Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 pm
Arithrel wrote: Your secretary gets calls asking for the King/Queen and she doesn't say anything, just rolls her eyes and forwards the call to your line.

I LOVE IT!

And I want to add...

7) When your answering machine says "either (insert mundane name) or the Lady Amata will get back to you"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:49 pm
And that same friend just gave me another one...

cool when your non-scadian friend is as baffled as you as to why the gaiaSCA guild seems to consider sable a color (it's a metal in Northshield at least and though society wide it was as well)  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:56 pm
You might be a Heavy Fighter if...

...You don't know if Rapier fighters are a food group  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:15 am
You know you're in the SCA when...

... you're planning your wedding & don't freak out that you want to lose x amount of kgs/lbs before the wedding... you'll just wear a corset! Problem solved!

... you don't even have to think about where you're going to get said corset from (or that it'll cost any more than the basics!), because not only do most of your friends know how to make corsets really well, you probably can as well!

JewelsSparkle

Hyratel Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:57 am
... if you DO consider light fighters a food group (training for heavy, hope to be registered by pennsic)  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 am
these are really funny  

dkabyssaldragon

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:31 am
Icelemental
I know that one. xd My buddy and I spent an hour arguing about the use of that spin move Obi wan uses in the old movies. biggrin

lol my friend duncan and i (both of us are in the sca) argue about that alot  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:19 pm
Sir_Catherine

cool when your non-scadian friend is as baffled as you as to why the gaiaSCA guild seems to consider sable a color (it's a metal in Northshield at least and though society wide it was as well)

Probably because the official SCA website calls Sable a colour (linkage)...

Argent & Or are the only metals, according to the SCA website & my Herald as well....

I'm now baffled as to why Northsheild would call Sable a metal when the rest of The Knowne Worlde does not! (How is black a metal???)

JewelsSparkle

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:28 pm
JewelsSparkle said:
... you don't even have to think about where you're going to get said corset from, because not only do most of your friends know how to make corsets really well, you probably can as well!

lolz!! heart NICE ONE!! xd i just wish someone in my little shire could! stare lolz  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:07 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
JewelsSparkle said:
... you don't even have to think about where you're going to get said corset from, because not only do most of your friends know how to make corsets really well, you probably can as well!

lolz!! heart NICE ONE!! xd i just wish someone in my little shire could! stare lolz

Lol, I fail at sewing... but I've just inherited a free sewing machine (in other words, I begged my mum & grandma & they decided to give me their old one, because my mum has a new, fancy one & my nan never sews... so they're bringing it next time they visit), so hopefully I'll get some practice soon.

I know far too many people who know how to make corsets & most of them say that corsets are really easy to make... I'll find out soon enough! *Fingers crossed*

JewelsSparkle

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:50 am
*omg really?? if you find easy patterns tell me!! i need on despretly! xd heart *

you might be in the SCA if

your friends call you Lady or Lord ~insert SCAname~
because you don't respond to your mondane name

(no clue if anyone's said this yet - but i've realized it's much easier to grab someone's attention during the day if you use their SCA name! xd )

like "john!! JOHN!!! HEY JOHN! ~grumble~ YOH LORD TADGG!! THEEERE we go!!" xd (during school and what-not)  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:31 am
Naito_Mitsukai
*omg really?? if you find easy patterns tell me!! i need on despretly! xd heart *

(no clue if anyone's said this yet - but i've realized it's much easier to grab someone's attention during the day if you use their SCA name! xd )

like "john!! JOHN!!! HEY JOHN! ~grumble~ YOH LORD TADGG!! THEEERE we go!!" xd (during school and what-not)

Lol, sure! A friend sent me a few good links... I'll see if I can dig them up & I'll pm them to you when I find them... also, if you want, when I make my first corset I can give you a rundown on if it's easy or not... they seem like they could be difficult, but when you think about it they probably aren't... they just have a lot of stuff that you wouldn't normally buy...

& Yeah, lol, I've noticed that too! Lol, in our Shire, some people like me) are known by our real names, others by their SCA names & others by both.

Our Herald, for example... if you ask where Andrew is, you'll get a "Who the hell is Andrew???", but if you ask where Drogo is "Yeah, he's just gone outside to get something from his car." xd

JewelsSparkle

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:35 pm
JewelsSparkle

Lol, sure! A friend sent me a few good links... I'll see if I can dig them up & I'll pm them to you when I find them... also, if you want, when I make my first corset I can give you a rundown on if it's easy or not... they seem like they could be difficult, but when you think about it they probably aren't... they just have a lot of stuff that you wouldn't normally buy...

& Yeah, lol, I've noticed that too! Lol, in our Shire, some people like me) are known by our real names, others by their SCA names & others by both.

Our Herald, for example... if you ask where Andrew is, you'll get a "Who the hell is Andrew???", but if you ask where Drogo is "Yeah, he's just gone outside to get something from his car." xd

lolz YAY ty!! *glomp* biggrin biggrin biggrin can't wait!! lolz and yeah!! totally
my friend just this last event was helping the herald since he had a lvl4 tear to his mussel and couldn't really do much, so she went and heralded, you know 'here, read there over there, over there, and over there' 'ok'
so by the end of the event 'HEY, HEY HERALD!! LITTLE HERALD' xd ask where chiara is - no clue, where' the little herald 'oh yeah, over there' xd
also - 1/2 the people i met know me as Amanda, the other 1/2 as Medb and a few by both!! xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:07 pm
Sir_Catherine

In Caid sable's a tincture, and I don't know anybody who disagrees. I know this only because my device casued problems because of that.  

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:10 pm
Naito_Mitsukai

Always... there's a million Johns, but John knows very well he's the only Lord Tadgg.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games