Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Lake

Alice and Jasper had to admit it was nice being the younger kids in the family but at the same time it wasn’t because they got to watch everyone leave and do things long before they could. Luckily Lexine didn’t say anything about her slip up. ‘Maybe I’ll tell her my secret later on when we become better friends.’ Alice told herself. “You’re doing exceptionally well now.” Jasper told her politely. “Yeah the only reason we can talk to adults is because we grew up having to deal with them all the time.” she explained as she remembered every time adults came to the orphanage to see them. Man they made things difficult for them saying they wanted to stay together.

“It’s a talking hat how many talking, thinking hats do you know.” Alice asked giggling at her own words. “Alice…” Jasper said under his breath. “Sorry…” she apologized. “I will admit dueling is sure more exciting than any old hat.” She added with a smile. “So did Alice.” Jasper told Lexine. Alice blushed then adverting her gaze from them to the floor of the boat. “I tried… but shopping is more my speed.” She said sheepishly. “Despite my reading habits let’s hope we all end up in the same house.” Jasper told the two girls. Alice nodded in agreement she didn’t want to be separated from her only friends.

With: Jasper, Lexine

With: Alice, Lexine

OOC: ---

((Outfits in pics))

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:54 pm
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Unsorted

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse had to resist the urge to flail, not really knowing what to do with himself. He ruffled his hair, watching everyone getting in and finding himself
unsure of where to go. Eventually he saw that Coffee, Rosabella and Asterisk had what looked like a spot open. He smiled softly and approached them, looking down at them and chewing on his lip.
"Do you have a spot open? There are some other spots open down there but I think I'd get trampled if I tried to uh, maneuver," he said, gesturing to the crowd around him.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 pm
User Image
                                                      Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                      Closer to the edge
                                                      Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                      Always wondering why you’re here

User Image

════════════════════════
                                                      ℌ𝔢𝔦𝔯 || 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 || ℌ𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔢
                                                      ════════════════════════

Ashley looked up from his musings to see that there were two girls entering the boat with them. He frowned. He was supposed to be friendly, wasn't he? He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. No, he refused to try and talk to these people. He kept his mouth shut, only hissing under his breath. "Thassshe mealee hahass sshicahna thessee theiochosso..." Rather than really talk to the people there, he instead looked back over the waters, fixing his gaze elsewhere. Where was a good distraction when he needed it? For that matter, where was an escape route?

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, I bet people are going to talk to me now...
                                                      Parseltongue Translation: This boat is getting too full...
                                                      OOC: ...

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                      Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                      Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                      Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image

LIVE AS I F YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Where
                                                          The boats
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════
                                                          With
                                                          other first years
                                                          Feeling
                                                          excited, bit nervous and worried
                                                          Thinking
                                                          Where did they go? Ah oh well we're all going to the same place.
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
                                                          LEARN AS I F YOU WERE TO LIVE FOREVER

He stepped up to the boats that were filling with others fast. He was friendly yes but was never one to be outgoing with other people unless the situation was right. In this case it was not. He really didn't know what he could say to all these other kids. He didn't know if some were born knowing what they were. What topic would they even be able to discuss really. With a sigh he found his way into a boat that was empty and sat himself down there instead. Maybe one of his brothers would see him and join him. He didn't mind this solitary situation much. It gave him a great chance to look around at everything with no disturbance.

CHANGE IS ONLY A NEW CHALLENGE
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Out of Character
                                                          Wasn't sure who had room so plopped him in a boat by himself XD
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image
User Image

The blonde shrugged and got into the boat, moving nimbly into the vessel as she took a seat. Looking out at the dark water, she waited in mutual silence with her companions for the boats to push off, holding the small backpack she had brought closer to her as she sat. The boy-- rather antisocial one; she thought he needed to become more open, or at least sociable-- muttered something under his breath. It sounded odd, but she could hear it, and understand what he had said.

"No, I won't talk to you, if you'd prefer," she grinned, looking over at her fellow first-year and flashing a cheerful smile before going back to staring at the castle. It was only right to respect people's wishes, after all.

User Image

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s t a t i o n

a l o n e
h e l l o , w o r l d !
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e

Quote:

Voracious Voxy

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:00 pm
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Scanning the dock once more, she didn't see any stragglers and it was time to go. "We are going to set off now, stay in the boats, limbs and all. We will be heading to the boat house so just relax and enjoy the view." She explained, stepping into her own boat and pulling out her wand, she did a quick spell and the boats pushed forward on their own.

They started around the tree covered bend and out came the castle, it was the most beautiful at night and took her breath away every year still. She hoped this memory would stay with these children as it had with her all these years. She watched the castle grow as the headed to the boat house.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((Out.Of.Cuddles~ Please post going across the lake and then most to post here. Permission given by VixenViVi to post her character.))  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 pm
User Image

Ally continued to sit quietly while they waited for everyone get situated. While ‘people watching’ was one of her favorite habits, she had trouble concentrating on her classmates. The castle loomed to large. As did the prospect of what lay next. Leo had reassured her that there was no such thing as a ‘bad’ house to be Sorted into. However, he was a Ravenclaw. Both of her parents had been Gryffindor during their time at Hogwarts, so had the majority of both of their families. In fact, she didn’t know a blood relative that hadn’t been in Gryffindor. Leo said that his father had been a Hufflepuff and his mother a Gryffindor, and he was a Ravenclaw. He spoke fondly of all of the houses, except one. Slytherin.

It had been enough to make her head to the books to do a little research. The house of Salazar Slytherin certainly had its share of dark wizards, but there were plenty of wizards that went on to lead quite ordinary lives or even become heroes. It was a house that prized cunning and self preservation. Not such bad qualities. From what she had read, a Gryffindor, which seemed idolized to a degree as saviors and martyrs, could be a Dark Lord as likely as any other.

Pulled from her thoughts by a cheery voice, she looked up to see a blonde, bright cheeked girl asking if she could join them. Ally was just about to nod when she heard the boy behind her hiss out a muttered statement that sounded anything but friendly. Suddenly she wondered just who it was that was at her back. Turning, she gave him a level stare. Had he really intended to have the boat all to himself, even with all of these First years needing to get across the Lake?

Turning to the girl, who had a pleasant, winning smile, she attempted to mimic her cheer as she greeted her, if for no other reason than to annoy the boy that they were riding with. ”Of course there is room here. You are more than welcome to join us.” Her mother had always told her to be more gracious than she needed to be and it would never lead her astray. She wasn’t sure if that was true, but it felt nice to spend a night living by her mother’s little anecdotes. And while she would have liked to strike up a conversation with the girl for the sake of troubling their other companion, the First Years were all in boats and the Gameskeeper turned their attention forward as she waved her wand and the boats guided themselves away from the dock and across the Lake.

The view of the castle growing ever larger as they slid over the inky black glass toward it, left the majority of the new students speechless and not a little intimidated. Ally’s heart was hammering in her chest. But not with fear. With anticipation.
((OOC:Next post to be at the Boathouse))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:31 pm
User Image
                                                      Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                      Closer to the edge
                                                      Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                      Always wondering why you’re here

User Image

════════════════════════
                                                      ℌ𝔢𝔦𝔯 || 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 || ℌ𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔢
                                                      ════════════════════════

Ashley's eyebrows shot up to his hairline as he heard the girl, the blonde one, reply to his statement. Well, this was an interesting turn of events. He leaned forward, just as the boat started forward, giving the other girl a look before he cocked an eyebrow at the blonde. "You're a parselmouth? What's your name?" He ignored the brunette. He didn't know her blood status, but at least this girl, she had to have some magical blood in her. Otherwise, she wouldn't have understood him at all.

He extended a hand, a smile briefly touching his lips as he decided to introduce himself.
                                                      "Ashley Yaxley. I... apologize if I seemed rude to you earlier. I didn't mean to come off that way." His gaze then travelled back to the other girl, a bit of a sneer crossing his features before returning to cool indifference. She wasn't worth the time or effort to him, and that was all that mattered.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, I bet people are going to talk to me now...
                                                      Parseltongue Translation: ...
                                                      OOC: OMG I AM SO SORRY, HE'S A BUTT, AND I APOLOGIZE FULLY FOR HIS BEHAVIOUR crying

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                      Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                      Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                      Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

Greycast

Voracious Voxy

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:36 pm
User Image
Dorien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Curious at the Black Lakespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Tysonspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Super Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my God, this is so amazingly awesome I can't wait to get to the school!' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me;
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
☼ ☼ ☼
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDorian smiled when Tyson found him, giving his brother an enthusiastic wave. "Hey, Ty! These're... uh... well, I don't quite remember all their names yet!" the first year said, giving the group an apologetic smile. "Uh, I'm gonna go with him, if you guys' boat is too crowded, someone's welcome to come with us!" he informed them as he walked away after his older brother. He snickered at Tyson's discomfort over the boats being dirty and, with a rather obvious lack of grace, plopped himself down next to the other boy in the boat, causing it to rock a bit, and splashing some water. He'd apparently gotten to them just in time, because their little group was no sooner in the boat than they started to move to the other side of the shore. His eyes were peeled, looking for their missing brother (and for the Giant Squid!). He finally spotted a familiar head of blue hair and pointed. "There's Jules, Ty. Guess he couldn't find us." Dorian leaned on his fist, elbow resting precariously on his knee. He wondered if Julius had even really looked... he did tend to be more of a loner than either of them most of the time.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼ And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me;
                                                          Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼

(( OOC: ))

kiska166

Sir Spazalots

ElegantVictorainRose

Kai Sparrowheart

500 Days of Summer

Greycast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Unsorted
Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

xxxxThat's just because you're both the same age as me," Lexine admitted. She knew she was much better at talking to children around her age than anyone any older than she. "The only adults I really talk to is me parents... I mean, I live in a very secluded area, I suppose. No one else really lives near us, so I've never had much experience talking to anyone older than my siblings, and me parents don't really count, they love me no matter what." Lexine shrugged. She was being honest, she'd never really talked much to any other adults other than her parents, and it isn't exactly difficult to talk to parents.

xxxxLexine shrugged, "It's still a hat, nonetheless." she pointed out. "Duelling, even though silly, would be amazing...of course we might've died if it was the actual sorting."

xxxxShe smiled brightly at the two, "I love reading, but the textbooks are nothing but boring! I couldn't read it for the life of me..." Then Lexine seemed to want to just jump up and down. So she wasn't the only one that wanted them to all end up in the same house! "I thought I was the only one," she whispered, trying her best to hide the excitement. Him saying that meant that he did like her, and that meant that she had found friends in the first two people she'd met here, and that was just amazing. Definitely not something that she had expected. "Of course, even if we don't, we can still be friends, right? We may have classes together..." She suggested. Even if they all ended up in different houses, Lexine didn't want to lose two new friends.

xxxxAs they talked, she looked about. Hogwarts Castle stood tall and bright above the inky lake, like a beacon in the night. The different towers stood like spikes. She started getting extremely excited, but at the same time terrified...

outfit | | ooc :: move to boathouse | | voice clip

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

murruelecreuset

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm
User Image
User Image

At the sound of the girl voice, the blonde smiled, glad that she was talking. The quiet was nice and yes, silence was a good thing once in a while but they were going to be seeing each other around for the better part of the next seven years, so it would probably be a good idea to make a few friends, even if just for the sake of not being too bored in school. "Thank you for that," she replied, the corner of her lips quirking up into a cheery little grin.

When the boat began moving, her attention was then drawn to the only other boy in their boat, the one she'd responded to earlier. The eleven-year-old was slightly surprised to hear the words 'parselmouth' come out from him-- she wasn't expecting anyone to know about that. Oh, dear god. Did she start hissing in public again? She didn't know-- usually, it was her a** of an older brother who told her when she was randomly speaking snake but they weren't here now. The only thing she said was that thing she said when he muttered about people talking to him and she was sure she had spoken it in human. So.. he had spoken in parseltongue? Was he one too? Nodding at the parselmouth question, Anita listened as he introduced himself, the blonde nodded, glad he was making some sort of an effort of introduction-- though it would be nice if all of them could get along.

Did she interrupt on some fight between the two?

Oh, God, she was going to have to Switzerland. Was she going to have to Switzerland?

Taking Ashley's hand, she shook it with a smile, shooting one at the other girl as well. She didn't catch her name, though. "Anastasia Romellier, and it's not a problem," the blonde said, addressing both of her other companions on the boat. "Pleasure to meet you both."

User Image

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s t a t i o n

a l o n e
h e l l o , w o r l d !
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e

Quote:

Voracious Voxy

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 pm
☽☾ Nyx Aodhnait ☽☾ Age: 11 ☽☾ House: Unsorted

Mood:
Thoughts: Oh. My. That.... it's beautiful
Equipment: Wand
Where am I: Lake

User Image

User Image

Nyx listened to the Grounds Keeper, had she said what her name was, she couldn't remember, and kept all appendages in her boat as it started moving. The small girl bit back a gasp as she clung to her seat with a white knuckled grip. She did not want to be on this boat right now, or ever, how reliable were these things? When had their last safety check been? And where were the life jackets, those were important right? But as nervous as she was, all those thoughts melted away at the sight of the monstrously massive castle that came into view. It was absolutely breath-taking, and her hands itched to get her sketch book and a pencil out to draw it, but both those tools were in her trunk, wherever that had been taken off too since she'd been told to leave it, that it would be in her room after she was sorted. Nyx stared at the lit up castle and just gaped, she'd never seen anything more beautiful, and especially since it was back-lit by the moon as well, it made her artist's soul want to weep it was so amazing. This was something she'd never forget, and just hoped she could give justice too when she attempted to put the image to paper later.

User Image

There is a real magic in enthusiasm.
It spells the difference between
mediocrity and accomplishment.

OOC:

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:14 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Lake

Lexine had a point that neither Alice nor Jasper was going to argue. They were the same age and it didn’t matter what you said to your parents adopted or not they still loved you. It seemed strange to Jasper that that happened to be the case. Probably because he still wasn’t used to Lillian and Colville being his mother and father and something told him he never would.

“True I suppose.” Alice agreed. “Luckily I don’t think they would in danger their students.” Jasper commented. He knew they wouldn’t do such a thing. How would parents in trust the school with their kids if they went around killing them? “I find that depending on what it is it can grab your attention no matter how dry the material.” Jasper had a point of course it also depended on if you even liked reading which Alice did not.

Jasper could tell that Lexine was happy that they wanted them to be in the same house. “Of course we can still be friends just because we aren’t in the same houses doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.” Alice chimed in happily. She was certain that they’d be the best of friends no matter what. Just then the boat started moving and they headed across the water to the castle. It certainly was a nice view and the castle was huge. Hopefully they didn’t get lost.

(Exit to Boathouse)

With: Jasper, Lexine

With: Alice, Lexine

OOC: ---

((Outfits in pics))

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: TBA{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo listened to Warren as he seemed to be fidgeting with his pet, who very well was not happy to be crossing the Lake. Iñigo took the boy's command and picked a boat that seemed to have a few people on it already.

"Come on, let's get on this boat with...eh...people. Nevermind, they seemed to have left on a boat, but there is still one...left," he said to Warren, almost forgetting the word people and left. Ever since his trip to Spain during the Summer, he had some trouble speaking proper English, and it had been very noticeable. He slurred words, still rolled his r's and always mispronounced, which most likely could be annoying at times because to other people he looked just like another Brit with a hint of Spanish. But his mother was one of the Spaniards that were very light skinned so he was too. Of course, he was born and raised in Scotland, but by a Spanish speaking mother and a father who spoke some Spanish, despite not being any at all.

"Sorry, please excuse my...eh...lack of English. I just came back from a trip to España." He hoped to make a little more friends before school started, but it seemed his chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

PropertyofGaara

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am
User Image
User Image

Rosabella, already sitting in the boat, flashed a shy smile at Dorian's brother, Tyson, when he introduced himself. "I'm Rosabella. It's nice to meet you," she said, rather quietly. Her throat felt numb and her voice sounded croaky. The first year should have definitely brought a jacket of some sort to keep her warm, but she didn't think she would be outside for very long. However, starting off the first day of a new school with a cold wasn't any better than having to carry a sweater around because she was too hot. Rosabella slid her butt to the side to give Coffee -- is that what her name was? Coffee? -- some room to climb into the boat. Brown eyes shifted onto the boy she had approached earlier. Barmy! What's his name? The girl couldn't remember, but she did nod to let him know he could take their no longer empty spot. The girl eyed the crowd of first years around them while chuckling at the skater haired boy's joke. Once the students had finished climbing into their chosen boats, the professor announced that it was time to go. All together, the boats escaped the docks and took off towards the castle; however, Rosabella couldn't help but stare at the black water beneath them. If there really was a man-eating squid, she didn't want to be surprised if it were to pop up and try to use any of the students as a chew toy.

Kai Sparrowhear
500 Days of Summer
Greycast
Mizuki226
Sir Spazalots

((OOC: next post at The Boathouse))

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games