Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Any actual vampires out there? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am
Metranil Vavin
Milo-Bveyele
You know what I don't understand, why do people have to be total douches because they don't believe in something?
If you believe in vampires good for you,
If you don't good for you, don't bother the believers about what they DO believe or at least don't be such asses about it.
I'm sure most of you wouldn't act this way if the other person was standing right in front of you.
So just bugger off, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time.

Stop your damn whining. Believing in vampires is no less ridiculous than believing in Santa Claus. Only difference is, most people don't believe they ARE Santa Claus. rolleyes

Wanna see my north pole?
The reindeer can watch if you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:49 am
Metranil Vavin
Milo-Bveyele
You know what I don't understand, why do people have to be total douches because they don't believe in something?
If you don't good for you, don't bother the believers about what they DO believe or at least don't be such asses about it.
I'm sure most of you wouldn't act this way if the other person was standing right in front of you.

Stop your damn whining. Believing in vampires is no less ridiculous than believing in Santa Claus. Only difference is, most people don't believe they ARE Santa Claus. rolleyes

I really don't see how that was whining, but then again I'm pretty sure to you everyone here is whining unless they're on your side.

The point I'm making is that there are a lot of things out there that people believe in that there is no physical evidence of, quite a few have whole religions based on them. Let people believe what they want to believe if that makes them happy, their beliefs aren't affecting you so why do you care?  

Milo-Bveyele

SADERR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 am
Milo-Bveyele
Metranil Vavin
Milo-Bveyele

I really don't see how that was whining, but then again I'm pretty sure to you everyone here is whining unless they're on your side.

The point I'm making is that there are a lot of things out there that people believe in that there is no physical evidence of, quite a few have whole religions based on them. Let people believe what they want to believe if that makes them happy, their beliefs aren't affecting you so why do you care?

In Milo's defence, she was NOT whining. She didn't even say she was in support of the vampire theory. Simply told us to all back off, while remaining in a neutral standing ground. We have put our opinions, she has every right to put hers.
Milo -- if I was an a** yesterday, sorry, I just had a lot going on and I sorta slowly released it through my keyboard. I do this much too frequently, and I think I should try to stick to simply grounding instead.
I'm not taking back what I said, but in the context I have said so.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 am
Jonathonn
Milo-Bveyele

at 12:48 at night, waiting for a result from the police because I was just assaulted by a 50 year old man? nah, not really. Much easier to creativly output angst into the computer to pass my time.
And I have an open mind, yeah, but this is something I know to be innacurate, as i know it would be taken control if it did exist. I just don't have an open mind to lies. S'all it is, you see it quite frequently on the internet.

You don't know anything regarding this if you think it's larping. Like I said, I hate larpers and think roleplaying in general is just stupid and pointless. That's what makes you a douche: continually accusing when I keep reiterating a point. I'm going to say ONCE AGAIN. that the stuff from myths is not what we believe ourselves to be. However, we believe that those myths are based on what we are, however distorted the ideas within those myths have become throughout the centuries, due in my opinion to a combination of fictional hysteria, christian propaganda, and hollywood.

I will state again that the following is incorrect:

Vampires cannot cross water.
Vampires are undead.
Vampires are murderers.
Vampires only feed on blood.
Blood drinking vampires need to exsanguinate a body(drain it of all blood).
Vampires are allergic to garlic.
Vampires don't cast reflections.
Vampires are afraid to hear words from the bible.
Vampires are evil.
Vampires are immortal.
Vampires are afraid of crosses.
Vampires burst into flame in the sun.
Vampires cannot breed.
Vampires are satanic.
Vampires dress up like victorian douchebags.
Vampires are always attractive people who draw the opposite sex to them like magnets.
Etc. Etc.

NOW, Here's the simple reality, which makes for far less interesting fiction.

Vampires are mortal, normal human beings who have to take in energy in some way shape or form for unknown reasons.
Vampires occasionally have more or less latent psychic abilities.
Vampires are often sensitive to the sun, which can be corrected with simple sunblock and sunglasses, though this does not prevent the energy drain that many, myself included, do feel when in direct sunlight over a certain temperature.
Vampires still eat food like any other living person(I enjoy tacos and pizza, and especially steak).
Vampires still cast reflections(and have bad hair days).
Vampires are not afraid of religion. Some are atheist, but others are also christian, muslim, jewish, wiccan, or pagan. Personally I'm a Celtic Pagan and was raised christian, a group of religious ideologies I now find to be utter bullshit due to careful examination of history, current doctrine, and several versions of the bible.
Vampires are not allergic to garlic. One of my favorite food dishes is garlic bread, and I often put garlic salt on any meat dishes that I cook.
Vampires dress in a variety of styles. Chances are someone you go to school with or work with is a vamp. It's only the jackass Lifestylers that dress up in victorian gear, claiming it makes them feel more like themselves(horse s**t I say).
We are constantly looking for a better understanding of what it is we do and more importantly why it is that we need to do it.
There's nothing flashy or romantic or anything about it. It's just something that's a part of us. And again, we're anyone. I know several that are very ugly, and I know of several who are highly attractive. We're just people like anyone else.  

Draco Vampir

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:25 pm
((off topic note: several translations? there is your issue right there, not the documents themselves... not to mention, in English, there are sevearal words that have several, several meanings. English is always changing, and depending on where you are, spellings and word meanings can be completely different: look at old English compared to today: there are several old words that we still have no idea what they ment. Also, Hebrew, Aramaic and other languages were affected by the culture. Cities, word organization, and even the human brain was very different two thousand years ago. Towns were actually several different settlements in a general area, so you could both be leaving and entering a town at the same time, for example.... anyways, just wanted to make a note on the difference between then and now, and how translations with today's modern perception and wording of things just is not a good thing to base any religious or nonreligious text off of -p.s. not trying to start anything, so please don't get angry... I study this stuff on both sides alot in my spare time.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Wait, you're going to sit here and defend your beliefs to the very end and b***h about how no one accepts you, then criticize others' religions, beliefs, and aesthetic tastes?

Christ, you ruined any point you were trying to make(not that it was much of a point) with your hypocrisy.

By the gods of Asgard, you vampires are douchebags.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 pm
I never said people can't believe it. I just said that my own study leads to the opinion that christianity is bullshit.
I can expand upon that by saying the base ideology doesn't work either, or the duality of the heaven and hell concept, but I'm relatively respectful about the whole thing there.
I can also expand upon that with a logical argument.
God cannot be perfect because he changed.
Perfection is a static concept, meaning it is without change.
If God is not perfect then he cannot be omnipotent.
if god is not omnipotent then how is he the one and only supreme being?
Further, a quote from the philosopher Epicurus.
"Is god willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 pm
Excuse me.... please save this for debate. I am not insulting you for being a vampire, so please do not insult some of us for being a theists....
Also:
who said change is against perfection? who says it changed to begin with
how do humans know what perfection is, or can comprehend it, since I think everyone can agree we are not perfect?
((and again: where do you get your idea of perfection? If everything is perfection, and let's say energy/god/soul created it, then thus that can be considered perfect))
God is able to prevent evil, but it comes down to human nature: we are the ones in charge, it's up to us to stop things. You don't spoon feed a child it's entire life, you know. In addition: why do people feel the need to blame ANYTHING on THEIR MISTAKES except for themselves? Why can't we just own it: aka bad stuff is ultimately completely our fault.

Now, if anyone here is atheist: I am sorry if I have offended you. However... I have a right to be a theist and defend certain things.

I am sorry this is off topic, and never intended for my response to carry on a conversation like this.

Please, everyone, let's go back to the topic of vampires: but Draco, please stop being so harsh and judgmental.
"Do not judge if you do not wish to be judged", and please stop it, we are not all the same, just as you are not the exact same as anyone else. If you have a right to live without judgment, so does everyone else.

(( @ Draco, NOTE: you are going against ALL theists, not just Christians. Wiccans, Muslims, Jews, Hindu, some Buddhists, and alot of other religions too. And yes, I have an energy vampire friend who is a Christian, going to collage, and a fellow beloved goth. We're everywhere, and most of us are not making a fuss about it. ))  

Angel of the End

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:43 pm
You're completely missing my point, Draco.
You don't get to criticize any religious belief or aesthetic taste in any possible way after five pages of defending your own metaphysical beliefs with verbal artillery; research or not.
That just screams hypocrisy and it doesn't help your points in the slightest.

That's the price you pay for believing in something that is not universally accepted with a mainstream audience and/or proven as scientific fact.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 pm
I can see your point.
However, I'm not the one going into a thread asking about something I don't believe in and attacking for it. I'm not going into a thread about christianity and citing my points about why it's wrong, and here you and a few others are coming into a thread about vampirism and making accusations and pointing the finger. If you're going to cry bullshit, state why, and bother to read a replying post and take into account what's being said. I'm not saying you have to believe in vampirism. By all means I can definitely understand why people are resistant to the idea with how heavily distorted the base concept has become thanks to popular media, religious propaganda, and the passage of time, and further by the attitudes and actions of many self proclaimed vampires, but I'm not acting like any of them, nor are most of the other posters in here claiming to be vamps. I've spelled things out as clearly as I can, and I'll leave it to critics to mull it over and believe whatever their own sense of logic tells them, but it's all about experience, and even within the on and offline communities we recognize that vampirism is slightly different even between those of us that claim it, though we all follow the basic things I laid out several posts ago.
Again, it's really up to you what you believe about this sort of thing. I'm not out to convince people, I was only refuting accusations and misconceptions.  

Draco Vampir

Metranil Vavin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 am
Wait, so now this delusional vampire bullshit is akin to a religious belief? Gimme a ******** break.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:41 am
Draco Vampir
Jonathonn
Milo-Bveyele

at 12:48 at night, waiting for a result from the police because I was just assaulted by a 50 year old man? nah, not really. Much easier to creativly output angst into the computer to pass my time.
And I have an open mind, yeah, but this is something I know to be innacurate, as i know it would be taken control if it did exist. I just don't have an open mind to lies. S'all it is, you see it quite frequently on the internet.

You don't know anything regarding this if you think it's larping. Like I said, I hate larpers and think roleplaying in general is just stupid and pointless. That's what makes you a douche: continually accusing when I keep reiterating a point. I'm going to say ONCE AGAIN. that the stuff from myths is not what we believe ourselves to be. However, we believe that those myths are based on what we are, however distorted the ideas within those myths have become throughout the centuries, due in my opinion to a combination of fictional hysteria, christian propaganda, and hollywood.

I will state again that the following is incorrect:

Vampires cannot cross water.
Vampires are undead.
Vampires are murderers.
Vampires only feed on blood.
Blood drinking vampires need to exsanguinate a body(drain it of all blood).
Vampires are allergic to garlic.
Vampires don't cast reflections.
Vampires are afraid to hear words from the bible.
Vampires are evil.
Vampires are immortal.
Vampires are afraid of crosses.
Vampires burst into flame in the sun.
Vampires cannot breed.
Vampires are satanic.
Vampires dress up like victorian douchebags.
Vampires are always attractive people who draw the opposite sex to them like magnets.
Etc. Etc.

Bram Stokers ghost wants a word with you.  

Rellik San
Crew

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 am
Bram Stoker can kiss my a** when I see him in the otherworld.

Metranil Vavin
Wait, so now this delusional vampire bullshit is akin to a religious belief? Gimme a ******** break.

I never once said vampirism was a religion, though there are several organizations that would like to bilk people out of their cash under the misguided conception that it is.
I already said, If you bothered to ******** read, that vamps come from all walks of life and all religions.
Furthermore, A delusion cannot be shared by hundreds of thousands of people. Again, read the damn posts.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 am
I think it was more about the fact that vampires are fictional creatures and sure there maybe myths and legends, but in the end they are all stories and to believe otherwise or think of them in real terms, well thats just ludicrous and putting way to much thought into something that doesn't exist or matter.

Seriously dude, you're taking this thread WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously, maybe you should see a therapist or something... and stay away from violent films and videogames....  

Rellik San
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas