Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:42 pm
User Image
                                                Got on my s k a t e b o a r d and began to
                                                Push a w a y from my house

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd, who still felt sore from his skateboarding incident the other day, made his way to the Daily Dragon. Although he limped, it was not nearly as obvious as when he showed up to the Quidditch tryouts. The boy was entirely not surprised when he walked into the room to see the Welbelove siblings seemingly arguing with Taylor about something. However, his eyes fell onto a new boy sitting alone. “Hello,” he greeted the room as he picked up a form, filling it out quickly before handing it back and heading over to join the new member. “Hi, I’m Syd,” he said, introducing himself. “What role did you sign up for?” he asked curiously. Maybe the new kid would join him for the comic section. In Syd’s experience, not very many girls were interested in that sort of thing. Then again, not very guy was, either.

Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Year: Third
                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                Any experience: I like doodling and creating comic strips. I’m not great with creating storylines though. I’ve also gotten more experience and practice by being part of the Daily Dragon and the Art club for the past 2 years.
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I can be useful for the comic strip section and creating them is a past time that I already enjoy
                                                Please produce an example of your work Here you go
                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Had a j a c k e t in my backpack
                                                I threw it on 'cause it was b l o w i n g cold

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? No one yet
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to remember words...
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why can't I think straight???

After a long, long summer, Milan was back at school. Honestly, he couldn't tell if he was happy about it, but he knew it wasn't his favorite. He felt even more excluded from his family, more alone than ever. The morning of needing to open the newspaper, he looked blankly through his dresser drawers, trying to find some sort of an outfit to wear. Normally, he kept himself always presentable, usually in at least a two-piece suit, but he decided he simply couldn't muster up the energy to dress fancily. Instead, he grabbed a pair of jeans and a warm sweater, deciding it'd have to do for now.

He walked the halls in a slower fashion than normal. He normally speed-walked everywhere, but today he was glad to just walk around. Even still, his long legs kept his pace pretty quick. Once at the club, he pushed open the door, turning on just enough lights to see while keeping it from being overly bright. He grabbed a dry-erase marker from his bag, then started writing on the board. Okay, his name under Lead Editor, Then he needed.... pictures, right? And writing... What else could he need to do. He scribbled what he had so far, staring blankly at the words. Maybe when Echo came in, she could help finish it up. Oh wait.... he scribbled his sister's name under the lead for the Fashion Column they normally shared. Photography... that one went to Taylor, but this year, he decided to divide the work. Beside Taylor's name, he wrote out Daphne's name as well. He then sighed, one hand rubbing his temple while he tried to kick his brain back in gear.

{{Wearing :: Jeans???}}
          addaellis

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:10 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

”Excuse me, how did you–” The door opened to Echo asking, quite skeptically, how some person had managed to get in and graffiti the whiteboard before Milan had even opened up the room– that is, before she realised that the boy with the jeans and frumpy sweater was her dear quadruplet. ”Milan! Oh you’re already here,... good.”

Theoretically, Echo knew Milan had a pair of jeans– multiple, in fact. She had occasionally seen him work it into some actually very stylish outfit, but she wasn’t sure she had ever seen him wear jeans at school. And such a frumpy sweater! As she set down the cookie bin, she realised that his socks didn’t even match the outfit.

She knew Milan was grieving– Echo personally resented the dorky, fast-talking musical hobgoblin that hung around so much for monopolizing Milan, then ditching him to snog Yari– she couldn’t even get away from him in death with everyone gossiping about it in the Common Room after hours. But Echo wasn’t so heartless as to not feel remorse that someone had gone out that way. Milan and Yari cared about Angier dearly. And she cared about them.

And right now, Milan just needed someone to get him through this meeting.

”General Photography,” she told Milan quietly. ”Daphne’s position. Syd Barrett, comics and art. Jane Egareva and Zack Knapp, writers. Today we mostly just need to talk about the first issue and match any newcomers to senior staff members for their assignments. You've got this.”

Echo pulled the forms for each position out of the file cabinet in the back and set them out before flipping through her sketchbook for the page she’d jotted some ideas for down. Her eye immediately jumped to Animagus process–possible missteps? History of accidents?. It had been her attempt to help her quadruplets cope, but the images she’d stumbled upon were…well, she couldn’t imagine they’d be helpful.

setting Daily Dragon first meeting of 2058 || withMilan. Other staff incoming.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing black semi-sheer blouse + black angle skirt+ metallic gold leggings + knee-high heels
status Milan

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Echo
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to remember words...
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why can't I think straight???

Milan was struggling to remember what words he needed to write and where, much less run the club. He blinked at his own name, the letters seeming foreign to him. When he heard a stern voice behind him, Milan simply leaned forward a bit, head resting on the heavy whiteboard as he sighed. The voice was one he had known all his life, so he knew he could let down his guard a bit. He glanced down at his attire, then turned to look at his sister. Messy hair partially obscured his glasses, though they didn't hide the shadows beneath his normally bright eyes.

He went to hand over the pen, but instead she told him what to write. He nodded once, following her instruction to fill out the board so far. Her soft voice then mentioned what they'd be doing that day, his hands moving slowly to cap the pen and set it down on the tray. "Just... start it up. Put... people places... I got this..." His own voice was unsure, betraying his exhaustion. He nodded again, grabbing his notes and sketchbook from his satchel. He hadn't been able to draw much since the passing of his best friend, but maybe doing activities he previously loved would help kick his brain into gear. "Just... please make sure I don't completely shut down. Not in front of all these people. It's bad enough that I have to keep my emotions down all night, but I'm so tired." He sighed heavily, rubbing his fists against his eyes to try and hide some of the exhaustion.

addaellis

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:48 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

Milan’s uncertain voice gave her her orders: Start the club, get the working. She fished a comb and makeup palette out of her bag, tentatively– she knew Milan cared about his appearance, he just seemed too exhausted to do anything. She could do this much for him at least. ”May I?”

She got to work, neatening his appearance as he continued. Make sure he didn’t shut down in front of everyone. He was keeping his emotions down all night. Did he need to scream? Echo had felt terrible for screaming at her whole family over what wasn’t even their fault– her terrible grades were her own damn fault–and for throwing Paula across the room, but she had felt quite a bit better. Professor Kieran would have called it catharsis. Spiritual rubbish. …But if the spiritual rubbish helped….

”Look up for me?” She said instead when Milan rubbed his eyes. Echo rummaged in her bag again. ”Eyedrops for the redness. And I can cover up the bags.” She applied the makeup quickly, before anyone else could get there before nodding, satisfied with her work. She couldn’t completely erase all signs of sleeplessness and stress and grief, but that would be unnatural. Just a light dusting to throw people off how bad it was. Over the weekend she could shop around the apothecary for ingredients, check the library for potions…maybe get something for his skin and sleep? Damn all the beauty shops being in Diagon–wait no, she didn’t care about that anymore.

”Want to floo over to Diagon over the weekend? We can get you a proper, relaxing massage and skincare treatment, pick up some nice scents or a dreamlessness potion?” Echo offered. Of course she could brew the Potion of Dreamless Sleep-- she'd done it last year a few times--and look up the proper dilutions for extended use. But it made more sense to just have a professional-- and it might get Milan and Yari outside for some sun.

setting Daily Dragon first meeting of 2058 || withMilan. Other staff incoming.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing black semi-sheer blouse + black angle skirt+ metallic gold leggings + knee-high heels
status Screw school boundaries, let's floo to a salon and get you pampered.

Cinnabun Gryffie

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:20 pm
She lives in a fairy tale
Somewhere too far for us to find
Forgotten the taste and smell
Of a world that she's left behind

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Fiɾst Yeɑɾ 🧏‍♀️ Unpɑid Inteɾn 🧏‍♀️ Alwɑγs Wɑtching

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra was enjoying Hogwarts just as much as everyone told her she would. She wasn't exactly leaping out of her shell but she wasn't hiding in the library hissing at people who got too close either. As a good show of faith, she decided to join a club and landed on the newspaper instead of the actual art club in regards to her comics. Art club seemed like it would just be a close gathering of people who would talk and look at her allot and...yeah no. She wasn't there yet. Arriving at the club room, she could see she had made the right choice only seeing a handful of people rather than a full room. Sierra made a beeline for the stack of forms and managed to fill hers out in record time but now, confusion set in. Who exactly was the editor? Hmm...
                                                In the end she cautiously approached the pair of older students with the form and gently laid it on the desk next to them eyeing both of them with curious eyes. Huh. They looked like twins.
                                                [color#B22E80]"Ty

Name: Sierra Whitethorne
                                                Year: First
                                                House: Hufflepuff
                                                Any experience: Not professional?
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I figured it would be fun to have people other than my family see my comics
                                                Please produce an example of your work [x]
                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Keep your feet on the ground
When your head's in the clouds
Well, go get your shovel
And we'll dig a deep hole
To bury the castle, bury the castle

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Echo & Other Club Members
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening News
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Did I really look that bad?

Milan finally let out a deep yawn, covering his face with the soft wool of his sweater. Echo held a comb in hand, asking for permission to try and wrangle his normally messy hair. He nodded once, tipping his chin down to allow her to access his hair a little easier. He'd actually grown a bit taller than the girls over the summer, which was weird, especially given that they all looked so similar. As she combed his hair, Milan slipped his glasses off, tucking the arm over the collar of his sweater.

After she'd stopped trying to straighten up his hair, she asked him to look up. He squinted over at her, spying a fuzzy bottle in hand. Milan tilted his head back, letting her drop in the eyedrops, before promptly rubbing his eyes with his sleeves. Before he could move to put his glasses back on, she started doing up his makeup, making him feel like he must really be a wreck. He huffed out a sigh when she started dusting his face with foundation powder, but let her finish.

When she asked about going to Diagon over the weekend for massage and skin treatments, he sighed again. "There's not much point. We can put in a mail order and see if we can sneak in the prefect bath if nothing else. Plus I'm pretty sure we'd get detention for life, or worse, our weekend trips revoked." He cleaned the makeup dust off his glasses and pushed them back on, just in time to see a younger girl wander in and start filling out paperwork. "Hello, come on in. Let's see, comics? Cool, go ahead and hang, we'll see about getting you paired off with another one of the artists in the club. Everyone should be in soon." His voice sounded tired, but he tried to at least emote a little bit.

addaellis

yukina101

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Daily Dragon Newsroom
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milan, Echo, New News Student
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Waiting for the boring assignments
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? At least I'm used to being last pick...

Daphne had been waiting all summer to return to the safety of the newsroom. Lots of big things happened over the summer, from things as simple as her braces being removed, to something as big as one of the fellow Slytherins meeting a terrible demise. Maybe, just maybe, this would be an escape to happier things, especially since the mood in the dorm was just... so sad all the time. Unfortunately for Daphne, that meant she'd been sleeping in the comfy chair in the common room a lot over the past week.

Walking into the newsroom, she noticed a few things all at the same time. One, there was a new person, two, Echo seemed concerned, and three, Milan owned clothes other than weirdly formal suits. She stepped in to fill out her normal paperwork, then set it on the pile. Stepping back, she moved to clean her camera lens, ready to start her yearly task of taking whatever pictures Taylor decided she didn't want to take. Then again, Milan and Echo often gave Daphne the grunt work, to the point the blonde was used to it. It helped that her brothers treated her the exact same way...

Name: Daphne Greensborough
                                                        Year: Sixth
                                                        House: Slytherin
                                                        Any experience: Plenty, both in the club previously and outside with my photojournalist parents.
                                                        Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love being able to capture wonderful moments on film. Plus, it's a great way to get practice for a potential career in photography
                                                        Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have several cameras, and I can develop any pictures I take
                                                        This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I always have

{{Wearing :: Cutesy Chic}}
addaellis

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛғᴜʟ ᴏғ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Wɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ
Dᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴍᴇ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴀ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs ғʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴇs, ɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Aɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄʀɪᴇs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:37 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Vice Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Member of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor audibly gasped upon walking into the dimly lit room of the Daily Dragon, noting that Milan, who typically sported a two piece suit, wore jeans and a frumpy sweater. “Who are you and what have you done with Milan?” she asked, debating whether to take a once-in-a-lifetime photo for evidence to show those who would end up missing this occasion. The longer she stared at the seemingly familiar boy, the more she noticed other things that seemed off – such as his mismatched socks and overly tired face.

The brunette cautiously approached to take a form and fill it out, before handing it back to Echo. “I don’t trust this new Milan,” she whispered to his sister before turning back to take a seat next to Daphne. Gods, she wanted so badly to gossip about all that was going on with her best friend, but when the person she wanted to gossip about was within hearing distance, that made things awkward. So, Taylor refrained. Whatever it was that Milan was going through, at least he remembered that Tay was the Photography Editor.

Name: Taylor Olson
                                              Year: Sixth
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Any experience: The private school I attended taught us basics of photography, and I’ve played around with my camera a lot. Additionally, I was a photographer for the Daily Dragon the last 5 years and I work on a lot of photography projects for the Art club.
                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I am interested in learning to take different type of photos of not only people, but also events, places, and things. After graduation, I want to be a fashion photographer.
                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:56 pm
User Image

So shake the m a g i c 8 until it b r e a k s
                                                And c l o s e your eyes and take a leap of f a i t h

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Reserve Keeper

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd noticed something was off upon entering the room. Were the lights dimmer than usual? he wondered but refrained from asking in case it was just him. The older students seemed to be in some sort of dramatic discussion (as usual), so the fifth year quietly took a form and filled it out before finding a seat next to the new girl. “Hi, I’m Syd,” he introduced himself. “I take it that you’re Sierra?” he asked, noting that was the only name on the whiteboard thus far that he hadn’t recognized. Cool, she likes comics, too! he noted.

Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Year: Fifth
                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                Any experience: I like doodling and creating comic strips. I’m not great with creating storylines though. I’ve also gotten more experience and practice by being part of the Daily Dragon and the Art club for the past 2 years.
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I can be useful for the comic strip section and creating them is a past time that I already enjoy
                                                Please produce an example of your work Here you go

Don't be a f r a i d of going your own way
                                                S h a k e the magic 8 until it b r e a k s

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:46 pm
She lives in a fairy tale
Somewhere too far for us to find
Forgotten the taste and smell
Of a world that she's left behind

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Fiɾst Yeɑɾ 🧏‍♀️ Unpɑid Inteɾn 🧏‍♀️ Alwɑγs Wɑtching

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra just nodded as the head editor welcomed her in and explained she'd be getting paired with another person. Yippee. She did feel a bit sympathetic to the guy though, he looked dreadful, but she didn't really know him-or anyone-well enough to point it out. Just as he said, more and more students started pouring into the classroom and before long one of them was actually approaching her and introducing himself. Words and logic escaped her and she could feel her eyes widening and white static noise filled her brain. She had prepared for nearly every eventuality except apparently the one where an older boy a, talks to her voluntarily and b,.....refer back to a. It took her a few tries to get her to regain human-like causing an embarrassed flush to go across her face as she nodded (a tad too hard) at his question. "H-hi! I'm a fir-first year. Hufflepuff." Sierra mentally pat herself on the back for only a slight stutter while her hands automatically signed her words.

Keep your feet on the ground
When your head's in the clouds
Well, go get your shovel
And we'll dig a deep hole
To bury the castle, bury the castle

kiska166

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A nice candle
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder if we'll get any newbies?

Milan walked into the news room, ready to get everything started. Flicking his wand, all the lights came on, and a wave of a soft, vanilla scent wafted about the room. It was nice to be back, especially since he felt back to his normal self. He organized the paper stacks from last year, left messy by none other than himself. Sixth year had largely passed in a blur. At least he had a few moments alone to help organize. And this year... he was going to try something new.

On the whiteboard, he simply wrote all the main positions, then a list of the for-sure stories. Quidditch, Clubs, jazz like that. He sighed softly, rubbing the sore spot in his leg. Most of the summer, he'd been in his office chair, able to wheel about the apartment between his sewing station, drafting table, and just about everywhere else. At school, however, there were miles of stairs that seemed determined to haunt him. Any time he stood at the top of any staircase, his heart dropped deep into his gut, worried of plummeting to his death every time. He plopped in the heavy office chair, setting out application forms on the desk.

{{Wearing :: A Crisp Suit, minus Jacket}}
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milan
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Lead Photographer?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He thinks I'm capable?

Daphne walked into the news room, a little surprised to see that Echo wasn't here yet. Usually she was here the exact second Milan was. Perhaps he'd just walked in earlier. Daphne grabbed the same form she used every year, for photography, and filled it out with her favorite pen. Once it was handed over to Milan, he wrote her name on the board. Normally, she was at the bottom of the list as Taylor got the specials every time... but this time, Milan wrote "Lead Photographer" beside her name. "Really? You're giving me lead? What about Taylor?"

Milan turned back to look at her, a small grin on his lips. "Well, if you want to go into journalism at the end of term, you'll need the exposure. I'll probably pair you with Echo, but we also may get some new writers in. And I've seen your work. You're more than capable." Milan's voice was steady, the taller teen turning back to his board to continue working. He seemed to be trying to organize people before they were all here. "Wow... Thanks Milan. And if you need help with some of the younger photographers, I'm happy to help." She felt her cheeks warm up, but luckily he didn't turn back around.

Name: Daphne Greensborough
                                                        Year: Seventh
                                                        House: Slytherin
                                                        Any experience: Six years with the Daily Dragon, plus extracurricular photography
                                                        Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I've been thinking about going into journalism after graduation, and I love working with the news for stories and the art aspect.
                                                        Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                                        This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Of course

{{Wearing :: Handmade Sundress}}
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛғᴜʟ ᴏғ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Wɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ
Dᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴍᴇ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴀ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs ғʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴇs, ɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Aɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄʀɪᴇs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:22 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

first year || Gryffindor || quarter veela
Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Announcer-in-Training || Music Club appreciator
dipping their toes in Astronomy Club || Art of the Sword || Art Club

Friday evening, Juliette wandered around the first floor looking for the Daily Dragon room. They were pretty sure they had passed it half an hour ago, but they’d decided to explore a bit more and now couldn’t find their way back. They had found the stairs down to the dungeons where Art of the Sword had been last night, but that wasn’t particularly helpful. Hopelessly lost, Jules caught up with an older student ascending the stairs with a little posse of books and a tin can following her.

”Excuse me ma’am, where’s the Daily Dragon Room?”

The older student smiled angelically down at Jules. “You’re in luck, I’m going to the Daily Dragon myself. Come along then. ”

Jules stuffed their attempt at a map– it’d have to be edited anyways–back into their bag and followed along. The older student made some light conversation about the club and whether they liked clothes and Jules grinned, showing off their socks. ”Oh yeah, Milk and cookies! Cool, innit?”

When they arrived, Jules waved at the room–there were only two other students, both who also looked very old. These must be the Editor-in-Charge and the…what was the other word Daddy had used? Big Editor-in-Charge? Management Editor? Oh well, they seemed like nice people. ”Hello sir and ma’am. My name is Juliette Delacroix, or Jules.” They paused before remembering to clarify they were nonbinary and their question about learning on the job. ”They/ them please. And I’d like to write, but can I also learn to draw and take photos? Do I…fill in all of these forms? Or just one of them?”

Name: Juliette Delacroix
Year: 1
Any experience: So school reports count?
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I'd like to write and would like to learn more about journalism writing.
Do you have a preferred section?: News, Features, and Quidditch?
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Daily Dragon, Quidditch shoutcas announcing, Music club, I might do Astronomy, Fencing, and/ or Art, but am still considering.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

Any experience: I've been drawing since I was really little!
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I like drawing and want to learn more about drawing for the paper.
Please produce an example of your work [Attached their sketchbook, which is a lot of doodles of like weird alien creatures, some still life, some studies of everyday objects.] They are more design than comics focused and will only lean into this more growing up.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

Any experience: no.
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: It sounds interesting and an important part of newspaper work. I just want to learn about it and try taking some myself.
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: no, but I can probably get it if needed.

setting lost > Daily Dragon room, September 2059 || with Lots of old people
appearance 4'8" slim ||wearing Pale green romper with milk and cookies socks
status Daddy used to work here!

Hues that you carry inside, they reside in the depths of your heart
Flickering red and blue lines intertwine, drifting in from afar
I’ll sing a song to you ringing so strong through the fiercest of winds
My voice will carry the words that I held here resounding within
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Suzume no Togimari" by RADWIMPS for Suzume. English Cover by IN0RI

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:04 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

seventh year || Slytherin || halfblood
Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick lancer

Echo had spent Thursday evening before classes started in a deliciously delirious state. She woke up at 15:30 on Friday afternoon, near her usual spot by the White Tomb, half-dressed and sore in all the right places. Under some undergarments were six half-completed star maps and what looked like an alchemical recipe to…synthesize some new kind of fabric? She’d scribbled Daily Dragon ideas into the margins of last week’s Witch Weekly–some in a weird poem style, some in Anglo-saxon futhorc runes. There was miserable, poorly constructed prose-poetry scrawled over the last 18 pages– or parts of the pages– of her notebook that made up a very graphic confession of…Resentment? Jealousy? Admiration? Lust? Surrender? Some long, rambling confession written out to…someone that definitely wasn’t Syd.

So, of course, the four and a half hours before the Daily Dragon’s first meeting of the year were spent recomposing and rehydrating herself before club, and deciphering the brilliant insanity of herself on drugs. Of the parts that made any kind of sense, half of it turned out to be reiterations of things she’d already jotted in her notebook before, but Echo felt an amused kind of satisfaction rereading her notes while high. She felt more creative on shrooms, and even if that creativity was just sober notes twisted into psychedelic colors, it was more interesting that way. Being high was pleasurable and if Echo was going to be the useless leg of the Wellbelove quadruplets, at least she’d have fun.

She went to collect the macarons and head to the club exactly on time– 5 minutes before the club officially started. She wondered if she ought to check on Syd or if he’d make his way to the room himself. Eh. Echo had a very productive four hours, even if some of that working through a headache; Syd would be more than fine.

Echo paused as a young child stopped her to ask for directions. Hmm, Ma’am, yes, that’ll do she thought, her polite smile widening with amusement and pride. ”You’re in luck, I’m going to the Daily Dragon myself. Come along then.”

Echo scrutinized the Daily Dragon hopeful, gathering details quickly: First year, of course, Gryffindor or Ravenclaw by her unfamiliarity with the lower levels. Smudges on her shirt and fingertips but high-count cotton on the shirt and well-constructed shoes– probably no interest or education in fashion, but from a family that was clearly well-off. She had a bag, but it wasn’t bulky enough for a camera or extensive sketchbook. ”Are you thinking of joining as a writer?”

”Writer and artist, maybe photopher? I’m not sure yet what I’ll like best. Daddy used to be a writer. But I draw a bit.”

”Quite a few roles. You’ll be busy,” Echo remarked. Ah yes, ambition. Echo vaguely remembered being a confident lass once. Even young, the girl did have classically beautiful features though. Yari or Harlynn might be able to mold her into something useful. ”Do you have any interest in fashion?”

The kid interpreted that as a question about her ridiculously silly mismatched socks. ”Ah…of course. Well, here we are.”

As they entered, the child introduced themself. Well hopefully their writing was better than their fashion sense. The Dragon needed new writers besides Zack and herself. Half the staff was going to graduate at the end of the year, and it would be pitiful if all their work on the Daily Dragon was lost with incompetent successors. Ah, but then again, all the young students needed to start somewhere. She and Milan had taken over as editors as early as their third years, and Echo’s own work as a back then was absolute rubbish compared to what it was now. She still found too many faults with her current work, but at least it was well-written rubbish.

As Juliette filled out the forms, Echo nodded a greeting at Milan and Daphne. She’d overheard the possible switch ups as she came in, but as usual, she and Milan had already discussed it. They had a pretty good idea what everyone was good at and what kind of work each of them might need to round out their portfolios, so that was that. Echo didn’t really think it needed further discussion. Instead, she busied herself with a few wand gestures, setting the macaron tin on the table with the forms, sorting her reference materials into the storage cabinet, and pulling a couple typewriters out.

setting Daily Dragon opening meeting., September 2059 || with Milan, Daphne, a new writer kid.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing Blouse + black skirt + flower-accent heels
status Was the Daily Dragon room always so peaceful and relaxing?

And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
In the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
✩★
~"Closer" by the Chainsmokers. Cover by Jonathan Young ft Travis Carte

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items