Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm
User Image

Where we are: -- Dueling Club
Who we are With: -- The other duelists
What we are thinking//Ooc: -- So first years can't do anything but attend? No fair!

I wanna scream and Shout and Let it all Out!

Try to hide your hand, forget how to feel, Life is gone with just a spin of the wheel

These tricks that I'll attempt Will blow your mind

Raph led the way, he and Sapphire had been talking about learning to officially duel. But according to what Shayna had told the two, Sapphire wouldn't be able to participate this year. So instead Shayna decided to learn as well. She hoped this would go well. Raph and Shayna walked up to the talking group and Shayna quietly smiled a hello. For a Ravenclaw she sure was shy. But Raph recognized some of the people there. "Hey Tobi, Victor. We also wanna sign up." He said while Sapphire took a seat a bit away to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor blinked a she shrunk away from the confrontation, he wasn't exactly the bravest person out there.
So he was quite relieved when nothing happened, that was always a good sign.

Spotting Raphael, Victor nodded and waved back, "Bonjour~" So more were signing up?
Good~ He wasn't gonna be the only one besides Ronna then.

I feel relieved you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Can't wait~"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club

David walked over to the meeting spot for dueling. He loved the dueling club almost as much as he did Quidditch. Looking over the group there was a lot of none Slytherin members. It made David feel better about it really because the last couple of years there were nothing but Slytherins in the club. "Hey. Shayna what brings you two the dueling club?" he asked her curiously. The reason was probably obvious but he just couldn't resist asking.

With: Club members

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 pm
I tried to be p.e.r.f.e.c.t
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me
real
I thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said
This place is so empty
My thoughts are so tempting
I don't know how it got so
bad
Sometimes it's so crazy
But
nothing can save me
But it's the only thing that I have

User Image

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Sixth Year Vice-Captain, 𝔅eater

He stretched as he slithered out onto the steep hill that led up to the clock tower courtyard where the Dueling Club had been held for as long as he could remember. Nostalgia washed over him as his gazed stormed over the scene, and, for a moment, he almost expected Belle to be waiting there for him. He shook his head. He’d check up on her soon enough, as soon as Hogsmeade weekend opened up, he had to. After the summer that she had, he owed it to her. Drowning the thoughts away with a sea of memories, he had to shake it all away once he reached the group gathered at the heart of the summit. ”Hey Marina, you ready for another year?” He was rather scarce the last year, what with OWLs, and his mum being all up in his arse about everything. But he couldn’t let inevitable future stop him from enjoying his life today. If anything happened, he knew he’d have someone to turn too—and that was more than he could say for his parents. There were a few new faces gathered he hadn’t met for before, and if he had, well, he certainly didn’t remember them. ”Hey,” he greeted with an aloof wave of his hand to the others gathered around.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 163lbs ☣ Age: 16
Dueling Club
Adorned inserpentine robes
╚═══════════════════╝

I tried to be perfect it just wasn't worth it…............ ............. ................... ...................... .................................... ........... ........
Nothing could ever be so wrong…............... ................... ..............
It's hard to believe me, it never gets easy
…...................... ....... ................ ...............................I guess I knew that all along ............ .................…That I’m better off on my own

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Digital Static

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old ~~~~Dueling Club sign ups

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

Watching the dueling club last year, Amory intended to join this year. It would seem that she was planning to be more active in her extra curricular this year, or try to anyway. She walked into the courtyard and saw that others had already arrived to sign up as well. She recognized some of the other first years. Victor, she thought his name was, strange accent, pink hair. Then there was Veronica, a Gryffindor that was rather outspoken. Neither of which she had really gotten to know or interacted with on a regular basis, but they had been in her classes of course and would be this year of course. She joined the group waiting to sign up, staying mostly to herself. So far, other than two prefects, there didn't seem to be anyone else from her house here. Yet anyway. So, in the meantime she would watch the rest.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm
User Image

Where we are: -- Dueling Club
Who we are With: -- The other duelists
What we are thinking//Ooc: -- So first years can't do anything but watch? No fair!

I wanna scream and Shout and Let it all Out!

Try to hide your hand, forget how to feel, Life is gone with just a spin of the wheel

These tricks that I'll attempt Will blow your mind

Sapphire watched as people started to show up. In fact several were slytherins she noticed. But then all those wanting to sign up weren't... She sighed. So far nothing interesting. Shayna looked over shyly as David arrived. "Well, Sapphire and Raph wanted to come to the club and dragged me along. And Since Sapphire can't do anything but spectate I figured I would join too." The fourth year said. She was kind of worried about this sort of thing but oh well. Raph only glanced David's way before smiling as another second year arrived.

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 am
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

Finally, he relished. No more awkward eavesdropping or lifelong snogging sessions, or anything! He was glad that only she participated in the dueling club. It was her, and just her, and she was so much easier to keep an eye on this way. He’d learn so much, both personal and subjective, and he’d use all of it to his advantage. Much to his surprise, there was a lot less Slytherins gathered at the club than he remembered of last year. He blinked. It didn’t matter though, not really. His eyes fell upon Amory; she was here last year just like he was as another faceless crowd in the stands. Sergio had been here as well, but the lucky sod was transferred to Durmstrang, and he couldn’t help but feel a surge of jealousy because of it.

We're never who we say we are
                          1.5m (5ft) and 45kg (98lbs)

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club

David nodded in understanding. “Well it’s great to have you aboard.” He told her. “Don’t worry this club can be really fun.” He assured her. Looking to Raphael David would love to go at it with the kid. Something about him made the sound of dueling him that much more exciting for David. Question was how Shayna would take it if he chose to duel the young Hufflepuff.

With: Club members

OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Alone | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

Marina surveyed the gathering cloud with delight, looking around at all the new would be duelists. She riffled through her bag before triumphantly coming up with the sign up sheet and a quill. "Okay!" she yelled, making sure all of them, silent or chatting, heard her. "I'm Marina Aldred, overseer of this club! New or not, everyone put their names down in this sheet so I can keep track of everyone! Put your year down too! If you're in first, sorry, you're going to have to just watch." She handed the sheet to the pink haired Hufflepuff closest to her. "Just hand this around, will you?" She turned to Dominic with a slight smile. "As ready as I'll ever be." she commented lightly, before turning to count heads. She glanced at the group of students. "I think we have an odd number right now, but that's fine, I'll sit out and supervise when the time comes. But before I set any of you loose on each other, we need to go over some stuff." She folded her arms over her chest and stared them all down. "Rule number one: don't be stupid. Please. Dueling can be fun and light-hearted and everything, but don't fool around. You could potentially seriously injure someone, no matter how experienced you are or what year you're in. Rule number two: personal stuff stays out of this club. If you have a problem with someone else, well we can't all be best mates, but don't duel someone you'd really like to hurt. I don't want to have to explain to the Headmistress why someone's hair was set on fire or what not. Speaking of fire, that brings us to rule number three: No fire spells. You may not try and roast each other. No cutting spells either. You may not try and slice each other up. No spells that could land someone in the hospital wing. Also, this is a duel. We use magic. Do not turn this into a street brawl. If I see you trying to trip someone, kick someone, hit someone, whatever, I will make you sit in a corner like a child." she promised flatly. She exhaled, taking a breath after her lecture. "Okay. I'll stop drilling you now. How about you guys talk? Can anyone give me some examples of some basic spells you would use in a duel, and demonstrate for everyone?" she nodded her head to the side. "The targets and dummies are right there. Have at them."

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 pm
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

ɪ ᴀsᴋ ʜᴇʀ ωʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ωᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕнє ѕαι∂ ωє'νє ÁŔŔĨVĔĎ ωιтнσυт кησωιηg
ᶤ ᵍᵒᵗ ᶰᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵗᵘʳᶰxxxxxxxxxx
ı тακε мч cнαпcεƨ ı ɔσп'т cαяε ıғ ı ƁƲƦƝxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxᵒᶰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶠʳᵉᵉʷᵃʸ ᶤ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵖᵉᶰᵈ ᵐʸ ᵈᵃʸˢ
ı ƬΛҠƐ MY ƇĤΛИƇƐS ı мαч пενεя яεтυяп, cσмε вαcκ αɢαıп

xxxxxxttire: [x]
xxxxood: Relieved
xxocation: Dueling Club
ompanions: Club Members

"Waiiiit! Waiiit!" A voice called out. Panting, Miranda showed up last minute and was relieved to see that the club meeting had only just started. Showing up late to duel club still paled in comparison to falling in the water in her first year, but it was still slightly embarrassing nonetheless. Pulling beanie off, Miranda ran a hand through her hair before fixing the cap on and smiling to the others. There were a few faces she'd recognized - David and Ronna from Gryffindor House, and some of the second year students that included the Russian, Amory Raph and Victor. The rest of the students were strangers to her, but she figured the girl speaking was the club leader or something. "Expelliarmus is one, the disarming charm." She said to the group when she'd finally caught her breath. At that, Miranda raised her wand, and with a slight twirl of her wrist, Miranda called out the spell, creating a bright white flash of light shot from her wand, striking the dummy.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor smiled at the chatting he was surrounded by, at least this would be fun.
He wanted to see how dueling was, it also gave him a chance to probably toughen himself up.

Victor didn't want a repeat of the fair incident.

He took the sign-up sheet and nodded as he wrote down his name and house, before passing it to someone else.

The frenchman then listened up as she explained the rules, they all seemed to be ones that everyone should already know. But he was sure there was some who would try to break the rules.
Victor then tried imagining himself fighting someone physically and almost laughed, that would just be a pathetic sight.

Victor thought for a moment as he thought of a spell to use.
Having one in mind he aimed at a dummy and gathered his thoughts, "Flipendo!" He then watched the dummy wobble and fall back some as he smiled.

"Ummm...Also known as a repelling spell?"

I feel excited you know?
My inner thoughts are, "This is fun~"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin walked out to the courtyard quietly, figuring he'd see what the turnout was for the club this year. He saw Amory back, which created a strange feeling of contentment inside of him, combined with the conviction not to see her hurt. Odd one, this. Pulling out his wand, he ran his fingertips across the brittle surface slowly, watching the others. He would do even better this year, he was sure of it.

With: Club Members

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

As Amory noted the others that had gathered around to sign up, she noticed a first year Slytherin who, by the looks of it, was there to watch just as she was last year. Her eyes caught another emerald green uniform as Dmitri joined the group as well. She gave him a nod of silent acknowledgement when he looked over her way. There didn't seem to be a very big turn out still. Marina finally spoke up and told them how this was going to play out. There were a lot of "don'ts" so far, but she supposed that was probably for the best. She made her way to the parchment where she signed her name as requested and then turned her attention back to the group.

One of the Gryffindor second years, Miranda, Amory thought her name was, demonstrated the disarming spell when an example was required. Then Victor, the pink haired hufflepuff demonstrated the knockback spell. Her eyes shifted from those demonstrating spells to Edajin, who had just joined the group. A smile came to her lips when she saw him. She had actually been wondering if he was going to show up. Hoping too, but she wasn't sure she'd admit that.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 pm
User Image

Amanda never seemed to arrive at the Duel Club on time. Never. Who cares? It's just a club. The blonde didn't make anything of it since no one depended on her to show up. It wasn't the same as something like Quidditch, where the whole entire house counted on every player out there. Blue eyes skipped over the room, and she realized the students had been demonstrating spells on dummies. The seventh year watched each one carefully. Although she wasn't at all in charge of the club, she could help out if they needed it.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Noticing the stack of paper, Edajin went over to scrawl his name down. 'Edajin Tarot. Slytherin, Third Year.' When he put the quill down, he stood beside the training dummies, going through spells and counter spells in his head. Against a dummy, he could do little more than offensive spells. Raising his wand, he spoke out the incantation "Waddiwasi", watching as a wave of loose rocks and pebbles from the cobbled courtyard flew upward and launched themselves at the dummy, striking it an several places ranging from head to knees. Glancing at the others, he spoke quietly. "One might use the 'Flipendo Contendo' spell to repel the objects thrown at you using 'Waddiwasi'."

With: Club Members

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games