Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Eijay
Gaymeboy
Okay guys, my diet sucks.

I want to at least try the Special K diet, to see if it'll work for me, because it also means I won't be eating as much meat. I don't like eating meat as much as my mom makes it. Sometimes, I'd rather just having a bowl of cereal.

I seem to be lactose intolerant, and will probably eat a lot of the cereal dry.

I exercise every day, twice a day, during my high school sport season, and during the summer. Currently, my season is about to end, and I'll start gaining even more weight. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, as far as my eating plan goes?

I want to start riding my bike more, and ice skating also. I need foods high in protein because I'm an athlete, but no more meat please. Any reccomendations?

Well, if it helps the best sources of protein besides meat are nuts, eggs and beans. I think...
Don't forget milk!!! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 pm
I'm kind of late for this. but I'd like to start working on this diet. smile
I'm about 5'7.... I think, I haven't checked my height in a while.
My goal is to drop 20 lb. or hopefully more.
So far I've been working on mostly ab crunches and squats and I've been drinking more water. When the snow melts I plan to run around my normal walk way and go outside more often.
Wish me luck everyone, and good luck with your diets as well!  

hushed-oddity

Temporary lnsanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:11 am
Ugh, I'm 5'4 still growing around 136 pounds I think I've been working out for maybe two months and a few days trying to get at least 30 minutes of excerise. I had a few... a lot ...of lazy days and probably got rid of me ever hitting 138-140 again. Even though I'm at my "healthy" weight I really do want a flat stomach , no love handles. ; w;

I'm trying to lost at least 6-10 pounds. Wish me luck. ; w;

My exercise is the Wii-fit I thought it would help which it has a bit and I try for again at lest 30 minutes a work out with combination of aerobics and yoga mainly.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 am
Okay, I'm probably one of the (if not the) most out of shape on this thread ( crying )... And I was PLANNING on walking/jogging the length of the road a block from my gramma's house (Grandview Ave, Mt Washington, near Pittsburgh, a good few miles)... but then the Snowmageddon/Snowpocalyps hit... so I'm stuck inside... I have a treadmill, but it's been out of commission for a few years, and I'm cautious about going on it...

Oh, and as for dieting... I can't... Well... I can, but you understand... I'm someone who likes to experiment with cooking, and I just plain like the taste of food... I have cut out snack-y foods and pops and stuff, aside from the occasional treat... but nothing is better than coming back inside after shoveling snow (a few FEET of it, in an area that basically got all it's snowfall for the season in one month) to a nice cup of dark chocolate hot cocoa...

Tips would be appreciated...
(btw, I'm 22, about 5'5" or so, and close to 300... but I don't -look- that big... and obesity runs in my family... both my parents, and older sister are/were overweight)
http://vampireketsuki.deviantart.com/art/Me-and-Dan-8D-134276151 That's a decent picture of me  

VampireKetsuki

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:18 am
I've beeeeen a bad girl. >_> Though I've dropped a lot of habits and have gained better ones so I think things will improve soon. I think I might have gained some muscle in the long run though. Weight hasn't dropped but image has improved.

I've dropped having a monster everyday to having none(maybe one occasionally if I have some extra cash I'm willing to spend) and have started drinking two cups of tea in the morning before school. Right now it's ginger then it will be green tea once that runs out.

PE ended last semester but that's not going to keep me from exercising enough. I'm trying to dance every other night until I get really sweaty. So sort of like taibo but with no specific routine. XD And my friend and I are going to take one day a weekend to exercise on together. :3 Her mother's on a super health kick right now so I thought that'd be helpful for both of us.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:39 am
Scientifically Erotic
I've beeeeen a bad girl. >_> Though I've dropped a lot of habits and have gained better ones so I think things will improve soon. I think I might have gained some muscle in the long run though. Weight hasn't dropped but image has improved.

I've dropped having a monster everyday to having none(maybe one occasionally if I have some extra cash I'm willing to spend) and have started drinking two cups of tea in the morning before school. Right now it's ginger then it will be green tea once that runs out.

PE ended last semester but that's not going to keep me from exercising enough. I'm trying to dance every other night until I get really sweaty. So sort of like taibo but with no specific routine. XD And my friend and I are going to take one day a weekend to exercise on together. :3 Her mother's on a super health kick right now so I thought that'd be helpful for both of us.
Dancing is excellent exercise!
I've been trying to dance more often too. o wo
Besides, it's fun and relieves stress. I should do it more often. XD  

Kinxed

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 am
Kinxed
Dancing is excellent exercise!
I've been trying to dance more often too. o wo
Besides, it's fun and relieves stress. I should do it more often. XD
It really is. ^A^ And it feels really good to get tired and extremely sweaty from it then go and take a nice shower.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am
SakuraRico
Eijay
Gaymeboy

I want to at least try the Special K diet, to see if it'll work for me, because it also means I won't be eating as much meat. I don't like eating meat as much as my mom makes it. Sometimes, I'd rather just having a bowl of cereal.

I exercise every day, twice a day, during my high school sport season, and during the summer. Currently, my season is about to end, and I'll start gaining even more weight. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, as far as my eating plan goes?

I want to start riding my bike more, and ice skating also. I need foods high in protein because I'm an athlete, but no more meat please. Any reccomendations?

Well, if it helps the best sources of protein besides meat are nuts, eggs and beans. I think...
Don't forget milk!!! <3

Thanks guys for giving me all those reccomendations =D

You didn't read my whole post, did you SakuraRico? XD I'm lactose intolerant. Means I'm allergic to dairy. Recently, I've been staying the hell away from as much dairy as I can, and drinking rice milk instead. It at least helps with my digestion, thankfully.

Tomorrow though, I'm going to be doing my English placement test :O

I hope next year I don't join the club and gain the freshman 15. God knows I already have an extra 15 on me, at least.

I have been dancing, and that's been fun. I hope to go ice skating this weekend though.  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BLUEthefishDRAGON

6,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 am
So, I thought I'd put up my goals.. hehe.
Um, I'm not the thinnest person you've ever met.. 5'2'', 230 pounds... and I'm rather young.. its depressing. I want to cosplay but I'm too big. Now I know almost everyone here will say "Oh don't mind people you're fine" But I know in the back of each and every single one of your minds you're thinking of that one HORRIBLE cosplay of a chick who was just too fat..

SO, as of recently I've been pushing myself. I do some crunches, sit-ups etc every once in awhile.. I've really fixed my diet..I mean.. its a drastic change.
I'm eating, instead of 3 HUGE meals a day, 4-5 Small meals. And by small I mean, for example, yesterday I had a yogurt for breakfast, a lean pocket for lunch, a banana around 3, noodles for dinner, and another yogurt later that night.

I'm also starting to drop weight from a random drastic weight gain because of some medication I'm on. It sucked.

I've been an asthmatic all my life and for as long as I can remember, I've struggled with an eating disorder and sever depression. I could really use some support in my choice to drop this weight so that hopefully by my next con (not a&g in march) I'll be able to have a cosplay put together and be able to show off smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 am
SakuraRico
Eijay
Gaymeboy

Don't forget milk!!! <3

The person said they were lactose intolerant sweatdrop

I'm sure there are other creative ways to eat cereal. You could make up a little trail mix. Add nuts (make sure they're plain and beneficial), raisins, pretzels are dark chocolate bits.

Anywho, I'm on a diet, mostly for a convention than cosplay. I'm too heavy to get in shape in two months time. But I'm going to be going to the gym every other day until the convention, and hopefully I will be pumped up and able to go to the con without my leg muscles killing me at the end of the day. I live in snowy MI in a rather hilly area, so I don't go out much, and I no longer have access to Wii and PS2 (Wii fit and DDR).

My diet is sort of the same, just no junk food like chips, cookies, etc. I replaced those with quaker rice cakes, fruit, and yogurt.

I eat more throughout the day, but my meals are smaller. If you do that, you're constantly feeding your metabolism and if you let yourself get hungry, your body will store fat because it thinks you're starving.  

Wee Little

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 am
Gaymeboy
SakuraRico
Eijay
Gaymeboy

Don't forget milk!!! <3

Thanks guys for giving me all those reccomendations =D

You didn't read my whole post, did you SakuraRico? XD I'm lactose intolerant. Means I'm allergic to dairy. Recently, I've been staying the hell away from as much dairy as I can, and drinking rice milk instead. It at least helps with my digestion, thankfully.

I did read it... I just forgot by the time I quoted it XD I'm such a dummy sometimes.... Sorry. Although, i do have a friend that is lactose intolerant but he can somehow drink Indulac milk just fine. I don't know if it does have lactose or just a really low amount, but maybe you could try.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am
Hey guys! I noticed that I hadn't posted in here for a while now.
Well, since the beginning of the new year, I've only lost 11 pounds.
But hey, that's better than nothing.

I'm disappointed to say I've been off track for the past week and a half. But hell, I'm getting back on track!  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Dr Rex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 pm
Hopping in on this too. I am 23 and I am a soldier with a average build. I have the large shoulders and an alright physique. Just needing to tone up and get some muscle definition. kind of sucks though since We already run 3-5 miles 4 days a week and my body is still at an average size and shape.

As far as fitness goes I can give advice to couch potatoes to get started on getting in to shape as well as those who work out semi regularly.

Big advice for the exercise newbie is start small and focus on proper technique on calisthenics. Also, you don't need a gym to get an intense workout. If anyone wants I can link some youtube vids of some basic exercises that don't need too much attention to technique.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm
Damn my love of sedentary activities!!!
Yeah, I'm eating pretty healthily but at this rate this weight isn't going anywhere fast... sweatdrop  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Dr Rex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:16 am
BLUEthefishDRAGON
So, I thought I'd put up my goals.. hehe.
Um, I'm not the thinnest person you've ever met.. 5'2'', 230 pounds... and I'm rather young.. its depressing. I want to cosplay but I'm too big. Now I know almost everyone here will say "Oh don't mind people you're fine" But I know in the back of each and every single one of your minds you're thinking of that one HORRIBLE cosplay of a chick who was just too fat..

SO, as of recently I've been pushing myself. I do some crunches, sit-ups etc every once in awhile.. I've really fixed my diet..I mean.. its a drastic change.
I'm eating, instead of 3 HUGE meals a day, 4-5 Small meals. And by small I mean, for example, yesterday I had a yogurt for breakfast, a lean pocket for lunch, a banana around 3, noodles for dinner, and another yogurt later that night.

I'm also starting to drop weight from a random drastic weight gain because of some medication I'm on. It sucked.

I've been an asthmatic all my life and for as long as I can remember, I've struggled with an eating disorder and sever depression. I could really use some support in my choice to drop this weight so that hopefully by my next con (not a&g in march) I'll be able to have a cosplay put together and be able to show off smile

Cardio... Nothing will help you burn faster than that.

You said you were asthmatic, I suggest going for fast paced walk for 1-2 miles. do it at enough of a pace it labors your breathing and take effort to sustain but not enough to make you have an attack. once you are comfy with that start adding spurts of jogging using the same rules as above. Your asthma will get better by a moderate degree and you should start seeing results.

Also, your meals seem like they aren't set. if you eat three standard sized meals a day while doing some calorie counting to stick around 2000-2500 range for the day that alone will help. Body will start clinging to everything you give it if you eat at erratic times and only eat a few bites when you do eat. My two cents worth :/

Exercise. Doing crunches and everything is good for building yourself but don't make that all you do. My lunch is over but I will post some good easy ones for you after work.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff