Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
What's your next SCA event? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 am
Pennsic....

I can't afford anything else for the next year... but I will be at Pennsic....

I THOUGHT about skipping my college graduation ceremony so I could assist with feast at Calontir's Crown Tourney... but my parents said they'd kill me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:01 am
Lady Rayya
Pennsic....

I can't afford anything else for the next year... but I will be at Pennsic....

I THOUGHT about skipping my college graduation ceremony so I could assist with feast at Calontir's Crown Tourney... but my parents said they'd kill me.

As much as I enjoy hanging out with you, even I would kill you for missing that.

*hugs*  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Spykeshawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 pm
DC1337
Spykeshawk
DC1337
Spykeshawk
Berzerker_prime

His avatar is authorized in rigid parry!

Did he get it before or after they mad the rule that you need to authorize with buckler and cane in order to authorize in the form?

Actually, I'm authorised with "offhand defensive" (which covers buckler, cane, cloak, and whatever else non-attacky-thing you can talk the marshalls into) lol
So yeah, you need to show you can use all 3 of those standard defensive items (that's how they do it in Lochac).

In fact, my card is now filled... I have all the possible rapier combat authorisations. Including rubber band gun biggrin (fun, but not very effective)

That's cool. Here in the East, RBG's fall into place as 'rigid parry', and cloak is classified as 'non-rigid parry'. Rigid is basically anything with a backbone, anything not flimsy; buckler, cane, stick, mug, riding crop, shoe, frozen fish. Non-rigid is anything that is soft, as long as it doesn't tangle the blade: cloak, rubber chicken, cape, hat, thawed-out fish. Sorry, Marshal in training. The only things I don't have yet are Case of rapier and Schlaeger. I'm really not interested in case that much. I liek make case of daggers just fine cool

The auths here are:
Single rapier (includes fibreglass & metal)
Offhand defensive (rigid & flexible - so a fish in any state of thawedness lol )
Offhand offensive (dagger & rapier)
Rapier melee (if you don't have this you can only fight 1-on-1)
Rubber band gun (requires melee auth, though it is occasionally used in single tourneys)

What kingdom do you live in and where is it located? That's all really interesting. Here in the East, we absolutely hate fiberglass blades. I do like the idea of authorizing in melees, though  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:42 am
June Faire in An Tir is in a month, I hope to at least day trip this one!  

Saetril

9,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm
Chaos Caravan, with Greyhope hosting. Yay! *happy dance*  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:53 pm
Lillies War! Now I have to go rush to make more clothes and finish the yurt/ gur...  

O C T O x p o d

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:34 pm
Well, thanks to event burnout, I ended up not getting to Northshield Crown. And now I'm kinda bummed because the new Prince and Princess are from my Barony! And, the inspiration for the other fighter in the final round was my Baroness! Why!?! Why didn't I go!?! Why!?!

Sigh...

Well, in any case, I think the next event I can say for sure that I'll be at is Warriors and Warlords in July. Possibly Boarder Skirmish as a fencer, if I can find someone willing to take a day-trip with an extra passenger.

Sarah T. Foole.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:09 pm
Caid Highlands, anyone?

It's my house's 10-year anniversary. We're gonna party like it's 1499.  

Courtesan Brigitte

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 pm
Hopefully Calontir's fiftieth Coronation.

I really need to get a ride, and I'm so there.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:02 pm
My shire's event is the next I'll be attending. It's the first weekend of september.
I sort of have to go. I was volun-told for helping at feast. >.<  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:20 pm
Possibly Black Rose, but definitely Meridian Fall Coronation, and then Tavern Brawl.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 pm
unfortunately thanks to the freaking hurricane i will not be attending Gleann Abhann's Knights Academy...thank you weather.... so i believe my next event will be Vikings Raid Harvest Home......  

rocker_chick1991

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:02 pm
A definite on Calontir's Coronation. I'm even selling jewellery. If you're going, come say hello!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 am
Gaaah, My next event won't be 'till October - IF I'M LUCKY!

I may be moving even farther away from the event, than I already am! gonk (only in the other direction. Seven hours away from here, four hours away from the event [where as it would only be three hours if I were still here]).

I'm moving from my beloved shire - Cae Mor, to the shire of Cold Keep.

Not only am I moving away from my shire - but out of my principality! eek Out of Tir Righ, into Avacal! gonk

Anyways - If I make it to the October event, it'll be St.Chrispin's in TirBannog heart

If not that ... Then I don't know what or when the next event will be! sad  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:54 pm
St. Eligius Schola in Dragonship Haven in November.
I'm selling at a renfair for the two months before that; so no SCA for me till then.
I can't believe I'm missing Harper's Retreat this year. emo  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces