Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:41 am
I learned it from my surroundings/other people. I pretty much live in a "ghettoy" type neighborhood, so we all try to find cheap ways of doing things =/ And the onion one has been around for ages X_X

And, that was a random question Ghost xD
I think maybe brown
(since looking at their picture it looks like they have brown hair then again my comp is colorblind...but yea, it's just a guess since I don't know which is R, r, d or D or if they both have rr's/RR's/etc but more than likely it'd be DD, or something with a Dr gene.....
R/r an D/d stand for recessive/dominate genes incase I confused y'all).

As for eyes, maybe brown/black
(again can't see picture very well)
As green is mostly a recessive gene, however if he has an "r" for green eyes, it's definately a possiblity that the child will have green eyes but 1/4 of the chance (cause it appears you have green eyes Mauve, which is mostly an rr type).

Also, children usually tend to take after their mother in looks...however, I know it applies to girls an that, but not sure about boys =/
GOOGLE TIME! lol

Okay, I'm done confusing y'all....for now =D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:19 am
wow that bed is awsome  

hazel843

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 am
LOL I love you guys!

Taran will probably have dark brown hair. The hubby had blondish hair when he was younger, but it grew in darker by the time we were out of high school. I have thick, wavy, dark brown hair. We're hoping he takes after me with the hair...otherwise he might get my hubby's ultra fine and super straight hair.

Eye color is a interesting topic. Typically blue and green eyes are recessive traits, like Chi mentioned. However, my dad has blue eyes, my mom has hazel and my sister and I both have blue eyes (different shades, but blue just the same). Blue eyes are very common on both sides of my family going back a generation or two, as are green and hazel. Hubby has deep blue eyes. He and his immediate family are almost half and half with brown or blue eyes. SO...like I said, it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....I am the spitting image of my father. Don't get me wrong I am very much my mother's daughter and share a lot of her looks, but put me next to my dad and it's obvious I'm his. smile

The color green we picked is Benjamin Moore's Huntington Green (at least I'm pretty sure that's the one we picked out, looks like it.) I tried to get a pic to link but the website for colors is all Flash.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:28 pm
Hmm, more than likely blue (a slight chance green) eyes, but time needs to hurry up, I don't want to guess I want to know lol =D

Yea, some women do take after their fathers in looks, like you...an my sister(s), but I take after my mom mostly. It's more common (least where I come from) for girls to take after their mothers an boys to take after their fathers.

Has the 9 months gone by yet?....How 'bout now?

We love you too Mauve xD

chidorilash
Vice Captain

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 pm
i look like my grandfather, same hair, except the curls, his was straight. we have the same face shape same skin. i guess because i am a girl no one except my mom and i noticed that i look so much like him. i have green eyes (which are the rarest, i looked it up when i tried to figure out what exactly hazel eyes looked like) that came from my mom, which she is happy that i got something from her. no one knows where the curls came from. both my grandmother and my mother have curly hair but my hair does not curl like either one of them. my moms hair does not curl like anyone else either, lol. my nose is a mystery.
my mom have looks just like my grandmother minus the nose. we are both soooo happy to not have her nose! it is huge! and she has the smallest one out of her family!
erm...i was just rambling on because of the who the baby would look like.
anyway he could end up resembling some grandparent like i did. my mom has nothing from her father but i wound up looking like him!

yes when do we get another update!! green is such a great choice!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 pm
I have another ultrasound on Nov. 11th (the day before my birthday!). Taran was moving around so much the last time they couldn't get a good pic of his spine and heart. I also have dr.'s appt Nov. 10th, too.

I can't wait to see what this little person is going to look like...or what his personality will be like. It is absolutely amazing this whole creating a new life and such. I mean yeah we all know that, but it is so much BIGGER and grander a concept to grasp when you can feel tiny feet kicking you or seeing that little heart beat on monitor. I don't like getting soppy (I've tried to be less soppy as I age) but when I stop and actually think about it I get teary-eyed. We made this little boy and in a few months we'll finally get to meet him. Wow. It's almost overwhelming, but in an incredibly wonderful way.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:44 am
*waits for November 11th*
Still can't say this enough; Congrats Mauve. I'm sure your child will grow up to be someone that anyone would respect =]

Did the doctor/y'all do a guesstemate on when Taran will be born?
Oh, an do you plan on having a natural or drugged birth?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm
The due date is Feb 24th. The last ultrasound showed Taran's growth to be pretty much in time with the due date.

And I plan on getting the epidural, providing there's enough time to have it done. My mom gave birth to me in an hour and two hours for my little sister. There might not be enough time for them to administer it if I go into labor and all quickly.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:48 am
Epidurals ~ Advantages/Disadvantages

I dunno, just felt like giving you a link. Not sure if you know the advantages/disadvantages of it all, but instead of asking an waiting for a reply I decided to cut out the middle man xD.

Ohhhh February 24th, it's getting close to that date. Only about, roughly 3 to 4months?

Well, there's no real "concrete" proof (not that I can find anyways) that labor/whatever it's called type is hereditary. So, I suppose it depends on your environment, any illness you have, etc.

Ohhhhhh!!! And also! Have you tried going with the old old ollllddd myth of playing music to your child? (once again, the research in it as of yet is very tiny).

Okay, now I'm done...for now xD

But, curious to know, what do your parents/siblings think about it all? Happy/sad?
(Just wondering, I know some people whose parents are willing to have nothing to do with their children after they have the child =/ I don't understand it)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 am
I checked the link out, thank you! Very interesting and definitely something I will ask my doctor about.

We're definitely playing music for Taran. I don't think he can escape it...not with two musicians for parents. I'm in my 24th week so he should be able to start hearing outside noises soon if not already. We plan on playing all kinds of music....classical, big band, classic rock, alternative, punk rock...pretty much everything we listen to. The hubby can't wait to put a set of headphones on my belly and crank some tunes. He's been joking about breeding a band and hoping Taran will be a drummer since the drums are one of the few instruments the hubby isn't great at lol.

All the family members are excited (and there are a lot of them!). My sister can't wait to be an aunt, my brother beams when he tells his friends he'll be an uncle. My step sisters are happy. My mom and step dad, dad and step mom, and my family-in-law are all very excited as well.

Of course, we protested (me especially with great fervor) having kids this early and learned the hard way that life is what happens while you're making plans. So the family got a good chuckle out of this as well. But so did we. smile  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm
are you sure he is not trying to raise a band....
you womb might end up being a practice studio!
do you play any instruments?

it is strange when people would ask me "are you married?" and i would say no i am too young and too young to have kids!" then pause in my head and realize maeve is only a few months older than i....
time to start lying about my age?

it is a good thing your family is excited besides the whole support bit you get willing babysitters! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:03 pm
tigris cobaltchaos

it is strange when people would ask me "are you married?" and i would say no i am too young and too young to have kids!" then pause in my head and realize maeve is only a few months older than i....

it is a good thing your family is excited besides the whole support bit you get willing babysitters! 3nodding

He may very well be using my womb as a practice room. At the very least he's been using it as a mosh pit.

I play the flute and tuba. The hubby plays the trombone, piano, guitar (electric and acoustic), some bass guitar and a little drums. Plus we love to sing.

I don't think it's strange at all Tigris. You have to remember me and him are not the norm. We've been together since we were 14. A lot of people think that's unhealthy and crazy.

When it comes to having children the number of your age isn't what matters (well unless you're that 11 year old Bulgarian girl or a woman in her late 30's). It's about maturity. You know you're ready to get married and that means you're also smart enough to know you're not ready for kids. Kudos to you! Some people just don't get it.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 pm
Maeve of the Sea
tigris cobaltchaos

He may very well be using my womb as a practice room. At the very least he's been using it as a mosh pit.

I play the flute and tuba. The hubby plays the trombone, piano, guitar (electric and acoustic), some bass guitar and a little drums. Plus we love to sing.

I don't think it's strange at all Tigris. You have to remember me and him are not the norm. We've been together since we were 14. A lot of people think that's unhealthy and crazy.

When it comes to having children the number of your age isn't what matters (well unless you're that 11 year old Bulgarian girl or a woman in her late 30's). It's about maturity. You know you're ready to get married and that means you're also smart enough to know you're not ready for kids. Kudos to you! Some people just don't get it.

a mosh pit rofl you might have to put some heavy padding on the crib then!
wow i am musically illiterate. i listen too it and love classical but can not produce it. i hope taran gets at least a little if not the whole variety!
i do not think your situation is unhealthy, quite the opposite in fact. okay so you were together since 14. that is not necessarily unhealthy until you realize it is completely cute and sugar coated! i just mean you too seem to have your priorities and everything together which in my head makes you seem way more ready then most.
when people talk to me about that stuff it is like i regress in to being a teenager and the remember and real age and that it is biologically and socially it is possible. then i laugh and edge away...far far away!
but that is the whole thing. you and the hubby are ready. i am not. socially we are people who are taking on the responsibilities that we can.
it is fun being happy for you because you are so happy and you seem like you will be great parents!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 am
Welcome
Don't forget to talk to the baby while still inside of you. It's supposed to help them distinguish their parents voice earlier in life.

I must agree with you on the maturity not age that you should have a child, but most teenagers don't see it that way, just wanting a good time then..accidently they have a child. We need more mature people darn it ]=< lol.
I said it before an I'll say it again...Taran's real lucky to have you guys as parents. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be someone famous in the musical world...or maybe the president xD (Ok, now I think I'm getting a little to ahead of myself...but you never know! he could be, I hope not, most politicians are corrupt).

@Tig: Awh, you'll have children when you are good and ready. Don't let it bother you so much.

chidorilash
Vice Captain

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:46 am
Cheers to that chi!  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]