Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:05 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Odin Moon
User Image

Tanner limped trying to stay off his injured foot. He balanced on one foot when he stopped and lloked around the room eyes glued to the night sky and all of the mystery of the ceiling.

He heard name after name be called, thankful that his mothers had not gone with Zaidi-Oland in the place of his last name. He thought back to his moms. He hoped that he whould do well in their eyes no matter where he was sorted. He looked to all the houses, and swallowed as his name was called. He closed his eyes and took a breath.
Here goes. He thought and walked up to the bench.

Wise He is wise beyond his years, having spent a rather large portion of life grown up in a very troubling environment, he has learned greatly from this. Don�t let that charming little smile fool you. He takes a very harsh look at the realities of muggle living and, sees them as a sad existence in the everyday. His calm manor seeks to illusion people into a state of ease. However, what is just below the surface is something else entirely. Childhood innocents is long gone within him as he has seen much of the cruelties of the world, in a sort of world weary since. Knowledge gained through experiences.

Intelligent His disillusionment to the way the world works is brought out in various way. Most commonly is in his way of emersion into subjects. If you were to ask him any question about whatever he is reading at one time or another, he could not only tell you, he could recite it, almost word for word in the way that he read it. This has caused his language skills to be slightly overwhelming at times, to the point that he was placed in advanced classes in his muggle studies.

Unique He tends to look at the world with a halfcocked view. Watching a portrait of Van Gough with the same sort of eye an expressionist would possess. He tends to see more of the flow of the universe rather than a single part of it, making teaching him a hassle, but in the same breath refreshingly entertaining.

Bookworm He loves to read. To catch him without a book is to see a solar eclipse twice in one day. He loves tales of adventure and travel. The fact that one of his mothers made sure to buy him a library card when he was six because he had read everything that their personal library had to offer him speaks volumes to his obsession. The trick later learned once he began to be tutored in muggle subjects was to work around his current obsession. The current one being much to the dismay of his poor exhausted teachers, is an obscurus.

Bold He is not a person to back down from a fight. This little spitfire is known to use his knowledge to fire off at anyone and everyone that stands in his way. He makes it his mission to be acknowledged as a voice, and doesn't back down when someone tries to challenge him. He loves it in fact.

Strategical He tries to see both sides of the coin as it relates to his life. Just because he takes a stance against someone, doesn't mean he has not calculated his position on the battle field, and in no way does not mean that he has not thought about your next ten moves ahead of time. To him that is part of the fun. Proving that he is right, well that is just icing.

Artistic He loves art, when you take away his books and leave him alone to work, don�t be surprised to find something hand drawn and well-made staring back at you. He loves water color expressionism, and abstract art.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ah, too easy!
No doubt about it, you're a perfect fit for

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Shiny Furret
User Image
                                                Would you do anything for me? Buy a big diamond ring for me?
                                                Would you get down on your knees for me? Pop that pretty question right now, baby.

🌼 𝑅𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓁𝑒 𝒦𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝐹𝒾𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾 🌼
                                                Unsorted / First Year / Halfblood

Beauty queen on a silver screen. Living life like I'm in a dream.
                                                I know I've got a big ego. I really don't know why it's such a big deal, though.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Rachele followed the other First Years into the castle, through the Great Hall to the end, where the Sorting Hat sat on a stool. She spent the ride to the castle rather quietly, sitting with a few other random students in the boat she chose, falling in line with the others as they marched up to the castle. Once they were in the Great Hall, the girl looked around, taking in her surroundings. It was very beautiful, with the floating candles all around them. Rachel spotted her brother, sitting at the Ravenclaw table with his friend, giving his sister a small wave which she ignored. As the names of her classmates were called out, each being sorted into their houses in turn, she wondered which house she would be placed in. It didn't really matter though, neither one would change the way she studied, how she would go about her daily routines, etc. Finally, it was her turn, Rachel stepping up to the stool and sitting down. When the hat was placed on her head, she took a deep breath, ready to find out where she would be placed.

■ PASSIONATE Rachele has always been a very driven girl. What she wants, she gets, so she has no problem working hard to get there. Her confidence in herself is through the roof. There's nothing she can't do, in her mind. Everything she does, she does it with a passion and fire that keeps her from giving up easily. She's also very romantic, enjoying romance novels over any other style of book.
                                                ■ EGOTISTICAL Rachel thinks extremely highly of herself. She is conceited, especially in her looks and talent. This can make her seem stuck up to some people, but she's not all bad. She's not one to brag. She knows that she's great, so she doesn't care what other people think of her.
                                                ■ DEDICATED Rachele, despite being difficult at times, is as loyal of a friend as they come. As soon as you break her outer shell and get to the girl inside, she'll love you forever. She's an unlikely friend, but if you're lucky enough to call her one, she'll never betray you and always stand by your side.
                                                ■ LOQUACIOUS Rachel loves to talk. In fact, she'll talk even if there's no one there to listen, or if whoever is there is just ignoring her. She likes to hear her own voice, going back to her ego. She also loves to gossip about rumors she's heard. She doesn't go looking to hurt people's feelings with her gossip, but she does love drama.
                                                ■ PROTECTIVE Rachele is very protective of her friends and family. She doesn't have very many friends, so she's going to do anything in her power to keep them. If someone threatens her friends, they might as well run for their lives, because Rachel will take them down, or try to at least. She isn't typically a fighter, but when pushed, she will be.
                                                ■ FASTIDIOUS Rachel has a very close attention to small details. She likes everything to be in perfect order, even her closet is organized by style and color. She has an excellent memory as well, which assists her in her schoolwork. Unfortunately, this causes Rachel to be a bit obsessive over things.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah. All I ever wanted was the world.
                                                I can't help that I need it all. The primadonna life, the rise and fall.
                                                You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault.
                                                Got you wrapped around my finger, babe. You can count on me to misbehave.

🌼 xx 🌼 xx 🌼

OOC: . . .

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ah, a lively one, aren't you?
Friendly demeanor, protective nature
Yes, you'll fit right in
For you, it's

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm
((Post style to come soon - short post cuz of finals crying ))

Axel had stayed fairly quiet throughout his whole journey to the school. Only half-awake for most of it, the boy - who had barely gotten any sleep the night before in anticipation for this day - was still extremely groggy by the time the first years were rounded up in front of the Great Hall. Waiting patiently in line for his name to be called, the boy shuffled across the stage and planted himself on the stool when prompted, releasing a big yawn to the crowd as he waited for the judgement to be made.

Personality: Raised to allow his creative side to flourish, Axel has a wild and vivid imagination and incredible creativity, which oftentimes translates into a very flexible mind. Though he may not be the brightest of bulbs, what he lacks in book smarts Axel makes up for in tenacity and spunk. Fun-loving and free spirited, these values instilled in him by his parents makes Axel a bold and willing adventurer that never shies away from good fun, regardless of the rules and regulations in place. This typically gets him into trouble, but more often than not the boy is able to weasel his way out of confrontation (even though his parents always eventually find out about his escapades).

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:33 pm
Elios Nakomi

First Year * Unsorted

Lio's jaw clenched as he let the foreign hat settle on his silver locks. He had studied the process of the students before him, intruiged by the irregular nature of the hat, but it did little to settle his nerves. From what he collected, the hat was somehow able to analyze his personality and properly place him in the house that suited him best. If this was the case, Lio had nothing to worry about; apart from the notion that his entire future in the academy would be decided in this moment.

He let his hands fall into place on his lap and his eyes swept over the crowd, as if taking one last look before he was sentenced to an unimaginable fate. It was an overwhelming feeling, no doubt, but it was also exciting. He didn't learn much about houses since wizards were a rare occurence in his household, but he would be able to build and read no matter were he was assigned to. As long as he cold do these things, it would feel like home.

The somewhat worried look in his green eyes were quickly replaced with anticipation for the better.
Quote:
People can describe me as creative, as I enjoy building what I am able to with only what I can find. In a full house where you have to earn your place, it is natural that I would develop a competitive trait. I like to think of myself as focused because with a goal in mind, I pour all of my energy into it. However, this can also be considered a flaw because I tend to neglect my health when working. My typically flushed cheeks give off the impression that I am submisssive, but I am rather assertive when needed.

ElliottKun

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

If you want it, take it
                                                          I
                                                          should've said it before
                                                          Tried to hide it, fake it
                                                          I can't
                                                          pretend anymore

Rein bounced into the great hall with a look of wonder on her face. She was more than excited to be part of this new school. When her name was called, she walked quietly to the provided stool and sat, with her ankles crossed politely. The hat plopped onto her head and she waited silently. 'I do hope I fit in wherever you put me mister hat.'

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ■ CALM She keeps a calm cool exterior that often makes people think she is cold and uncaring. This is the total opposite of what she actually is though. She cares to much for her own good. She wants to be everywhere at once and help everyone.
                                                              ■ QUIZZICAL Rein finds others to be rather puzzling and amusing. She herself is the same though. She likes riddles and puzzles. She never speaks in full but instead lets others figure out what she means. She keeps people guessing
                                                              ■ QUIET Rein is not a big talker. She likes to keep her head down and let others do what they need to do, but that doesn't mean she won't stick up for her friends to the end. She just will do it quietly without getting herself indicated in the crime.
                                                              ■ INTELLIGENT Rein is very intelligent. Learning comes so easy to her and she finds books fascinating. She is much more likely to be found in the library or talking with a professor on a saturday afternoon than outside... not to say she doesn't like being outside. She's been hiking and adventuring since she was little... learning all there is to know about the world.
                                                              ■ CHILDLIKE Rein is immature at best. She was raised in a very confined house and never let to experience the world outside her parents' view. So she still holds a child like innocence and naive view on the world.
                                                              ■ CREATIVE She is very creative.
                                                              She loves to paint and draw and write. Anything that lets those juices flow and lets her make something beautiful for the rest of the world to experience.
                                                              These talents come rather naturally to her.

I only wanna die alive
                                                          Never by the hands of a broken heart
                                                          I don't wanna hear you lie tonight
                                                          Now that I've
                                                          become who I really are

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽𝒆𝓭 ℱ𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓨𝒆𝓪𝓻

Lena was... more than a bit nervous. She had spent the entire train ride buried in her school books, and so had avoided talking to people. She didn't mind people, but she was too jittery about leaving her parents for several months. She'd never been to any sort of boarding school before, and her one time at a stay-away camp had been miserable. When they arrived at the station, she bid Oliver goodbye and hurried off to join all the other first years. They climbed into boats and crossed a lake to the ominous looking castle, then went inside. They were told a bit about sorting, then led into a giant Hall with a ton of people. Suddenly, Lena felt very small. Oh well. She stood and watched until her name was called, then she hurried to the front to be sent to her new house.

Personality:
xxxxx⤔Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Lena is a very bright girl, one that usually always has the answers. She is always prepared to engage in a battle of wits... or just do her homework, though it usually defaults to the latter.
xxxxx⤔Bᴏᴏᴋɪsʜ: Lena almost always has her nose in a book, and she's always have read ahead in her classes. If she's not busy, she'll be tucked in the library, often in a nest of sorts. She's a very cozy person, and will normally pop out of her book-induced reverie to converse if needed.
xxxxx⤔Hᴜᴍʙʟᴇ: Despite her achievements, Lena is never one to brag. She won't ever say she's better than anyone, nor will she ever pretend to be more than she is. This often shows as a very polite personality, and she tries to boost others up so they always feel better about themselves.
xxxxx⤔Cᴀʀᴇꜰᴜʟ: Lena is very picky about how she does things, occasionally leading her to be a bit of a perfectionist. She is terribly careful about everything, from homework to footfalls, and she's always thinking three or more steps ahead.
xxxxx⤔Pᴜɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ: Lena is always early to everything. If ever she finds herself late, she tends to fall to spells of guilt and occasionally grief. She is on time at the latest, and she feels it her persional mission to prove her timeliness.
xxxxx⤔Aᴛʜʟᴇᴛɪᴄ: Despite her bookishness, Lena loves running about and moving. She's even taught herself to read while jogging! When she's not tucked into her little reading nests, she's getting her exercise in.

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ's ᴀ-ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ. Tᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝒆, 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝒇𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓼𝓴𝔂

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

vampiregrl1

Beloved Pumpkin

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:42 pm
User Image
Alexa George
{Muggle Born} {First Year} {Unsorted}
Alexa George shuffled into the Great Halll with the rest of the first years, looking around she could see the older students watching with interest, some making bets about who would and would not be in their houses. Listening to names as they were called, Alexa looked around the hall of the castle she had spent the better part of the summer researching, it had seemed all like a dream as they bought her books and supplies. Even being on the train had been like a dream, it wasn't until she stood surrounded by professors and students that it became real.
"Alexa George" With a sigh Alexa made her way to the front, not hoping for any specific house like most were, but simply hoping she was sorted at all.

People can describe me asgentle. My mother always says I wouldn't hurt a fly, even if it were to bite me. I've always been the girl who looked out for my friends and little brother, even before my self. That being said I've also been in need of being looked after, as I seem to make a fairly good target for those who have to put others down to feel important. Not that I really let it bother me, I tend to lose my self in my reading or sketching when those times arise. [/spoiler

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:28 pm
User Image
                                                                I'm broke but I'm happy
                                                                I'm poor but I'm kind
                                                                I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
                                                                I'm high but I'm grounded
                                                                I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
                                                                I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? First years
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted, whatever that is.
                                                                What am I thinking? Okay, so you choose where I go?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Tyler took a seat on the stool, frowning as he waited for the hat to descend on his head. He was literally new to the idea of magic, and he didn't know where exactly he was going to be put. He guessed that this was to determine which dorm he'd have for his time at school, but that was about it. He thought for a moment after the hat had been put on, then decided to think to it, 'Is it possible that maybe I could ask you about the school after the sorting? Maybe it'd help me understand this place better.'

Quote:
                                                                ✚Intelligent - I'm quite intelligent. I can solve problems pretty easily, and have no problem with grasping difficult concepts. I also have no problem with finding new concepts to ideas that people have trouble with, although problems arise when I am asked to concentrate for long periods of time.
                                                                ✚Patient - I am also quite patient, understanding that sometimes things take time and I am willing to wait to see what happens as a result. There are times when I do get impatient, but those times are very few and far between. Most of the time I take my time doing things so they're done thoroughly.
                                                                ✚Studious - Because of my issues with focus, I don't mind studying quite hard to get to where I want to go. I look at everything I can in a subject, and don't mind going back through to be thorough. It helps me to retain what I learn easier as a result, and don't like being rushed when I'm studying, nor do I like cram sessions.
                                                                ✚Persistent - When I want to do something, I do it, and won't stop until it's completed to my satisfaction. I guess in a way you can call that perfectionist, but I don't see it that way. I would rather make sure that something is done right, and done right the first time, and will continuously work on something until I can make it that way.
                                                                ✚Spacey - There are times, admittedly, when I lose focus. I will occasionally space out for minutes at a time and not recall what is said around me. During these times, I can become quite frustrated with myself as a result, and don't appreciate it when people poke fun of me in these moments. I would rather be able to go back over what I may have missed as a result of my spacey moments.

OOC:

And what it all comes down to
                                                                Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
                                                                'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
                                                                And the other one is giving the peace sign

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

ElliottKun
Elios Nakomi

First Year * Unsorted

Lio's jaw clenched as he let the foreign hat settle on his silver locks. He had studied the process of the students before him, intruiged by the irregular nature of the hat, but it did little to settle his nerves. From what he collected, the hat was somehow able to analyze his personality and properly place him in the house that suited him best. If this was the case, Lio had nothing to worry about; apart from the notion that his entire future in the academy would be decided in this moment.

He let his hands fall into place on his lap and his eyes swept over the crowd, as if taking one last look before he was sentenced to an unimaginable fate. It was an overwhelming feeling, no doubt, but it was also exciting. He didn't learn much about houses since wizards were a rare occurence in his household, but he would be able to build and read no matter were he was assigned to. As long as he cold do these things, it would feel like home.

The somewhat worried look in his green eyes were quickly replaced with anticipation for the better.
Quote:
People can describe me as creative, as I enjoy building what I am able to with only what I can find. In a full house where you have to earn your place, it is natural that I would develop a competitive trait. I like to think of myself as focused because with a goal in mind, I pour all of my energy into it. However, this can also be considered a flaw because I tend to neglect my health when working. My typically flushed cheeks give off the impression that I am submisssive, but I am rather assertive when needed.

Hm, interesting
Competitive, eh? And focused?
With an aptitude for creation, and a love of reading
You'll find plenty of chances to do both
I think you'll do well in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

If you want it, take it
                                                          I
                                                          should've said it before
                                                          Tried to hide it, fake it
                                                          I can't
                                                          pretend anymore

Rein bounced into the great hall with a look of wonder on her face. She was more than excited to be part of this new school. When her name was called, she walked quietly to the provided stool and sat, with her ankles crossed politely. The hat plopped onto her head and she waited silently. 'I do hope I fit in wherever you put me mister hat.'

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ■ CALM She keeps a calm cool exterior that often makes people think she is cold and uncaring. This is the total opposite of what she actually is though. She cares to much for her own good. She wants to be everywhere at once and help everyone.
                                                              ■ QUIZZICAL Rein finds others to be rather puzzling and amusing. She herself is the same though. She likes riddles and puzzles. She never speaks in full but instead lets others figure out what she means. She keeps people guessing
                                                              ■ QUIET Rein is not a big talker. She likes to keep her head down and let others do what they need to do, but that doesn't mean she won't stick up for her friends to the end. She just will do it quietly without getting herself indicated in the crime.
                                                              ■ INTELLIGENT Rein is very intelligent. Learning comes so easy to her and she finds books fascinating. She is much more likely to be found in the library or talking with a professor on a saturday afternoon than outside... not to say she doesn't like being outside. She's been hiking and adventuring since she was little... learning all there is to know about the world.
                                                              ■ CHILDLIKE Rein is immature at best. She was raised in a very confined house and never let to experience the world outside her parents' view. So she still holds a child like innocence and naive view on the world.
                                                              ■ CREATIVE She is very creative.
                                                              She loves to paint and draw and write. Anything that lets those juices flow and lets her make something beautiful for the rest of the world to experience.
                                                              These talents come rather naturally to her.

I only wanna die alive
                                                          Never by the hands of a broken heart
                                                          I don't wanna hear you lie tonight
                                                          Now that I've
                                                          become who I really are

Fit in, you will, my dear!
But where to put you?
Ah, yes. I think you'll find yourself right at home in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image

𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽𝒆𝓭 ℱ𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓨𝒆𝓪𝓻

Lena was... more than a bit nervous. She had spent the entire train ride buried in her school books, and so had avoided talking to people. She didn't mind people, but she was too jittery about leaving her parents for several months. She'd never been to any sort of boarding school before, and her one time at a stay-away camp had been miserable. When they arrived at the station, she bid Oliver goodbye and hurried off to join all the other first years. They climbed into boats and crossed a lake to the ominous looking castle, then went inside. They were told a bit about sorting, then led into a giant Hall with a ton of people. Suddenly, Lena felt very small. Oh well. She stood and watched until her name was called, then she hurried to the front to be sent to her new house.

Personality:
xxxxx⤔Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ: Lena is a very bright girl, one that usually always has the answers. She is always prepared to engage in a battle of wits... or just do her homework, though it usually defaults to the latter.
xxxxx⤔Bᴏᴏᴋɪsʜ: Lena almost always has her nose in a book, and she's always have read ahead in her classes. If she's not busy, she'll be tucked in the library, often in a nest of sorts. She's a very cozy person, and will normally pop out of her book-induced reverie to converse if needed.
xxxxx⤔Hᴜᴍʙʟᴇ: Despite her achievements, Lena is never one to brag. She won't ever say she's better than anyone, nor will she ever pretend to be more than she is. This often shows as a very polite personality, and she tries to boost others up so they always feel better about themselves.
xxxxx⤔Cᴀʀᴇꜰᴜʟ: Lena is very picky about how she does things, occasionally leading her to be a bit of a perfectionist. She is terribly careful about everything, from homework to footfalls, and she's always thinking three or more steps ahead.
xxxxx⤔Pᴜɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ: Lena is always early to everything. If ever she finds herself late, she tends to fall to spells of guilt and occasionally grief. She is on time at the latest, and she feels it her persional mission to prove her timeliness.
xxxxx⤔Aᴛʜʟᴇᴛɪᴄ: Despite her bookishness, Lena loves running about and moving. She's even taught herself to read while jogging! When she's not tucked into her little reading nests, she's getting her exercise in.

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ's ᴀ-ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ. Tᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝒆, 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝒇𝓵𝔂, 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓼𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓼𝓴𝔂

Ah, this will be easy enough!
No need to be nervous, dear
You're a perfect fit for

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

vampiregrl1
User Image
Alexa George
{Muggle Born} {First Year} {Unsorted}
Alexa George shuffled into the Great Halll with the rest of the first years, looking around she could see the older students watching with interest, some making bets about who would and would not be in their houses. Listening to names as they were called, Alexa looked around the hall of the castle she had spent the better part of the summer researching, it had seemed all like a dream as they bought her books and supplies. Even being on the train had been like a dream, it wasn't until she stood surrounded by professors and students that it became real.
"Alexa George" With a sigh Alexa made her way to the front, not hoping for any specific house like most were, but simply hoping she was sorted at all.

People can describe me asgentle. My mother always says I wouldn't hurt a fly, even if it were to bite me. I've always been the girl who looked out for my friends and little brother, even before my self. That being said I've also been in need of being looked after, as I seem to make a fairly good target for those who have to put others down to feel important. Not that I really let it bother me, I tend to lose my self in my reading or sketching when those times arise.

And why wouldn't you be sorted, my dear?
That's my job, isn't it?
No need to fret, let's have a look
Kind, ah, yes! And protective, but not of yourself?
You just need to be in better company
Yes, I think it's best if you go to

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:21 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Red Hot Missy
User Image
                                                                I'm broke but I'm happy
                                                                I'm poor but I'm kind
                                                                I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
                                                                I'm high but I'm grounded
                                                                I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
                                                                I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? First years
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted, whatever that is.
                                                                What am I thinking? Okay, so you choose where I go?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Tyler took a seat on the stool, frowning as he waited for the hat to descend on his head. He was literally new to the idea of magic, and he didn't know where exactly he was going to be put. He guessed that this was to determine which dorm he'd have for his time at school, but that was about it. He thought for a moment after the hat had been put on, then decided to think to it, 'Is it possible that maybe I could ask you about the school after the sorting? Maybe it'd help me understand this place better.'

Quote:
                                                                ✚Intelligent - I'm quite intelligent. I can solve problems pretty easily, and have no problem with grasping difficult concepts. I also have no problem with finding new concepts to ideas that people have trouble with, although problems arise when I am asked to concentrate for long periods of time.
                                                                ✚Patient - I am also quite patient, understanding that sometimes things take time and I am willing to wait to see what happens as a result. There are times when I do get impatient, but those times are very few and far between. Most of the time I take my time doing things so they're done thoroughly.
                                                                ✚Studious - Because of my issues with focus, I don't mind studying quite hard to get to where I want to go. I look at everything I can in a subject, and don't mind going back through to be thorough. It helps me to retain what I learn easier as a result, and don't like being rushed when I'm studying, nor do I like cram sessions.
                                                                ✚Persistent - When I want to do something, I do it, and won't stop until it's completed to my satisfaction. I guess in a way you can call that perfectionist, but I don't see it that way. I would rather make sure that something is done right, and done right the first time, and will continuously work on something until I can make it that way.
                                                                ✚Spacey - There are times, admittedly, when I lose focus. I will occasionally space out for minutes at a time and not recall what is said around me. During these times, I can become quite frustrated with myself as a result, and don't appreciate it when people poke fun of me in these moments. I would rather be able to go back over what I may have missed as a result of my spacey moments.

OOC:

And what it all comes down to
                                                                Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
                                                                'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
                                                                And the other one is giving the peace sign

No time for questions, I'm afraid
Or answers, at least from me
There are plenty of places to find them, though
You'll certainly find the answers you seek in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Great Hall - Sorting Ceremony
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFirst Year Students
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ιf уσυ ωєяє fαℓℓιиg, тнєи ι ωσυℓ∂ ¢αт¢н уσυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          уσυ иєє∂ α ℓιgнт, ι'∂ fιи∂ α мαт¢нxxxxxxxxx
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє тнє ωαу уσυ ѕαу gσσ∂ мσяиιиgxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αмxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι'∂ вυу уσυ яσgαιиє ωнєи уσυ ѕтαят ℓσѕιиg αℓℓ уσυя нαιя
                                                          xxxxxxѕєω σи ραт¢нєѕ тσ αℓℓ уσυ тєαя
                                                          xxxxxxxxx'¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє уσυ мσяє тнαи ι ¢συℓ∂ єνєя ρяσмιѕє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGreat Hall - Sorting
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxThe Sorting Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNot Like Himself
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωє ωσυℓ∂ ѕιиg αи∂ ∂αи¢є αяσυи∂xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вє¢αυѕє ωє киσω ωє ¢αи'т вє fσυи∂xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'∂ ℓιкє тσ вє υи∂єя тнє ѕєαxxxxxx
                                                          ιи αи σ¢тσρυѕ'ѕ gαя∂єи ιи тнє ѕнα∂єxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSherwood had been getting increasingly more and more nervous as the night progressed. The boat ride had been almost pleasant, but he'd been far too anxious to truly enjoy the experience. Honestly, he just wanted this over and done with, immediately. Walking from the boathouse to the castle, and then waiting in the antechamber, felt like torture. He was torn between wishing his last name started with an A so it would be over faster, and a Z so that hopefully everyone would be long since bored with sorting by the time he got to the hat and no one noticed him. Unfortunately, it started with M, so he was smack dab in the middle.

spaceThe first year could feel himself breathing too hard as they walked into the great hall. He wanted to try and find his sisters, but he couldn't seem to focus on anything long enough to manage it. Every spot of pink or blue drew his attention, only to find it was the wrong spot. Or was it, because the room was spinning and he could've been looking at Finny, or he could've just imagined it was her. Was that Chrys, or an odd pink blob of nothing in his peripheral? He had no clue.

spaceWhen his name was finally called, it was like a switch went off; he heard it, and responded as he should've, by walking to the stool and sitting on it. But, his mind didn't feel like it was inside his body. He felt rather like he was having an out of body experience, or what he imagined that sort of thing felt like, anyway. It didn't feel like him anymore, sitting on that stool, but rather that his body was there, and he was not. He could still feel all his anxiety, but it seemed like it was happening to an altogether different person. He didn't like it, but he couldn't seem to feel like he didn't like it. Frowning, he whispered to the hat to make this quick, so that he could just go sit at his table and be done with it.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxωє ωσυℓ∂ ѕнσυт αи∂ ѕωιм αвσυт
                                                          xxxxxxтнє ¢σяαℓ тнαт ℓιєѕ вєиєαтн тнє ωανєѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxσн ωнαт נσу fσя єνєяу gιяℓ αи∂ вσу
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxкиσωιиg тнєу'яє нαρρу αи∂ тнєу'яє ѕαfє

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

SOFT-SPOKEN
                                                          xxx»» Having an older sister with a rather loud mouth, Sherwood has grown more than accustomed to letting her speak for him. He finds that he would much rather whisper in her ear and have her relay his words than speak up himself. This can’t quite be said to be a bad thing, though, considering that his speaking voice naturally tends to be quiet, and he’s often hard to hear. He also tries to speak in a positive manner, often creating a tangled web of confusing statements to try and make something bad sound good. He’s not particularly fond of negative language, and tries to avoid it when possible.

WHIMSICAL
                                                          xxx»» Sherwood is always one for a flight of fancy; he’s not overly fond of actual adventures, particularly not when they’re apparently dangerous, but he’ll listen for hours to his sisters tell him stories. He gets very caught up in tales of daring do and the like, the more fantastical the better. He likes to hum theme music as his sisters tell their stories, and insists that the scary ones are best told on stormy nights. He likes to dance and sing and generally act like a total goofball, much to the amusement of his sisters.

SHY
                                                          xxx»» In general, Sher is very introverted and withdrawn, and finds people exhausting, particularly if they are loud and extremely outgoing (with the obvious exception of his eldest sister). He’s not very fond of speaking to strangers, or really anyone except his immediate family. Even his cousins and grandparents get the silent treatment from him. He finds meeting new people to be anxiety-inducing and somewhat terrifying. He would much rather keep to himself and his sisters than try to make friends. Considering how rarely he’s presented with the opportunity, he fails to see a problem with this.

POLITE
                                                          xxx»» Of all the Meadows children, Sherwood is perhaps the one who shows this trait the most. While he finds meeting strangers to be nerve-wracking, he will always find a way to tamp down his anxiety and treat them with the utmost respect and speak as politely as possible. He’s very careful in his actions, both because he dislikes being abrasive and because he finds it simpler than anything else. His manners are impeccable, especially for such a young child, and he’ll often be found lecturing his oldest sibling on her own behavior.

CURIOUS
                                                          xxx»» While not particularly adventurous, Sherwood is very curious. He’d rather make his discoveries between the pages of a book than out in the real world, but makes up for it by consuming everything he can, to know as much as he can. He doesn’t have any real need for the knowledge, he just likes having it. As a result, he’s often quick with random trivia and interesting, if seemingly useless, facts, about just about any subject you can imagine. He’ll pour for hours over books if so much as the title sparks his interest, and rarely allows anything to be left alone if he finds it interesting.

CLEVER
                                                          xxx»» Sherwood is quick-thinking and exceptionally bright. He is often quick to find plotholes in stories, and even quicker to come up with a theory on how things could have worked better. He’s very astute, reading people easily in spite of not knowing much about how to interact with them. He’s quick to notice little details that some people miss, and often has thought of a solution for a problem before he even voices that he noticed one. He likes to fix things, and will seek out a way to do so if he thinks it will be helpful or useful to someone else.

u s e r n a m e

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games