Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

Dark_Legend94

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:01 pm
I think Rob will do a great job! I've watched 2 movies with him in it. 1. Harry Potter GOF and 2. The Haunted Airman. I mean sure everyone knows him as Cedric Diggory or the Dead guy from the Harry Potter series but now everyone will know him as Edward Cullen, the Vampire! I'm just a little concern about his accent... as much as I love his British accent - he won't have it in the movie... I hope he can pull off an American accent. he has read Twilight and the other two so I give him points on that unlike Kristen where she hasn't even read the book or even heard of it until she got the role... but she'll do a good job as well - I'm pretty sure of it! ^^

sweatdrop 3nodding :]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:22 pm
I'm not really sure on what to think about the casting. I hope he does well at portraying Edward.

My only worry is the script writer and the director. If they do a good job at going along with the book, which really shouldn't be too hard, then I'll be very happy.

However, Hollywood has sadly come out with bad movies based on books lately, which kind of scares me.

Two prime examlpls of this buchery is the movies Blood & Chocolate and Eragon. I only wish the author of books has a say in how the movie gose.  

HoshiOdessa

Hobobob77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:43 pm
im not sure who they chose for edward is the right person but i think he will be able to full fill the role  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:33 pm
From what I've seen so far of him, I'm pretty impressed. I'm not making any judgments until I see the movie. but I can see what they were thinking when they cast him. I can't find very many good pictures of him, but it really brought things together for me when I saw him in action. I'm just going to approach the movie with the attitude of not comparing the book to the movie. Because if I did compare, I know I wouldn't like it. Anyway, just my opinion.  

Captain Jacky Sparr

XxCloud_Of_DeathxX

Durem Bloodsucker

12,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:46 pm
I have nothing against him, he's cute, but he's not GODLIKE like Edward. He may be a good actor but he's not beautiful enough to play him!!! gonk gonk gonk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 am
hes inda hot but how could any actor live up to the standards of the fans for edward cullen, we dream about him for god sakes!  

copperkiki

Lindini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 am
i honestly just think he's not a good edward. he's not at ALL how i picture edward in my head, and he looks constipated most of the time!

and what is this "chemistry" that all of these people are seeing? whenever i see clips of him and kristen together they look awkward as hell!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:50 am
I can see your point Lindini and i also agree to the fact that he isn't good enough to be playing as Edward. I was dumbstruck when i found out who was playing Edward, plus the reference picture on the site didn't help much either. He is far from god-like. Plus his jaw is WAY to wide to be called a person with perfection. Looking at it now, i can see why people were so hung up about Gaspard not getting the part [I had imagined Edward like that when i first read the books and when i saw pictures of Gaspard, my jaw dropped to the floor and i just pointed aimlessly at the screen croaking out "Edward!!"] but i have seen some footage on YouTube from the movie and i think that Rob's going to surprise us. At least i hope he is. Once this has been made into a movie, they're not going to make another version so i guess we best make the most of it.

Come on Robert! Don't let us all down! If you screw this up then you're going to have a HUGE decrease the the number of fans you have scream

-Grumbles- Psshh. Not even God-like.... sweatdrop

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:06 pm
Pffffttttt!!! HE'S BLOODY PERFECT!! scream God, he's going to do such an AMAZING job as Edward! Screw all you doubters! talk2hand He WILL pull through! JUST YOU WATCH!! And then all who doubted will be saying "We were wrong about him! He WAS good!" And then I shall laugh at you! twisted *is obviously a Robert fan*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 am
There is no actor in the world that could fulfull every single reader's image of Edward...so of course there are gunna be loads of unhappy people. that's the beauty of books..you can make the characters look however you want them to. I don't think it matters how he looks, just how he acts. It's a person's attitude and personality that makes them attractive, not just how they look. Until I see the movie I'm not going to judge Robert, you can't judge someone on their other roles either because the roles will be different. However, I do love that crooked smile he does when he says "you shouldn't have said that." heart  

Shadow__Dweller

Nikoru-chan54

3,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:22 pm
EEEWWWWW, they could have picked a hotter guy for Edward scream ! actually, the way i pictured edward was like Light Yagami or slightly Drake Bell, but definately NOT Robert Pattinson (i probably spelled the name wrong, but he's not worthy enough for me to really care.) stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 am
At first i thought Robert Pattinson was a bad choice. He is nothing close to Edward Cullen. To me he looks so ugly that it kinda put me off the Twilight Movie craze.
But there is a slight chance that he may be good at acting the role of Edward Cullen.
But overall, there are still so many good looking and talented guys in this world so i still think he is ugly compared to some others.  

Naja-chan

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am
"he is nothing close to Edward"....no one knows what edward looks like!! All of you have your own idea in your head and no human on earth could ever fill that image in your heads.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:36 pm
i wouldve liked it aaron johnson played edward, but with robert u use wut u have, no mater if he isnt the "real edward" as some unsatisfied people think it, i want to enjoy the movie because we get to see the love story come on the big screen.anyway if people dont like it wel they should remake it when they have the money and stuff with the actors they want and make theyre own movie instead of whining about who wouldve been beter.anyway i cant wait til the movie comes out , plus robert does have some edward'ish look and really does some good facial expressions, well i hope that he dazzles me in the big screen and proves some unsatisfied fans wrong.peace.  

lizberetta

Sylvie Windren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:04 pm
Shadow__Dweller
There is no actor in the world that could fulfull every single reader's image of Edward...so of course there are gunna be loads of unhappy people. that's the beauty of books..you can make the characters look however you want them to. I don't think it matters how he looks, just how he acts. It's a person's attitude and personality that makes them attractive, not just how they look. Until I see the movie I'm not going to judge Robert, you can't judge someone on their other roles either because the roles will be different. However, I do love that crooked smile he does when he says "you shouldn't have said that." heart

You took all the words right out of my mouth. And I'm sure Stephanie Meyers was able to give her input, so he can't be THAT totally off. All that matters in the end is the acting for me.
and yeah...that crooked smile gets me every time. XD

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces