Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlindingTwilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:17 pm
Hello all, I'm BlindingTwilight, though just Twilight is fine. I'm really happy to now be a part of this guild; I saw the banner in someone's signature and knew that whatever it was, I wanted to get involved in it too. The banner displays my thoughts exactly. Yay for me, I am now part of the 'save the vowels' movement! whee It's what I've always wanted.

Anywho, I just want to give a little background on one of the reasons this place is my haven. A really good friend of mine wanted me to join this rp guild. That sounds all well and good, but the bad news is a majority of the people on the guild are quite illerate. I'm glad I found this place, for it's the only thing that just might stop me from going completely insane at the lack of literacy I've been seeing, and I'll be seeing, around the boards. I admit I often cringe a little bit when I read posts in really bad text talk. So thank you G3! You and your members will be my guide through some dark, dark times. (Yes, I'm talk to a guild; no, I'm not crazy. xp )

A little about myself: I'm 14, I'm going into 10th grade, I'm Canadian, yet I live in the US. I like anime, manga, role-playing, books, and other things that I'm drawing a blank on at the moment.

Thanks for accepting me, and thanks to anyone who took the time to actually read my entire post. I'm sorry! I know it ended up a little long... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 am
Hii. I just joined.
I'm also kinda' new to Gaia.
Like 3 days?
Does that count as new?
{{dunno}}

Anyways, I'm a very literate doll.
One must be, if they have survived 90 years,
that is.

HEHE;
CELEBRATE 90 YEARS OF AMERICAN IDOL,
Raggedy Ann

Miss Raggedy Ann

Jewlz2007

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:44 am
Hello, although I thought I had posted myself as a new member of thie guild, it now seems that I haven't. I am Jewlz. Plain and simple that is what you can call me. 17 years old and I love to read. I am a member of our high school band (senior this year...) and summer band is a little more than a week away (at least for section leaders and percussionists). Well, I guess that is all about me, feel free to PM me or whatever.
heart Jewlz  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 pm
    Heya, my name's Moon, and I've been literate for almost my whole time on gaia. I'm fifteen, turning sixteen in November, and I like lists, so here goes.

Significant Other: Yup.
    Likes: Sharpies. The color purple. Free art. Starbucks Chocolate/Carmel Mocha Frappucionos. Sleeping in. Posers/Riddles. Excedrin. Dark chocolate. Anne Rice novels. Music.
    Dislikes: Poseurs. MySpace. People who destroy art. (Most) bugs. Headaches. Being broke. People who are ignorant/mean/annoying.
    Hobbies/Interests: Drawing. Reading. Hanging out with friends. Shopping. Listening to music. Setting things aflame.
    Favorite Bands: Lacuna Coil. The Dresden Dolls. Godsmack. Marilyn Manson. Disturbed. Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
    Favorite Books: Interview With The Vampire. The Vampire Lestat. Queen Of The Damned. Feed. elseWHERE. NEVERNEVER. 1984.
    Favorite Movie Genres: Comedy. Horror. Adventure.
    Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy. South Park. Mind of Mencia. CSI. Monk. Futurama.
    Favorite video games:
    Favorite Place On Gaia: Guilds.
    Mules: i.heart.mule
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dollface Lovely

8,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Quaffed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:11 pm
Ohayou, minna-san. biggrin I'm called Yui (usually). I have a tendency to become the self-appointed Walking, Talking Spell Check. ^^ Yes, it's true. I twitch when I see misspellings or obvious (other) grammatical errors. I'd said it's very close to and OCD, but...it's really not. ^^ I have a horrible habit of smilie faces, though, and it drives me insane occasionally when I don't use one. @_@ Lack of expression, I suppose.

Currently, I am 16, but in about 4 months, I shall be 17! (It's a scary thought.) My 18th birthday, psychotically enough, is on Election Day. It drives me up the wall to no end.

I'm a literate-otaku-JRock fangirl, and that fact has never ceased to scare people. biggrin I do beta work for Gundam Wing yaoi fan-fics, so that just proves my literacy.

^^ Have a nice day! ^ 3^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:16 am
I'm Snazy. I'm 20 and in school for Journalism-Print at Niagara College in Ontario, Canada.

I've always been interested in grammar and writing - from the time I was five I said I wanted to be a writer. Yes, I do spend my free time reading my grammar texts from school.

Through my college experience (one year, so far), I've been trained to use the CP [Canadian Press] stylings for grammar, so some of the rules may vary from other grammar sources.

What else do I love? Music, mainly. I listen to it all of the time and attend as many concerts as I am able to. I suppose one could also make a case for me being addicted to the Internet.  

snazy-a-tastic

LadyRogue

Versatile Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 am
Hello everyone! I'm Laura, though online I tend to go by LR. I'm 24 years old and a recent college graduate with a B.A. in English.

In school, I was always that weird kid who preferred reading books that were a bit older than I was (Sherlock Holmes and Shakespeare fan by 5th grade) and from there my tastes kept growing. Currently I'm an avid sci-fi/fantasy reader with the occasional classic here and there.

I'm also an anime-loving fangirl who reads and writes fanfiction (usually of the slash persuasion) in several fandoms. Beyond fanfiction, my hobbies include role-playing, surfing the net, hanging out with friends, and genuinely doing whatever distracts me from boredom.

There was sadly a time online when I used netspeak, but the closest I got was 'LOL' and actually typed out full sentences. I don't see the appeal of chatspeak or why people use it beyond being a form of internet shorthand.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:07 pm
Hey, I'm Seido. I'm 14 and then I'm done.  

Croakers

well murr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:23 pm
I'm simply another new member. I don't have an elaborate introduction to provide, so this is really nothing more than a "Hello!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:08 pm
Hi, I'm Pyro and I'm new. I am not good at introductions, so, yeah.  

STiCK3R3S

Coco Beware

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:49 am
My name is Cynthia. I am currently fifteen years old, going to be a junior in high school, and will be sixteen in november. I'm cynical, but at the same time I'm optimistic. I love things that have a meaning to them, not just a value. I'm very contemplative and rarely say what I mean unless I write it down.

domokun
&& I love this domokun guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:29 pm
I'm a literate fifteen-year-old. My name is Cassandra, but call me Kass, Cass, Cassie, Captain, Bookworm, Red, Chocolate, or Redchocolate. I like to skateboard and rollerblade at the skatepark, read, rockclimb, skimboard, play soccer, and, of course, correct peoples' grammar! mrgreen  

Red-Chocolate

Kasumi-hime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:40 am
heart I cannot sleep so why try to dream. . .

Not much to say. . .
Just the literate 14-year-old from the Philippines who is, and will forever be, devoted to Haku [from Naruto].

. . . I have no voice so why try to scream heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:20 am
Okay...
I am a thirteen year old, nearly thirteen year old, who is from the Unites States. I play guitar, play many videogames, and like to debunk complicated subjects. If I ever see a topic about the videogame controversy, religion versus evolution, or anything, I'm the first one to attempt a debunk. Usually, it kills the topic for some reason...  

Danapal

RyhRyh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:23 pm
Heyhey I'm new~ My name is SpadeWolf, just call me and Spade for short.

^^  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games