Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
YJK was written before the Hand of Thrawn duology, I think, or there would have been some mention of Aunt Mara. Fortunately for the newly-peaceful Empire, I think the Second Imperium was a splinter group from the Deep Core.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:09 pm
Durza the Shade
YJK was written before the Hand of Thrawn duology, I think, or there would have been some mention of Aunt Mara. Fortunately for the newly-peaceful Empire, I think the Second Imperium was a splinter group from the Deep Core.

There was ONE reference to an Aunt Mara. It bugged me to hell because I had never read any SW books beside the one.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:01 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Durza the Shade

There was ONE reference to an Aunt Mara. It bugged me to hell because I had never read any SW books beside the one.

Really? You'd think I'd have noticed that. Well, there were a couple books from the Diversity Alliance arc I never got to.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:44 pm
it was in the Anja Gallandro trilogy.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm
Oh, now I think I remember. By that time, Zahn's intentions regarding Vision of the Future would have come to light, I think.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:48 pm
yeah i guess so.

Was Anja's father ever elaborated on? in the Solo trilogy or the Solo Adventures?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 pm
Whichever one was written by the late, great Brian Daley. That trilogy was actually written before ESB ever came out, but it's suprisingly accurate with the rest of the timeline, even today. Except for its annoying tendancy to spell 'droid with an apostrophe at the beginning . . .

Anyway, Gallandro's part in that trilogy is pretty much how Han relates it in Return to Ord Mantell.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:56 pm
Durza the Shade
Whichever one was written by the late, great Brian Daley. That trilogy was actually written before ESB ever came out, but it's suprisingly accurate with the rest of the timeline, even today. Except for its annoying tendancy to spell 'droid with an apostrophe at the beginning . . .

Anyway, Gallandro's part in that trilogy is pretty much how Han relates it in Return to Ord Mantell.

It was?

I thought that besides Alan Dean Foster's ghost-writing of ANH(who also used " 'droid".) Zahn was the first to write EU...  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:04 pm
No, the Han Solo adventures, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and I think the Lando Calrissian Adventures were all written before the "Dark Times" of SW publishing.

edit: Not to mention Marvel's comic series, currently being reprinted under the subtitle "A long time ago . . ."  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:12 pm
hmm, then why is Zahn credited as "the first" ?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:41 pm
Where is he given that title? Zahn brought the EU out of the "dark times" and revived SW publishing. Technically, my sig is incorrect; it should say "father of the modern EU." So, he's "the first" in a long time. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:45 pm
Durza the Shade
Where is he given that title? Zahn brought the EU out of the "dark times" and revived SW publishing. Technically, my sig is incorrect; it should say "father of the modern EU." So, he's "the first" in a long time. *shrug*

Hmm.

Zahn shoulda written for NJO..

about Outbound Flight encountering the Vong..  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 pm
Well, he talked about that at CIII. He didn't want to write for the NJO because the major elements were layed out beforehand, and he hates writing someone else's story. He'll never do a novelization for the same reason.

And I don't think Outbound Flight ever encountered the Vong, but we'll find out conclusively when the novel of the same name comes out later this year.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:29 pm
blaugh I know I can't wait!

As for the NJO, didn't they plan the whole story out for lkike a year,a nd then just get some authors to write it? The author's didnt have much choice in storyline did they?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:44 pm
Exactly. That's why Zahn didn't write anything for it. He likes making stories with Lucas's characters, and he can work under Lucas's limits, but he doesn't like to merely flesh out a storyline someone else came up with.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games