Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Chat and Chill Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niji Remon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:09 am
Haha that would be helarious to see someone skank in hooker boots hah. Last night I went to a yiuth centre and I wasn't expecting any ska bands to be there and the last song of the night was "beer" by Reel Big fish and oh God it was so goood biggrin hehe me and my two friends started skanking and everyone just kinda watched for a while then more people joined it so great. here there isnt a big ska scene so there isnt much skanking hapening to bands sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:59 am
huggies seems to have more experience than me in this... whee

yeah the ska scene around me isn't too great either but Christian is probably as close as I'll get because at least he knows what ska is (even if he won't go to shows with me or skank with me...) stare  

UreshiiNyoko

McHuggies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:21 pm
UreshiiNyoko
huggies seems to have more experience than me in this... whee

yeah the ska scene around me isn't too great either but Christian is probably as close as I'll get because at least he knows what ska is (even if he won't go to shows with me or skank with me...) stare

It takes a little while before you get used to the added skank in your skanking xd ... lol I'm kidding of course. I got used to it right away wink

Man, speaking of "hard to skank", the last punk show I went to had some fierce moshin... which is kinda funny because it was set up by the church. My friend was actually the person who started the mosh-fest too and he's only like 5' 6" tall. Silly little mosh-a-bator xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:34 pm
D.C. ska kids are so nice. biggrin  

Electric Uncle Akuma

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:20 pm
I think ska kids in general are nice. A girl let me borrow her coat while we were waiting in line once and I made a bunch of show friends that way and her and her friends started the skank pit in the back so I got to hang out with them all night 4laugh
mosh-a-bator xp anyway so yeah he doesn't skank. at ALLLLLL! crying It makes me angry because he's all "lets listen to some ska!" and then he sits down. is that humanly possible? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:47 pm
UreshiiNyoko
I think ska kids in general are nice. A girl let me borrow her coat while we were waiting in line once and I made a bunch of show friends that way and her and her friends started the skank pit in the back so I got to hang out with them all night 4laugh
mosh-a-bator xp anyway so yeah he doesn't skank. at ALLLLLL! crying It makes me angry because he's all "lets listen to some ska!" and then he sits down. is that humanly possible? confused

All 5 ska kids I know are really nice... lol but yeah, I don't like to dance. At all. Skanking isn't dancing for me though because I can't skank to just anything. Which makes ska that much more special wink
Oh and he might not want to skank because he either doesn't know how, doesn't feel comfortable doing it, or just doesn't want to do it. I think I only started skanking after a couple of years listening to ska because I have Chorophobia (a fear of dancing) or something... Anyway, at least he still listens to ska, right? sweatdrop  

McHuggies

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:45 pm
I love to dance. And I find it fun to skank to non-ska music. Skanking is special to me because my friend dragged me to the pit and I stayed there for the rest of the show after I got elbowed in the neck while I was running away from a mosh pit sweatdrop heart

maybe but I wish he'd try. guys need to dance more. He barely listens to ska but I'll change that. He listens to rock and heavy metal and such stare

It's a start. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:05 am
I always try to avoid mosh pits... I just want to listen to music, not punch some guy in the back of the head while someone elbows me in the gut neutral

I'm uber self-concious about dancing, but then I'm totally comfortable with something like public speaking. It's weird. But like I said, skankin is different for me. I enjoy doing it anywhere, anytime biggrin  

McHuggies

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:58 pm
*avoids mosh pits like they're the plague* yeaaaaah....

I'm perfectly comfortable doing ANYTHING in front of people but the second I have to sit down and talk to a person I get all weird and stuttery. but that goes away after a while anyway. *meh*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Last year, when I was at the Warped Tour with my friends, we kept going to empty stages to watch our favourite bands set up instead of watching someone else play something we didn't like. It was great because we were front row for like 5 bands we all liked and there was no crazy moshing.
Not only that, but my friend Jenna at one point (I think it was when Fall Out Boy was playing) was getting crushed by people against the rail because she's so small, but security helped her out. So it was actually safer too xd

lol I think the best part though was that when we were leaving, we met some people outside who wanted to buy our tickets, even though there were only like one or two bands left to play. We ended up selling them for all our money back, so we basically got to go for free! blaugh  

McHuggies

Isabeya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:24 pm
McHuggies
Last year, when I was at the Warped Tour with my friends, we kept going to empty stages to watch our favourite bands set up instead of watching someone else play something we didn't like. It was great because we were front row for like 5 bands we all liked and there was no crazy moshing.
Not only that, but my friend Jenna at one point (I think it was when Fall Out Boy was playing) was getting crushed by people against the rail because she's so small, but security helped her out. So it was actually safer too xd

lol I think the best part though was that when we were leaving, we met some people outside who wanted to buy our tickets, even though there were only like one or two bands left to play. We ended up selling them for all our money back, so we basically got to go for free! blaugh

Yeah, Warped was fun last year, though I don't listen to FOB or any other bands with a similar style.

But I got to crowd-surf during The Offspring's set, which is pretty much the highlight of my life. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 pm
Isabeya
Yeah, Warped was fun last year, though I don't listen to FOB or any other bands with a similar style.

But I got to crowd-surf during The Offspring's set, which is pretty much the highlight of my life. whee

lol I kinda got ripped off because two of my favourite bands didn't go to Warped in Vanvouver last year neutral
Oh well, it was still wicked fun. Oh and they were selling these energy drinks (I don't remember what they were called) but on the last day they were givin 'em away for free so we stuffed our clothes with them for the drive home. It was funny xd

Aww, you're so lucky! eek  

McHuggies

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 pm
lol

Sean Paul said his new song "Temperature" is a nod to the old kind of music called "skat".

I think he meant Ska, and I hear NO resemblence to it anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 pm
haha Sean Paul is a silly little man.  

UreshiiNyoko

McHuggies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:22 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
lol

Sean Paul said his new song "Temperature" is a nod to the old kind of music called "skat".

I think he meant Ska, and I hear NO resemblence to it anyway.

Way to represent, Sean Paul xd *thumbs up*  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces