Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
What are you reading right NOW? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:15 am

Currently reading the Ga'Hoole series (on The Hatching right now!), plus The Hunger Games (the first book was simply AMAZING), and Vampire Academy. The Vampire Academy books are pretty legit, and I'm on the second book...

So I guess the list is:

The Hatching
Catching Fire
Frostbite

:3 All those series are really great, and I'd recommend them to everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:05 pm
Talon StarDrifter

Currently reading the Ga'Hoole series (on The Hatching right now!), plus The Hunger Games (the first book was simply AMAZING), and Vampire Academy. The Vampire Academy books are pretty legit, and I'm on the second book...

So I guess the list is:

The Hatching
Catching Fire
Frostbite

:3 All those series are really great, and I'd recommend them to everyone!

Idk how you can read 3 books during the same time. I would just get way too confused, but props to you. xd As for the books, I've never heard of any of them. Lol. stressed  

Miss_Marissa315
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 am

XD Teehee, meh, I don't really start all at once. I usually fly through one, then immediately start on the other.

I finished The Hatchling ||thought it was Hatching, but I was wrong >>;;|| and Frostbite, so I'm on Catching Fire now...

*w*

BTW, Otu, if you're reading this, I'm really starting to dislike the Guardian series... >>;; The Hatchling was so off from the previous books that it was almost painful to read. Especially when I realized that Coryn is now the central character, rather than Soren and the gang. Then I moved on to The Outcast, and I disliked that one even more... >>;; I like Coryn and all (love his name, btw), but Soren is my favorite. And to have Lasky rush into the whole mate and brood thing with him really killed me... And the band became part of the parliament, and Boron and Barran died, and now the owls have a king. :/ The whole plot from the first six books ended after Kludd's death, and now this whole "king" thing came out of nowhere and it's just killing me. :/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 am
Talon StarDrifter

XD Teehee, meh, I don't really start all at once. I usually fly through one, then immediately start on the other.

I finished The Hatchling ||thought it was Hatching, but I was wrong >>;;|| and Frostbite, so I'm on Catching Fire now...

*w*

BTW, Otu, if you're reading this, I'm really starting to dislike the Guardian series... >>;; The Hatchling was so off from the previous books that it was almost painful to read. Especially when I realized that Coryn is now the central character, rather than Soren and the gang. Then I moved on to The Outcast, and I disliked that one even more... >>;; I like Coryn and all (love his name, btw), but Soren is my favorite. And to have Lasky rush into the whole mate and brood thing with him really killed me... And the band became part of the parliament, and Boron and Barran died, and now the owls have a king. :/ The whole plot from the first six books ended after Kludd's death, and now this whole "king" thing came out of nowhere and it's just killing me. :/

I actually really like those books with Coryn in them, mainly because Otulissa became a bigger character. XD;; But I know what you mean; I was REALLY annoyed with Lasky when Soren had a mate out of the blue. Pelli just... appeared out of nowhere. And they introduced her in like one paragraph, saying Soren saved her and now all of a sudden they are in love ? sweatdrop That just annoyed me...

And when Boron and Barran died I cried; I am not kidding, I really did...  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I do like Coryn, but I dunno, the whole thing just seems too different. I mean, The Hatchling was the first time I even heard about Hoole's Ember, and then there's a main character change, and, I do like Otulissa, but I like Soren better. >>;;

Also, whenever the book switched back to Otulissa, Lasky made it seem like YEARS had passed since the ending of the sixth book. I mean, the whole tone made it seem as if the band & the chaw had aged considerably, with Otulissa referring to Coryn as "young'un" and whatnot. I don't really know how to explain it, but the whole thing feels wrong to me. :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 am
Oh, I know what you mean. I think they did a time-skip thing; they all did seem to become so much more mature! Soren got a mate... That really threw me off... eek  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Srsly.

I can't wait to go to the library today. :] I need to find me a new series, since I finished the first two books of The Hunger Games. You should try those, btw, they're FABULOUS. Really engrossing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:39 am
Talon StarDrifter

Srsly.

I can't wait to go to the library today. :] I need to find me a new series, since I finished the first two books of The Hunger Games. You should try those, btw, they're FABULOUS. Really engrossing.
My friend loves the Hunger Games! I really should start it; it's on my list of to-reads. XD;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 pm

It's actually pretty sad, though I think it's phenomenal. Starts with The Hunger Games and continues in Catching Fire. The next book comes out in September, I believe. >>;; I WANT IT TO COME OUT ALREADY.

But I've been saying the same for the last book in the Inheritance Cycle for the past two years now...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 am
I hope the last book in Inheritance comes out. Soon. XD;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm

I know, right? I mean, honestly, it's been long enough, Paolini!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:13 pm
I've been waiting forever too! I mean, seriously! Paolini said it would end with the third one... But now, there's a fourth one. And it's not over.

But I finished reading the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind, and it is the perfect way to wait for the Inheritence series to end. You all should check it out!  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Omigah, no need! I finished it a couple of years ago.

whee

I must agree, many people should check it out, because that series was simply EPIC. <3 Terry Goodkind sure knows how to write a book... XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:30 am
Oh, I read the first book in that series, a long while ago, and I don't believe I ever got the chance to finish it. XD;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Oh, you poor thing! XD

It's a rather long series, and some of the characters' speeches can stretch for several pages, but if you want something stirring and interesting of the fantasy kind, the Sword of Truth series is the way to go. :]

•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff