Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Star Wars: Blasters of the Patriots Chatbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm
So basically i need to add another feat then.

And wealth is under "lineage".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:48 pm
No, you have your two feats, I'm just suggesting you replace Point Blank with something more useful for your character.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 pm
Point blank /is/ the most useful thing for my character. Unless you have some magical way to make sure you're taking all the blasters for my guy, I'd rather not get into a fight where my best skill is a -1 to attack rolls.

I've been at the unfortunate end of a fistfight without any help from my allies...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Nelowulf
Point blank /is/ the most useful thing for my character. Unless you have some magical way to make sure you're taking all the blasters for my guy, I'd rather not get into a fight where my best skill is a -1 to attack rolls.

I've been at the unfortunate end of a fistfight without any help from my allies...

Well if you're the doctor... what about Skill Focus (Treat Injury) or Surgical Expertise?  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 pm
If we're going to be min/maxing characters, go bother des about not taking a level in Jedi. rolleyes Medic starts at level seven. I can learn it later when i get more specialized. Why not tell me to pick up cybernetic surgery too?

Jeez, it's like you want me to not leave the gorram medlab onboard the ship. I take one feat for self defense and everyone's out to rip me a new sphincter for merely suggesting that maybe they're not superman and I might find myself in a sticky situation. Afterall, I'm the alien medic; of the entire crew, I'm the most visible one worth capturing while I take a leak behind a tree.

I'm a medic, dammit, not a mobile hospital. Not really trying to understand that Washu is not exactly the most friendly towards the empire, are we? or that he might have an overdeveloped sense of vengeance for being a gimp?

Here's a compromise though: I'll take skill focus if none of y'all complain about me taking born leader as my next talent.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:39 pm
Nelo, You can do what you wish.

But, since you are a doctor, and the Noble is mostly a non-combat type of class, I suggested you not take Point blank, and that since you are supposed to be a doctor, Skill Focus Treat Injury may seem more appropriate.

You have a +3 to ranged attacks, due to dex, and your AB. At short range, PBS would give you a further +1 to Attack and Damage.
Not really that useful unless you plan to move into further shot feats which require that feat as a prerequisite. Now on occasion that may proved useful, more often than not, your gonna be putting your primary skill to use, and an extra +4, coupled with your racial talent, can be a world-over more useful in my opinion.

Its all well and good to want to be more useful in a firefight, but PBS is not gonna give you enough of an edge to prove useful unless you plan to expand beyond.

I'm not sure who complained about Improved Defense, thats a good choice honestly.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 pm
What you fail to understand is that I'm not a doctor; I'm a medic. It seems no matter how much I stress that, it seems pointless anymore.

But, since you want me to basically regulate to non-combat, I'm taking that as your agreement to the compromise.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 pm
Part of the reason I mentioned surgical expertise is the way first aid works in the Saga Edition system... you can only have first aid once per day.

Then to get more HP you either need to take a second wind or be worked on with surgery. Surgery takes an hour unless you have that feat.

Hell, when I was a level 4 mando I took surgical expertise, and thats a combat dedicated character.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 pm
Except that was level four, this is level two. Now, either quit complaining about my choice, or accept my compromise. Quit acting wishy washy about this bullshit. Afterall, trying to be a combat healer is apparently "not very useful".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm
Look. All I said, was that PBS seems like a waste of a feat for you, don't turn it into this ridiculous fiasco of assumptions, regulating and "You don't understand me' BS. I made a suggestion, you can deny it or otherwise, I just wanted you to see my reason.

If you want to be a 'combat medic' then your either doing down the wrong street, or your taking a detour thats gonna take a long damn while. For not being a doctor, you sure do keep claiming to be one. You've stressed the fact of being one more often than not.

If you want PBS, then keep it. I just wanted you to know that its not really all that useful.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:03 pm
Fine, have it your way. One oathbound doc coming up. I expect you to act like a proper meat shield, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm
Don’t worry Nelo, I’ll protect you. 4laugh  

K-Blade

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 pm
This seems very familiar... You want to shoot a blaster I have no problem with that, in fact with the house esque style you went for, physical violence would be something I expected.

But point blank shot seems a little less useful than other options for the medic with a gun. You want to increase your probability of hitting... weapon focus. You want to stitch us back together in five minutes... surgical expertise. You want to guarantee healing someone... skill focus (treat injury). You want to guarantee damage on a hit... assured attack.

It's all about what you want, in case Des hasn't forgotten the conversation we had on wasting feats with his Jedi. This sounds pretty similar.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 pm
I was really aiming for Precise shot, but eh. I'll bite for that plan of action instead stellar.

But how am I like House? Seriously, i don't watch that show.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 am
A handicapped genius doctor that's arrogant and downright abusive who always tells the truth, no matter how painful it is for the receiver.

That's basically House, though if you added a drug addiction it'd be even more so. Give him a swoop and a friend that had a problem with dating his patients and you've got a full fledged clone.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games