Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:03 pm
I dress how I dress because it makes me feel pretty, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Nothing's hanging out unlike *some* girls at my school, so there's nothing wrong with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:06 pm
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

Yeah I really hate it cant they just leave us alone and dress the way we want to  

Sautana

solar molar

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:08 am
I have had that same situation, except it's about how I act.

I'm quiet. But people conclude it as wanting attention.

Heck no. I'm scared of attention. I do anything to get out of the spotlight. Well.. in real life.

And then you know how if you have a friend, and let's say you both like the same style, how people think that one of you is copying the other when really you both just happen to like that style.

It drives me nuts how people misunderstand something so simple. They turn everything around in the wrong direction.

rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:53 am

"/

I don't really dress...really into the gothic style. Just a little
differently/darker than other people. :3

But I dress this way because I like it, I feel comfortable,
and I feel like it's really me.

So I guess there's shame in that. rolleyes
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lunar-Escape

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:18 am
To me luckily people don`t say that quote, but among my friends I`m anyway known as "different, chaotic, but nice" and to strangers like "you`re not normal, not from this planet. You`re a dreamer and I wonder how you manage to live your life". I just smile and let them be. The funniest thing is since I adopted an attitude of not caring what others say, they don`t say things anymore biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:06 pm
For the past 2 years I haven't really dressed goth. I wear the baggy tripp pants occasionally, but they are the equivalent to sweatpants for me. I dress more so punkish, but i've gotten the same comments in the past. I wear whatever I like because I like the way it looks and it's comfortable despite how much or how little attention it draws to me. I really don't care. I have however learned to enjoy being stared at because of how "strange" I look, but it doesn't really matter to me if I get attention or not. My mother also used to say it was just a phase, but after over four years she's stopped.  

Satan on Speed

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:20 pm
i think it depends on the person, but thats me.. maybe she just dosent understand, or dosent wanna understand  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff