Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:56 pm
That blows.

You'll never be as muti-tasked as I...

Make one fleet just the executor and the DS2. Another fleet needs Piett, with one ISD, 1 victory, 2 tartans, and a missleboat (i forget the name).
Mirror that with the same stuff, except with thrawn.

Then you create a small strike force with fett at teh charge, usually works best with 10 defender squadrons and 10 phantom squadrons.

Four major fleets right there, and All are more than capable of taking down a computer controlled fleet with 120 points or less. Reinforce as needed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:18 pm
I only use the one fleet for attacking. Allows me to concentrate more on defense.

Meh, to each his own I guess.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:48 pm
Attack fast, and they can't retaliate.

I have one permanent assault fleet, and often times move onto the next planet while a backup fleet comes in with ground forces, so that I really do double time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:12 pm
*note to self*
"Buy Video Game"  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am
All the same, it's not like the computer actively attacks you. I spend more time eliminating corruption than getting attacked by either faction.

I always keep a defensive fleet on each of my border planets. Between those and my stations, I can hold any assault.

1 Fleet Officer
1 Imperial Star Destroyer
2 Victories
2 Acclamantors
2 Broadside Cruisers
3 Tartan Patrol Boats

The only thing I find that can possibly break though that is a full Consortium fleet with like 20 Kedalbes and Aggresors, or 20 Mon Cal cruisers.

Otherwise, I spend 90% of my time building and attacking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:11 am
Don't spend time on eliminating corruption.

They can only sabotage one orbital fixture and one ground based thing, and if you replace it, they can redestroy it. since you get everything cheaper, wait until you get about half the galaxy first, then start removing corruption... Save you cash and headaches.

The s**t that annoys me is when they send like 20 squadrens of b-wings, 15 neb-Bs, and 20 mon cal frigates. Even an ISD can't defend against all that...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:12 am
I know.

One skirmish battle like that took me nearly an hour. My station was all but ruined, and I was forced to attack with Tartans, Ties, and Bombers because all my ships were destroyed  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:55 am
I think I'm gonna get Lego Star Wars II today. For some reason, I don't have it yet.  

elvisnake

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm
I love Empire At Wat... the best fights are when you are when you have say... 2 or 3 ISDs (Imperial not Interdictor) and Boba and a Fleet Commander and then fill the spaces with Frigates VS. nothing but Nebulons, Xwings, and Ywings...

It's slaughter...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 pm
But thats only fun when you want overkill. I enjoy playing the Rebellion. It's much harder.  

Jaden_Ordo

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:54 am
A corrupt rebellion is deadly.

20 mon cal frigates are near impossible to destroy. except for tie bombers and that cloaking frigate of the consortium, its not weak against anything...

I find the empire actually the harder of the two to play.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:15 am
Empire's easy, once you get the Heroes and superweapons

The Consoritum has the best destroyer, the Kedalbe. The Aggresor is basically a really big broadside cruiser that can also defend itself. They also have the best corvette, the Crusader.

The rebs suck imo. Granted, Mon Cals have near permanant shielding, but they have no bombers or fighters of their own. They have to be brought along in their own groups.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:42 pm
You don't need fighters though.

the MC-30s have anti-fighter screens that are better than most everythign else...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:50 pm
True, but those are easily taken down with a Destroyer or some missle ships.

Hell, I just swarm them with every fighter and bomber I got, and tear it down in seconds.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:10 pm
Ah... Empire at War, I'm so tired of you.

Only one thing to do: Play Star Wars: Warlords!!!
User Image  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games