Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:22 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
First Year Unsorted
Pureblood Parselmouth

Tsubaki had no doubt that the three kids she shared a boat with would deny her. No one would ever do that to her. Her aunt and uncle might think that they could get away with telling her what to do but they were different. She needn’t worry about them as she was going to be away at school for most of the year. A thought that made her overjoyed no less.

The trip across the lake was less then appealing. Tsubaki wasn’t a fan of giant squid even if it was considered a hard to find creature. Not too many students got to see the giant squid itself. Though, she supposed it was a good scare tactic to keep kids in the boat and away from the lake. Tsubaki of course didn’t care for getting wet. It would ruin her hair.

Being taken to the great hall by the deputy headmistress Tsubaki waited among the group of students. She’d heard about the stupid hat and really didn’t care so long as it put her where she knew she would go. Slytherin was what she wanted. Though, she wanted the same experience as her sister… hardly a touch and the house she belonged in.

“Tsubaki Yuko,”

Finally! Tsubaki had been growing impatient. It really sucked having a last name that was at the end of the alphabet. Walking over and talking a seat on the stool she thought to herself and the hat. ‘Make this quick, we both know Slytherin is where I belong.’ Yes, she was demanding not asking for the house of her choice. She had always been that sort.

With: Other First Years... Sorting Hat

Wearing: Plain Black Robes

OOC: - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ SELFISH Let's put it this way nine times out of ten it's all about me. If it's not, I'm not a happy camper. What can I say I'm self-centered and I don't care what people think. If I have to walk all over people to get what I want then that's fine by me. I'm not afraid to hurt someone's feelings. Never have, never will.
                                                      ■ VAIN I love when people pay attention to me, as they should. One day I'll be important just wait and see. With the way I look, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone wanted to be me. Then again of course they would I'm cute and skilled. What kid can say that? In time I'll be the most beautiful girl around and everyone will be dying to know how I manage to look so good.
                                                      ■ MATERIALISTIC Not only do I have good looks but I have nice things. I like it that way... I'm very attached to my possessions. I lost quite a bit when I had to leave home which I didn't much care for. My sister says they're just material items but I don't care. I need nice clothes and nice stuff that isn't second hand used. My stuff needs to be in good condition and I don't like people touching my stuff unless given permission.
                                                      ■ DEMANDING As one can imagine if I don't like my stuff being touched then I'm pretty demanding about it. Which I am, in fact I'm the type that I want what I want when I want it. I like things the way I want them. If I want one's attention, I'll be sure to get it if it's the last thing I do. Oh and don't be surprised if I demand someone get me something so that I don't have too. If there's a will there's a way.
                                                      ■ IMPATIENT Yes, I'm pretty impatient. Like I said I want what I want when I want it. As such I can get a little irritated or testy. My short-temper can cause me to snap at people resulting in biting their heads off. I can't help it if I'm easily annoyed but things not going my way. If you don't like it then do what I say when I say it. Makes, perfect sense to me…
                                                      ■ SELF PRESERVATION I guess the last thing you need to know about me is, I have a fight or flight mode. Flight will always win in a bad / dangerous situation. When something bad happens around me I flee, find a place to hide, and go completely silent. It takes a while before I even start talking again after bad experiences. I stopped talking when my mother died and my father took it out on me. It's just how I deal with things. Of course not talking makes things a tad difficult.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Quick, eh? Easy enough
You're right, you certainly belong in

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
I have seen the firewatcher's daughter;
Watching fires burn from smoke to black...
There's nothing she won't burn,
From styrofoam to urns, to someone else's ashes in a sack!
You can scorch the metal, you can even melt the glass...
You can pass the time here, fire lives into the past-

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

pureblood │ unsorted │ first year

Callista wasn't very concerned about where she'd be sorted. The Hargraves had traditionally been a family of Slytherins, with a few notable exceptions, one of them being her Ravenclaw father, but she didn't exactly aspire to be like the man. Her mother hadn't really had a house, having attended Beauxbatons. She was sure she'd do well wherever she went, but she couldn't see herself in Hufflepuff, didn't think she was learning-obsessed enough for Ravenclaw, and really didn't want to end up in Gryffindor with Myron. Which left... Slytherin, and she could do far worse. Besides, it would solidify her claim as heir. She proudly walked up to the hat and took a seat on the stool when her name was called, locking eyes with her half-brother, seated at the Gryffindor table. He looked somewhat conflicted. Callista sniffed haughtily just before the hat was placed on her head, obscuring her view.

OOC:
((personality under spoiler))
■ CHARISMATIC Callista has always found it easy to win others over; she is exuberant, outgoing, and quick to make seemingly close friends with those around her. She shares details of her personal life willingly and freely, and genuinely enjoys being in group settings; when left alone she tends to withdraw and brood. Callista hates feeling ignored or dismissed, and will go great lengths to establish herself as someone others should take heed of.
■ DRIVEN Callista is a quick learner who wants to be the best at everything she tries her hand at. She struggles with feeling inferior to others when she is not immediately successful at something, and often lashes out at others when she doesn't reach her goals quickly enough.
■ DEMANDING Callista is very much used to getting what she wants. Spoiled since birth, she's very much used to preferential treatment, and is usually shocked at the notion that she not be given consideration above well... everyone else. She believes she deserves just about whatever comes to mind, and can be extremely unpleasant when she feels passed over.
■ ARROGANT Callista thinks very highly of herself, and isn't afraid to show it. Her pride will always be her downfall, and she can come across as extremely haughty and conceited. She rarely feels as though she said or did the wrong thing, and has a very hard time admitting she was wrong or apologizing to others, even when its deserved. Those who are more self-deprecating or simply low in self esteem she regards as fools.
■ INSENSITIVE Callista is not a very sensitive person. Things tend to simply roll off her, and she isn't one to bicker back and forth with others, instead preferring to ignore any mockery or criticism directed her way. She has a hard time putting up with people who constantly get their feelings hurt, and doesn't see why she should have to be mindful of others in that regard- after all, she doesn't think how they feel is her problem.
■ IMPATIENT Callista is known for her snappish temper and general lack of patience with everyone except those closest to her- while it's difficult to send her into a proper fit of anger, it's very, very easy to irritate or annoy her, even if all you'll get is a withering stare in return. She's a very restless person, even if she doesn't always show it, and when stressed can be quite agitated and on edge.

An all-consuming flame, that refines and new begins;
It'll take your family heirlooms, but it can take your darkest sins.
It's a good ol' bedtime story, give you nightmares 'til you die...
And the ones that love to tell it, hide the mischief in their eyes-
Condemn their sons to Hades and Gehenna is full of guys, alive and well
But there ain't no hell for a firewatcher's daughter.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
So sure of yourself
There aren't many children with such certainty
I do believe you're right, you're destined for

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
This is a fight to the death, our holy war;
A new romance, a trojan whore!
We will, we will, we will rise again-
This is a fight for the day,
Night, black and white...
A victory dance, a burning riot.

User Image
M A D O C
R H Y D D E R C H
W A R L O W

unsorted │ first year │ halfblood

Madoc hated this. He hated knowing everyone was staring at him, he hated the whole pomp and circumstance of the thing, and he hated the fact that some bloody animated hat was going to decide his future. Like he even cared where he went. He wanted to be in Slytherin with Treva, obviously, but things rarely went his way. Madoc brooded in line with the other first years, and when his name was called his hands curled into tight fists at his sides before he stalked up to the hat and the professor, sitting down on the stool with an annoyed look, and hoping it would be over quickly, like ripping off a band-aid. He hated not being able to see even more, and so shut his eyes completely, scrunching them closed so tightly that they ached. He just wanted to eat and then be left alone. He hated being out in the open like this.

OOC:
((personality in spoiler))
■ TEMPERAMENTAL Madoc has always had a particularly volatile temper. The littlest things seem to set him off and he is prone to violent and seemingly random mood swings. As a child this manifested in the form of uncontrollable tantrums, but as he grew older it settled into violent spurts of rage over minor annoyances and long periods of brooding and seething. Usually accompanied by something getting broken.
■ AGGRESSIVE Much like his sister Treva, Madoc has a nasty habit of picking fights with anyone and everyone, but he is more inclined towards brawls than verbal sparring matches. He perceives many things as insults, typically reads too much into situations, and is always on the offensive, too paranoid to let his guard down. He has a great deal of difficulty calming down a situation, or himself, much to the detriment of himself and the people around him.
■ BLUNT Madoc is brutally honest, and feels he has to be, surrounded by a family that tends to blur the truth more often than not. He doesn't spare anyone's feelings, or ever really attempt to save face, and has no problem stating directly what he thinks, directly to someone's face. He counts his truthful nature as one of his better traits, and while it may be, it certainly doesn't often gain him many friends, as he finds making small talk or sugarcoating things virtually impossible.
■ INTENSE Madoc feels everything very intensely. His feelings often carry him too far, and he rarely considers the repercussions of not getting a-hold of himself, simply because he doesn't know what else to do but ride the proverbial wave to its natural conclusion. Although he'd die before ever letting anyone see him cry, anger isn't the only emotion he feels deeply, like it or not.
■ HOSTILE Madoc generally begins all social interactions with the opinion that, if the other person doesn't dislike him already, they will soon. Naturally, this becomes a self-repeating prophecy. While he doesn't often go out of his way to bully or intimidate others, he's certainly not a very pleasant or even amiable person, and while he avoids people, also hates feeling as though he is being ignored or left out.
■ IMPULSIVE Madoc is extremely reckless and impulsive, and unlike his sister Treva, simply doesn't think. At all. If he regrets his actions, he refuses to admit to it, but he often gives up all responsibility for his choices, claiming privately to himself that he can't control himself. Which is very, very true. He rarely experiences real concrete consequences for his actions, and as such, has no incentive to even attempt any self-restraint.

I am the best, she claimed and more;
A battle scarred conquistador!
We will, we will, we will rise again-
This is a fight for love, lust, hate, desire...
We are the children of the great empire.
Hey, hey, say a prayer.

So much anger in you, boy
You need to learn to channel that aggression
Not let it consume you
You'll be best off in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
One day you see a strange little girl look at you;
One day you see a strange little girl feeling blue.
She'd run to the town one day-
Leaving home and the country fair...
Just beware, when you're there, strange little girl.

User Image
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ FIRST YEAR │ UNSORTED

Finny was so mesmerized by the night sky ceiling high above her head that she gave a little jump when her name was called out, before hurrying up to the stool, murmuring 'excuse me's as she went. She wasn't even that apprehensive of her Sorting, although Celeste had seemed a little out of sorts about it, like she was nervous herself. Sorin had been as unreadable as usual, and Tsubaki... well, from what Finny had seen of the girl during the short boat ride, she came off as slightly... entitled. She doubted the Asian girl was very worried about where she'd go. Finny thought she'd do best in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw; she was no fool, and she thought plenty, even if she didn't chat away 24/7, but she also liked people as well, and considered herself very loyal and hard-working, if given the chance. But she wouldn't be heartbroken if her sorting surprised her, she told herself sternly. It didn't matter where she went, so long as she felt accepted and like she belonged. She closed her eyes the second the hat touched her head.

OOC:
((personality under spoiler))
■ IMAGINATIVE Finny has an extraordinarily detailed and vivid imagination, and is by nature a creative and inventive individual. She's fond of creating whole new worlds and adventures in her head, and is also always eager to try things a different way, even if they're far less likely to work. "What if" is a common refrain heard from her. She enjoys finding ways around problems, no matter how small, and tends to think outside of the box, with mixed results. When presented with a personal obstacle to overcome, or if the end result will benefit someone she cares about, Finny will stop at nothing to imagine a way there.
■ INSIGHTFUL Typically pegged as innocent to the point of gullibility and easy to mislead, Finny is quite the opposite. She possesses the gift of often being able to spot the heart of an issue, and thus cutting through all the unnecessary fibbing and bluffing. Perceptive and earnest, she can see the strings connecting people's motives to their mouths, and this can catch smooth talkers off guard. It's not to say that it's impossible to lie to or trick her, but she comes off as far more naive than she actually is.
■ KIND Finny has always taken 'treat others the way you want to be treated' very seriously. A warm and compassionate person, she genuinely wants to help other people in any way she can. She thinks of it as what you put out in the world coming back to you eventually, so doesn't it make sense to treat other people with gentleness and respect? She likes the idea of equality, and believes most people really do have a silver lining under their dark clouds, even if it's faded or very hard to find. While she rarely immediately opens up around others, Finny has a talent for cultivating lasting, meaningful connections.
■ SENSITIVE A "sensitive" soul, Finny feels things deeply. A sad movie can make her mopey and depressed for the rest of the day, and she'll still be giggling to herself over one joke all week. When what she believes to be true or agrees with is challenged to her face, she tends to completely clamp up. Finny takes criticism personally, and can beat herself up over a comment from someone else that wasn't even meant to offend for a long time afterwards. She despises conflict, and thus tends to bottle up her response to any negativity she encounters.
■ RETICENT Finny is very much an introvert. She likes her time spent alone, though she does love to be with her siblings and close friends. In an environment where she feels comfortable she can be rambunctious and even get herself into trouble, though she is very rarely mischievous on purpose. Extremely soft spoken and private, Finny generally keeps her thoughts and feelings to herself unless the situation is dire. Even so, she's far more likely to speak up the behalf of someone else than for her own benefit.
■ IMPULSIVE While certainly not wild and not very reckless, Finny does tend to jump into the deep end, so to speak. She often misjudges a situation and ends up in over her head, or realizes she really should have thought something through better after the precious vase is broken, etc. She often thinks she can help everything and everyone, and ends up getting herself into trouble that way, eschewing the routine for the irregular. Finny's habit of getting caught up in the moment doesn't always serve her well.

She didn't know how to live in a town that was rough;
It didn't take long before she knew she had enough.
Walking home in her wrapped up world-
She survived but she's feeling old...
And she found all things cold.

No fool, indeed
There's much more to you than meets the eye
Such a sharp and inventive mind
Yes, you're certainly a Meadows, best be

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Yukina101
First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh
User Image
User Image

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi followed her year mates in a long line behind their deputy headmistress feeling her nervous energy transform into nervous anxiety. She had said it didn't matter which house she got, then why was she suddenly so nervous? Maybe it was because she had to face such scrutiny in front of Merlin, God, Buddha and everyone. Why couldn't this be a more private thing?! When they arrived into the Great Hall thankfully her nervousness was abated for a few moments to allow her to stare up at the ceiling in amazement. She wondered if she took a picture, more like hundreds of pictures, and made a collage upon her own ceiling would it look even a tenth as pretty as this one. Probably not, but it wouldn't stop her from attempting. Her daydream was cut short though as her name was suddenly called, the curse of having a last name early in the alphabet she supposes. The girl cautiously went over to the stool hoping upon it and closed her eyes uselessly as the giant hat was placed on her head cutting off her field of vision. 'Ok, this isn't so bad. Just a giant mind reading hat. Nothing out the ordinary here.'

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      ■ DISCIPLINED Which is to say that she is an avid rule-follower. Once a rule or a bar has been set in place she will do her best to not budge or break it.
      ■ BOLD She not only enjoys brighter colors but a brighter lifestyle. She enjoys taking risks and pretending to go on amazing adventures in which the only thing in her possession is a shoelace and a wooden spoon.
      ■ HONORABLE This rather goes with disciplined; Gi never lies. Stretches or withholds the truth, rarely, and only for good reason but never outright lies. Dishonor is something she readily tries to avoid and finds it to be the worst thing a human can be.
      ■ TRUSTING Gi is a very trusting individual, willing to see the absolute best in everyone she meets whether or not they see it within themselves. Once she has gained the trust of someone she is steadfast to keep it and vice versa, once she has given someone her trust she sees them as her very best of friends.
      ■ DAUNTLESS She enjoys dares and playing on the edge, especially if someone says that she can't do it. Her greatest wish in life is to compile a list of things people told her she couldn't do, do them, and then mail the pictures of the completed task to each person.
      ■ SINGLE-MINDED As trusting as Gi is, once the trust has been lost it is nigh impossible to get back. Dishonor and dishonesty are one and the same to her and once both have happened, that person is lower than the dirt of the equator in her mind.

Second thing
Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

Such a chivalrous girl!
You've the makings of the knights of old
Best to put you where brave warriors flourish
For you, it'll be

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

oyehh
User Image

E L I Z A B E T HxxxW H Y T E

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxUNSORTEDxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

While she stood in line waiting, Lizzy stared around the large hall, taking in the gargoyles and the magnificent ceiling with wide eyes. She'd first seen Hogwarts during the boat ride and had been transfixed and now seeing the interior, Lizzy almost forgot about her worries. Of course, they were still there, buzzing from the back of her mind, but she could ignore them for the time being; seeing Hogwarts in person also helped ease her worries somewhat. For now, she had Gi and Drew and the castle seemed big enough that she was sure she could avoid Peter most of the time. Up ahead, Lizzy could see the hat sorting the students before her and couldn't help but smirk; so she was right, back at the clothing store. The idea of a talking hat would have been a bit ridiculous if she wasn't in a magic school at the moment so she didn't care too much about it beyond thinking that it was funny and clever.

Then her name was called, and Lizzy's mind went back for a moment, then her anxiety increased tenfold. What was it that she was glad about again? Yes, friends. Friends, big castle, less Peter, can't be that bad. All the eyes in the hall had turned to her and Lizzy tried to ignore their judgemental weight as she tried to reassure herself enough to walk up to the stool without tripping, having lost any confidence she'd previously gained. She didn't have much of a success: she stumbled and nearly tripped twice and by the time she sat down, her hands were visibly shaking. She looked everywhere but the blue-clad table where she knew her brother was glaring at her before opting to close her eyes to avoid it all instead. Please, just don't me with my brother, she pleaded mentally. Lizzy would take anything other than sharing the same house and dorm with him since it would be nearly impossible to avoid him then.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxGreat Hallxxxxxw i t hxxother students
                                                            f e e l i n gxxanxiousxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        Personality under spoiler
                                                              PERSONALITY TRAITS:
                                                                Creative:
                                                                    Lizzy is very creative and enjoys drawing and sketching anything that catches her eye or imagination. She'd spent a lot of time on her own with nothing but her imagination so she's had to come up with interesting new ideas to think about or draw.

Insecure:
                                                                    For almost all her life, Lizzy's been insulted and put down by her brother, being told that she was useless and worthless, and having most of her things taken and hidden, and being isolated at school. Because of all this, Lizzy has an extremely low self-esteem, to the point where she worries that she is too worthless for anyone to bother befriending her (except for her the rest of her family, but that was their duty anyway).

Meek:
                                                                    Lizzy very quiet when she's around people she isn't freinds with, which is most people. She's also rather weak-willed and gives up easily as she'd rather go with the flow than be stubborn and obsitinate, then there's a smaller chance that she'd be left behind or that she'd drive them away.

Passionate:
                                                                    However weak-willed Lizzy is normally, when it comes to things that she loves, like animals and drawing, she is very passionate and can spend hours on them with no problem, often forgetting about everyone and everything else.

Passive-Agressive:
                                                                    Since actively going arguing with Peter only seemed to make him act worse, Lizzy's learned to avoid him whenever she can and to be passive-aggressive and snarky. Because she was usually quiet, Peter doesn't usually hear her and sometimes even misinterprets Lizzy's reaction, which is just fine by her.

Perceptive:
                                                                    As an artist (as she considers herself to be), Lizzy has a good eye for detail and picks up on things that many people tend to miss. While this is a good thing, she frequently misinterpretes them, usually into something negative

Quick-Tempered:
                                                                    Lizzy had always been a little temperamental, especially when she was younger, and got irritated quickly. While that hasn't really changed, she's learned to swallow her anger down and keep quiet about it, but rather than ignoring what annoys her, she stews silently.

Shy:
                                                                    Lizzy is too shy to approach anyone on her own and is too scared to start a conversation. This mostly stems from her insecurity and self-esteem issues as even if she does try, Lizzy doubts that they'd want to continue tlaking to her.

username

You've nothing to fear, child
Your brother's house is no place for you
A heart that feels as deeply as you do belongs in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

With its many bright lights, a ceiling full of stars, and row upon row of black-robed students, the Great Hall was an impressive sight for the young Faina. Not lost on her was the dais where the teachers sat over the students, a not so subtle reminder of whom was in charge, and they seemed to watch the proceedings as keenly as their charges. Faina was nervous at this point, as she was about to learn where she'd be placed, and despite Rhett's statement to the contrary, she still wasn't convinced there was a place for her. Having a sentient hat making the decision was not something she'd counted on, but Faina decided it was as good as any other method, and probably more interesting for the participants than drawing lots.

When her name was called, Faina was determined not to let her misgivings show on her face, certainly not with the whole school watching her. Drawing a deep breath, mustering as much dignity and courage as an eleven year old could, she strode toward the stool where the Deputy Headmistress awaited with silent determination. She sat down and waited silently as the rim of the hat settled upon the bridge of her nose. 'A talking hat,' she mused silently. 'I'm sure there's a grand tale to be told there. Mine is a simple one: my father was a Hufflepuff, my mother was a Punainen, which makes me a cross between a Badger and a blinded griffin, I suppose. Don't know if it'll help your decision, but there it is. More than anything, I don't wish to be all alone, but I will understand if you cannot find a place for me here.'

Personality:

■ Secretive: Faina doesn’t like giving up any kind of personal information to anyone, especially to those she doesn’t know or trust, not even to venture an opinion or express a like or dislike. Better to stay silent, and let others assume what they will, than open one's mouth and erase all doubts. Unfortunately, it isn’t easy getting her to trust anyone, not early on, and she never accepts anyone at face value.
■ Loyal: Once one gets past her guard, she holds her friendships as sacrosanct. Her word, once given will not be broken; and a trust invoked will not be given up short of a Cruciatus or an Imperious. Her baby sister is the only family she truly has now, and Faina would willingly die to protect her.
■ Cynical: Faina would argue her attitude is one of typical Russian pessimism and practicality, but she is quite prepared to believe the worse of anyone or any given situation, and is given to comment with a sharp tongue as a result. It is better to prepare for a bad outcome and be glad if it turns out better than hope for the best and get dumped on instead. As it is, Faina finds it hard to hang onto any sort of hope that things will get better for her and her little sister.
■ Perceptive: Little gets past Faina’s notice when she’s paying attention to what’s going on around her. Small clues will be seen, and the feelings of others she will file away for future reference. Her attention to detail has aided her in her studies.
■ Hardworking: Nothing comes without a price, this Faina understands well, and shortcuts will get one burned in the end. While she is actually rather book-smart, and could get away with sluffing off, Faina works hard at her schoolwork, as she knows it’s the only way she’ll ever get anywhere in her life.
■ Brave: With her father missing, and likely dead, her mother as good as same, her father’s family doing nothing to aid her and Katya, and her mother’s folk so far away, Faina has learned to face difficulties with a façade of stolid indifference to pain and hardship. If nothing else, she has her little sister she needs to be strong for. Life is tough, be equal to it or drown, is her attitude.

■ Favourite Food: Soup and sandwiches
■ Her collection of books
■ Nice clothes
■ Favourite class: History of Magic
■ Learning new spells

Dislikes:

■ Hates broccoli and Brussel sprouts; they’re clearly the products of sick minds.
■ Girl drama
■ Computers, doesn’t trust them
■ Being teased about her appearance
■ Loud groups

Strengths:
■ Her intelligence and ability to cope
■ Her magic

Weaknesses:

■ Difficulty trusting anyone, especially early on.
■ Her reduced sense of empathy toward others. While she may be aware of the feelings of others around her, she may not bother to take such in consideration. Things are what they are, there’s little point in crying about it.

Fears:

■ The secret about her mother will get out.
■ Being truly alone in the world

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

Ah, my dear, there's a place for everyone
Yours is not that hard to find
You could go many places, but
I think you'll be best off in

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 pm
𝐸𝓂𝓂𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝒹𝑒𝓈

𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 | 𝒰𝓃𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 | 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝒻-𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹

User Image

Wand:
9", Apple, with Coral, unyeilding

Pet:
Edgar the Raven

Outfit:
Unmarked robes

Thoughts:
The Great Hall is amazing.. Just like mum talked about.

Feeling:
Somewhat overwhelmed, but excited.

With:
A bunch of strangers still

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

There she finally was. Hogwarts. Those stories she had listen to and dreamed of being able to attend. The day that she got her letter was the most exciting day of her life. Being sorted would be next. The trip was a bit long for her. All in all, she was ready just to be sorted, eat, meet a couple new people and get some sleep before classes started.

Entering The Great Hall was fantastic. Candles floating above, the decorations, surely the feast and how many students actually attended this school. Emma looked around as the students were going up to be sorted. Every house that was announced, previous students were roar in applause and welcome the new addition with open arms that brought a smile to her face.

"Emma Rhodes!" Her name being called made her snap into attention. She got nervous walking up there feeling eyes following her. Once she got to the stool, she softly sat down and waited her for her house.

*Bookwork: Emma likes books and loves to read. She can go through them like water and will even read the same ones if she has to.
*Curious: She likes to learn new things and try new things. Sometimes that can get her into trouble. That always deals with wanting to know what people think of her, which can hurt if the opinion is bad.
*Diligent: Always punctual with assignments or showing up on time to events. Sometimes too early. Her anxiety gets the better of her.
*Caring: She does care for other people, but may turn her back on people who have hurt her in the past or she knows they want to hurt her or a friend.

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

shinesnowillusion
𝐸𝓂𝓂𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝒹𝑒𝓈

𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 | 𝒰𝓃𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 | 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝒻-𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹

User Image

Wand:
9", Apple, with Coral, unyeilding

Pet:
Edgar the Raven

Outfit:
Unmarked robes

Thoughts:
The Great Hall is amazing.. Just like mum talked about.

Feeling:
Somewhat overwhelmed, but excited.

With:
A bunch of strangers still

There she finally was. Hogwarts. Those stories she had listen to and dreamed of being able to attend. The day that she got her letter was the most exciting day of her life. Being sorted would be next. The trip was a bit long for her. All in all, she was ready just to be sorted, eat, meet a couple new people and get some sleep before classes started.

Entering The Great Hall was fantastic. Candles floating above, the decorations, surely the feast and how many students actually attended this school. Emma looked around as the students were going up to be sorted. Every house that was announced, previous students were roar in applause and welcome the new addition with open arms that brought a smile to her face.

"Emma Rhodes!" Her name being called made her snap into attention. She got nervous walking up there feeling eyes following her. Once she got to the stool, she softly sat down and waited her for her house.

*Bookwork: Emma likes books and loves to read. She can go through them like water and will even read the same ones if she has to.
*Curious: She likes to learn new things and try new things. Sometimes that can get her into trouble. That always deals with wanting to know what people think of her, which can hurt if the opinion is bad.
*Diligent: Always punctual with assignments or showing up on time to events. Sometimes too early. Her anxiety gets the better of her.
*Caring: She does care for other people, but may turn her back on people who have hurt her in the past or she knows they want to hurt her or a friend.

A kind and clever girl, aren't you?
Those brains will be of great service to you
I think you'll do well in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:47 pm
((ooc: thank you Diamond Wales for helping me))

Cheo Aubrey Halley~ Firstyear Muggleborn, unsorted

Cheo stopped fidgeting with his hair and clothes when he saw the night sky on the ceiling, letting out an audible gasp. A few of the other students near him turned in his direction, almost surprised looks on their faces. 'Oh, that's the first sound i've made all day. he realized. He kept to the back of the crowd, it would be awhile until their name was called. Trying to keep his wonder contained, they gazed at the sky; letting go of the world untill all that was left was him, the floating candles, and the void of space. The dull roar of unfamiliar names and words accompanied by clapping barely registered in their ears.

"Cheo Halley." The sound of their name being spoken in a firm voice startled them out of their dissociation and back into reality. They stepped forward and quietly mumbled a "R-right, sorry. I'm sorry, sorry." As they made their way to the Sorting Hat. Their thoughts swarmed as the hat descended, trying not to look a what felt like millions of staring eyes, trying to stem the flow of painful thoughts, trying not to cry in front of people, just trying their best. He screwed his eyes shut, focusing on one thought. "I hope it's enough that i'm trying...No, it has to be enough."

Personality:
=>KINDNESS towards others, regardless of who they are or where they come from has always been a defining feature of Cheo, despite all the things he's endured, and many times going out of his way to help.

=>SENSITIVITY to both his and others' feelings. It comes from a place of not wanting to upset people, and from being very raw, emotionally. several people have likened it to him being a 'crybaby'

=>INDEPENDENCE was instilled in him early on due to neglect and abuse, Cheo knows how to fend for himself, and isn't afraid of being alone for extended periods of time.

=>DETERMINATION to continue going; not so much 'hard working' as cheo is tired out very easily, but a toiling nature to just keep going if it kills him, just to say he can, to say that he didn't give up.

=>sense of JUSTICE and fairness, he tends to root for the underdog. steps into fights that aren't his when he sees another person being bullied, and takes the burden onto himself without question.

=>NAIVETY and innocence that oftentimes acts to his detriment and resembles a kind of gullibility. tends to be more child-like than his peers in some ways, which is sometimes taken advantage of. Cheo is loyal and trusting to a fault and has been made a fool of by both peers and family on more than one occasion.

Galaxy4314

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:35 pm
Oliver Hunter

First Year, Unsorted

The young boy walked into the beautiful Great Hall, bewildered by this new society he was brought into. Just four or five months ago, he could never even imagine this sort of society existed and there he was, traversing what had to be a marvel in the architectural community. It all seemed so surreal and unbelievable. There were so many vivid colors and beautiful decorations that he never experienced before. Coming from such a rough past, Oliver never knew exactly what it was like to see ornate halls filled with tasteful decoration. The most decoration he's ever seen on a wall was a poster of some anime characters on his buddy's wall. Going from that to floating candles was going to take some kind of adjustment. Soon enough it was his turn to go up there for the Sorting. "Alright, time to start my new life," he said joyfully. He sauntered over to the Sorting Hat and took a seat. He didn't know what to expect, but whatever it was, he looked forward to it. It was better than anything his former life had to offer anyway.

Mischievous Oliver is not afraid to go out of his way to start trouble. Whether it be a friendly prank or a devious scheme, Oliver seems to always be the mastermind behind the plot. While he enjoys his life of joking around, the quality of his jokes vary greatly. One can be downright genius, then the next could be a stinker. It almost is a guessing game with him.
Fun-Loving Oliver will go out of his way to have fun. Whether it be in class, in the common room, or in detention; if Oliver has an opportunity to make a situation as fun as possible, he will seize it. What is life when one is not having fun? Enjoyment is what keeps him going during the day when he has to sit through boring classes where his attentiveness starts to fade.
Resourceful Oliver may not always be the sharpest in the tool in the shed in terms of book knowledge, but he is extremely resourceful with his street knowledge. His creativity knows no bounds and he holds an extraordinary ability of taking what he has around him and turning it into something much more.
Decisive but Stubborn It is a blessing and a curse on its own, but Oliver is extremely decisive and will go with what he decides as the best option of attack. This decisiveness leads to stubbornness however because it would take quite a bit to actually sway him from making a critical error, despite all evidence pointing towards that conclusion.
Artistic/Creative He is never afraid to express himself visually via his drawing or doodling. He puts particular emphasis on this lifestyle because he oozes creativity and drawing is when he is at his happiest.
Motivated Oliver can draw motivation from anywhere. He will always see his task through until the end and never quit. His motivations vary from the usual be-the-best attitude all the way down people in his life that hold him to certain expectations. But he is always motivated to finish as well as he can in his duties.

Cara MiaKitty

(OOC: Sorry, no post layout yet. I'm 99% sure that name isn't taken sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Galaxy4314
((ooc: thank you Diamond Wales for helping me))

Cheo Aubrey Halley~ Firstyear Muggleborn, unsorted

Cheo stopped fidgeting with his hair and clothes when he saw the night sky on the ceiling, letting out an audible gasp. A few of the other students near him turned in his direction, almost surprised looks on their faces. 'Oh, that's the first sound i've made all day. he realized. He kept to the back of the crowd, it would be awhile until their name was called. Trying to keep his wonder contained, they gazed at the sky; letting go of the world untill all that was left was him, the floating candles, and the void of space. The dull roar of unfamiliar names and words accompanied by clapping barely registered in their ears.

"Cheo Halley." The sound of their name being spoken in a firm voice startled them out of their dissociation and back into reality. They stepped forward and quietly mumbled a "R-right, sorry. I'm sorry, sorry." As they made their way to the Sorting Hat. Their thoughts swarmed as the hat descended, trying not to look a what felt like millions of staring eyes, trying to stem the flow of painful thoughts, trying not to cry in front of people, just trying their best. He screwed his eyes shut, focusing on one thought. "I hope it's enough that i'm trying...No, it has to be enough."

Personality:
=>KINDNESS towards others, regardless of who they are or where they come from has always been a defining feature of Cheo, despite all the things he's endured, and many times going out of his way to help.

=>SENSITIVITY to both his and others' feelings. It comes from a place of not wanting to upset people, and from being very raw, emotionally. several people have likened it to him being a 'crybaby'

=>INDEPENDENCE was instilled in him early on due to neglect and abuse, Cheo knows how to fend for himself, and isn't afraid of being alone for extended periods of time.

=>DETERMINATION to continue going; not so much 'hard working' as cheo is tired out very easily, but a toiling nature to just keep going if it kills him, just to say he can, to say that he didn't give up.

=>sense of JUSTICE and fairness, he tends to root for the underdog. steps into fights that aren't his when he sees another person being bullied, and takes the burden onto himself without question.

=>NAIVETY and innocence that oftentimes acts to his detriment and resembles a kind of gullibility. tends to be more child-like than his peers in some ways, which is sometimes taken advantage of. Cheo is loyal and trusting to a fault and has been made a fool of by both peers and family on more than one occasion.

Kind and just? Determined?
Aha! Too easy!
Yes, for you it's definitely

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

RedEagleEye007
Oliver Hunter

First Year, Unsorted

The young boy walked into the beautiful Great Hall, bewildered by this new society he was brought into. Just four or five months ago, he could never even imagine this sort of society existed and there he was, traversing what had to be a marvel in the architectural community. It all seemed so surreal and unbelievable. There were so many vivid colors and beautiful decorations that he never experienced before. Coming from such a rough past, Oliver never knew exactly what it was like to see ornate halls filled with tasteful decoration. The most decoration he's ever seen on a wall was a poster of some anime characters on his buddy's wall. Going from that to floating candles was going to take some kind of adjustment. Soon enough it was his turn to go up there for the Sorting. "Alright, time to start my new life," he said joyfully. He sauntered over to the Sorting Hat and took a seat. He didn't know what to expect, but whatever it was, he looked forward to it. It was better than anything his former life had to offer anyway.

Mischievous Oliver is not afraid to go out of his way to start trouble. Whether it be a friendly prank or a devious scheme, Oliver seems to always be the mastermind behind the plot. While he enjoys his life of joking around, the quality of his jokes vary greatly. One can be downright genius, then the next could be a stinker. It almost is a guessing game with him.
Fun-Loving Oliver will go out of his way to have fun. Whether it be in class, in the common room, or in detention; if Oliver has an opportunity to make a situation as fun as possible, he will seize it. What is life when one is not having fun? Enjoyment is what keeps him going during the day when he has to sit through boring classes where his attentiveness starts to fade.
Resourceful Oliver may not always be the sharpest in the tool in the shed in terms of book knowledge, but he is extremely resourceful with his street knowledge. His creativity knows no bounds and he holds an extraordinary ability of taking what he has around him and turning it into something much more.
Decisive but Stubborn It is a blessing and a curse on its own, but Oliver is extremely decisive and will go with what he decides as the best option of attack. This decisiveness leads to stubbornness however because it would take quite a bit to actually sway him from making a critical error, despite all evidence pointing towards that conclusion.
Artistic/Creative He is never afraid to express himself visually via his drawing or doodling. He puts particular emphasis on this lifestyle because he oozes creativity and drawing is when he is at his happiest.
Motivated Oliver can draw motivation from anywhere. He will always see his task through until the end and never quit. His motivations vary from the usual be-the-best attitude all the way down people in his life that hold him to certain expectations. But he is always motivated to finish as well as he can in his duties.

Cara MiaKitty
(OOC: Sorry, no post layout yet. I'm 99% sure that name isn't taken sweatdrop )

Hm... you've got an interesting mind, that's for sure
Could do well most anywhere
That ambition and cunning will take you places, though
Well then! For you it'll be

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 am
User Image
                                                Would you do anything for me? Buy a big diamond ring for me?
                                                Would you get down on your knees for me? Pop that pretty question right now, baby.

🌼 𝑅𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓁𝑒 𝒦𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝐹𝒾𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾 🌼
                                                Unsorted / First Year / Halfblood

Beauty queen on a silver screen. Living life like I'm in a dream.
                                                I know I've got a big ego. I really don't know why it's such a big deal, though.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Rachele followed the other First Years into the castle, through the Great Hall to the end, where the Sorting Hat sat on a stool. She spent the ride to the castle rather quietly, sitting with a few other random students in the boat she chose, falling in line with the others as they marched up to the castle. Once they were in the Great Hall, the girl looked around, taking in her surroundings. It was very beautiful, with the floating candles all around them. Rachel spotted her brother, sitting at the Ravenclaw table with his friend, giving his sister a small wave which she ignored. As the names of her classmates were called out, each being sorted into their houses in turn, she wondered which house she would be placed in. It didn't really matter though, neither one would change the way she studied, how she would go about her daily routines, etc. Finally, it was her turn, Rachel stepping up to the stool and sitting down. When the hat was placed on her head, she took a deep breath, ready to find out where she would be placed.

■ PASSIONATE Rachele has always been a very driven girl. What she wants, she gets, so she has no problem working hard to get there. Her confidence in herself is through the roof. There's nothing she can't do, in her mind. Everything she does, she does it with a passion and fire that keeps her from giving up easily. She's also very romantic, enjoying romance novels over any other style of book.
                                                ■ EGOTISTICAL Rachel thinks extremely highly of herself. She is conceited, especially in her looks and talent. This can make her seem stuck up to some people, but she's not all bad. She's not one to brag. She knows that she's great, so she doesn't care what other people think of her.
                                                ■ DEDICATED Rachele, despite being difficult at times, is as loyal of a friend as they come. As soon as you break her outer shell and get to the girl inside, she'll love you forever. She's an unlikely friend, but if you're lucky enough to call her one, she'll never betray you and always stand by your side.
                                                ■ LOQUACIOUS Rachel loves to talk. In fact, she'll talk even if there's no one there to listen, or if whoever is there is just ignoring her. She likes to hear her own voice, going back to her ego. She also loves to gossip about rumors she's heard. She doesn't go looking to hurt people's feelings with her gossip, but she does love drama.
                                                ■ PROTECTIVE Rachele is very protective of her friends and family. She doesn't have very many friends, so she's going to do anything in her power to keep them. If someone threatens her friends, they might as well run for their lives, because Rachel will take them down, or try to at least. She isn't typically a fighter, but when pushed, she will be.
                                                ■ FASTIDIOUS Rachel has a very close attention to small details. She likes everything to be in perfect order, even her closet is organized by style and color. She has an excellent memory as well, which assists her in her schoolwork. Unfortunately, this causes Rachel to be a bit obsessive over things.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah. All I ever wanted was the world.
                                                I can't help that I need it all. The primadonna life, the rise and fall.
                                                You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault.
                                                Got you wrapped around my finger, babe. You can count on me to misbehave.

🌼 xx 🌼 xx 🌼

OOC: . . .

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games