Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:30 am
New Year 2031 - 2032

Some Changes are...

* Students must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points.
      Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If so it will count as if you were present for that lesson.

* Make Up Assignment(s)
      For anyone wishing to make up for a missed lesson or want extra house points, feel free to write a report on a topic related to the subject and submit it to my office before the end of the year. Anything from the game mechanics, history, equipment, or positions are considered acceptable topics. So long as it is related to Quidditch and/or flying feel free to write about it. (A small paragraph will do.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:47 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch) - Friday @ 10:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before be get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

mc2
Sera Avery, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

mihori_0624
Dawn Yamamoto, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
Tristan Hastings, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
Zephyros Whitethorne, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

RedEagleEye007
Lionel Lira, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:16 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Instead of tugging around his satchel, Tristan opted for his gym bag which carried his father's old broom, a servicing kit with polish, his beaters bat, a pair of goggles, and an extra change of clothes just in case he got too bloody, too muddy, or too sweaty to travel back to his common room and properly change. Maybe it was a bit of wishful thinking—or maybe he'll just take a romp around the castle grounds to make up for it. He's had so much pent up energy all day, it'd be such a relief to get out there and just run. He hadn't realized it, but he'd done nothing but fidget once he reached the pitch and had to wait around for the rest of class to show up. When offered with the chance to speed the class along in order to get on his broom, he lunged for it. ”Beaters beat the bludgers, either offensively to take down the opposite team or defensively to protect their own. They're the ones who provide seekers and chasers windows of opportunity to steal, score or catch the snitch. Without a good set of beaters, even the best team can lose if they're too busy being pummeled.”

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: classes】 【COMPANY:: students】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'2", 114lbs
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:01 am
User ImageDawn Yamamoto
Pureblood || 3rd Year || Slytherin

Dawn escaped the confines of her dormitory's common room, wondering back to the previous company she had there before she left for summer vacation. It seemed like such a long time ago.

Finally though it was time for her flying class. She didn't think she would actually find herself loving this class, but surprising she did. Flying was amazing and if the teacher was a good one, well she really couldn't complain about anything.

What she didn't expect though was that someone was already there. He spoke with an air of impatience and confidence. He knew his stuff it seems and he looked like he was ready to bolt into the sky with just the right signal.

He looked... Like she knew him too.

Dawn stepped beside him, greeting her professor with a nod as she listened to the end of his answer. It was a prompt one, it would seem but, right. That so far, was obvious.

She looked at her professor now, waiting for his reply. The guy, who she now realized as Tristan, third year, same as her. She remembered him having similar classes and she did somehow remember him when in the great hall and common room. He was after all, Slytherin as well. She was debating with herself now if she should acknowledge him, but she was worried that it might not be welcomed. They didn't talk much after all.

Essy ze Ninja

mihori_0624

Hopeful Cadet

11,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Friday @ 10:00am

Listening to Tristan as he answered, Landon gave a nod and a smile. "That is exactly right, 10 points to Slytherin." He told Tristan before continuing on. "Like Tristan said a beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them, as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers." Landon said before adding. "There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the ones most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target."

“Now, I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice. I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger, and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before, with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit, but do not worry if that happens. I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll 3 or lower you lose a life (In this case you won't take a life)
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if higher then targets AC = Hit (In this case - Targets AC is 12)

Skills:
                                    If you already have skills - use the skills you have
                                    If you don't have skills click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills.

OOC: If you have any questions just let me know.
                                    Note : You may try to hit the target as many times as you like and you don't have to wait the six hours as you are hitting dumb targets.

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

mihori_0624
                                    Dawn Yamamoto, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Tristan Hastings, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales

RedEagleEye007

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 am
This a long time coming like a comet pass;
Got 'em all fired up from the rocket blast!
And if I fall on my sword turn my bones to ash...
Let it clog up the sand in that hourglass.
We're in the title fight, blow for a blow!
And you can reap the benefits of what I have to sow.
'Cause I'm about that worth of which you don't appear to know-
So you can take the scene while I take over the show.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

third yeargryffindormuggleborn

Aster loved Advanced Flying, and she loved playing beater. This was going to be brilliant. Hitting targets wasn't as fun as trying to hit other players, but it was still pretty enjoyable. She lined up her first shot almost giddily.

OOC:
Position: Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Username

It's a long way down when your head is in the clouds...
And all around the sirens play; don't get in my way!
Don't tell me I should bow, 'cause I'm no clown;
And this is not a game, don't get in my way!
Poisoned by the snakes in the grass...
Hoaxed by the rats out the maze...
Shoulda never poked the lion as she passed;
'Cause now it's two hawks in a cage.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:04 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targeting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

mihori_0624
                                    Dawn Yamamoto, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Asteria Frey, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:28 am
User ImageDawn Yamamoto

So, Dawn managed to get to class on time this round so she smiled as she raised her hand haughtily not even waiting to be called before she said, "A seeker's sole purpose would be to catch the Snitch. Seekers play an important role in Quidditch because the game does not end until someone, the seeker, catch the Snitch. It gives 150 points when you catch it and it always almost wins the game." she said in a confident manner.

She did make it a point to read on the position after deciding that she wanted to be a Seeker.

murruelecreuset

mihori_0624

Hopeful Cadet

11,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:12 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

When Dawn spoke up Landon nodded. "Thanks correct 10 points to Slytherin." He said before addressing the rest of the class. "As Dawn said a seeker's job is to catch the snitch earning 150 points to that team and ending the game. In most cases it will result in a win but not always." He said before getting to the fun part.

"Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task as I stated before is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if 19 or higher = snitch spotted
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if 22 or higher = snitch catch

OOC: @mihori_0624 : Link to rules has been added. Please note once you post you can not add a post action to it.

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

mihori_0624
                                    Dawn Yamamoto, Slytherin : 2/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:59 am
User ImageDawn Yamamoto

((I'm not sure how to do this roll dice thing can you give me a link to the "same as quidditch rules thing? Thank you!))

murruelecreuset

mihori_0624

Hopeful Cadet

11,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:10 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in, he went straight to it with a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class, today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser and Keeper. Why put the two together? Well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now, who can tell me about either position? Any takers…?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this particular lecture today. Almost made you wonder if he played one of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was always his happiest teaching the class during this time.

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

mihori_0624
                                    Dawn Yamamoto, Slytherin : 2/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:23 am
New Year 2032 - 2033

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before be get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

Miss GryffindorK
                                    Gideon Reid, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Cara MiaKitty
                                    Jasmine Pierce, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Emma Bailey, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

mc2
                                    Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Hannah Grey, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Savannah Hastings, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Rhys Hamilton-Blake, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Michelyn Whitethorne, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Kyson Macclellan, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Porcelaine Ivory
                                    Liam Cade, Ravenclaw: 0/4 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 am
User ImageUser Image
Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƈнαѕєя

Gid hopped to Advanced Flying class, his broom slung awkwardly over his shoulder as he moved. He didn't have the luxury of easily carrying things, and his broom wouldn't fit in his backpack. Perhaps he could make some sort of sling? He had to carry his broom frequently, and because of the special modifications to it, it was rather difficult to carry. When he got to class, he set his broom on the grass beside him, then grabbed at his crutch again, hoping not to fall over. The teacher greeted them all, and Gid responded in kind, a smile on his face. Apparently they were going to learn about all the spots on the team this year. Awesome! First was Beater! Cooooooool! He asked what they all knew and Gid did his best to raise a hand, then spoke anyway. "Beaters are the people with the bats. There's two to a team, and their goal is to hit those on the other team, in hopes to better their team's chances. On top of that, Beaters have to actively protect their own team members, in order to maximize their odds." He thought for a second, realizing there was a lot more to being a beater than just hitting people. Before anyone else spoke, he decided to continue. "Beaters have the most strenuous spot on the team. They're slinging around heavy bats, and the bludgers are ridiculously heavy. Also, they're the most likely to get hurt. Not only are they a threat to opposing team members, but they have a good chance of just getting hit by free-flying Bludgers. 'Tis an occupational hazard for those actively playing with dangerous objects." He nodded, grinning happily at his explanation of the side-effects of playing Beater.

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ωнαт'ѕ ιηѕι∂є ιт
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ǀ'ℓℓ ƒιgнт ιт
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη, ηєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ, ɴᴏ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ ɪᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη,
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ
, ɴᴏ.

Ƴσυ cαη'т тαкє мє, ǀ'м ƒяєє

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:06 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Hannah was excited to be there for Advanced Flying, as she getting class credit for a bit of extra quidditch practice, so naturally she ran down to the pitch with her broomstick in hand. It was also cool they were discussing her position straight out of the gate. Gideon offered a good bit of information, and Hannah really didn't have much else to add. "Quality of Beater play can determine whether a team does well or not. Gryffindor's team two years ago had almost non-existent Beater activity, and were nearly swept that season, and Slytherin had a Beater team referred to as the 'Bludgers of Doom', which allowed them to have a stranglehold on the Cup these past few years."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out