Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:57 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: plain black robes

I guess she has a point about owing favors...

When Catharine brought back the issue of Kas, David's stomach grew a little calmer about the upcoming ceremony, and answered quietly, "I suppose you are right about not wanting to owe anyone favors... and you are right it could be nothing. I really do hope it is nothing, but if it isn't..." He trailed off with a shrug. "I hate mysteries: mysteries need to be solved."

Returning to their more lighthearted question to turn off eavesdroppers he added, "I'm not saying that only royalty should enjoy the color, merely that it is the color of royalty. I could go into the history of how purple dye was more expensive but I'm pretty sure textile histories would only bore you. I was desperate on reading materials once and end up with something from my mother's library. She's big into art and stuff."

He shook his head, "Anyways, good thing I look good in green then. I can wear emerald then." He glanced back to the doors to the great hall and muttered, "God, I feel sick... I'm going to end up in Slytherin like the rest of my family aren't I? So much for a quiet Ravenclaw existence..."

StudiousDemoness
Greycast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:05 am
Staring up at the midnight Sky.
I wonder what it would be like to fly.
As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash stepped into the hall. His eyes bright and taking in all of the castle's hall. "Wow!" he said. Turning on the spot it was then he noticed the ghost. Filled with shock and awe he stared at the transparent figure. A ghost?? I KNEW THEY WERE REAL! HA TAKE THAT REVEREND KEN! he thought cheerfully. The strict priest of the church Ash had once attended was very much hated by the dark haired boy.

Let Us Go: Antechamber :: Let's Forget the Pain: Nervous and Excited! :: Just us together: The Other First years! :: Forever together No one. Single! ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
And forget the pain that was around.
Just a view of the midnight sky.
And a simple question of why.
I set off and I fly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:09 am
User Image
                                                  All I know is just you're not here to say
                                                  What you always used to say
                                                  But it's written in the sky tonight
                                                  So I won't give up, no I won't break down
                                                  Sooner than it seems life turns around
                                                  And I will be strong even if it all goes wrong
                                                  When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
                                                  Someone's watching over me

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kayla was once again bouncing in place, her excitement overflowing. She grinned widely at everyone. "It's time! It's time! We are going to be sorted soon!" she said before she saw the ghost appear. Oh! What one is that? she thought now very curious.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

That I won't give up, no I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong even when it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
That someone's watching over, someone's watching over
Someone's watching over me, someone's watching over me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:16 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas returned to the crowd of waiting First years. Smiling at them he nodded. "We are ready for you now." he said as he turned and led the way through the double doors into the Great Hall.

(( Sorting is Now Open! ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:52 am
User Image

"I'm glad you are catching on to my lack of care for dye history," she replied with a chuckle. It was strange to think of David curled up in some posh sitting room flipping through pages of fashion magazines and art books. She wouldn't have been able to last and probably would have gone to the telly or else her laptop. Those thoughts cut her short. She'd never be able to use those things here. So now what would she do for herself? She wouldn't be able to use her cell phone either, but she had come to terms with that the night before. She had left her laptop because it hadn't made sense, but now she realized it was more than just that. They'd probably no outlets in this ruddy place of stone.

It was such a shocking revelation that even as she sighted the ghost, it didn't raise her interest. Though somewhere in the back of her mind, she wondered how she had missed it earlier. Then slapped than part of herself telling it, It's a ghost! You normally don't see them at all!. She was snapped back from all her thoughts when David's worried stirred up again. She looked up at him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Look, don't fret. Wherever you end up, you can't be controlled by it. You can find your quiet even if you have to struggle a bit for it."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Greycast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 am
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep
Dreamed of para- para- paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

User Image
User Image

WearingWhere: Hogwarts AntechamberWith:Echo, Elsie, and Leonette Thinking: Finally!OOC: sorry for the late reply!!

·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

The ride to the boat house and the subsequent walk into the castle seemed to move a bit too fast for Tanya because before she knew it they were just outside the Great Hall waiting to be sorted! She began to bounce lightly on the soles of her feet with excitement, anticipation, worry, doubt, amusement...everything! She noticed a few ghost swooping through and only waved to them as they went by, not exactly sure on how to act around one. She noticed Echo looking worse off than she was and took one of his shaking hands and gave it a light squeeze and encouraging smile. "Easy there! You'll do fine, besides its just a hat remember?" she giggled talking quietly to him remembering their encounter at the bookstore. Tanya looked back up to Leonette talking to him as well and asking what house he wanted to be in. She'd eat the Sorting hat itself if her friend wasn't put in Ravenclaw like his sister! "What about you Leonette? What House are you hoping for?" she asked the girl curiously.

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Life goes on
It gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear, a waterfall
In the night, the stormy night
She closed her eyes
In the night, the stormy night
Away she'd fly.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 am
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

As the professor came back out Claire looked up, was it time to sort?
What house would she be in?

Closing her eyes for a moment to collect herself the young witch walked forward, following the way to the sorting hat.

"..." She wasn't nervous, not at all.
Nerves were weak.

...Was she nervous?
All the lying and dodging she did she couldn't tell what was a trauth or lie anymore.

My feelings? I'm curious you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Time to sort..."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "Exit to the sorting hat~" Out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 pm
╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
The entrance to the Great Hall was simply beautiful, with a few paintings and an intricately carved door that would lead to something Maxine guessed would be even more wondrous. Standing right before the room, which in it held what would determine who she would be associated the most with as well as what traits she may not even know she had, left her with little calm. Her belief of self and excitement were there, but besides the fact that she suspected she would thrive at Hogwarts, what good would it do if she didn't belong to any of the houses? There wasn't much time to ponder on that as it was time to go in. So, with a heavy heart, she walked through the doors, trailing along with the group, into the great hall.

▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Unsorted Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm
How do you DO, just nice to MEET you
And I can TAKE you on from HERE
But THIS is where it all STARTS
So follow THROUGH, in the SHADOWS
‘Cause I HEAR the storm is CLOSE
Let’s HOPE you can HANDLE it
Yeah, so NICE to meet YOU
Better BELIEVE in me RIGHT NOW

Mood: Excited
Thoughts: I'll be Sorted soon!
Company: First Years

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R |User Image

Elsie spoke up quietly, blue eyes shining with nerves and anticipation. "I'm sure we'll get in the house we really belong in, right?" She looked around at the three other first years. The blonde professor whose surname, if she remembered correctly, was Brighton. She was pretty sure she'd been to his family's estate that summer for a ball. But that was besides the point. The man was leading them into the Great Hall, and as they lined up, she cast another glance at her friends, before she exhaled silently. Okay. This was going to be fine. She was excited, not nervous. Excited.

Feel your HEARTBEAT start to SKIP

((exit to Sorting))

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

‘Cause I SWEAR I will not let you DOWN
If you see me FALL, I will get UP again
I’ll make you a PROMISE, that this is not the END
Just like I SAID, get a HOLD of yourself
Well, HERE we are, so close to MIDNIGHT
And I can BARELY see your FACE
It’s HIDDEN in a SILHOUETTE
But we CONTINUE, into the CENTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image

Leon Stone | PurE-BlooD| Unsorted
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image"Love is bullsh*t. Emotion is bulls*it. I am a rock..."

--» Leon kept to himself for the most part, not really poking his head in on conversations but not because he wasn't nosy, he just didn't care enough about people here to begin with so why bother? But, then the deputy headmaster came in and announced that the sorting would begin and with that, the flood of newblets flowed from one direction to the next, all awaiting their futures in...the dorms and Leon was no exception to this as he shuffled along too.

With: People
Wearing: School Robes
Where: Antechamer -> Sorting
"...I'm a jerk. I'm an uncaring @sshole and proud of it.”."

Leon_Redir

Conversationalist

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
    ————————♡ ♡you're rightнαℓf-вℓσσ∂
    User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera grinned even wider when she heard Kas's laugh for the first time and remarked upon it instantly, "You should laugh more often. It sounds nice." As the red head said that he thought he was happy and smiled, the pig tailed girl shrugged with a rueful smile. "Maybe. But...I got the feeling that you were...mm, what's the word... Content! Rather than really happy. But I just met you! So I could be wrong." She tried to reassure him, fearing that her words might offend him.

The young witch began to draw away, but then Kas stated that it would be an honor to be her friend and she blinked in mild surprise before giving a sweet smile of happiness and tightening her arm linked with his.
                          "I already made my first friend! I was really sad when we moved here for me to go to Hogwarts because I left all of my old friends, but I'm really glad that we can be friends."

It was only a second after that when the Deputy Headmaster returned and announced to them all that the sorting would begin now. Piera gasped and nearly trembled with excitement as she let go of Kas' arm in favor of straightening and smoothing her robes before lining up with her new found friend to be sorted.

σut σf crαck?!ooFriends~

ωhεɾε Antechamber -> Great Hallway. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what house I'll get sorted into. ooooo ωเtђ Kas.

Greycast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Upon reaching the antechamber- - - and turning right so as not to be in full sight of the whole hall- - - Kas was now walking slowly along the dim corridor, occasionally pacing, but still moving slowly if not steadily forward. Biting the inside of his cheek, the whole thing processed from there to biting his lower lip. He had probably just made the most fantastic start to the year he could have ever had done. He should have just kept his mouth shut- - - damn it all, he knew how he could go off when he was even the slightest bit irritated. It took a whole lot to irritate him. It really did. Unfortunately, it didn't seem so, since he had pretty much blown up, according to normal standards, though he didn't so much as raise his voice and kept perfectly calm all through out it. Maybe he had been a little bit harsh in his words but with the way things were going, it certainly called for it. "Brilliant. Marvelous job, Kas," he muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets. Noticing the still-green colour, he took out his wand and did the spell that would remedy that. Although still horrid in blue, it was probably the most appropos thing to do at the moment. Blending in with the shadows - - - as much as his hair and skin would allow, anyway- - - he continued walking at his slowed pace, not wanting to get lost so soon into the day.

It was an understatement when Kas decided that he didn't particularly like school.

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Diamond Wales

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Friendly 100
    PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
      яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera whipped her head around looking for red hair as she entered the Antechamber and didn't see anyone at first until she stopped and looked carefully all around. Then she saw Kas off on the right side, pacing in the shadows. Stepping delicately towards her friend, she watched as he changed his robes from Slytherin green back to Ravenclaw blue and the action made her smile softly as she stepped closer. "See? I knew you'd look good in blue." The pigtailed girl spoke up, making her presence known before her expression became worried again as she asked, "Are you going to be okay Kas?"

σut σf cαndу:ooSorry about last night Grey, hopefully tonight will be better for actual back and forth posting~

ωhεɾε Antechamber. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Is Kas okay? oooo ωเtђ Kas. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:34 pm

The voice behind him stopped his pacing and looking over his shoulder, the redhead caught sight of Piera. Hearing her voice, Kas sighed, puffing out his cheeks before turning around to answer her question. "Yes, thank you," he smiled. "I'll be fine, and thank you. I apologize about earlier- - - I take it to mean it wasn't exactly how you wanted me to help with the situation," he replied, a self-deprecating smirk on his face. "I might have gone a bit overboard with my words, despite not screaming."

After having said so, Kas immediately went back to pacing, though less obviously this time. It wasn't too often he had made some questionable decisions, which was probably why he was acting like so. Sighing again, he frowned, this in addition to the blue robes was going to push him over, it would. Blue robes. He sighed exasperatedly again.

Piera Touko

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diamond Wales

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
      • WilyTrickster 50
      PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:39 pm
      User Image
      Echo is...spacespacespacespace
      CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Antechamberspace
      CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
      CURRENTLY WITH // Kas and Pieraspacesp
      CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
      CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Geez, you try to be nice...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
      When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
      ════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo exited the Great Hall, his normally calm, quiet demeanor disrupted by his annoyance. That David kid was a right git. Didn't seem to listen fully to a word anyone else said, insulted the Sorting Hat, of all things, and then made a big show of having a migraine and accused Echo of not knowing anything about Muggle Medicine, based on absolutely no evidence aside from, perhaps, the fact that Echo was Muggleborn... and hadn't David been the one to say only moments before that you couldn't judge someone from their bloodline? And gone on about how he knew so much about muggles? Pretentious git.

Echo almost walked right past Kas and Piera, but stopped short. He'd been about to just keep walking, wandering the castle with little thought on the matter, but that seemed like a bad idea. So, he turned around and closed the distance of a few meters that he'd put between them, offering a small smile.
                                                              "Er, mind if I join you lot? I don't fancy the thought of getting lost on my own." Honestly, he didn't want to get lost at all, but he wouldn't mind exploring the castle a bit... not now, though, it was not the time. Better to do it during the day, after classes had started, when people would be about and could direct him if he got turned around... right? But that little tingling sense of adventure poked its head out, eyes wide and taking in the expanse of new territory looking to be discovered. Echo ignored it, though. It wouldn't make a lick of sense to go anywhere right now, would it? Although, if the others came with him, at least he wouldn't be alone...

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                              Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

Piera Touko"

Greycast

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games