Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ask Ms. Knitty (and pals) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:24 pm
Yugure no Tasogare
instead of looking like a dragon... it just looks like a blob of grey ^^;;;

copy/pasted from their site

KnitPro will export a .pdf file to your desktop.
knitPro 2.0 7:5 ratio works better with higher resolution patterns because there is some stretching involved.
If you are having problems with knitPro try downloading the latest version of Acrobat.
If your file creates an all black or all white grid, your image is likely to have "indexed" color.
Please change the image to RGB and then use KnitPro.

Did changing it to RBG help?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:07 pm
I think it had to do more with the resolution of the picture more than anything, I tried a different dragon and that one came out pretty well.

btw, it's not for intarsia, it's for a picture to be hidden in an illusion scarf  

Yugure no Tasogare

nax is back

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:12 pm
*raises hand* I've a question. WHat is the best way to untangle yarn?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 pm
nax is back

What kind of yarn and how much of it?

In general, I'd say to spread it out on the floor, find an end and follow it in and out of loops and knots. Wind the end as you go into a ball. Watch a movie as you do this because if you have a biiiiig tangle, you'll be there a while and looking up at the TV to relax and chill out will be nice. Make sure not to pull anything tight. Work gentley and loosely.

I'm odd, though. I like knots and untangling them.

If it's cheap ol get-it-at-any-store acrylic and it's a big enough knot, I'd just pitch it; and I have before.  

Catcheen
Crew

nax is back

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:30 pm
Catcheen
nax is back

What kind of yarn and how much of it?

In general, I'd say to spread it out on the floor, find an end and follow it in and out of loops and knots. Wind the end as you go into a ball. Watch a movie as you do this because if you have a biiiiig tangle, you'll be there a while and looking up at the TV to relax and chill out will be nice. Make sure not to pull anything tight. Work gentley and loosely.

I'm odd, though. I like knots and untangling them.

If it's cheap ol get-it-at-any-store acrylic and it's a big enough knot, I'd just pitch it; and I have before.

Alright thanks. It is a massive tangle, so that can be my weekend project. sweatdrop

It is some el cheapo yarn, but I need it, cause I started a scarf with the same yarn and color, just a seperate ball. But I'll work through it. Thanks again!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 pm
I'm making the bzz hat for queen Bees but I want different buttons and not some granish ones that you can find any were. I mean the ones that goth and punks kids get when they make something cool. (they rock) Do you know were I can find some??  

AccentualWolf

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:33 am
AccentualWolf
I'm making the bzz hat for queen Bees but I want different buttons and not some granish ones that you can find any were. I mean the ones that goth and punks kids get when they make something cool. (they rock) Do you know were I can find some??

Buttons, eh? I usually got my buttons from hancock fabric, but they closed down. I think JoAnn's carries this brand and if you find anything, they might be able to special order it for you? Otherwise, I'm not too sure about any specifically goth/punk buttons. (though if you find a site dedicated to deviant subculture buttons, let me know.)

http://www.buttons.com/page/page/3979877.htm  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 pm
Thanks alot. I knew I could count on you to help give me more ideas. Thanks. LOVE YA BUNCHES! biggrin xd biggrin xd biggrin xd  

AccentualWolf

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:41 pm
I have a question about finishing openings (I was knitting with circular needles.)

I want to make a hat, but how do I close up the opening when I'm done? Right now it looks like a stretchy tube, but I want to close it so I can put it on my head without my head sticking through. I'm also thinking about attaching some cute (knitted) ears to the top of it.

~Clear Bubble  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:25 pm
Clear Bubble
I have a question about finishing openings (I was knitting with circular needles.)

I want to make a hat, but how do I close up the opening when I'm done? Right now it looks like a stretchy tube, but I want to close it so I can put it on my head without my head sticking through. I'm also thinking about attaching some cute (knitted) ears to the top of it.

~Clear Bubble

You'll want to cut the yarn and give yourself about a foot to work with. Thread the yarn onto a yarn needle and go through each stitch that's on the needles. After you've threaded each stitch, you can safely remove the knitting needle from the stitches. Now pull the yarn on the yarn needle tight like a draw-string trash bag. Now that little itty bitty circle at the top? Send the yarn needle through it and pull tight again. Weave the end in and you're set! You have a functional hat!  

Catcheen
Crew

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:40 pm
Thanks so much! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:53 pm
I have a pattern and it says to slip one purlwise with the yarn in front. How exactly do I do that?  

nax is back

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:27 pm
nax is back
I have a pattern and it says to slip one purlwise with the yarn in front. How exactly do I do that?

You'll want to hold the yarn in front of your work rather than in back like you usually do. Now put your knitting needle into the next stitch as if you were going to purl. Now without purling, simply slip that stitch all the way onto the needle. I know it's hard to understand just from text sometimes, so let me know if you need a clearer description. If you do, let me know how you're knitting so I can refer to the correct hands for you. (Like do you pick or throw; right handed or left)  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:20 pm
Catcheen
nax is back

You'll want to hold the yarn in front of your work rather than in back like you usually do. Now put your knitting needle into the next stitch as if you were going to purl. Now without purling, simply slip that stitch all the way onto the needle. I know it's hard to understand just from text sometimes, so let me know if you need a clearer description. If you do, let me know how you're knitting so I can refer to the correct hands for you. (Like do you pick or throw; right handed or left)

Well I can slip. However, do I put the yarn in front by sliding it between the two needles before i slip, after I slip? Thats what confuses me! sweatdrop  

nax is back

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:17 pm
nax is back
Well I can slip. However, do I put the yarn in front by sliding it between the two needles before i slip, after I slip? Thats what confuses me! sweatdrop

Before *smile*

And if I'm correct, after you slip the stitch, go ahead and put the yarn in the back again.

Are you making socks? It sounds like you're turning a heel.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff