Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Ninja stamping Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you want to be stamped as?
  Naruto
  Sasuke
  Sakura
  Kakashi
  Ino
  Shikamaru
  Chouji
  Asuma
  Someone else (I'm lazy)
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:17 am
Fangorn23
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Quote:
Fangorn

Shikamaru
*Stab* xd

Whatever. Better him than you. rofl
I'm just really sad I haven't gotten two voted for the same character yet sad

It's on the cover of a volume. Sakura is on front and Chiyo is in the back ground.
What the s**t... that doesn't sound right... I didn't skip and volumes I don't think. Oh, I skipped volume 30 methinks. >_>;

@ Fangorn23: That wasn't a complement. I don't approve of anyone getting him, Sasuke... or Gaara. Thank god no one has gotten Sasuke or Gaara. I mean, your reaction just proves you're nothing like him... gonk Shikamaru would've probably growled or spat or something.

It's not a fangirl thing. It's that people like them just plain don't exist...
gaaras exist. believe me when I say that gaaras exist in this world. now you are right that Sasuke DOESNT exist in real life. nobody's THAT stupid and that smart in the same half minute without some sever mental disfunction.

now shikamaru is actually the most believable character by far in that lot if you exclude his reported 200+ IQ.
why is he the most believable? he doesnt want FAME AND FORTUNE AND POWER. he wants a simple life, a simple job and a family to care for. heck his "dream" speaks of a great deal of intelligence (prehaps not "super genius" intelligence, but surely not your average lazy bum. )
if they wanted to make his genius more believable then Kishimoto probably would have thought up a more unique oddity. as they say, rarely does genius and insanity walk separated, rarer still does genius and normality walk hand in hand as it seems to do with shikamaru. He acts like your average preteen to teen boy coming of age and not liking it one bit because he KNEW the luxury he had as a child and does not want to give that up so soon for responsibility and the lives of his friends in his hands.

you seem to focus too much on his obviously fictious traits like his genius or phenomenal laziness (I dont care HOW smart you are, if you sleep through the lesson and dont even hear the lessons taught even ONCE you cannot pass the class. simple as that). but how about focusing on traits like his desire to help his friends and his honest want to live a simple life. of course my observations about what you see in Shikamaru could easily be wrong. I barely know you after all
I'd just like to say, Shikamaru would never argue the point. xd

No, he isn't. He's more than just 200 IQ. Not many people now-a-days think like him. His attitude is rather old-fashioned. At least that's how he is when you read the raw Japanese. He acts kind of like a grumpy old man a lot of the time. Not many kids do that. Sorry if you don't like it. xd You don't HAVE to be like someone you're not.
You're kind of slow. Most people want one of those things. And most people in Naruto don't care about any of those things. Just because Shikamaru says he wants the simple life doesn't mean that Naruto doesn't. Besides, if you are all hot and ready to go buy some more Naruto crap, you're not looking for the simple life. Shikamaru is probably the least materialistic person in Naruto. Besides Naruto. He could lose everything that had meaning to him, and start on a new slate. I KNOW you can't do that because the second I questioned you "Shikamaruness" you flipped.
Guess what. It's my dream too. And shitloads of other people in America. Around the world. His dream isn't anything special.

You're confused. True genius and normality DO function hand in hand. It's pseudo-intellectuals who spend all the time TRYING to look smart. A real smart person knows that it's not only a waste of time, but it's pointless. Shikamaru has reached a point where learning isn't an issue and for him life is discovery on his own. No one can hold his hand anymore and teach him things. He needs to learn them on his own. And I'll tell you right now, if he acted like your average preteen boy I'd be ******** a lot of 12-year-olds. Shikamaru has something very unique about him, no doubt.
Shikamaru is growing out of that. He is grasping responsibility with more of a sense of pride and discipline. Ever since the Sasuke Arc, Shikamaru grew just a little. Even more so now. He isn't saying, "It's too troublesome to put my pants on in the morning" anymore. Sure, he still says it, but if anyone paid any goddamn attention, they'd notice he doesn't b***h over little things anymore.

No. I focus on his very unique personal traits. I only know one person who I can say is anything like him, but still, he is leaning more towards the Shino side. This friend of mine is a very intelligent, skilled boy. He sticks out. You don't go, "Oh, he's some lazy ********, he's like Shikamaru." You go, "Holy ********, this guy knows what he's doing, he's like Shikamaru." But more so like Shino. The main point is that I think being a lazy slob isn't enough to merit someone like him.

I don't know about Shikamaru, but for me, with Math and Science, I don't need to be taught it. I ask questions weeks, to months, to years before I'm taught it. "What about this?" And the teacher always has to tell me, "You'll take that next year" or "in your senior year" or "you won't see any of that until college." It's because for those subjects, anyone with an ounce of logic and figure it out own their own. I know a lot of kids who do "discover" things for themselves, and are later taught it. As far as ninja stuff goes, Shikamaru's dad would probably bombard him with ninja tips. It's something I could see him doing (especially while he's drunk).

Your traits aren't even close enough. A lot of people have those same desires. The way you look at Shikamaru, the exact same things could be said about Naruto. Chouji. Hell, even Obito, who is long dead.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but you were wrong on my views. I hold nothing against you because you don't know me, and I don't know you. The internet leaves a lot of room for assumption.

Again, my main point is that I respect Shikamaru's traits too much to say laziness, a common goal of a simple life, and friendship are enough to be him. A lot of people are like that. Not a lot of people are like Shikamaru.

@ Churrlo: Thanks, but you know how I am. I had to reply because well... that's how I am. I know he's not a real person but I respect him more than to see people believe fallacious allegations about him in order to be convinced their his... reincarnation or something. And yeah. Apparently, dropping it isn't possible. People don't like the fact that I analyze him TO DEATH. Oh well. I know I'm not the only one who stalks a character constantly. Just most people don't pick Shikamaru as the candidate of choice, simply BECAUSE they think he's so damn simple and easy to get. The guy's a ******** enigma. No one REALLY knows what's going on in his head.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:55 pm
Resolute Infliction
Name: Resolute Infliction

Re-stamps only: -----

Likes: sleep, reading, RPing, watching anime, reading manga, drawing, learning, playing games, pasta, mash potaotes with grazy, chicken, ice cream, roses, tulips, forget-me-nots, friends, music
Dislikes: politics, dressing up every morning, waking up every morning, spinach, rap

Favorite quote/lyric/saying & why: "It's an odd realization when you look at your friend and realize, "Hey, he beat me up ten years ago." cuz memories rock!

What do you feel is your best quality?: I dont think I have one
Your worst?: I get mad easily with my family

For the following section, please pick one or the other. Even if you show both traits, please pick the one that you feel you are most like, and if possible explain why you think you are more of this way.
Mature or Immature?: immature
Leader or Follower?: follower
Optimistic or Pessimistic?: pessimistic
Impulsive or Cautious: impulsive
Outgoing or Shy: .... hard... outgoing?

What color would you say you are and why?: I am black because I am not the person I want to be.

Do you play any instruments? I wish, no
If you do, which one(s)? euphonium

Number one goal in life: Have my parentspleased with me

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: my personality/attitude

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?: politics

If you could become any character from the series for one day - 24 hours - who would it be?: Neji. Maybe looking through his eyes for real will help me realized how blessed I am..
If you were given the chance to permanently become part of the Naruto-verse (as "yourself"), would you take it?: No, it would be a dream come true, but I cant give up my family and friends....

Anything else?: I think you're pretty! =3

hmmm, between Hinata and Obito *thinks*...you sound more like a Hinata to me =3  

Pekora

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:29 pm
Hey, can I get a code for my stamped pic? I'd like to put it on my profile.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:50 pm
Resolute Infliction: Obito. :O Now get over here, cutie. >:3  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:10 pm
Sorry Captain Verd... it just gets annoying after awhile >< And Shikalee... I wasn't really bitching at you or anything xd I'm used to it but he was just being kinda... rude.

And I am going with Obito on this one as well, you sound really like him! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:48 am
churrlo
Sorry Captain Verd... it just gets annoying after awhile >< And Shikalee... I wasn't really bitching at you or anything xd I'm used to it but he was just being kinda... rude.

And I am going with Obito on this one as well, you sound really like him! biggrin
SHIKALEE has some weird attachment to him. So HER craziness MAKES SENSE.
Don't ask my why everyone else is so damn emotional over him. gonk It's weird! There's a ton of OTHER great characters to ********. >.>;;  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:49 am
Shikalee
churrlo

Don't ask my why everyone else is so damn emotional over him. gonk It's weird! There's a ton of OTHER great characters to ********. >.>;;
Maybe everyone else has the same attachment you have.

Purple - [ img ]image url [ /img ] sans spaces.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
churrlo

You'd admit to that? xd I don't think everyone wants to ******** him dead. surprised  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:14 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
churrlo

You'd admit to that? xd I don't think everyone wants to ******** him dead. surprised
Admit to what? Alot of fangirls want to have sex with their favorite character.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:25 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
churrlo

Admit to what? Alot of fangirls want to have sex with their favorite character.
That's not what I was getting at.

EVERYONE in the guild is a Shikamaru fangirl? Is THAT what you're saying? xd  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:31 pm
Um no neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:02 pm
Captain Verd
Um no neutral
Than what you said was IRRELEVANT. I asked why EVERYONE was so damn emotional over him. Not just "everyone", meaning only a select group of everyones. :/  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:20 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Um no neutral
Than what you said was IRRELEVANT. I asked why EVERYONE was so damn emotional over him. Not just "everyone", meaning only a select group of everyones. :/
Oh. In that case, not everyone's emotional over him. People who don't read/watch/like Naruto aren't. I mean I know you're talking about people who watch/read it, but since we're not singling out a specific group... wink  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:36 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Um no neutral
Oh. In that case, not everyone's emotional over him. People who don't read/watch/like Naruto aren't. I mean I know you're talking about people who watch/read it, but since we're not singling out a specific group... wink
Oops my bad. I meant Naruto fans. xd You got me there.

Cut me a little slack; I haven't been eating.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:48 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Um no neutral
Oops my bad. I meant Naruto fans. xd You got me there.

Cut me a little slack; I haven't been eating.
Still, not everyone gets emotional over Shikamaru.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff