Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Naruto News! (Update: 11.13.05! ~~) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Camui
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:30 pm
Well well, hellooo everyone! ^^ We've got some VERY good news today... small, but GOOD!

First off! Episode 149, 'What's the Difference?! Don't Bugs All Look The Same?' is available for you in subtitles, so be sure to watch, ok?

And, finally, VIZ has confirmed 15 of many of the voice actors who will be playing a part in the dubbed version of Naruto! Here they are! Things in parenthesis are just one example of their work.... ^^ (I tried to pick ones out of rather large lists that most people would recognize.... and, so far, i think the set up is pretty good!)

Naruto Fan/VIZ

-Maile Flanagan
Character Voiced: Naruto Uzumaki
(('Jackie Chan Adventures' - Maynard)

- Yuri Lowenthal
Character Voiced: Sasuke Uchiha
(('Rave Master' - Haru Glory)

- Kate Higgins
Character Voiced: Sakura Haruno
(('Zatch Bell' - Megumi, Kolulu...)

- Dave Wittenberg
Character Voiced: Kakashi Hatake
(('Witch Hunter Robin' - Michael Lee)

- Quinton Flynn
Character Voiced: Iruka Umino
(('Metal Gear Solid 2' - Raiden)

- Steve Kramer
Character Voiced: Third Hokage
(('s-CRY-ed' - Ryu Dairen)

- Colleen O'Shaughnessy
Character Voiced: Ino Yamanaka and Konohamaru
(('Digimon' - Sora Takenouchi)

- Robbie Rist
Character Voiced: Chouji Akimichi
(('Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)' - Michaelangelo)

- Stephanie Sheh
Character Voiced: Hinata Hyuuga
(('Rave Master' - Harmonia)

- Tom Gibbas
Character Voiced: Shikamaru Nara
(('Shinzo' - Mushra(?))

- Doug Ehrholtz
Character Voiced: Asuma
(('Digimon' - Takeru Takashi)

-Cindy Robinson
Character Voiced: Tsunami (Inari's Mother)
(('Rave Master' - Katelya Glory)

- Fred Tatasciore
Character Voiced: Gato
(('Viewtiful Joe 2' - Frost Tiger)

- Kirk Thornton
Character Voiced: Tazuna
('Samurai Champloo' - Jin)

- Steven Blum
Character Voiced: Zabuza Momochi
(('Cowboy Bebop' - Spike Spiegel)

(Source: Naruto Fan/VIZ)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:05 pm
What, no Haku? ^_^ the VAs look pretty good! I think Naruto's VA also did Vash from Trigun.  

Sakki

Menzeeto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:24 pm
Lemme see here...

- Spike as Zabuza? Freaking awesome.
- Raiden as Iruka? Priceless rofl
- The better old version of Mikey as Chouji? Perfection.
- Old ugly lady as Naruto? Nearly as creepy as the ugly old lady who did Kaolla.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:31 pm
Well well, what do we have heeeeerreee? ^^

Just a few small things today...

First off, i want to wish a VERY happy 2nd birthday to the Naruto Fan website (my personal favorite XD ), and thanks very much to Tazmo for creating it and bringing so much Naruto-fandom-goodness to all us fans!! ^^

Second of all, Chapter 273 is up and out in RAW form... expect the scanlated version to be available soon!! ^^

Also, if you all hadn't noticed yet on CN, there's a commerical featuring some of the new things coming to Cartoon Network... one, of which, being Naruto.. where, you can hear a one second clip of Naruto's VA, a Miss Maile Flanagan, says 'What is this?'!! You can download it from the Naruto Fan website or watch CN during the day and try to catch it! ^^

And, speaking of Miss Maile Flanagan, members and others can send an email to a special email address with an question or questions they may have for her! ^^ So, if you've got a question, be sure to send it out ASAP! So, thanks very much to the people at NarutoFan for helping set this up, and thank you to Miss Flanagan for allowing the interview!! ^^

Ok, that's it, you guys! Until next time!!

(Source: Naruto Fan)  

Camui
Crew

Camui
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:06 pm
Hello, all you Naruto Fans out there! ^^

Small update today!!

First off, happy 150th Episode to Naruto! XDD Not quite a big mile stone, but a half-a-mile stone none the less! ^^ Dattebayo has graciously released their subtitled version of the episode, entitled "Cheated, Deceived, Cheat! Grand Hot Humid Battle", so thanks very much to theeem!1

And, also, for everyone subscribed to TiVo, they have the first two Naruto episodes listed on schedule already! XDD All you people will be happy to know that he episode titles have NOT changed, save for the names being put in to standard first name followed by last name form.

OK, that's all! Have a good week, everyone!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:18 pm
Ahhhh, another week, another set of small updates!! ^^

First off, if no one has noticed yet, Cartoon Network has provided a small 30-second video-clip of the dubbed version of Naruto! It features the confrontation in the first episode between Naruto, Iruka, and Mizuki! ^^

You can go see it here: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/video/toonami/index.html .It is the top clip.

