Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[ORP] Nothing to Sneeze At (MINIBOSS PG 18!!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
its me debz rolled 5 12-sided dice: 8, 9, 9, 10, 9 Total: 45 (5-60)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:18 pm
WAIT FOR ME

A pouch of sand from the Sahara
Tree sap still clinging to the bark it had been scraped from
A forgotten flask of venom (extracted from a scorpion)
its me debz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:20 pm
ffffffffffffffffffff  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm
As they walked around, the Elder slipped vials of this and that, nodded at a few, stare oddly at others, gathering what they wished until their robes were draped with the little glass containers like Christmastival baubles around a tree. Once collected, they laid them aside. While some continued to work, most seemed ready to move on, and so the horseman stamped their foot and jingled in lieu of clearing their throat.

"Continue as you will," they said to those who still needed to create their pollen mixture. "The rest of you: it is time to test your concoction. For the War birds' purpose, we will need to get our own subjects rather than use those kept here." That, and some Famine horsemen could get particularly territorial, which they felt was unnecessary drama for a classroom-like setting. "What they desire requires a special touch. Rather than cage and bring these minipets back, we must...handle them more roughly. Come."

While their assistant, a sage nose deep in a book on Northern European flora, stayed behind for those who were still working, the Elder beckoned for the rest to follow them. Down another small set of winding tunnels, though not as lengthy as the ones they had taken to arrive at the Oasis, was a portal. On the other side was a misty jungle, the ground barely visible and the air wet and warm. The sky was barely visible through the treetops high above, and all manner of distant noises and calls echoed about.

The horseman steepled their hands together, bone and taunt flesh. "Your task is to find and fight your prey of choice," they said. "To injure, but not to kill. The more desperate for its life it is, the better. Once the subject is prepped," one of their hands disappeared again, and with a clink of gold and bell produced a small cloth bag, "dust a little of this into its available orifices--the nose preferably, if it has one or an equivalent of it. This is a little invention of mine, meant to medically numb and calm when inhaled. Do be careful not to do so yourself," they added, briefly sounding annoyed rather than placid. "I have already gotten in enough trouble with its abusers.

"Now, with your subject in tow, you will return to your station and apply a portion of your mixture to its wounds. This will counteract my powder if you followed my instructions while creating it; make sure the restraints are tight enough to keep it from thrashing about. Write down your observations. Afterwards, you may help your fellow would-be alchemists--" A pause, a glance at Xala. "Or true alchemists," they continued, and one might swear behind the wraps they were smiling, "if they are struggling with their catch. Once you have all made your notations and applied your 'salve', as it were, we will move to the final step."

Quote:
STAGE 2: SPECIMEN RETRIEVAL AND PRELIMINARY TESTING

Time to find a minipet! The jungle has a variety to choose from, but whether your horsemen has the balance of power necessary to maim rather than kill is another story.

You may choose whatever minipet that you feel would be appropriate for the setting. It has 20 HP and will flee once attacked, so you'll need to give chase. You may use your Fears, and Fears do refresh between minipet attempts!
  • If its HP is dropped between 1-5, it will be physically weakened enough for you to catch it and use the numbing powder! The powder is very fine and quickly disseminates in the subject's body, leaving it limp and vaguely aware in your hands.
  • If its HP is reduced to 0 or lower, the minipet dissipates and you'll have to find a new target!

Once you sedate your minipet, return to your work station. While the minipet is weakened, carefully bind its limbs/constraint it so that it will not escape, as the powder won't last long. After it's in place, take a portion of your mixture and begin to apply it on its open wounds. Roll 3d6 for the reactions you see as you do so; they may occur in whatever order you wish. Once you have finished and recorded your test, you may help others with catching their minipet if they are struggling.

1. The pollen seeps into its blood and quickly dries it out. The muscles around the area begin to twitch as it swells with irritation. Its breaths become more labored while its heart (or equivalent to it) beats furiously.
    2. Midway into applying your mixture, the minipet snaps away and begins to thrash at its restraints with unnatural strength given its state. There isn't fear in its eyes, however; it's distinctly angry at you.
    3. The minipet's eyes and nose (or analogous parts) begin to redden, and it struggles to pick at them with a hoarse cry. Mucous begins to slowly drip out as it fights for breath.
    4. Nothing seems to happen at first, but your minipet is watching your every move once it wakens, its eyes almost completely dilated. Without warning it lunges for your hand when you get close enough and nearly does enough to make you bleed. You can see a savage, almost sentient look of pleasure in its gaze as it waits for another chance.
    5. The mixture you apply seems to disappear as you apply it. Soon after, the areas it's touched discolor and stiffen to an almost leathery quality. It flakes if scratched at and is prone to bleeding. The minipet weakens further and is barely able to stand.
    6. The one moment you turn your attention away, the minipet gives a loud shriek and breaks from its restraints, eager to destroy everything in its path. You have to quickly catch, powder, and restrain it again before its blind rampage disrupts someone else.

THIS STAGE WILL LAST FOR ~72 HOURS

IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED STEP 1
You may still roll for your ingredients/mixing! Once you are successful, the sage assistant will check your work and send you to the portal for Stage 2. Remember that all rolls must be filled out, even if it's just a few words!

xxlurks beneath

xxYayoi

xxchirigami

xxEight

xxSmerdle

xxBaneful

xxkuropeco

xxEnoh Love

xxCarhop Cavalier

xxhanging gallow

xxProlixity

xxbaby_gwing

xxBeejoux

xxand be blue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 pm
"Well....." Wrath gave a half shrug of his shoulder. "I think we both might have our fair share of foals gallivanting about if it were that simple." His grin widened.

When Soren answered his question, however, he listened with a more somber look. "I can only imagine. I am sure I will feel the same, someday." He couldn't help but glance towards Na'ima, who, low and behold, was actually approaching them, and it seemed with a gift! Wrath helped in whatever way he could, carefully wrapping the thin veil around the babies face, though he felt slow and clumsy. The brush of Na's hand against his face before she wandered back to work made him smile before he turned his attention back to the other death stallion.

"....Ah, yes, well...." His face suddenly reddened slightly, and another glance was given to Na'ima. "Perhaps someday is not quite so soon as that."

ramenli

eight

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 pm
Soren gave the other stallion a hearty clap on the shoulder, and if it'd been a lesser man it probably would have shoved him forward a few paces.

"It's true it's not easy," he admitted, "but you'll get there. You just need someone you're truly compatible with." That was key in making sure that the FEAR combined after all, and he certainly had that with his priestess.

He was in a jovial mood though, his first major outing since Valdis' birth, so he was a bit more talkative than usual, causing him to wrap his arm around the other soldier's shoulder and lower his voice. "You know, if you ever want that sort of thing and can't, you know, follow through with a mare or something like that, I'm here for you. I'd have to talk to Neru about it but I'd be willing to help you out."

Well, he'd pitched his tone a bit lower, but not really his volume. It was a start.

Seussi
Soren is very helpful

Beejoux
Disown him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 pm
The clap on the shoulder was met with hardly a flinch. Wrath was too much a well honed, battle hardened warrior for such a small thing to move him. Of course, his sheer mass was probably a major contributing factor as well.

It was clear to Wrath that Soren was in much lighter spirits than usual, and the large soldier could not help but feel it was likely due to Nergui and the infants influence. It was, in it's way, fascinating, and there was a not so little part of Wrath that yearned for something similar.

But then there were other parts of him that still balked.

As the other stallion continued, it became clear to Wrath that some things never changed.

"You, my friend," He decided, "Are impossible."

And even if the prospect was more than a little tempting...

."And you're also going to get me in trouble. I'm trying something new, now, and I don't think she'd approve."

ramenli
you're bad omg
eight
ramen is being bad

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

ramenli rolled 5 12-sided dice: 5, 6, 11, 9, 11 Total: 42 (5-60)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:48 pm
Soren could only shrug at the assessment. There was too much history between the two of them to deny it, though in truth he had changed. The likelihood he'd wake up next to the stallion unexpectedly was almost nil at this point.

"Good luck," he offered, and he meant it too. There was something about finding a specific person, and he wouldn't begrudge the other stallion that. Even if it did mean that two prime Death stallions would be off the market. "But I do mean it, so my offer stands. If it ever comes to that."

He started to move toward the ingredients to be picked though, knowing that the others were moving on without them, making a mental note to send some of the apple scented hand lotion he liked to Wrath sooner rather than later as he selected his ingredients.

A vial of human blood
A small bag of minipet droppings
A discarded scrap of animal pelt with flecks of dried blood x2

Seussi

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 am
There it was again. Dread. It made it difficult to give the Elder her full attention when she instead had the undeniable urge to look and stare at Wrath and Soren. They were talking about something, something that had Wrath...was..was he blushing?! What!? Golden eyes widened at the sight of it. He'd never done that with her before. What could possibly make that man blush? She let the group go on ahead of her to instead weave through them to get to Wrath, eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"What are you two plotting over here?" She asked pleasantly enough, though the arch of her brow didn't match it. She didn't know Soren but she was getting to know Wrath better with every day. "I feel as if I should be worried, and that is concerning." A look was cast toward the Death horseman now working on trying to make spores, her hand coming up to light scrape her nails along Wrath's arm. "You should make one, too. It is good fun, I managed to make four of them." There was clear pride in her voice as she spoke of her accomplishment, and even despite her concerns over Wrath and Soren's behavior she still seemed to be bristling with excitement.

Nevertheless she lingered a moment to look upon the bundle of foal in Wrath's arms and then up at the face of the stallion himself. Though it was hidden she frowned and then shook her head a bit as if answering a thought she kept to herself. Her hand drew away from Wrath to fix her scarf and veils, giving the stallion a nod her head. "I must go. There is still work to be done. Have fun with your friend.." She paused, looking Soren's way once more. "I think..." There was no trust there.

Finally she turned and walked off, following after the group heading out to collect minipets.

Seussi
ramenli
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Smerdle rolled 9 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3 Total: 25 (9-36)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:44 am
He liked the idea of fighting, but using minipets as test subjects was... well, it made Mmur sad. Boo hoo. But in this instance, it had to be done, even he could see that. Any trial runs performed on actual hunters would alert them too soon, and testing it on themselves in this particular case would be silly. The soldier stuck with the pack and passed through the portal with a wrinkle of his nose. So humid. He'd have to hurry before his feathers got all droopy.

Stepping forward into the trees, Mmur found a humbug as big as his face staring at him from a nearby trunk. It would do nicely. Too bad he wasn't ready for a fight at all. Rather than summoning his whip, he stood there, staring at the bug vacantly.

Humbug HP: 20/20
Damage: 0 (T2 SS)

Eight rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 Total: 20 (7-28)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:51 pm
Leaving the stallions behind, Na'ima followed the rest of the group into the jungle. It didn't take her long to find one, but it was more tricky than it looked as it slithered right on past the slam of her weapon into the ground. Damn. She hated this part.

Clean Slice (T2 The Battle Cry); Using her weapon, Na'ima puts every possible amount of energy she has behind the swing or strike to deal a heavier blow.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Smerdle rolled 7 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2, 3 Total: 16 (7-28)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:42 pm
Oh, right! He was supposed to be sedating a minipet. But first he needed to weaken its resolve so that he could do so without a fight.

His whip was summoned in an instant, and before his opponent could register his threat, Mmur had lashed out with all of his strength, slashing across the bug's shell. It screeched and sped up into the tree, leaving the horseman behind on the ground.

Humbug HP: 7/20
Damage: 13 (T2 BC)

Smerdle rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:11 pm
It had been a while since he'd climbed a tree, with all of the work he'd been doing in the tower. Mmur hadn't lost his touch even so, and he hopped up onto the lowest branch of the one the humbug had fled into with no trouble at all. It was a little unwieldy to hold a whip and climb at the same time, so he desummoned his weapon as he went, intending to rely on his bare hands to subdue the minipet.

As injured as it was, he took no time to catch up to it, and when he did, he wrapped his legs around the branch it was inching across and grabbed it up, compressing it against his chest. It struggled for a minute or so, but Mmur eventually found the right spot to squeeze in order to incapacitate the creature and it sank into unconsciousness.

And fine, the powder helped.

Humbug HP: 3/20
Damage: 4

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Eight rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:47 am
Good thing fighting was never expected to be her strength. She was an alchemist, not a soldier. Keeping her weapon summoned, she spun the chain and kept the sickle twirling while she wandered the jungle. She was ready for anything.

And anything just so happened to be shaking a branch above her head. Looking up sharply, she loosed her weapon toward the source above her. There was a screech and something fell from the branch to land in some bushy plants below it.

Mini HP: 16/20
Damage done: 4  
Eight rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:50 am
No, it needed to come out. Her weapon was tugged back only to be whipped forward again, slamming down on the minipet and then dragging it back out of the bushes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh, was it angry. It hissed and thrashed against Na'ima's weapon, getting free but not fleeing this time. It turned on her, legs spread and ready to spring, head lowered with horns pointed threateningly toward its attacker. Na'ima rolled her eyes at the display.

Mini HP: 14/20
Damage done: 2  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-16)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 am
She would just have to make quick work of it before it could strike at her. And so she slammed her weapon down again, this time knocking it on the head with the dull side of her weapon.

Mini HP: 9/20
Damage done: 5  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games