Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiderion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:59 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
try it, dont buy it okay then

how bout the one with the naboo fighter
didnt play it... hearsay requested i dont waste my time.

go back to oldies = tie fighter and xwing  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:09 pm
ahh X-wing..  

FrozenPhoenix32

Tiderion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:12 pm
naturally being who I am, i enjoyd tie so much more. I would join the rebellion undoubtedl just because of my ideals but i really enjoy flying the more daring fighter. though given time and funding i might design my own line of space superiority or interceptor type fighter.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:09 pm
the basic TIE sucked...no hyperdrive crappy shielding, the list goes on...

TIE Defenders is what you wanna have  

FrozenPhoenix32

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:18 am
FrozenPhoenix32

actually tie/lns had no shielding whatsoever. but you dont want a tie/d even a mark three cause theyre giant targets... ******** that. the reason you fly a tie and not an xwing is because youre good enough to not need extra protection. (which few are) this is why i would fly an tie interceptor. 10 point sublight speed, faster than any rebellion fighter. maneuvrability is outstanding for that speed. cannons are rebuilt for higher firepower.

Now personally I would have a tie interceptor rebuilt with a hyperdrive but thats prolly the only major mod you'd notice. id prolly go without shields if i can keep up the top speed. if not then ill drop into an incom designed fighter. or maybe an awing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:25 am
Tiderion
FrozenPhoenix32

actually tie/lns had no shielding whatsoever. but you dont want a tie/d even a mark three cause theyre giant targets... ******** that. the reason you fly a tie and not an xwing is because youre good enough to not need extra protection. (which few are) this is why i would fly an tie interceptor. 10 point sublight speed, faster than any rebellion fighter. maneuvrability is outstanding for that speed. cannons are rebuilt for higher firepower.

Now personally I would have a tie interceptor rebuilt with a hyperdrive but thats prolly the only major mod you'd notice. id prolly go without shields if i can keep up the top speed. if not then ill drop into an incom designed fighter. or maybe an awing.

Awing is faster at sublight speed than an interceptor, but only slightly. that is if my memory is correct. and it has some shields, a torpedo launcher, and a hyperdrive. at least thats what i remember.

and why not an ewing?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:22 am
give me a Ywing anyday i like the desgin but in the games the y wing doesnt seem to go very fast i wonder if thats a desgin flaw  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:59 am
NickCpointless
give me a Ywing anyday i like the desgin but in the games the y wing doesnt seem to go very fast i wonder if thats a desgin flaw

you rock man. If you were a girl, id say a lot more to congratulate you.

Me likey the Ywing the best, but unfortunately, its just too damn slow...

"It can take a beating, but its slower than a sleepy hutt."- Wedge from Original Rogue Squadren for N64  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:32 pm
Nelowulf

Awing is faster at sublight speed than an interceptor, but only slightly. that is if my memory is correct. and it has some shields, a torpedo launcher, and a hyperdrive. at least thats what i remember.

and why not an ewing?
actually i made a mistake, a standard tie moves at 10 sublight units, a tie interceptor is a 11, and an awing is at 12.

awing has low to moderate shielding and concussion missiles. also the guns on the thing have nice 20degree targetting which i talked about a while ago.

e-wing? not my style. they're better suited as a spacesuperiority and vanguard type class fighter. plus theyre unrealistic as ********. theyre stacked with weapons and armor and still are highly maneuverable and almost as fast as an a-wing... bullshit

the y-wing...sucks. its a powerhouse but i wouldnt fly it. im definately an interceptor type of person. the y-wing is slow in games cause it IS slow. It moves at a whopping 7 sublight units. also they arent so heavily armoured as you might think because the armor is bulky and gets in the way of engineers. so most rebel engineers have taken off a lot of the body armor plates and insteas beefed up the shields. nice trade off but still. the benefits of the y-wing are in its weaponry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:44 pm
I understand the Ywing speed sucks. But its shields are uber every game ive ever played. not to mention proton bombs and ion cannons...

and i just like it.

I do better in an awing, but the ywing is just old skool on ya.

And tell me, why is an awing so slow, yet the naboo starfighter is almost faster and as stong as an Xwing? and yet the rebels best fighters at the beginning of the rebellion were y wings?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:56 pm
Nelowulf
I understand the Ywing speed sucks. But its shields are uber every game ive ever played. not to mention proton bombs and ion cannons...

and i just like it.

I do better in an awing, but the ywing is just old skool on ya.

And tell me, why is an awing so slow, yet the naboo starfighter is almost faster and as stong as an Xwing? and yet the rebels best fighters at the beginning of the rebellion were y wings?
I am simply not interested in bombing things though ion cannons can be useful. there is not a single starfighter design i dont like. some are jsut better for me than others.

dont trust video games when it comes to speed and such about fighters. there are programming restrictions to make things less realistic. ie having small areas to fly in means beef down speed so you dont travers the arena in less than a minute.... a-wings are fast...very fast. the naboo starfighter is gay and wasn't even built into the spectrum of fighter ability. its like how they made up the planet of naboo to have a different planet to play with for episode one. the naboo starfighter then naturally is designed not to be realistic but to be as fun to play as other starfighters. the rebellions best fighters werent the y-wings at the beginning, theyre were literally the only star fighters. which works out cause theyre were the work horse of the rebellion until incom could secret away the x-wing designs for production. the y-wing is a multiple profile star fighter which is why they are used a lot but the best offered is the x-wing. every other ship designed is either unrealistic or specialized for mission profiles.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:49 pm
still. Ywing is cool. Awing is second. Past that, well... nah.

Id go with *memory block* aww nuts... the xixor fighters... those were sleek too.. especially his modified one...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:45 pm
except easy to blow out of the sky... hahaha

depends on what you are looking for in a fighter. each has its own uses. i value speed and maneuvrability. some may desire weaponry.

we should make a thread or talk about this in the hangar about who would fly what. or if they don't know much about fighters say what they want in a fighter and we hook them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:08 pm
I like speed and defense. The faster it is, the stronger it is, the more i like it. It needs some punch, but not death star power. I dont' want to sit all day attacking a target, but i don't mind pegging it 5-6 times.

thats just me. so far, jedi starfighter looks like my best bet...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:47 pm
it all depends on what type of mission your on...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games