Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

Zombiezaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:22 pm
I do not fear the dead, but of course I fear dying. Nobody knows what happens when we all die. Maybe its wonderful, maybe its more horrible than our minds could possibly comprehend, or maybe we just sease to exist.
If we have a choice how do we make that chose?
None of us are blameless.

I know ill get some criticism for this but I am christian. Because it is so far the only religion that makes any sense to me as far as the afterlife is concerned.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 pm
You have many good points, actually pretty much all of your points are good. Death should not be something to be feared or even hated. People are much too fearful of the things that they do not know, but is death really all that unknown? People die every day, you know you are going to die, and no matter what you have seen it before, whether it be in the media or in real life, people have seen death many times. I personally am not afraid of death. I learned a long time ago that death is inevitable and that it is a natural part of living.

I honestly didn’t know anyone else that knew about the way of Bushido. I was trained in it for 13 years and have many ties to it. What you said is completely true. Those that are taught in the ways of bushido are not only taught to embrace death but to celebrate it. Death is not an end to life but a gateway to a new beginning.

I know many people that are afraid of the darkness because of past experiences, but that’s all they are past experiences. There really is no reason for anyone to be afraid of darkness because like you said it’s simply something that comes after dusk and before dawn.

In some instances the darkness is even used to people’s advantages; those that embrace the darkness sometimes get a great advantage to life.

As for the paranormal, I do believe that spirits, and I also believe that I have been visited by a few. It does seem as though they may have unfinished business but I’m not all that sure if it’s their choice altogether.

I don’t know these are just my opinions if you believe otherwise then those are your beliefs and I will not judge.  

Alister_King

Victoria Elwatts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 pm
"What is so scary? Am I the only one these days who is like.."So, we all die eventually... should I fear something I know will eventually happen?" I KNOW i'm not, because I have proof, and faith that many of you feel the same way. Being afraid of death, is unnatural. Why? Because Death is part of the cycle we all live in. Whether we return to the plain of life, or whether we move on to somewhere else, it doesn't matter. People are afraid of the darkness that death brings. They are afraid some kind of demon will carry them away, and whatnot. Some don't accept it, when their time has arrived. I believe, that if a soul does not accept death, and has a strong connection to life, or unfinished business, they stay. Then, they are stuck. They can't leave, even if they finished their business. Their decision is final."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Death shouldn't be feared.You are right it is the end for all and it is quite unnatural to fear her.
I see Death as a release from the form I am stuck in right now.My spirit,
after death, will be able to fly away and dance in the stars.At least thats what I think.In life some of us are trapped like caged birds and death is a gift to us.I also think it is dumb to be sad for those who are dead, they are free!And a fear of the dead?
Thats ridiculous.We should respect those who pass on.
I do also believe spirits exsist and that some of them watch us even.
Though, the spirits to fear are the ones with past wrongs.
I think that some, when they die, become a tree, if they are close to nature that is.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:24 pm
Tis not death you should fear, but what happens after death in my opinion, for no one knows truly what happens after death, however everyone knows their gonna die unless their nuts and think their immortal, and even then the immortal will someday vanish as well.  

Zandratic

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

blood and body

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 am
i don't think death should be feared. it will happen so live your life happily and when death comes you'll be ready. bu before it does come, make sure you have done everything you have ever wanted to do. or you will die eternaly regretting it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 pm
Death should not be feared, its a part of life, the end. Death should be looked forward to, for that is the mark that you've lived a full life.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

c_h_a_o_s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 pm
i don't fear death but i don't let it get to my head i stand on top of roofs allday putting shingles on without a rope and risk my life everyday but fearing death and expeariencing death are two different things there fore what do you fear risking your life or dieing it all makes a difference and im rambling drunkly so ill stop now xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:07 pm
I fear death when I am not ready. I want to live a long healthy life to a ripe age. I do not fear death, it's natural. I fear death too soon, is all.  

SADERR

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 pm
I don't fear death itself so much as the prospect of having to start over in a new body, no memory, no nothing... it's a scary prospect that you'll fade off and never wake up... especially before you're ready to accept it...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:37 am
I'm not sure If I do fear death... All I know is everyone dies and that death is an equalizer sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Sautana

korn_fairy17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:27 pm
i do not fear death i am excited to see what happens when i die  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:30 pm
Personally, I do not fear death. I fear the unknown.
My theory on what death is from the first person point of view is just a complete permanent loss of consciousness, a complete loss of all senses, perception, and thoughts.
My fear of death is mainly founded by the fact that my theory is only a theory. Therefore not scientifically validated nor proven by anybody nor anything. Just an opinion.  

the_underworks

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:18 am
I almost died not that long ago. I was convinced it was actually going to happen.

I was terrified.
Not because of the unknown, not because I hadn't lived a long life, not because there were unfinished projects, not because there were things left unsaid, not because there were so many people I'd never see again.

I was terrified because I wouldn't get to see my daughter grow up.

It seems strange in retrospect. I wasn't afraid of never seeing her again. I just... really wanted to see her grow up. I wanted to help her do homework. I wanted to deal with her teenage angst. I wanted to worry about paying for her college. I wanted to hold her while she cried after being dumped for the first time. I wanted to be there while she made mistakes, learned, loved, fought, hated me, needed me, lied to me, confided in me, disappointed me, made me proud.

Well, maybe it makes sense. Being a mother is the only thing I've done that seemed worth doing. I've curled up next to her crib while she slept in order to keep from killing myself. She is my reason for living, and she's usually the only reason why I want to, and that's often simply because, damn it, it's my job!

Being a parent is something you really can't comprehend until you've done it. It changes everything.

s**t, I'm babbling again.
Sorry stressed sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 pm
Death is a good but serious topic, i fear death(I hate to admit) I wouldnt like to leave the ones i love behind. i just hope i dont die young, or soon like my mom, she was in a car accident and passed away in the hospital, i was bout 16 or 17 when she passed away and my mom was 42 i believe. i know she wasnt ready to go, but atleast she is not hurting or in pain anymore, but its hard to go by day to day without the person who raised u and for say ur friend, the person who knew u could always talk to and wouldnt mind bout what it was u wanted to talk about , she never cared bout what my friends were (punk, goth, heavy metal ~if she could have met my boyfriend which i wish she could everyday but thats just life~ prep, "normal", oddball or etc...) she didnt care as long i was happy with my friends she didnt care, i just dont want to die that early like she did and leave so many people she loved behind, and i know it was just the way it goes, and things happen for a reason, but im using her accident as a way to explain my fear, i think if i died tomorrow my dad would be in such a heartache idk if he could go on living, i lost alot of family members over the last 4 years and its hard to let them go. anyways i would rather die in my sleep at least a decent old age of 70+ and up. so i could have live a full life with a family/husband. u know? i dont think i would be afraid if i lived and full life. i know its a natural thing and everyone on earth will go through at one time or the other. but it makes u wonder a lot bout the subject.  

jawsfangirl

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces