Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Ground Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:08 am
User Image
User Image

"Yeah, the dec's really rad around here," she grinned, looking at said art on the walls. Being related to a dedicated artist-- Sy, stupid Sy-- ensured that the blonde developed a healthy appreciation for the works of imagination in all forms, or, at least, a grudging respect for them. It was usually appreciation-- it only ever turned surly when she the time she spent listening to rants about lighting and superb strokes exceeded two hours.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too," she told the other with a smile. Meeting people was definitely a plus everywhere and the blonde was a pretty sociable person. "Definitely a different way to meet, but it's still good," Anastasia laughed, tapping fingers on her knee. She'd be good to go in a few minutes. Thinking over the names, the Slytherin mulled over the monikers for a few moments before speaking again. "What may I call you, then?" came the curious inquiry. Two names were given, but which did she use?

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s l y t h t a b l e s

a l o n e
w e e k e n d s
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e
o o c : closed

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:08 am
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo looked at her as she described the decorations, but a look of confusion followed the girl's words. He didn't know what the girl had said about it and he was always one to ask what something meant. "Rad? What is...rad?" he asked her, completely confused at this point. He really wished he had tried to start speaking English again a few weeks before school, but hey, the past is the past and he had to live in the present.

"You may call me either of them. Whatever you want. Anyone I know here calls me by Iñigo," he said to her, smiling brightly. Despite how bad he felt about running the girl over, it really helped him start a good conversation with what seemed like a very nice girl...as horrible as that was.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

Lady Pomegranates

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:32 am
User Image
User Image

"Inigo, then," she grinned, deciding on the name. It was shorter and easier to remember-- which was good, sort of, because the blonde was exceedingly forgetful sometimes which boded not-good for her during most occasions. Going back to the first question, Anastasia pursed her lips in thoughts, mulling over the meaning of her word to best explain it.

"Rad is slang, sort of," she began, tapping her fingers on her knee. "Like amazing or fabulous," the Slytherin explained, gesturing to the grand tapestries on the wall for example. "Sorry if I confused you a bit there-- not many people use the word, I think, so you should be fine," she smiled. Standing up and dusting herself off, she looked at the other first year, holding out a hand to help him get out of his kneel. "Well, since we're pretty much doing the same thing, do you want to go marvel at Hogwarts together, then?" Anastasia asked, expression open and cheerful. "It's alright if not, I understand the concept of space and all," she laughed with a droll smile.

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s l y t h t a b l e s

a l o n e
w e e k e n d s
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e
o o c : closed

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 am
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo looked at her, smiling as she explained what the word had meant. It was quite amusing how much help he needed at the moment and a chuckle did not fail to slip out. He knew he hadn't been the best at English thus far, but he was especially bad at recognizing slang such as that word. His father always spoke so properly when speaking to him, and sometimes even in the boy's first language...Spanish. His father always attempted to speak as much as he could at the moment, but reality was he needed more help with English than Spanish.

"Si, let's look...around for a bit," he said to her, glad that she had suggested it, mainly because that is what he wanted to do too. He hoped he would get to know more about the girl in front of him too. She seemed a very sociable person and maybe that could work to his advantage. "This castle is amazing.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

Lady Pomegranates

(OOC: Sorry about the short post. I'm really tired at the moment.  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Ground floor

Jasper woke up one morning and went downstairs to wait for Alice. He was sitting in the common room for most of morning until he realized she still hadn't shown up. Going to breakfast alone he hoped to see her there but still no Alice. When she didn't show up Jasper went out searching for her. She was around somewhere just not where she should be.

By this point it was afternoon and Jasper had practically searched the entire castle looking for Alice. He was at the point now that he was worried something happened to her. They were always together so why'd she disappear now. "Why don't we have classes on weekends...?" he asked himself wishing he could just curl up and die. He hadn't felt this alone since before the orphanage and mad did he ever hate it. Even with everyone around him Jasper still didn't feel very connected unless Alice with him.

With: no one (that's the problem)

Wearing: On the Hunt

OOC: Feel free to interact with Jasper

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:31 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked into the Ground Floor Corridor after Advanced Flying, a smile on his face as he walked with Ariana. He was glad that they resolved to go to Diagon over the next summer...but hey, that was awhile away. But, he would make sure not to do anything that may cause that offer to be revoked. But, really, was he ever not cautious about what he did anyway?

He walked down the corridor with Ariana, thinking about what to talk about. He had no idea; so he would just let her say something since she was a lot better at talking than he was. At least, he thought she was much better...plus she was a Gryffindor, weren't they supposed to be good talkers...or was that Hufflepuff? He had no idea, but he was sure she would find something interesting to talk about.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:57 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna followed Benjamin's lead as they left grounds and the pitch behind them. That class had been lame in her opinion. She didn't learn anything new from the teacher but she did learn about her friend. He was a chaser like her. She glanced at him. He definitely looked like he would make a good chaser too. At her glance she noticed he wasn't saying anything. I wonder if he's mad at me? She frowned slightly wondering if she had said anything that would make him not want to talk to her. She couldn't think of anything. She decided to start a conversation anyway. If he was mad she's find out in a moment.

