than why had he leave me and my mum type questions. She had began to wonder who he was and what he was like. Listening to the boys, it had just began to dawn on her that pureblood and wealthy weren't signals for arrogant git. Though the boy a few boats over fit what she had originally thought. The ones around her didn't. They hide their problems and might have trust issues, but they did it out of habit. Was her father like that? Or had he been more like David's mother? Had he tricked her mother? Again it seemed unlikely. Her mother wasn't the sort to keep someone who'd lied to her in as high regards as her father.

Sighing, she decided that sometimes asking for help was better than stewing in your thoughts. Taking a deep breath, she said, "You're not the only one being tactical, David. I am happy to know that I've meet the standards of your evaluation."

Or she could wimp out and decide to keep her questions all to herself. Though really, she had given her last name before. Perhaps her mother had been wrong and he wasn't a pureblood. Thus telling them would have been pointless. That or she was simply a wimp.
[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:44 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Hmm... Catharine is being awfully quiet.

David glanced at Catharine and fixed her with his dark brown gaze and said, "You're being awfully quiet over there. Care to share what's eating on your mind? Did I say something that disturbed you? Really, regardless of my mother's cut throat attitude she truly is a loyal person to those important to her and has her good traits."

He forced an encouraging smile and added, "Or are you still cold and the cold is still getting to you? I really wish the boats would leave soon so we could get the sorting over with..."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:27 pm
User Image

"Same, Catharine muttered, but she didn't really pay attention to what she was saying. She glanced over at David, then at Kas and then finally Ellie. She knew both Kas and David very well, but Ellie she didn't know anything about. Then again, Ellie didn't know much about her. Yet she wanted to know more and perhaps that started with trust. Well, now she was back to philosophy which meant she either did it or stewed in deep thoughts that would push to do it.

"Well...I'm not cold," she said after a second more of thought. She glanced up David and gave him a weak smile, "It's just...well, our situation are similar is all. My mother is the squib though and it's my father who's the wizard. . .The conversation just made me wonder about him is all."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:45 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Kas snorted at the next of David's words, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. He understood, however, and took it all into stride, choosing to accept it quietly instead of saying anything else. He was surprised to find out the reason- - - or part of it, anyway- - - for the brunette male's seemingly anti-Slytherin disposition. Like so many other things, he scowled, mentally, it was interesting. Yet another one done on purpose, he sighed.

Listening to the pair's conversation, Kas allowed himself to drift off to other things, eyes taking in the scenery around them. It was beautiful, wasn't it? The thought ran idly through his head as he surveyed the glassy black gleam of the water, the trees off to in the distance that heralded the Forbidden Forest and, of course, Hogwarts itself. He knew what was going on and huffing softly, Kas shifted in his coat again, trying to generate more heat to at least bring his complexion back to how it normally was. Attention drifting back to the occupants of his boat, he listened in curiously, fiddling with his hands and rubbing his fingertips. He hated that numb feeling- - - it was odd and just felt really disgusting.

|| I am so sorry, I fell asleep at the computer- - - it's 5 in the morning. >.< ||

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Catharine is a child of a squib and a wizard? That is a coincidence.

David raised a brow hearing that Catharine and he actually had similar family heritages. It was surprising. His guess she was muggleborn was wrong, then. No wonder she looked as if she contemplated correcting him. The conversation of Squibs could be more awkward than Muggles at times. He wondered at her wording that made it sound as if her father was not in the picture. Good breeding and general good manners was enough for him not to press the matter: she would open up whenever she felt ready if she ever did. And of course they had the fourth on their boat, the girl named Ellie. He wondered how the pureblooded girl who had just joined felt about their joking and recounting family tales.

Instead of focusing on Catharine's statement about her parentage he focused on her statement about not being cold. He smiled and said, "Well, it's good to know my sacrificed cloak is keeping you warm then. I'll probably have to have it back before we go into the great hall when we get into the castle but till then you can have it."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
Sukoshi Doku

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sukoshi Doku

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm
User Image
Ellie Lynch
qυιεт ρεσρℓε нαvε тнε ℓσυ∂εsт мιи∂s αи∂ συɢнт тσ вε ωαтcнε∂
Unsorted↬First Year↬Pure-Blood↬Clothing

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
Ellie had instinctively stayed mute, waiting until she had a grasp of the conversation before joining in. Her nose crinkled slightly at the mention of squibs, her opinions on those who aren't magically gifted still shrouded by her parent's own. Despite David's pureblood status, he seemed to not care for the purity of it as her own family did, but perhaps it was simply due to her squib father. She shivered slightly in the cold as she listened to David tell of his home life. Once Catherine and David had begun their own conversation, she spaced off, looking at the other boats around her and wondering who would be in which house. She hoped for Slytherin, of course, as her father had been in that house, but she supposed Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad. Ellie would be absolutely mortified to be in Hufflepuff though; it was the lowest of the low in her family's eye.
((sorry i've been off a while, had school and the such.))
Little Grey Sparrows
StudiousDemoness
mc2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Breaking out of his mindful stupor, Kas turned to the newest member of the little boat. The de Assi found her to be what most people expected of Pureblood girls. That was a good thing, he supposed. He usually found them pleasant enough company. Who knew, maybe she would even surprise them, just as Catherine and David had. Smiling at the other brunette, he gestured over to the other pair.

"Feel free to join in," he encouraged. "I doubt they'd mind." He'd have liked to say more, but the first introductions were always not-as-smooth. Hopefully she'd be amiable to the notion and speak up. It would be nice to have another one to talk to for the year.

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Sukoshi Doku

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sukoshi Doku

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:24 pm
User Image
Ellie Lynch
qυιεт ρεσρℓε нαvε тнε ℓσυ∂εsт мιи∂s αи∂ συɢнт тσ вε ωαтcнε∂
Unsorted↬First Year↬Pure-Blood↬Clothing

Ellie smiled a bit cautiously to the red haired boy before speaking, "I suppose my family is rather normal, my father being a pureblood Slytherin and my mother a French alumni of Beauxbaton. There's not much to say, my parents raised me like any young witch," She knew her childhood wasn't much compared to others, not too tragic or too abnormal; it just sort of was. At the thought of her parents, her hand unconsciously touched her neck where her locket usually resided, but for the trip to the castle by boat laid in the little box at the bottom of her trunk.
Little Grey Sparrows
StudiousDemoness
mc2

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games