Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Julian Galaksylph
                                              datexxx
                                              space(☿) Lυcιєη Mαякσν
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce PurebloodUnsorted First YearDancer

spaceThe world is spinning too fast, I'm buying lead Nike shoes
                                              spaceTo keep myself tethered, to the days I try to lose
                                              spaceMy mama said to slow down: You must make your own shoes
                                              spaceStop dancing to the music of Gorillaz in a happy mood
                                              spaceKeeping my groove on, bay do de bop

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lucien wants to tell himself that he's not being nervous about this Sorting Ceremony, but in all honestly he's really nervous under layers of his calm demeanor. Bloody hell, his family doesn't even care where he will end up and yet there's this internal voice asking questions about which house he'll end up at. His face was cool, but he was gritting his teeth as he sat down the stool the moment Professor Harlowe put a hat on him. The element of surprise was making him struggle with keeping is composure, after all.

spaceHere you go, get the cool- get the cool shoeshine!
                                              spaceThere's a monkey in the jungle watching a vapour trail
                                              spaceCaught up in the conflict between its brain and his tail
                                              spaceAnd if time's an elimination then we got nothing to lose
                                              spacePlease repeat the message: It's the music that we choose

with [Hat] at [Great Hall]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((personality under spoiler))

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTICLucien is a optimist who pretty much works hard and hopes for the best results. He sees things in a practical way and does his thing to prepare for things when warned about. On the other hand, Lucien is quite considerate of the downsides and takes it as a caution sign to do something less dumb. He, after all, doesn't believe in dwelling and being stuck as a result.

EXTROVERTEDLucien is one of those calm, friendly, and affectionate extroverts, even though he does get occasionally awkward. Either way, Lucien likes to be with company and gets easily bored when being alone. Thankfully, his diplomatic skills had made socializing easier for him and the people around, but Lucien is observant enough about who he is dealing with.

SELF-CONTROLLEDLucien, with his calm demeanor, is capable of keeping his feelings and harsh opinions on check. The reason he did so was because Lucien believed that being careless and spontaneous will only get him to trouble at worst, so why risk when there were other ways? While this served him well and rarely cause chaos to start with, it made Lucien a bit secretive to what he really felt and resort to passive-aggressiveness. Then again, just because he has composure doesn't mean he's calm.

DIPLOMATLucien deals with things in a diplomatic way, meaning that he considers what people would think and planning how to deal with it. He gives himself some time to think, analyzing the things around him that it makes him a very perceptive yet time-consuming thinker. But, when he failed to do something, Lucien will get miffed then try to move on from it depending on the situation. On the other hand, give had given him some doubts to his choices, and other people's choices as well.

MATUREWhile he isn't above being a kid sometimes, Lucien took something his father didn't used to have in his younger years: being mature and responsible. Being raised to not be like his father in his younger years, Lucien is good at taking responsibility and knowing what he was doing. Impressively, he was walking a fine line between being a teenager and being mature, but this leaves him little patience to rowdy children and idiots.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ah, well, this is too easy!
I know just what to do with you

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Julian Galaksylph
                                              datexxx
                                              space(Ω) Sų-Jïŋ Cɧσ
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce HalfbloodUnsorted First YearResearcher

spacYou go sleep with the fishes; There's no room for you here, there's no room for you here
                                              spacWrap your teeth around the pavement. 'Cause your body's a message, send my regards to hell!
                                              spacFall upon your knees, sing, "This is my body and soul here."
                                              spacCrawl and beg and plead, sing, "You've got the power and control!"
                                              spacDon't pin it all on me, don't pin it all on me!

Su-Jin was one of the early students to get called upon and being in front with a hundred people didn't help matters for him. All of this made him bite his lower lip to prevent his teeth from chattering and tried to keep his head down low to avoid any eye contact with strangers sans Professor Hawthorne. He sat down the stool and just muttered in Korean wishing that this will just end switfly, but it the end he can't really tell the hat what to do being sentient and all.On the other hand, if things were going his way, he would wish to be in a house where Sora can't go. Of course, he can't tell Gi that if he didn't want to get an earful from her but still...

spacYou've been granted three wishes; Say goodbye to your mother, your father, your son
                                              spacI can hear your pulse racing from here, sitting next to this gun beats your heart in your mouth!
                                              spacFall upon your knees, sing, "This is my body and soul here."
                                              spacCrawl and beg and plead, sing, "You've got the power and control here!"
                                              spacOh blame, blame, blame! I got you, I got you...

with [Hat] at [Great Hall]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((out of character notes goes here))

REBELLIOUSEver since their stepmother came to his life, Sujin as a child sees this as if their father was replacing their mother. That's why he refused to warm up on her stepmother and resented his father as a kid. He doesn't like people who tells him what he should and shouldn't do, especially when it was the people he didn't trust enough. This was done as an outlet of him being torn and upset over whatever was going on in their once-normal family, as well as being resentful at best.

TOLERANTNormally, Sujin is a mild and good-natured person- enough to help his friends in need but not the type to help strangers left and right. He doesn't mind helping people especially when it means that he could absorb new knowledge from the situation, too. But other than that, he wouldn't mind doing good things to people without expecting anything in return. Of course, he is only kind to the people who are kind to him, otherwise he would just straightly say no if he felt like it.

PESSIMISTICAs much as he insists that he's only 'realistic', Sujin is quite a pessimist in nature, which is probably rooted from some of his experiences with bullies and family problems. He isn't really the type to say that 'it could get better' or 'we'll get through this'- rather he would think of the cons of something abit more than the pros (To be fair, Sujin's pros was something that was possible to happen). He normally thinks that being an optimist is just something that's just going to upset him, that's why it's better if he just won't expect anything good at all. Su-Jin, if he could get away with it, would try to pop an optimist's bubble to "break their naivety." However, it should be noted that he can smile here and there, just that he wasn't sunshine and rainbows.

INQUISITIVEVery intelligent and curious at heart, he has a real tendency to ask so many questions for him to learn something new. His head might continue to bug him until something mysterious is revealed to him. He would always read books and even use the computer just so he could search for answers and new facts to know about. This results in him being a total researcher, enjoying investigating and scrutinizing any detail that comes to this path. And if he was content of the info he harvested, Sujin would keep the information to himself for future reference unless he's being asked to share it (which is conditional).

HONESTSujin grew up to know that outright lying is wrong and will only break someone's trust, therefore he doesn't mind telling the truth. He also doesn't see the point of restraining or repressing himself even if it meant him ending up in trouble- because what matters is that he's honest and true. This pretty much made him tactless at times, and thus landing into trouble frequently. Though, normally, he always answers things in a short matter-of-fact manner that it made him come off as aloof.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well, now!
What to do with you, hm?
I see a lot if fear in you, and pain
I think some positivity is in order
You'll find plenty in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm
                                                                Je retiens tous mes soupires
                                                                Pour effacer ton sourire
                                                                You're doing your best and
                                                                Your best look
                                                                You're praying that you make it

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope everyone stops staring at me soon...
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Sybille stepped up to the stool, ready to be sorted. She had been waiting for this moment since she learned who she was being married to, and she was determined to get into the older teen's house. If nothing else, it made sense. At least to her. Being in his house meant that she could observe him and learn as much about the man her parents were marrying her to as she could. Besides, if he was decent, she might actually talk to him about the engagement itself. Maybe he was just as nervous as she felt. Maybe not, but it was a possibility. Settling her skirt down, she felt the hat descend upon her head and gave a simple thought to the hat itself. 'Slytherin, please.'

✚Intelligent - I am quite intelligent. I always love to learn and find out new things, and can deal with complex ideas quite easily. I also tend to be very good with numbers, a fact that my parents despair at considering their views.
                                                                ✚Creative - I am very creative. I love to look at things in an abstract way and find outlets for my creativity. My favorite hobby by far is drawing, though I enjoy many outlets for my mind. If nothing else, it's something for me to do to expand my mind.
                                                                ✚Curious - I am naturally curious. I always wonder what is around the next corner and try to learn things I has never encountered before when I runs across them. My reasoning is sound in my mind. It's always something new to learn, and I want to find out as much as I can.
                                                                ✚Traditional - I am quite traditional. I believe that the old ways are best, and work to better myself as a proper young lady. While not prejudiced, I do tend to look askance at girls that act out in what I consider bizarre ways and can't quite comprehend why anyone would make themselves seem unseemly.
                                                                ✚Reserved - I am actually quite reserved. It takes me a bit to actually get to know someone, and tend to try to melt into the background. I don't like to stand out and try my best to remain inconspicuous, though this is not always easy for me.

OOC:

Depuis que tu dois partir
                                                                J'ai peur de mon avenir
                                                                Et loin de tes bras je ne vis qu'à
                                                                Travers mes souvenirs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love
People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong

DANIEL
JAMES
SHEPARD

first year │ halfblood │ unsorted

This was weird. This was so goddamn weird. It wasn't fair that Desi and Zach knew what was going on because their mum worked here, and Elvira hadn't seemed too clueless either. Why did he have to be the one who didn't know what was happening? He fidgeted anxiously in line, waiting for the 'Shepard, Daniel' announcement, scrutinizing the talking hat thing everyone had to put on their head to be sorted from a distance. That was seriously messed up. It was going to read his mind? He'd rather not, thanks. But it was too late now to back out of the whole thing, so it didn't look like he had a choice. At least it only seemed to be saying the house, not whatever else it had seen in the kid's head. What was in his head was his business, not the rest of the school's. When his name was finally called, he went up with a slight scowl of unease, fighting back a series of squirms.

OOC:
(personality under spoiler)
ENERGETIC
xxx»» DJ is a bundle of energy in a wiry frame; he's always got something to say and somewhere to be, and it's nearly impossible for him to sit still, keep his head down, and shut up. He's not a very moody or withdrawn person, although he can be bitter and resentful at times, especially when he feels dismissed or ignored. In general he's always up for anything, such as going out to get Chinese food at two in the morning. (Be warned, he is a very obnoxious night owl).

IMPULSIVE
xxx»» DJ is easily distracted and often operates on impulse; he may have been trying to read, but then a commercial came on the telly and ten minutes later he remembered he had originally been reading, but was too sucked into a sitcom to get up now. He typically doesn't think before he acts, which tends to result in his foot landing square in his mouth and people writing him off as immature and rude. He flits from thing to thing without even realizing it.

LONELY
xxx»» At heart Dj is a very lonely person. He never had many friends growing up, and his parents often left him to his own devices, which meant a lot of being parked in front of a television or told to 'go play outside' by himself. This resulted in not making any close personal connections with anyone until he met his half-brother at the age of eleven, and so DJ is extremely clingy and possessive towards those he considers friends.

OUTGOING
xxx»» Despite his somewhat lacking social skills, DJ is a very outgoing, sociable person, who enjoys the company of others most of the time. He hates being alone for long periods of time or cooped up at home, and would much rather be out with friends or doing something. Unfortunately he tends to come on a little strong, which can put people off, but he's intensely loyal and quick to befriend others, even if they're more introverted.

PHYSICAL
xxx»» DJ is sort of a touchy person- he's always leaning on someone or knocking shoulders with someone or high-fiving or hugging or fist-bumping- it goes on and on. He's also very big into sports, although he'll admit he's not always the best team player, and would much rather be outside doing something active than just sitting around. He's also a fairly healthy person and enjoys getting his exercise... although it often involves bouncing off the walls.

RESENTFUL
xxx»» DJ is usually very good at hiding it, but he does have a lot of resentment simmering deep down, particularly aimed at his parents and a lot of authority figures in general but also towards anyone who dismisses or ignores him. Growing up in a not very happy household, a lot of misdirected anger was aimed at him as the cause of all the problems, and he can be very sensitive when he feels like he's being blamed for anything because of this.

Well, don't you worry baby, don't worry
'Cause I'm right here at home
'Cause I'm a picker, I'm a grinner
I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one

My dear child, I promise I'll only be in here for a moment
Let's see now... hm. You're certainly adventurous enough
Looking to distract yourself, perhaps?
Well, you'll find plenty to amuse yourself with in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
A singer in a smokey room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume

cadence
bea
gregory

halfblood │ unsorted │ first year

Ugh, thank Merlin her surname was towards the start of the alphabet, because Cady couldn't freaking wait. It sucked that she and Elisabet probably wouldn't be in the same house, but hey, they'd still get to see each other in classes and stuff, and she was sure she'd make other friends as well. She'd never had any issues doing so before. She wished her da or siblings were here to see this- a few of the other kids seemed to have siblings at the house tables already- but she'd just have to write them tomorrow and tell them everything. Well, not everything, but like, most everything. When her surname was called she went up with a broad grin, looking very thrilled that it was finally her turn to be sorted.

OOC:
(personality under spoiler)
CHEERFUL
xxx»» Cady is an overwhelmingly positive person, almost to the point where you're not sure if she's doing it just to piss people off. Whatever the reason, she enjoys looking on the sunny side of life, and would much rather have fun and not worry too much about things than go through life expecting the worse or being suspicious of everyone she meets. Cady is rarely in a bad mood, and even when she is, it never lasts long, so when she is noticeably upset something is usually very wrong.

ADVENTUROUS
xxx»» Cady is generally up for anything, whether it be trying a new food or going to a new place, meeting new people... She's not a very shy or cautious person and enjoys discovering new places and new people, and doesn't mind being the odd one out in a room. She finds taking risks fun and is rarely afraid of looking stupid or embarrassing herself. She finds the regular ho-hum mundane sort of life boring and is always on the lookout for something new and exciting.

COMPASSIONATE
xxx»» Cady is at heart a very compassionate, caring person. She has a lot of empathy for others and is the type who starts tearing up at sad detergent commercials. She often feels obligated to help those around and is the sort of friend who's always willing to listen to other people's problems. She can't stand people who disregard the feelings of others and often expects other people to be just as big-hearted as herself.

DEFIANT
xxx»» Cady may be a very positive, happy person, but she's also not someone who's willing to let other people walk over her or tell her what to do. She can be quite challenging of authority figures and is very stubborn at times, especially when she feels pressured by others. When confronted she tends to give as good as she gets, and is fond of bickering with both her family and friends. To her credit, she usually doesn't hold a grudge, and doesn't expect others to either.

EARNEST
xxx»» Cady is a very open person who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's an okay fibber, and not so great when it comes to big lies, especially about how she feels. You could read her like a book from her facial expressions alone, and Cady is perfectly okay with that. She embraces the fact that she's honest to a fault and incapable of pulling off any major deceptions, and would much rather speak now and regret it later than never speak at all and regret it forever. This can be both very endearing and extremely irritating.

FICKLE
xxx»» Cadence can be a very fickle person in terms of her preferences and interests. She regularly goes through obsessions with certain colors, musicians, and hobbies. She'll pick up photography, for example, and pursue it almost fanatically, only to drop it four months later. In general, the only thing constant about Cadence is her friend groups and her affection for her family members. Otherwise she's always flitting from one thing to another, somewhat dizzyingly.

For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on
Strangers waiting up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, livin' just to find emotion
Hidin' somewhere in the night

Let's see now, what to do with you?
You've got quite the backbone there, child
A strong sense of self
You're certainly a force to be reckoned with
But I do believe they'll manage to keep up in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxx

Kory bounced up to the hat excitedly. She was far to ready to be part of the Hogwarts crowd. Her mother and father were both Gryffindors, Chalmes would probably have been a Gryffindor too. Her aunts were Ravenclaws and Slytherins... and Hufflepuffs. So she basically could end up anywhere based on family history. She let the hat be placed on her head, and waited as quietly as she could. She was bouncing on her butt and muttering under her breath about all the possible outcomes.

■ HAPPY Kory is inherently a happy child. She loves to play and thinks everything is the greatest thing to ever happen. The world is a beautiful sunshiney place and she doesn't think anything bad ever happens.
                                                      ■ SARCASTIC She probably got this from her mother. She thinks its hilarious to dryly make fun of things people say. She has a dry sarcastic sense of humour and she loves to use it on people who think she is a sweet little pumpkin, like Grandpa Mikey and Grandpa Gearvin.
                                                      ■ ADVENTUROUS She never backs down from a challenge. She thinks everything is a great idea and will never say no to anything. Some say its crazy, some say its brave, but she's a kid. Its normal to her.
                                                      ■ EMOTIONAL She's never had a great hold on her emotions. She cries easily and yells easily and sometimes throws temper tantrums... even at this age. She can sometimes be found in her room sulking for hours on end, and other times will be jumping all over like its the best day ever.
                                                      ■ STUBBORN She likes to get hre way and doesn't like to be told no. She will stand her ground no matter what and no matter the costs.
                                                      ■ CHARMING She knows how to put on a smile and act super cute just to get her way. She loves to be the cute little girl that everyone dotes on and it usually ends in her getting sweets or toys for free.

ᴏ ᴏ c.
- - -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxS-O-S she is in disguise
xxxxxxThere's a she wolf in disguise,
xxxxxxxxxThere's a she wolf in the closet
xxxxxxxxxxxxOpen up and set her free
xxxxxxxxx
Let it out so it can breath

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
                                                        There are things that we can have, but can't keep
                                                        The reminders pull the floor from your feet
                                                        In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
                                                        And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair
                                                        Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there

Tegan approached the hat when her name was called and sat gently on the stool. Her friend Nani had already been sorted into Hufflepuff. Her grandfather had also been a Hufflepuff but her brother had been a Gryffindor.
                                                        She couldn't recall what her parents had been when they'd gone to Hogwarts though. She smiled serenely at the crowd of students around her and waited for the hat to do anything. She knew no matter what her and Nani would still be friends.

■ NATURALIST Tegan believes in natural things like plants and stones for healing. She has always been interested int his sort of thing and has done a lot of reading and learning to know exactly what is good for what. She is the type of child to carry around peppermint oil for headaches and wear a crown of passionflowers when she's feeling nervous. Let alone all her gem and stone necklaces and bracelets to heal negative energy and emotions
                                                        ■ LOVING Tegan is very loving. She thinks everyone is deserving of love and affection and spreads this like wild fire. With positive energy she thinks everything and anything can be healed. Even people like the dark witch who killed her parents.... Tegan is very forgiving and rarely if ever holds grudges.
                                                        ■ BRAVE Tegan is brave. Beyond anything else she will face all her fears head on. She thinks the only way to replace fear with positive feelings is to stare down her fears and tell them heck no you aren't messing with me. She does not believe in letting the world get her down, and she learnt this lesson from her Tad-cu. He has had every tragedy in the book, but he still has a smile and a good sense of humour.
                                                        ■ ADVENTUROUS Adventurous is almost an understatement. Tegan will go anywhere and anyplace if she thinks it will be fun, or she'll find a new plant, stone, or sight to see. She loves to take pictures of everywhere she's been and she loves seeking out new and fun things to do to add to her memory album.
                                                        ■ FRIENDLY Tegan will become friends with almost anyone. She loves talking to people and getting to know people, and tends to befriend everyone that she comes in contact with. Whether it be a lonely shop keeper or the random child on the street, or even just a poor homeless man who needs company. She will talk to anyone, and she can almost always find something in common with them.
                                                        ■ CURIOUS Tegan is as curious as a cat. She loves to investigate new things and learn about anything. She also enjoys taking things apart to figure out how they work, and will almost always go into dark or potentially scary places in order to find out what its all about.

If they say
                                                        Who cares if one more light goes out?
                                                        In a sky of a million stars
                                                        It flickers, flickers
                                                        Who cares when someone's time runs out?
                                                        If a moment is all we are
                                                        We're quicker, quicker
                                                        Well I do

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:56 pm
The Sorting Hat

Yukina101
I'm standing on the edge
And everything I know-oh-oh
Is blown away
Life is upside down
But anyway it go-oh-ohs
I'll work it out

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт » Uɴѕorтed Fιrѕт Yeαr

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili rode in the boat with her new (hopeful) friends and followed the professor into the castle looking around at everything trying to take it all in at once. The closer they got to the actual sorting the more anxious she became. Would she go into Gryffindor like Drew and her godfather, or join her daddy and Dris in Ravenclaw? In all honesty she rather doubted she'd get Ravenclaw, those guys were like, super smart. She was just regular smart. However she didn't have time to keep thinking it out when her name was called. She didn't know whether to be thankful or curse the fact that her last name ended with an "A." Trying not to hold anyone up, she nervously but quickly walked over to the stool and sat upon it closing her eyes in reflex as the hat was placed on her head. "You don't tell people my thoughts right? Cuz I have a lot and only about half of them I wouldn't mind being broadcast but honestly I'd rather have none please Mr. or Ms. Hat." Laili whispered to the hat.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Here we go!
One, two, three...
I'm ready for tomorrow
Tomorrow starts today
There ain't no map to follow
But I'm with you all the way

■ TALKATIVE Laili almost never stops talking once she's made friendly contact with someone or something. Unless they physically remove themselves from her location screaming in terror she will follow and talk to them about any and everything.
      ■ FRIENDLY That said, she tries to be friends with any and everything she comes across; be it human or otherwise. This has ironically made some people or things find her annoying while others are usually amiable to her bubbly spirit.
      ■ ENERGETIC Laili doesn't like to stay still doing nothing for very long, she always has to be doing something whether it be working, Quidditch or even piano lessons. Even watching her favorite shows or movies means something is usually jiggling or wiggling on her person.
      ■ TIRESOME With all her energy and talk, people around her accurately describe her as an "energy vampire" meaning that just being around her is enough to tire them out. She doesn't exactly see the problem with it until someone has fallen asleep listening to her Rogue One shipping rant. Again.
      ■ NURTURING When not sucking the life out of people, metaphorically of course, she cares for people and animals immensely. She enjoys caring for them in different ways as well as being protective of them. Occasionally over protective.
      ■ PASSIONATE Laili enjoys life to the fullest meaning she enjoys all that life as to offer her. Knowledge, friends, family, owls, she clings to them all emphatically.

Not to worry, my dear, your thoughts are safe with me
And I know just where to put you, too

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 pm
The Sorting Hat

Yukina101
Light a roman candle with me.
Just a roman candle,
You can wear your sandals
And I'll pour you just one cup of tea.
Then you can go and rest
You haven't seen my best, so...

{𝓐𝓰𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷} {𝒰𝓃𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇}

✿✫❀✮Elvira had been in awe as she spotted the large tentacles of the Giant Squid and only just restricted herself from trying to lean over the boat to touch one knowing that if she shifted the boat too much they all might fall in. And the last thing anyone needed was Desi screeching at them (her mainly because it would technically be her fault) if she was soaking wet for sorting. Which she doubted since she assumed that one of the many adults around them would magically charm her dry but still, not something she wanted to be responsible for. So she kept her hands in the boat but stared longingly out at the lake during the rest of their ride and before she realized they were at the castle and in the antechamber getting ready for the sorting. Elvira was slightly nervous though still doubtful that her Papa and tio would really care which house she'd get. Soon enough her name was called and she made her one man march towards the stool and took a few calming breaths as the hat was lowered.

■ INTELLIGENT Elvira is a very bright young girl mainly due always being surrounded by some form of learning, either a library filled with books, or an aquarium filled with facts.
      ■ SELF-ASSURED She doesn't doubt her self easily and rarely ever to be honest. She's very much sure in what she knows and doesn't know and is very sure that if she's interested in knowing it then she would.
      ■ QUIZZICAL She's always curious about the world around her as well as highly skeptical of the different things surrounding her. As well as when those certain things happen to her.
      ■ RESOURCEFUL It's not to say that she can create invent something from nothing but she's rather good using stuff to suit her own wants and needs. People too but she doesn't like to do so often without their approval first.
      ■ MODEST Even though Elvira knows she is very smart rarely doubts herself and her abilities, she's still humble about it. She doesn't randomly sprout her knowledge where it isn't wanted but neither will she horde it from others.
      ■ STUBBORN Elvira doesn't exactly know the true meaning of "enough" when it comes to certain things. Mainly knowledge and trying to acquire more of it. Or staying up past her regularly scheduled bedtimes. Or having a tree fort.

Just spend an evening with me.
Just a lazy evening,
Then you could be leaving
Or we could stay and talk until three.
I will think it's magic and I'll hope you'll agree

A curious girl, aren't you?
With a quick mind and a love of learning
Well, only one thing to do with you!

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:01 pm
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK

xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Great Hall
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Other Students
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is all so strange

Kylian had spent the full day reading several, several books all about the school he was about to attend. This school did seem to have some perks, at the very least. As they walked into the Great Hall, he had to admit that the school was pretty neat. The sky was open before him, the stars twinkling where the ceiling should be. That... was some pretty awesome magic. He looked at all the other students crowded around. Oh right, this school had four houses and they were personality based, rather than two on gender. He sighed quietly as a magical hat spoke up, talking about the houses. He watched the other kids get called alphabetically, then the hat send them off to their house.

When his name was called, Kylian adjusted his robes and strode forward. While he was still miffed he wasn't at Beauxbatons, he was pretty curious about where he'd be placed. The brunette sat on the stool beside the deputy Headmistress, allowing the weird old hat to be placed upon his head. Perhaps it'd choose a good place for him to be. Preferably one where people wouldn't be too friendly toward him. He liked his solitude, after all. "Why doesn't this school have a better method for this? It takes forever!"

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxRᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ:
                                                                Kylian doesn't like being around others, and will almost never share personal information. He doesn't like others knowing much about him, and people being overly caring toward him is weird. He also hates being touched, particularly in "cutesy" ways. He's just not used to people, in all honesty.
                                                                xxxxxPᴏʟɪᴛᴇ:
                                                                Kylian is always at his utmost politeness. He doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's almost guaranteed that he won't say a harsh word to anyone. He tries to be on constant guard so as not to offend anyone. Offending people means more drama, and he really doesn't like drama.
                                                                xxxxxSᴛᴜᴅɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Kylian loves studying. His sister jokes that his nose is glued into books. He'll study on any topic, regardless of whether or not it pertains to him. He studied from his sister's old school books from a very early age. He learned to read before most other skills, and he's perfected the trait over his years.
                                                                xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Kylian values himself as creative, though he doesn't ever share his art with anyone. Unfortunately, his creativity doesn't go far into his thinking, but he doesn't mind. He instead uses his creativity as an outlet for being constantly prim and proper.
                                                                xxxxxLᴏɢɪᴄᴀʟ:
                                                                Kylian thinks with an incredibly logical process. He usually does oodles of research before doing anything, and refuses to do anything without considering the negative implications. His thoughts never stray, but always flows in perfect order.
                                                                xxxxxSʜʏ:
                                                                Though Kylian doesn't consider himself shy, he really is. He doesn't like being around other people, and absolutely dreads having to be in crowds. He avoids speaking whenever possible, and goes out of his way to avoid being where people might be.

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪs ᴅᴇᴀᴅ, I'ʟʟ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ. I'ᴍ sᴛᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ 4 ᴡᴀʟʟs ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          I'ʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ's ɢᴏᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ
          I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴋɪᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪs ᴀ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ. I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴋɪᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ꜰᴀɪʀ
          Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴀʀᴇs, ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs; Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴀʀᴇs, ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜰᴜɴ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ. 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴋɪᴅ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

My dear boy, all good things take time
And it does not do well to rush in and not think things through
Hm, a bit impatient, but clever and rational in spite of it?
And with a creative streak as well
Well, let's see if we can't learn to slow down a little in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 pm
The Sorting Hat

Red Hot Missy
                                                                Je retiens tous mes soupires
                                                                Pour effacer ton sourire
                                                                You're doing your best and
                                                                Your best look
                                                                You're praying that you make it

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Being sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope everyone stops staring at me soon...
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Sybille stepped up to the stool, ready to be sorted. She had been waiting for this moment since she learned who she was being married to, and she was determined to get into the older teen's house. If nothing else, it made sense. At least to her. Being in his house meant that she could observe him and learn as much about the man her parents were marrying her to as she could. Besides, if he was decent, she might actually talk to him about the engagement itself. Maybe he was just as nervous as she felt. Maybe not, but it was a possibility. Settling her skirt down, she felt the hat descend upon her head and gave a simple thought to the hat itself. 'Slytherin, please.'

✚Intelligent - I am quite intelligent. I always love to learn and find out new things, and can deal with complex ideas quite easily. I also tend to be very good with numbers, a fact that my parents despair at considering their views.
                                                                ✚Creative - I am very creative. I love to look at things in an abstract way and find outlets for my creativity. My favorite hobby by far is drawing, though I enjoy many outlets for my mind. If nothing else, it's something for me to do to expand my mind.
                                                                ✚Curious - I am naturally curious. I always wonder what is around the next corner and try to learn things I has never encountered before when I runs across them. My reasoning is sound in my mind. It's always something new to learn, and I want to find out as much as I can.
                                                                ✚Traditional - I am quite traditional. I believe that the old ways are best, and work to better myself as a proper young lady. While not prejudiced, I do tend to look askance at girls that act out in what I consider bizarre ways and can't quite comprehend why anyone would make themselves seem unseemly.
                                                                ✚Reserved - I am actually quite reserved. It takes me a bit to actually get to know someone, and tend to try to melt into the background. I don't like to stand out and try my best to remain inconspicuous, though this is not always easy for me.

OOC:

Depuis que tu dois partir
                                                                J'ai peur de mon avenir
                                                                Et loin de tes bras je ne vis qu'à
                                                                Travers mes souvenirs

Ah, my child, I'm sorry to disappoint
But you've no place in the house of snakes
You possess a keen mind, certainly
But I think you'll find you're much better suited for

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:08 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry

xxxxxx

Kory bounced up to the hat excitedly. She was far to ready to be part of the Hogwarts crowd. Her mother and father were both Gryffindors, Chalmes would probably have been a Gryffindor too. Her aunts were Ravenclaws and Slytherins... and Hufflepuffs. So she basically could end up anywhere based on family history. She let the hat be placed on her head, and waited as quietly as she could. She was bouncing on her butt and muttering under her breath about all the possible outcomes.

■ HAPPY Kory is inherently a happy child. She loves to play and thinks everything is the greatest thing to ever happen. The world is a beautiful sunshiney place and she doesn't think anything bad ever happens.
                                                      ■ SARCASTIC She probably got this from her mother. She thinks its hilarious to dryly make fun of things people say. She has a dry sarcastic sense of humour and she loves to use it on people who think she is a sweet little pumpkin, like Grandpa Mikey and Grandpa Gearvin.
                                                      ■ ADVENTUROUS She never backs down from a challenge. She thinks everything is a great idea and will never say no to anything. Some say its crazy, some say its brave, but she's a kid. Its normal to her.
                                                      ■ EMOTIONAL She's never had a great hold on her emotions. She cries easily and yells easily and sometimes throws temper tantrums... even at this age. She can sometimes be found in her room sulking for hours on end, and other times will be jumping all over like its the best day ever.
                                                      ■ STUBBORN She likes to get hre way and doesn't like to be told no. She will stand her ground no matter what and no matter the costs.
                                                      ■ CHARMING She knows how to put on a smile and act super cute just to get her way. She loves to be the cute little girl that everyone dotes on and it usually ends in her getting sweets or toys for free.

ᴏ ᴏ c.
- - -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxS-O-S she is in disguise
xxxxxxThere's a she wolf in disguise,
xxxxxxxxxThere's a she wolf in the closet
xxxxxxxxxxxxOpen up and set her free
xxxxxxxxx
Let it out so it can breath

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ah! Simple enough, my dear
You do take so after your parents
For you, it's definitely

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:10 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry

We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
                                                        There are things that we can have, but can't keep
                                                        The reminders pull the floor from your feet
                                                        In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
                                                        And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair
                                                        Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there

Tegan approached the hat when her name was called and sat gently on the stool. Her friend Nani had already been sorted into Hufflepuff. Her grandfather had also been a Hufflepuff but her brother had been a Gryffindor.
                                                        She couldn't recall what her parents had been when they'd gone to Hogwarts though. She smiled serenely at the crowd of students around her and waited for the hat to do anything. She knew no matter what her and Nani would still be friends.

■ NATURALIST Tegan believes in natural things like plants and stones for healing. She has always been interested int his sort of thing and has done a lot of reading and learning to know exactly what is good for what. She is the type of child to carry around peppermint oil for headaches and wear a crown of passionflowers when she's feeling nervous. Let alone all her gem and stone necklaces and bracelets to heal negative energy and emotions
                                                        ■ LOVING Tegan is very loving. She thinks everyone is deserving of love and affection and spreads this like wild fire. With positive energy she thinks everything and anything can be healed. Even people like the dark witch who killed her parents.... Tegan is very forgiving and rarely if ever holds grudges.
                                                        ■ BRAVE Tegan is brave. Beyond anything else she will face all her fears head on. She thinks the only way to replace fear with positive feelings is to stare down her fears and tell them heck no you aren't messing with me. She does not believe in letting the world get her down, and she learnt this lesson from her Tad-cu. He has had every tragedy in the book, but he still has a smile and a good sense of humour.
                                                        ■ ADVENTUROUS Adventurous is almost an understatement. Tegan will go anywhere and anyplace if she thinks it will be fun, or she'll find a new plant, stone, or sight to see. She loves to take pictures of everywhere she's been and she loves seeking out new and fun things to do to add to her memory album.
                                                        ■ FRIENDLY Tegan will become friends with almost anyone. She loves talking to people and getting to know people, and tends to befriend everyone that she comes in contact with. Whether it be a lonely shop keeper or the random child on the street, or even just a poor homeless man who needs company. She will talk to anyone, and she can almost always find something in common with them.
                                                        ■ CURIOUS Tegan is as curious as a cat. She loves to investigate new things and learn about anything. She also enjoys taking things apart to figure out how they work, and will almost always go into dark or potentially scary places in order to find out what its all about.

If they say
                                                        In a sky of a million stars
                                                        It flickers, flickers
                                                        Who cares when someone's time runs out?
                                                        If a moment is all we are
                                                        We're quicker, quicker
                                                        Well I do

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A kind and outgoing soul
You seem wise beyond your years, my dear
With a good head on your shoulders
Well now, I think you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:07 am

ARIANELL BLODWEN _________
Unsorted First Year _____._____
════════════════════════
________

Arianell buzzed with excitement, her fingers tingled as she squeezed the hem of her sleeves. One by one, students were called to the stool and she made certain to keep track of the names being called when each first year took their seat. Soon, the Welsh girl was called and she had to stop herself from skipping up to the deputy headmistress and maintained a cool composure instead. It wasn't easy, she had to keep chanting the words over and over, 'Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip...'

Quote:

✹ HARDWORKING Arianell was taught to be diligent, studious, and persevere. Failure only makes her more determined to try and try again until it's perfect. 
                  ✹ ASSERTIVE She doesn't like to be ignored, shushed, or rolled over. Arianell is keen on making herself seen and heard whenever she has an opinion. Her mother taught her to stand up for herself, but also to be compliant when it serves a purpose in the long run. (Like not getting in trouble.) 
                  ✹ DECEITFUL Arianell has grown up with the thought that lying is the best thing a girl can learn to do. To smile when she's angry, to laugh when she'd rather cry, and to be nice when she'd rather claw someone's eyes out. 
                  ✹ SECRETIVE Arianell is not one to give too much of herself away. She prefers not to broadcast her opinions and feelings unless deemed necessary. It takes her a while to warm up to people before letting down her guard. 
                  ✹ OBSESSIVE Even as a baby, she has always had an addictive personality. First it was her pacifier, then sugary sweets and syrup-y juices. When she starts a game or project, she throws all of herself into it until she's burned out and moves on to the next obsession. 
                  ✹ GOSSIP Arianell lives for gossip. Just because she doesn't like to talk about herself doesn't mean she doesn't like to talk about other people. (And not always behind their backs.) She wants to know everything going on about everyone around her. 

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Sorting Feast
WHERE:: Great Hall
WITH WHO:: first years

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[OOC: on mobile!]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Payton stood anxiously as she waited for her name to be called. Her fingers wiggled with the excitement she was feeling. It felt like forever but she finally heard her name. Payton walked up to the chair and sat in it. She didn't feel nervous at all, no matter the house, she thought of it as a new adventure. She looked around the great hall with a big smile on her face. She wondered what house she would be sorted into.

Quote:
People can describe me as someone who has no cares about the dangers of the world. I always can find a silver lining on even the darkest of days. I can be considered weak as I won't defend myself, but I am also outgoing and enjoy friendship. I can't stay in one place to long so I end up looking like I am distracted, but don't worry it is just myself thinking about things fun to do. I also can be quite energetic, especially when I get overly excited about stuff.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games