(NOTE: I have provided a list of names of 15 of the Naruto VA that VIZ OFFICIALLY released, and an example of their work on the previous page, if you're curious as to who is who and etc.)

Also, Chapter 274 is available in RAW form for your viewing pleasure. ^^

Finally, this week, there will be NO NEW NARUTO Episode. ^^ Why? I''m not quite sure.

OH!, and just a reminder to those who care, the first two episodes of Naruto Dubbed are going to be shown this week, 9PM Eastern and Pacific! Be sure to check your local listings for the time slots in your area. ^^

Ahhh, so that''s it! Enjoy your four-day week!

Camui
Crew

Kittori

Anxious Blob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:56 pm
Oh my god....I think i'm going to die.

Their pronounciations are HORRIBLE but the voices are ok. They pronounce Naruto in such a way I cringe to hear it, and the way Iruka said jutsu...holy s**t. I'm absolutly disgusted, do these people NOT listen to the japanese voices first? So they can understand the way to say it gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:26 pm
Obviosuly not ~_~

I'ma die from how they said Naruto...or kill them...yes...that's the wya...heh..hehe...hehehehehehehheheheheheMWAHAHZAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted  

Windblade

Fangorn23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:56 pm
um I just heard some disturbing and conflicting news about the voice actor who will do the voice of Uzumaki Naruto. I read on someone's LJ that Naruto will be voiced by Veronica Taylor (the voice of Ash from Pokemon on tv in the US).
link to that LJ where I got the news: http://www.livejournal.com/users/krakensghost/

so...what's the truth here? confused who's doing the voice?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:08 pm
Kittori
Oh my god....I think i'm going to die.

Their pronounciations are HORRIBLE but the voices are ok. They pronounce Naruto in such a way I cringe to hear it, and the way Iruka said jutsu...holy s**t. I'm absolutly disgusted, do these people NOT listen to the japanese voices first? So they can understand the way to say it gonk

agree with that tottaly... gonk they really are gonna kill the show...and I was hopeful! I shall tape it on saturday, criticise it, and then watch my japanese dvds! whee  

wielder-of-the-donuts

Reticence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Now my friends will understand why I wrote a petition to the distributors of the American Naruto~
I seriously think that I will be sick sooner or later... And it comes out on my birthday. How. Lovely T__T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:35 pm
The clip looks great!!!!!!!!! I'm glad they are useing the original Japanese and saying jutsu instead of technique!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
They say Naruto the way they said it in the original Japanese to! mrgreen
instead of Nayrootoe xd  

[Solid]

NeoNexus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:42 am
Wow...that's all I have to say. Well alright, not the only thing. Just how lazy are those American dubbers? They couldn't have found better voices, huh? Iruka-sensei sounds...well...normal. Average. Nothing special. Naruto is very kid-like, but I suppose that's alright considering his age in the anime. Though I will agree, when they say his name, it's...well, let's just say the Japanese should be the only ones to say Naruto like that.

At least they did a slightly better job with this than they did with poor Rockman.EXE (Megaman NT Warrior for those of you not in the know) Yup, same company, ShoPro.

Maybe we should start a petition that prohibits ShoPro from ever touching another anime ever again? That's what I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:54 pm
Well, after several days of the Guild System being disabled, we are FINALLY back in business! YAAAYY!! ^^

(And, until i can get the Thread Headline changed, you can locate the actual news posts in here by the 'ornate' posts. ^^)

And, a lot has happened while everyone's been gone...

First off, the Naruto Dub premiered in Canada this week, while it premiered last week for US residents! The result was a mix of opinions, with quite a few positive ones, a couple negative ones, and a few going 'i'm not suuuurreee'... what's YOUR opinion? Let it be known in the Naruto Dub thread, located here: Naruto Dub Opinions

Next! Chapter 274, 'A Dream Unrealized', as well as the past previous chapters, have all been released in both RAW form, as well as (after a quite a long while) Shannaro's scanlation, so thanks very much to them!! ^^ Both Chapters 275 and 276, however, are still in RAW form, expected to be translated sometime later this coming week!

Moving on, Episode 151, 'Burning Byakugan! This is My Way of the Ninja' featuring one of the sweetest kunoichi (and one of my favorite characters to cosplay, personally) to ever live in Konoha, Hyuuga Hinata, is now up in both RAW and Subbed, thanks to Dattebayo! Head on over to NarutoFan or Dattebayo's website to give it a download! It's an AWESOME episode!

And, finally, for those of you who are interested, 'Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3' has been announced for the PS2 to be released some time this winter!

Ok, then, that's it! Welcome back, fellow Naruto Fans, and enjoy your day! ^^

Camui
Crew

Kalmarkid91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:41 am
ive read chapter 277 =P  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash