Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
The Rainbow Paw Club (General chat) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm
"I eat raw Tuna all the time, and salmon, and crab, eel, etc., sushi is delicious in all its abundance of flavors and styles. But yeah, I tried a small piece of soy-bacon once because I was asked to, and whatever "Mickey D's" is using actually tasted far, far worse.. It's been this freaking long and I can still partially taste it, I'm almost tempted to breathe on a lit lighter and see what happens.."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm
Raw tuna is the best, ebber!
I like it in sushi, but obviously it gets pricey.
Back home, in GA, there's a Farmer's Market that sells sushi-grade tuna.
$12 a pound.
Awesome.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

III Zee_Gay_Necro III

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 pm
Interesting. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm
Always be careful with raw seafood. You don't just risk normal things like illness with it, instead you risk really disgusting parasites and brain damage.

For the brain damage stuff, here's an article explaining what I'm talking about.
http://www.latimes.com/oceans
You want Part 2 and Part 3.

It just boils down to toxic algae toxins that can really mess you up. Since fish eat these sorts of things and breathe the water the algae is in, those toxins can be present in the food.

Now not all the toxins will cause brain damage, as the articles mostly focus on the kind that cause severe irritation. However, given the massive global trade we have with ships going everywhere, carrying all sorts of marine life with it, it's only a matter of time before the really deadly varieties are spread elsewhere. (We already have issues with foreign oysters in the Great Lakes and an out of control fish-tank seaweed choking the life out of some areas as it spreads.

The FDA (Or would it be Fish and Game?) is not going to be very effective with handling this, especially when it first starts showing up to be a problem. So to help avoid this, I'd recommend buying (if possible) inland fish varieties and the kinds you get in fish farms on land. You could also avoid fish when there are blooms going on.

Just some advice on something that will probably become a major issue in the near future, but is currently not on the radar for most people. I personally just stopped eating raw seafood, and I'm very leery about eating much seafood in general these days.

Oh, yeah, and plastics! I don't find plastic fish very appetizing. Same series of articles go into that.

Edit: Forgot the parasite thing. As long as the raw seafood is properly frozen you don't have to worry. However, if not, then you risk a really gross parasite that is best left to the imagination... Particularly since there are no ways to medicate it away.  

Garek Maxwell

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 pm
Garek Maxwell
Always be careful with raw seafood. You don't just risk normal things like illness with it, instead you risk really disgusting parasites and brain damage.

For the brain damage stuff, here's an article explaining what I'm talking about.

It just boils down to toxic algae toxins that can really mess you up. Since fish eat these sorts of things and breathe the water the algae is in, those toxins can be present in the food.

Now not all the toxins will cause brain damage, as the articles mostly focus on the kind that cause severe irritation. However, given the massive global trade we have with ships going everywhere, carrying all sorts of marine life with it, it's only a matter of time before the really deadly varieties are spread elsewhere. (We already have issues with foreign oysters in the Great Lakes and an out of control fish-tank seaweed choking the life out of some areas as it spreads.

The FDA (Or would it be Fish and Game?) is not going to be very effective with handling this, especially when it first starts showing up to be a problem. So to help avoid this, I'd recommend buying (if possible) inland fish varieties and the kinds you get in fish farms on land. You could also avoid fish when there are blooms going on.

Just some advice on something that will probably become a major issue in the near future, but is currently not on the radar for most people. I personally just stopped eating raw seafood, and I'm very leery about eating much seafood in general these days.

Oh, yeah, and plastics! I don't find plastic fish very appetizing. Same series of articles go into that.

Edit: Forgot the parasite thing. As long as the raw seafood is properly frozen you don't have to worry. However, if not, then you risk a really gross parasite that is best left to the imagination... Particularly since there are no ways to medicate it away.

That's why there's the specification of "sushi-grade".
I assume it means it's safe for sushi and so, safe for raw consumption.
:/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 pm
Mort walks in with her big book of medical know how "vamperisum can be related to two things ...diabetes, and human vaperisum witch is a hemophilia closely associated in conjunction with anemia..... in this case we ask our self's the tests ... for diabetes do you have a high sugar content in your bodily fluids ...constantly thirsty and using the restroom. Do you pass out after high protein low carb meals? and then for clinical vamperisum ... p***k your finger squeeze out a drop of blood into a cup of water if it sinks like a rock or floats on the surface you may be a candidate but if it clouds and dissipates no dice..." mort smiled as she poured herself something to drink.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm
DarkWolfLove
Garek Maxwell

"Sushi graded meat gets a carbon dioxide flush so nothing is living when it's packaged."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Arty walks up behind Mort, hugging around her waist and giving a light n** and tug to the very tip of her ear.  

Artemis Vulpes

III Zee_Gay_Necro III

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm
Mort settles in with a smile  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm
Mort whistes to herself as she does the dishes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm
Mortella
DarkWolfLove

"Sushi graded meat gets a carbon dioxide flush so nothing is living when it's packaged."

That'll protect against the parasites, but not toxins. It's like canning and botulism. Even if the bacteria is killed, the toxins remain.

Best to just avoid sushi during algae blooming seasons for the coasts you're near. They're probably only for like a month or two anyway.

Edit: Don't mean to sound like a spoil sport or anything, I just wanted to warn others of the dangers that are up and coming and aren't talked about.  

Garek Maxwell

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm
"I live on the lake so it's a little easier."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 am
depends on how its processed but i love fish and seafood my mate hates shellfish  

Keiko_Ryuu

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lydeth

5,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 am

I love raw fish!! O_O I could be a fish-a-vore, or whatever you call them.
Then again.. I'd have a hard time giving up cheese. sweatdrop

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games