Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:51 pm
Jian just shook his head, and gave a sigh. He knew he probably was going to regret this next suggestion. "It would seem prudent I try to disguise myself. You wouldn't happen to have anything that might be less suspicious than this, would you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 pm
Alyn couldn't help himself, he snickered at the thought of this supposed jedi asking a dancing girl for clothing advice. "Why don't you dirty it up... for one thing looking clean pegs you as someone that can afford to wash your clothes."

"As if you even know how to wash clothes!" The sith operative called out.

"Strange... I don't even know her name and she knows me so well."

stellarmagic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:09 pm
" Most of what I have would expose you a bit too much. " Danika said, holding back a laugh. " There might be some things backstage though, but getting out of here without causing a scene might be hard. Most people don't like it when someone steals their things. However, I do need to go backstage anyways before I leave here, so I can probably sneak something out while I'm back there. "  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm
Kira kept watch at the front door. At least, that's what the jedi claimed. Kira was partly taken in by the sheer destruction of the cantina as she stepped in. It was like someone rammed a car through the wall or something. Still if these people were trying to bum a ride off her, might as well make it worth her effort. She stopped examining the walls long enough to just toss off a number before looking back at the gaping maw.

"Five thousand. A piece."

lady_skuld

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 am
Jian nodded, he couldn't expect much more. He looked once at Alyn, rolled his eyes, and headed past him and back towards the main part of the ruined cantina, looking for a seat near the bar. He tried to collect his thoughts as best he could, knowing that time would be short.

~~~~
10 years prior...

"Come in," an ancient voice boomed, as Jian felt he must obey. Master Li sat in meditation, his strange methods only alluded to his reptiliannature. Black hair tied into a ponytail, with thin, long fu man chu on his face, the Falleen master seemed more at peace than many others. Jian often wondered if he felt out of place, with Draethos, humans, caamasi, and others running around, but today was not the day for such questions. Kneeling down, Master Li took a breath, and poured a cup of tea for the two of them.

"Ah, there you are. I watched your fight with pride. I believe that this enclave does not host many fighters you have something to learn from. Your unorthodoxy would do great good to teach even our seasoned knights, though I wish that it would not be so random. It makes our jobs as mentors much more difficult to teach the basics with."

Master Li gave a small chuckle, and a sip of tea, before continuing. "You are my best pupil, and I need not complain about the difficulties. I have done my best to prepare you for obstacles to come. Have you considered what your future may bring, and the path you are on?"

"I'm sure that you will tell me what I need to know, Master," Jian replied, a slight bow of the head nodding his approval.

"No, a person's destiny is his choice, and a choice is only best made when made freely. Always be ready to learn, as your time here draws to an end. Classes do not measure one's ability, but their teachings are not without merit. Not every setback grants wisdom, as a person who only loses demonstrates his inability to win. While we do learn from our mistakes, some do not contain any new wisdom to learn. Be wary, my student, otherwise you will learn that you have been defeated. I do sense great things for you, and I may guide you, but I have kept such dreams from you."

"I'm sure you had good reason to, Master."

Master Li gave a smile, and a low breath. He poured another cup of tea for himself and Jian, and took a sip before continuing further. "A person who knows of his destiny before he is ready, often meet unfortunate ends. Only the wise man seeks attention when they are able to confront it. These are evil times, Jian. The people will be scared. You must not be afraid."

Jian listened carefully as he drank from the cup. His expression must have failed to hide his concern as Li gave a polite smile and extended a hand to the youngling's shoulder.

"You needn't fret too much. Such paths are much further down the road. As for right now, you need to begin your initiate trials. I am sure you will pass the knowledge exams with flying colors, as much time you spend researching the lore of our order. As you well know, this is the first of our trials, but I have believed that the trials of the initiate should extend far beyond that of other enclaves. As such, you also know that the initiate's tests we do here mimic to a lesser degree, the knight's tests we give later on. As for such, the Caamasi enclave has a reputation of having a higher degree of jedi than most others in the galaxy. Skill, courage, insight, endurance, and spirit are all qualities which judge and make a jedi. To which, we send our youth into the spirit caves, but only the first level. I wish you to have the best of luck inside, as only you will understand the trials inside, and what they mean."

Jian put the cup down, and slouched back to scratch his shins before resetting his stance. "Is it safe?"

Master Li gave an odd chuckle at the question. He looked down and stroked his chin, before taking another drop of tea. "Few places can be truly called safe. Take your time, and comprehend, but understand... The safety of the cave comes only from what dangers you bring with you. Go, rest, and meditate upon this, we shall prepare you tomorrow."

~~~

Jian sat back up in his seat, and took a sigh, ready to head with the smuggler off the planet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 am
Danika left the room and went backstage. A few of the cantina's dancers were there. Some were preparing themselves to go on stage while others were relaxing after putting on a show. She went to where she hid her lightwhip and got it out, quickly putting it in her hidden pocket. She looked around and saw the normal clothing of one of the dancers who was currently in costume. It wasn't anything special, which made it perfect for the situation at hand.

Danika used the Force to hide herself from the dancers, making them all see her as simply sitting down and relaxing for a few minutes. Not seeing her true actions, Danika was able to grab a shirt, pants, and boots, and leave without anyone noticing anything. Once she was back in the main area of the cantina, she went straight to Jian and handed him the clothes. " I suggest not changing here, but this should work for a disguise. I just hope it fits you. " she said quietly.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 am
Ilia had expected Cinn's gloating. She knew that, though he kept a level tone, he was smug with her failure. The woman felt distaste and rage build within her and squashed it down. "The Jedi won't be a problem. I'll see to it personally. Was there anything else?" Already she was planning on what to do. They'd have to act fast though, and make it as convincing as possible. Bring down some typical Sith brutality, make the Republic think they were here in force.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 am
User Image

"Yes. Have your men start questioning all armed civilians and begin confiscating their weapons." He said. "With your experience with those hunters and my own situation shutting down mercenaries, there are far too many guns for hire on this otherwise peaceful world. We need to control that situation."

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 am
The suggestion was logical and so Ilia had no problem relaying the orders down the chain of command. She also had to agree, the Hunters were a serious issue. She couldn't blame them for flocking here at the prospect of working for the Sith, but they had prevented her from capturing the Jedi. That was intolerable. "It shall be done immediately. Might I suggest that we take a heavier hand to the planet? We need to lure the Republic here as quickly as possible, and the only way to do that is with a show of force. The more panicky the locals all, the more likely they are to come, and the more forces they'll deploy."

She knew that by now, the Republic should know about the destruction of the Archival hive, as well as the arrival of the Sith battlecruiser. They should already be mobilizing some kind of reply. They just had no way of knowing what kind... yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 am
User Image

"I have already destroyed one of these Ruurians' colony cities." Darth Cinn declared. "Their center for Xenoarchaeological studies was rife with Republic sympathizers and needed to be made an example of. I had it leveled. What else would we need to do?"

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:16 am
"If you feel that is sufficient, then I won't contend," Ilia replied smoothly. "It was merely a suggestion. Shall I attend to my duties now?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 am
User Image

"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the Location." Darth Cinn Demanded. "The sooner we pull those Republic Mynocks into our trap, the sooner we can be done with this wretched, worm infested planet."

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 am
"As you say," the woman admitted. "I don't see that we have any use for the local armory complex. The Colonel intended on dismantling it anyway. Removing it would remove any chance of the locals rising against us and being armed while doing so. The defense force houses their vehicles and weapons there, and once we deal with the mercenaries in the area, the planet won't be able to resist." She hoped that he would let her be now. The loss of the armory complex wouldn't hurt them in the least, with their prefabricated garrison.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:41 am
User Image

"Order it dismantled then. I will be taking off to regroup with the Executioner and maintain the blockade on outgoing traffic. Once you have located and captured the Jedi, inform me immediately."
Cinn then ended the transmission and ordered his men to start preparing for lift off. He had what he wanted from this world. Now he needed time to go over it, safe from the prying eyes of Nightwind and her cronies.

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 am
Finally, he was gone. Shutting off her holoprojector, she left and immediately went down to see the Colonel. She was pleased to see that her orders had been carried out so far. Spotting the sith, the man saluted. "Lady Nightwind?"

"I recently had a talk with Darth Cinn. I am passing the order to you that we need to deal with the armament of the locals."

The man nodded. "What would you have us do?"

"To end all immediate hostilities, I want the Defense Force armory raided and dismantled. Take everything of value and destroy the building. Then I want every mercenary in the city accounted for and disarmed. If they want their weapons back, they need to apply for a new license to serve the Empire."

The man nodded tersely. "It's a tall order, but it can be done. Anything else?"

"How go your previous orders?" Ilia demanded.

"So far, so good. The entire city's on lockdown. The spaceport is quarantined, and we have crews ready to inspect all ships. Communications are being monitored as well. Soon we'll have control over that as well."

"See to it that it's done. Do we have any other forces available?"

"We have a battalion of reserves on hold. What do you require?"

Ilia pondered this briefly. "I want a Platoon. Special Mission. I have a Jedi to capture, possibly more, and I suspect he won't come quietly."

The Colonel nodded, already sending the order out. "Very well. They will be here in five minutes."

The woman nodded, pleased. As soon as they arrived, she took the group and led it into the city. Her destination: the local cantinas. She suspected the Jedi would still be trying to book package offworld.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games