Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kireinichi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:54 pm
You can like anime and not be a nerd, just because you are a nerd does not mean you HAVE to like video games or technical things or anime. now i love anime and i am a nerd and so?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am
julieto94
You can like anime and not be a nerd, just because you are a nerd does not mean you HAVE to like video games or technical things or anime. now i love anime and i am a nerd and so?

I agree!!
A lot of people I know think just because I love anime: I MUST BE A NERD!!! (I'm not) No one is a 'nerd' unless they themselves call themselves a 'nerd' (does that make sense??) sweatdrop sweatdrop

Mara Hari

Heavy Artillery

Blessed Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:11 pm
i'm heavy artillery
Of course it's nerdy. . . unless of course you're a non-otaku Japanese, because anime's just part of the lifestyle over there. Hell, they have anime-style fire station mascots there xD

but for the most part? It's nerdy. Really, being very much into any sort of entertainment is nerdy. Being very much into American cartoons is nerdy, being very much into live-action flicks is nerdy, being very much into reality TV is nerdy.

I mean, it doesn't make you a nerd to say that you watch one anime that comes on every week; however, it's nerdy to say that you watch 3 different animes a week and have watched two whole series before that. It's the difference between following one soap opera and following EVERY soap opera xD

And I don't recall when being geeky or nerdy was ever a bad thing. Okay maybe back when people still used the word "ploindexter", but nowadays? It's pretty much a compliment.
i'm a real bombshell  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:33 pm
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

so your saying that if i'm obbsessed with chocolate i'm nerdy?  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

murasakiirothoughts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 pm
being nerdy is just a state of mind for me, more of a suggesstion i mean not every one (or every nerd ) likes to wear werid clothes) there are nerds who skate nerds who are into rap and so on its just kinda messed up that someppl think we all are big freaks who glasses get dropped all the time.....everyone is diffrent in there own way anyways  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:58 pm
i love watching it and im not a nerd i may be a computer nerd  

Xxdarkhero emo Xx

DrQuint

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 am
Mara Hari
julieto94

I agree!!
A lot of people I know think just because I love anime: I MUST BE A NERD!!! (I'm not) No one is a 'nerd' unless they themselves call themselves a 'nerd' (does that make sense??) sweatdrop sweatdrop

hum... Hitler isn't evil because he never called himself evil? nope, it doesn't make sense.

there's a thing going wrong up there (not the quote), who says that a nerd has to like video games and sci-fi or anime at all either? does a nerd have to collect all of the pokemon collectible cards just because he saw the entire series of Shaman King?
Look, I'm a nerd, but not a geek. (geeks are the obssesive ones, go check the other topic) I love video games, but I'm not really obssesed into any specific series. I play everysingle kind there is, some types I overlook more than others, that's way I must have played nearly every single Sonic, Mario and Final Fantasies there is. But near other people, I restrain from keeping talking about those games. I have the close friends who talk about that, and I have other also close friends who doesn't. I don't care when they call me nerd, and they usually don't. Now, back to my point, I hate Star wars and Star trek, I hate those animes everybody likes, like Bleach or Naruto. I like other Sci-fi stuff and other animes (I liked Death note for example. Even Chobits was more interesting than bleach, something I would call, an "original and unseen" storyline rather then "completely predictable plot twists".) And I don't feel any special need to like them. My girlfriend likes to watch lots of animes, does she need to play video games and watch sci-fi? My best friend likes sci-fi stuff, does he need to like video games and anime? of course we like each other interest a bit too! just not fully. My best friend keeps playing Halo for example. My Girlfriend likes touhou for example, even thought that game sticks in between anime and gaming. All 3 of us like reading books! to me, the term nerd would have diferent types of nerd inside it, and only defines, people who like more of intelectual interest over sports and such. I never seen anyone calling an obsessed marathin fan a nerd. Oh, and I know two of those, they're way more obsessed then the geeks are with their respective interests.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 am
Damn right it's not, I love anime! biggrin  

Mullaha

sakura11591

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am
anime is not nerdy
its just like watching an other cartoon show in america
but japan its called anime rather than cartoon

at least thats what i say to the person who is calling me a nerd blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 am
Toxizc
being nerdy is just a state of mind for me, more of a suggesstion i mean not every one (or every nerd ) likes to wear werid clothes) there are nerds who skate nerds who are into rap and so on its just kinda messed up that someppl think we all are big freaks who glasses get dropped all the time.....everyone is diffrent in there own way anyways

i agree with this but it does depend on the anime you watch or how many you watch ...like my brother he is a nerd  

Xthe uncertain confessorX

5,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sha michiyo

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:54 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:00 pm
i dont use nerd as a bad term..never had really, more like a term of endearment my boyfriend and i spend time together by sitting on his bed, playing x box, psp, and whatever else his parents let us lugg into his room, when we talk about them and he knows a lot about a specific game then i call him a nerd.. or vise versa. but i'd rather be called a nerd than a noob any day  

Kazuki_101

Yuga Shizuka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:26 pm
Prodigious_girl
Rob_007
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream
Agreed!

Yes!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35 am
anime is not nerdy its the farthest from it  

Multicolored Distress

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Saffron_Ivy

Bashful Bibliophile

11,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:02 am
I agree it's not! biggrin
It's fun and addicting!! xd

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games