Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:08 pm
true that. plus, Venators look sweet awesome.

*goes on google image search*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:35 pm
impressive as they are, I have to say Ive always liked the smaller captial class ships.
wait a minute...what if Star destroyer is only a ship class? Like how our navy has Corvettes, Frigattes, Carriers, destroyers and Cruisers? Cruisers are the largest battleships in the fleet that can engage in combat on their own... Would Star Cruisers be the real name for the Executor class? and if so, how many of these monsters would the empire have produced? the expanded univers gives us a definate number of Executor class vessels produced, but GL has no problem bashing and ripping apart the EU for his own purposes.
Could there be a real Star Cruiser class? If so, is that the reason the Rebellion is mostly a backwater movement?
very interesting.....  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:41 am
Well TECHNICALLY, the Executor/SUper class aren't even Destroyers per se, but really Dreadnoughts.

So what we would call Super Star Destroyers, is really a broad term for

Executor class Star Dreadnaughts
Sovereign class Star Dreadnoughts
Eclipse Class Star Dreadnoughts.

But for some reason, we insist on referring to them as Star Destroyers...

edit: i think the whole line produced from Kuat Drive Yards was called the Star Destroyer Line, they just had the Destroyer and Dreadnought clasifications tackeed on by the Imps.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:53 am
But what about the dreadnoughts produced by Rendelli star drive?
y-know, the Katana fleet?  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:31 pm
Yeah but those were just called Dreadnoughts.

Bad continuity problem eh?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:48 pm
yes it is. sweatdrop  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:35 am
yep

So how bout them E-Wings?

Personally I dont think theyd have a chance against an XJ3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:05 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
yep

So how bout them E-Wings?

Personally I dont think theyd have a chance against an XJ3

No way. I don't really like the E-wings. I understand that it doesn't make much sense to go through all those great starfighter designs in the prequel trilogy and Clone Wars, then have one that hangs around upopposed for thirty years, but the E-wing just isn't as cool as the X-wing.

Plus, it was rushed into production before it was ready, and there are a number of flaws with the blasters. The R7 droids only work with E-wings, and E-wings are almost useless without R7s. That was eventually changed, though. On the other hand, the X-wing was good and only got better.

Of course, out-of-universe, the guys at Lucasbooks put all those flaws into the E-wing to give the X-wing an excuse to stay, even though it should have been replaced after such a long lifespan.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:01 am
plus the fact that the E wing didnt have s-foils, only two lasers, i think.

Anakin Solo did get a R7 to work with an XJ though.

howsa bout K-Wing bombers ?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:45 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
plus the fact that the E wing didnt have s-foils, only two lasers, i think.

Anakin Solo did get a R7 to work with an XJ though.

howsa bout K-Wing bombers ?

Three lasers, actually, one on each wing and one over the cockpit. Another thing, looking at the art of the E-wing in the New Essential Guide, it reminds me of a shuttlebus, or a monorail, or something along the lines of mass transit, rather than a maneuverable starfighter.

K-wings are different. K-wings filled a needed niche, rather than replacing a successful craft. Bombing had always been a secondary role for Y-wings, and unlike X-wings, those were becoming quickly outdated. The B-wing and the K-wing split the Y-wing's duties between them. It's a shame the K-wing was never seen in more than one trilogy.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:25 pm
which trilogy was that?

and i still don';t understand why the B-Wing is called a "bomber" it seems more liek a heavy assault fighter to me..  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:08 pm
The Black Fleet trilogy. The one with the Yevetha.

The B-wing is a heavy assault fighter, designed to take on capital ships and win. Where'd you hear it was a bomber?  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:10 pm
various sources have reffered to it as the B-Wing bomber..and i'm like...it doesnt bomb..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:49 pm
probably because of its huge torp payload.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:40 am
no kidding.

I like B-Wings, they're cool.

ahhh Vong warships are taking Coruscant as we speak!!!

i love Star by Star...ooh doesnt Fey'lya do a suicide run in an X-Wing or something?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games