"So you're a chaser huh? Me too. You know what that means right?" Ari turned to look him in the face. "We're gonna be rivals someday." She added a big stupid grin at the end. There was a Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw game coming up but she wouldn't let a win or a loss affect their friendship. Or at least not entirely. It would be different if she was actually playing against him. She paused wondering just how playing against her friend would actually be. Man, that's going to suck when that happens.

[quote="RedEagleEye007']

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:07 am
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin was walking by her side, still not knowing what to say really, but soon enough, the hiatus was broken, which he was most certainly happy about. He was glad she was better than him at figuring out what to say, because it would be a very, very quiet walk if she didn't. Looking at her, he gave her a smile in response to the huge grin on her face. "I guess, but I'm only a reserve though. I missed the first game last year due to sickness, but maybe my dumbest error yet, I never told anyone; so the reserve had to go in. Haven't had the position since," he said to her, shaking his head as he mentally slapped himself for the mental lapse. He had mental lapses every now and again, but that may have been his worst one.

"But yes, we will be rivals...and I'll beat you," he said to jokingly, winking at her. He of course said it like he didn't mean it of course. He didn't want her to think he was being serious at all, because maybe she would take it the wrong way. 'It really should be interesting when that happens,' he thought to himself. He didn't know if it would be a good thing or a bad thing. He didn't think it would end terribly, but of course...one of them had to lose.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:37 pm
User Image

Arianna gave a sigh when Benjamin started talking to her right away. He must have just not known what to say. Ari thought to herself.

Ari's grin faltered slightly as Benjamin told her what happened on his quidditch team. "It's okay, you just gotta pay your dues and earn their trust back." She reached over and patted him gently on the back. "Besides you can't help it if you get sick." Ari thought for a moment about admitting her own failure. "You know it happens to the best of us. Last year I over slept and was very late for try-outs. By the time I got there I missed an entire scrimmage. The captain was pretty strict on those of us who were late and I didn't even make the team because of my mistake. But this year I was the first to arrive and I did my best... Now I'm second reserve for the chasers. I'll probably never play in a house match but I did manage to redeem myself and make the team." Maybe it wasn't the same type of situation that Benjamin was in but Ari believed in hard work and if he showed his teammates he was serious they'd have to forgive his blunder.

She laughed at his declaration, "Try as you might my friend. But in the end you shall lose." She winked back at her friend. She wasn't going to lie if her friend beat her, when the day came, she wasn't going to be happy. There was no way she would let if ruin this friendship she had made. She gave Benjamin a genuine smile, "I look forward to that day. I promise not to go easy on you because you're my friend."

Ari being the easily distracted girl that she is suddenly gasped and grabbed Benjamin's hands and she spun around to stand in front of him. "I made the team this year. That means I need to buy a broom! You should help me pick one out!" She gave him a pleading look. She didn't want to buy the wrong broom that would end up hampering her possible school career.

RedEagle007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He had noticed her sigh and was a little confused as to why she had done it, but he had not thought about it too much, for she quickly moved into the conversation at hand. "True, it does happen to the best of people...I just really was upset about it because I felt like I could at least told one of the older boys," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders, not knowing what else to say about that. He did however not know that she had tried out for the team last year. "I didn't know you tried out. You never told me," he said, a smile on his face. She probably never told him because the fact that she didn't make the team, but he would definitely not judge her for that. Only reason he had made the team is no one tried out.

"Challenge accepted," he said to her, a smile on his face. He wasn't sure if the competition would ever bring a good side out of the two of them, but at least it would be a good time during. He didn't know what would happen afterward. "I think you'll have to be on your 'A' game to play me." He showed her a big grin as he said this, laughing as she looked at him. But before he knew it, his hands were being grabbed, which caused his face to go the slightest red, but it was relatively light and unnoticeable.

"I'll help you pick a broom. It'll have to be over the summer though," he commented, glad to hear that because he himself had to buy a new room. The one his father had given him was unfortunately slightly old and by that, he meant, very old.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC: Hey, sorry about how long that took. A lot of homework.
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:09 pm
User Image

Arianna nodded in understanding as her friend continued to explain what had happened. She understood why he was so bummed. She could only imagine how awesome it would be to be a starting player and then not show. She mentally cringed thinking about it. She let him drop the conversation. There's no use in clinging to your past mistakes. Maybe now that Benjamin talked about it he would start to feel better and move on. She truly hoped so.

She glanced down at the ground slightly embarrassed as he mentioned that she never told him she tried out. Why didn't she say anything? She really didn't know if it was shame, embarrassment, or maybe it was just that she sounded too lame admitting it out loud. "It was a terrible try-out. Then when I heard you made the team. I didn't want to say anything..." She trailed off not knowing how to continue. She didn't know if she should also mention the pang of guilt she felt thinking of her mother and how she had made the team as a first year. Then Ari who just wanted to follow in her footsteps failed miserably.

She grinned as he accepted her challenge. She was going to practice even harder now. Then hopefully next year she can make the regular team. She nodded excitedly she would definitely have to bring her A game if she was going to beat her friend. He had an entire year of practicing over her. And knowing Benjamin there was no way he wouldn't try to kick her butt.

As she held onto his hands waiting for his answer still she noticed a slight flush creep into his cheeks. "Oh are you feeling okay?" She wondered if maybe he was catching a cold from hanging out in the drafty castle halls. But she was completely distracted by his answer. She jumped up and down excitedly she had never gone broom shopping before. "We can add that to the list of stuff to do while we're shopping at Diagon Alley!" She nearly squealed in glee but managed to calm herself back down and that's when she noticed she was still holding onto Benjamin's hands while she was jumping around like a nut. She let go of them quickly and apologized. "Sorry, I guess I'm really excited." She looked down at the floor feeling the heat burning up her cheeks.

OOC: Don't worry about it. I've been pretty busy studying as well.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin listened to her voice, clearly listening as she admitted the smallest of secrets to him...well...it wasn't really a secret, rather...a confession. Still, he wondered why she had withheld the information from him, but he didn't question it. "I'm not going to judge you for not doing well. How hypocritical I would be if I ever did that," he admitted to her, laughing as he said it. "I mean, c'mon, I literally spun out during tryouts for going too fast. Would've given up a goal had the other chaser not caught up. If that's not terrible...I don't what is." With that, he silenced himself, but he did leave her with the smallest bit of a smile. He really had messed up during his tryout and really just attributed that to why he had done so badly, but then again...he surely had been outplayed by Dylan.

She had been holding his hands for a good minute or so, probably not even thinking about what it seemed like. Had anyone of their classmates walked by at that moment...rumors would've flown, but fortunately, that wasn't the case...then again, it didn't sound all that bad in the second years eyes. 'She is a nice girl after all,' he thought to himself, pondering the thought for a brief second, before shaking the thought. I'm too young for that stuff. But her question almost had gone by unnoticed, catching him during his thought process. "Yes, yes...completely fine," he said to her rather quickly, but her hands were still in his and a bit of nervousness followed. But as she said one word, all of that nervousness went out the window and a thought came to mind. 'Ugh...shopping...isn't that what girls do all the time? I would love to go to Diagon still...but then again...what else is there to do in Diagon,' he thought to himself, not knowing. He would find out though because he certainly didn't want to spend the whole time they were there shopping. Maybe there was an ice cream parlor...that would've been perfect.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC: Sorry about all the thoughts going on...Ben's a big thinker xD
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 am
User Image

Arianna gave her Ravenclaw friend a small smile back, "Thank you." Her friend did his absolute best to listen to her and she noticed his concern. Someday she'd have to tell him about her mother as well. Her grin grew bigger as she pictured him spinning out during his team try-outs. "You're good a friend."

Mistaking Benjamin's nerves and his distraction for possible change of heart she paused and took a slight step back. "Unless you'd rather not go hang out at Diagon Alley? We could do something else?" She tried to hide the disappointment from her face and voice. She didn't mind just hanging out and looking around at the wizard shopping area but maybe he really was put off by how excited she was. Ugh, I don't know. I just can't always read him!

OOC: haha it's all good. He's a Ravenclaw that makes him the thinker. Ari's the Gryffindor action taker.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He nodded gently, making sure she knew that he was listening, but then again, how gentleman-like would it be not to say you're welcome. "You're most certainly welcome, but I am just telling the truth," he said to her, hoping to keep her spirits up as she recollected her not so good tryout her first year, but then again, it didn't really matter then, because the fact that she made the team that year. He was sure she was over it by then.

He listened to her further, wondering why she all of a sudden was disappointed. Had he said anything? He didn't think he did, unless he somehow...magically even...put a speaker on his mind, which he didn't if that was possibly, but surely he would find out if it was. Sounded like a good time really. "No, no, no, I would love to go with you to Diagon. Did I imply that in anyway? Because it was accidental if I did," he said to her, a small smile on his face, wondering what he did.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm
User Image

Arianna smiled again at him. He was a true gentleman his parents did a good job raising him. She decided to drop the conversation completely. They both had to move on from their past failures.

Ari sighed with relief again. She was happy he seemed to want to go. "I'm sorry. I thought maybe you were acting nervous. And I dunno I thought maybe I was forcing you to join me. I can be pretty pushy." She smiled at her friend. "I'm glad you want to go. I know most boys hate shopping. I'm not a big shopper myself though. I thought it might be fun to hit up the joke shop and the quidditch store though." She paused wondering if she was being too bossy again. "What do you think?" She waited wanting his opinion.

RedEagleEye007

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces