Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Blood+ ]
English Dubb .___. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:09 pm
Sylphiechu
I like some of the voices but I'm disappointed with a lot of them. In the first episodes Kai sounded unemotional even in emotional parts, but his voice seemed to gradually become more convincing as the series went on. Riku's voice just annoyed the hell out of me, Saya's voice was too wimpy (Well, I guess it was fitting in the beginning of the series, and when Saya got all RAWR later on, her voice changed to fit it) and Van's French accent is ridiculously fake. I liked Diva and Hagi's voices, and Moses and Karman. Nathan too. Who else? Oh, and I love David's voice.. just because it sounds ridiculously like the "Twilight Zone" guy to me and it makes me laugh.

One thing I've noticed is that some voices that the characters have are too similar to other characters. Solomon and Joel seem to have the same voice actor, I'm not sure, and I think Mao and Irene do too. This disappointed me because I love Irene but whenever she talked it just sounded like a calmer Mao to me. (I like Mao, but their personalities are very different so it was distracting that they had similar voices.)

I know what you mean on the whole Irene and Mao thing. I think that they're by the same voice actress, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:51 pm
So i was lying on bed las tnigh tthinking about how similar Blood is to Ayashi no Ceres/Ceres: Celestial legend. Down to the main characters having similar names (Aya and Saya) .

Xd  

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:38 pm
youkoonna
So i was lying on bed las tnigh tthinking about how similar Blood is to Ayashi no Ceres/Ceres: Celestial legend. Down to the main characters having similar names (Aya and Saya) .

Xd

I've wanted to read that manga for so long!! >.>; I can't remember why I haven't bought any GNs of it yet... I think it was because I wasn't old enough...?? Well, I'm old enough now, lol! XD Man there's alot of manga I want to try out: Ayashi no Ceres, D. Gray-man (don't be mad at me, I don't know how to spell it. ><;; )... and I can't remember the rest. @_@; too many to count. I think Ouran Host club was somewhere in there... do they have that manga translated into English??  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:13 pm
YamiCheza
youkoonna

Xd

I've wanted to read that manga for so long!! >.>; I can't remember why I haven't bought any GNs of it yet... I think it was because I wasn't old enough...?? Well, I'm old enough now, lol! XD Man there's alot of manga I want to try out: Ayashi no Ceres, D. Gray-man (don't be mad at me, I don't know how to spell it. ><;; )... and I can't remember the rest. @_@; too many to count. I think Ouran Host club was somewhere in there... do they have that manga translated into English??

Ayashi? Yeah, I own almost the whole thing. XD it's so good!

I've heard Ouran was good as well, but never got a chance to read much of it.

No idea abut D-gray.  

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:52 am
youkoonna
YamiCheza
youkoonna

Xd

No idea abut D-gray.

D-i-v-a told me once that D. Gray-man is the bomb...and i still haven't checked it out. ;_; I'm so behind in buying the graphic novels of the manga i do get around to reading. With school and all it seems like i don't have time to buy manga anymore! gonk crying  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:16 am
YamiCheza
youkoonna
YamiCheza
youkoonna

Xd

No idea abut D-gray.

D-i-v-a told me once that D. Gray-man is the bomb...and i still haven't checked it out. ;_; I'm so behind in buying the graphic novels of the manga i do get around to reading. With school and all it seems like i don't have time to buy manga anymore! gonk crying

Ayashi no Ceres is really great, If your into mello-dramatic stuff, sorta, besides, All of Yuu Watase's stuff is the same, seriously, all her lead-female characters have the same personality.

Ouran is an amzing series, you should really see it Yami.

And if you don't have the money to buy all of these Manga's why don't you read them online to see if you like them or not first?

You could go to OneManga or Manga Volume or evenManga Traders if you want to download them

Frankly I think it's easier then buying everything, Money may technically grow on trees, but its not like you can go pluck a leaf and go buy something with it o.O  

D-i-v-a
Captain

The Edible Crayon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm
-posting here extremely late-

I think the English dub is very well done. Yes, Diva's voice is annoying as hell, but Diva herself is meant to be annoying. She has the personality of a spoiled child, and her English voice really enhances that. I thought Steven Blum and Dave Wittenberg did well with episode 44 too, it really seemed to fit.

And Mao and Irene are both voiced by Olivia Hack.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm
Contrare, Diva isn't annoying, she's a confusing character, but annoying is not one of those traits (well maybe for Saya, who hasn't been able to kill for over 100 years)

She's feral, sinister, a tad-psychotic, all bundled in a childish personality.
In all honesty, her english voice captures most of it, EXCEPT the the Childish-ness that pretty much makes Diva. It's like making Chocolate Chip cookies without the chocolate chips. Misses the key ingredient.  

D-i-v-a
Captain

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 am
Diva compared to chocolate chip cookies lol good analogy it fits, but now I want chocolate chip cookies.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 am
Jessikenz
Diva compared to chocolate chip cookies lol good analogy it fits, but now I want chocolate chip cookies.

Lol, Yeah, That was a mistake, I want to make chocolate chip cookies now. (since home-made our better the store bought IMO)

Carl's severed arm will help me ^^  

D-i-v-a
Captain

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:21 am
YamiCheza
youkoonna
YamiCheza
youkoonna

Xd

No idea abut D-gray.

Same here! I never usually have money. I get like, 1-2 manga every few months.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:37 pm
@Yokoonna: I have enough to buy 2 novels every couple of weeks but i haven't had the chance to actually go out to a bookstore (i live a long distance from one) for a while I've been so busy.

@D-i-v-a:Thanks for the links, that may be the only way I'll be able to keep up with my favorite manga. There's one manga by Yuu Watase I've read some of called Absolute Boyfriend where the main character doesn't act quite as much like all her other leading ladies, that is if they all act like Miaka (the only other Watase manga I've read is Fushigi Yuugi).
And I agree with you, homemade cookies taste the best. blaugh  

YamiCheza
Crew

eternally_the_siren_sings
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00 am
Me's gonna be Pastry Chef! Get paid to bake! Anyhow.......Crispin Freeman rules. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 pm
YamiCheza
@Yokoonna: I have enough to buy 2 novels every couple of weeks but i haven't had the chance to actually go out to a bookstore (i live a long distance from one) for a while I've been so busy.

@D-i-v-a:Thanks for the links, that may be the only way I'll be able to keep up with my favorite manga. There's one manga by Yuu Watase I've read some of called Absolute Boyfriend where the main character doesn't act quite as much like all her other leading ladies, that is if they all act like Miaka (the only other Watase manga I've read is Fushigi Yuugi).
And I agree with you, homemade cookies taste the best. blaugh

Your Lucky, I buy ONE manga book once a month (Thank GOD for the internets)

No seriously ALL of Yuu Watase's leading roles act like Miaka, Riiko included.

Alice from Alice 19th
Riiko from Absolute Boyfriend
Aya from Ayashi no Ceres
Tanpopo from Imadoki!
Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi

They may not have similar lifestyles, but they're personalities are EXACTLY the same, it's like she took Miaka and cloned her with different hairstyles and different eyes colors fifteen million times.

Sorry Got carried away, and yeah, you should really rely on the internets from manga more often, I don't know HOW you stand it, buying everything, You should save your money up for Merchandising instead. That you CAN'T enjoy over the internet.  

D-i-v-a
Captain

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:04 pm
D-i-v-a
Jessikenz

Lol, Yeah, That was a mistake, I want to make chocolate chip cookies now. (since home-made our better the store bought IMO)

Carl's severed arm will help me ^^
Indeed, store bought is crap. Nothing's better then a chocolate chip cookie made with love 4laugh . I think I'll make mine this weekend. surprised Lucky I want a severed arms help in the kitchen  
[ Blood+ ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff