Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm
[Eskimo]

I was wondering, is there any more info on Spirits and Elementals, and what exactly makes them different from any Average Joe Ghost?

I did see that there's a little bit on them in the ghost info thread, but I was wondering if there's any more info on the differences. Thanks!

Spirits/Elementals best resemble/have more in common with Ghosts than any other specie which is why we categorized them as such. : D They're being that are primarily made up of magic/Fear/ectoplasm/element/etcetc vs demon (USES magic), monster (beastial creatures), undead (body parts/constructs), reapers (humanesque beings that USE magic).

Otherwise they receive the same bonuses as Ghosts do, except imo their differences lie mainly in the types of magic they use/their appearance. ie a Water Elemental would be more prone to leaving puddles everywhere and their transparency could come from how cloudy/murky they feel instead of how tangible they are.

Is there a particular Spirit/Elemental you wanted to learn more about/get some clarification on?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm
Marushii

OHH, that clears a lot up. So they're classified as ghosts, but your everyday ghost is the soul of someone who has died,
whereas a Spirit/Elemental is made up of magic/fear/etc. Do I have that right?

As far as any particular kind of Spirit/Elemental, I'm not sure how many kinds there are! XD It would be interesting to know more
about all of the different existing kinds, but I'm not sure if there's a guide of some sort around somewhere?

Thank you so much, by the way, I really appreciate it.

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm
Horseman Quest Question:

Could a famine horseman have insect wings?
Do war horsemen have to have bird wings?

Just was wondering. Bugs seem to fit the famine theme.. if they were not working wings would it be plausible that they have giant insect wings as part of their clothing (taken from one of their many giant bug monster minions or whatever)?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 pm
Previous question !
Forgive me if this question has already been asked somewhere! Would students have access to human stories, like the knights of the round table?

OKAY so this isn't urgent, but I think it may've been skipped over in the TWEWY excitement! I was still wondering about this ; u; Sorry, again, if I'm just missing the obvious answer somewhere xD  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 pm
[Eskimo]
Marushii

OHH, that clears a lot up. So they're classified as ghosts, but your everyday ghost is the soul of someone who has died,
whereas a Spirit/Elemental is made up of magic/fear/etc. Do I have that right?

As far as any particular kind of Spirit/Elemental, I'm not sure how many kinds there are! XD It would be interesting to know more
about all of the different existing kinds, but I'm not sure if there's a guide of some sort around somewhere?

Thank you so much, by the way, I really appreciate it.

To be technical -everything- is made up out of Fear. The term "ghost" is used as a blanket term to refer to anyone in Halloween that has ghost-like properties, ie they glow/can turn transparent/are made up of SOMETHING that isn't organic/previously organic but rather something that could be described as an "element" or "magic."

As far as "all"... ahaha no because the only limit is your imagination! Just google up "spirits" or "ghost stories" or similar terms to get ideas to build off of, as there are WAAAAAAY too many stories for us to categorize/document haha!

Our Species Guide just contains the basic information to get started, really. It's the players that come up with the meat/content of the particular specie they're RPing and not every member of the specie needs to be 100% the same either.

Take Remi and Tomoko for instance: both of them are kitsune, however Remi is a blue kitsune and Tomoko is a gold/yellow kitsune. Remi focuses more on using kitsune fire whereas Tomoko draws her power from her ball of stars. Both are kitsunes (which fall in the "demon" category for being primarily magical casters but inhuman), but both are based off of two different aspects of Kitsune lore.

Face your demons
Previous question !
Forgive me if this question has already been asked somewhere! Would students have access to human stories, like the knights of the round table?

OKAY so this isn't urgent, but I think it may've been skipped over in the TWEWY excitement! I was still wondering about this ; u; Sorry, again, if I'm just missing the obvious answer somewhere xD

Human stories would be tweaked VASTLY to fit a Halloween setting. Specifically for the "Knights of the Round," it may be a story about a group of reapers who dedicated themselves to upholding Halloween law. Or it may be a story about how there were reapers who made the mistake of swearing a life's oath that upon their final death they didn't die -- they respawned as Undead that were bound body and soul to the duty of upholding some really ancient laws that nobody really cares about anymore and some say they haunt this one giant castle out to the north west that people go into but nobody comes out of again.

Or maybe it's a coalition of every type of Halloween lead by a self-proclaimed "King" that's a dragon who makes them collect artifacts.

Or maybe it's a highly romanticized story that your student is way too young to read get out of that section in the library go on scoot.

Needless to say, it's a surefire bet that any human story will be VASTLY DIFFERENT by the time it reaches Halloween. Characters change, settings change -- the overall "theme" and "moral" may be very similar, but things will never transfer over 100%. In the end, the "knights of the round" in Halloween are not human knights set in Camelot ruled by King Arthur. Halloween would have never heard of those places or have a story that comes even close to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 pm
iloveyouDIE
Horseman Quest Question:

Could a famine horseman have insect wings?
Do war horsemen have to have bird wings?

Just was wondering. Bugs seem to fit the famine theme.. if they were not working wings would it be plausible that they have giant insect wings as part of their clothing (taken from one of their many giant bug monster minions or whatever)?

The War tribe made their home in the trees on their Isle; flying was really the only way to get up to them, hence why they all have wings. Their original concept was based off of birds of prey, and at this time bat wings aren't considered for them and it's unlikely there'll be any with this type of wing.

I don't see Famine with bug wings working all that well (HI KIWI), but I could see giant bug wing inspired clothing as a possibility. Zoo will need to give the final say on this tho as she's the horseman expert, and as we're currently working on the meta it might be awhile before we get a chance to get back to you. We thank you for your understanding and your patience. <3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am
Marushii
To be technical -everything- is made up out of Fear. The term "ghost" is used as a blanket term to refer to anyone in Halloween that has ghost-like properties, ie they glow/can turn transparent/are made up of SOMETHING that isn't organic/previously organic but rather something that could be described as an "element" or "magic."

Ohh, okay, I see. I'm still not 100% clear, though--I know that a Spirit is a Ghost, but then why is a Spirit called a Spirit and not called a Ghost? I guess that's what I'm stuck on. XD
I'm sorry to be such a bother. Thanks so much for your help, it's seriously clearing things up for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:05 pm
[Eskimo]
Marushii

Ohh, okay, I see. I'm still not 100% clear, though--I know that a Spirit is a Ghost, but then why is a Spirit called a Spirit and not called a Ghost? I guess that's what I'm stuck on. XD
I'm sorry to be such a bother. Thanks so much for your help, it's seriously clearing things up for me.

I think I might have confused you a bit. xD

The word "ghost" is used as an umbrella term by this shop to describe any supernatural being that is mostly made out of Fear/magic/etc. While it would be more accurate by OUR terms to call a ghost a "spirit" instead of calling a spirit a "ghost," by HALLOWEEN'S terms "ghosts" are more common than spirits and thus won the majority by what their race goes by.

There are many types of ghosts. Think of spirits as a SUBSPECIES of ghost, and the actual spirit an even... subber-specie? ITS LIKE FELINES: you can get away with calling a house cat a feline and a lion a feline, but a lion could also be considered a kind of cat when it technically isn't. Though I think that example is probably even more confusing so let's forget that.

ESSENTIALLY "spirit" and "ghosts" are interchangeable words. You can call a "spirit" a "spirit" if you'd like but Halloween officially recognizes all spirits as a kind of ghost.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 am
Marushii

Okay, I think I get you about the Mother Species --> Subspecies --> Sub-subspecies thing. So, take for example a Tea Kettle Spirit.
She's a Ghost, but the type of Ghost she is is a Tea Kettle Ghost, more specifically a Tea Kettle Spirit.
And calling something a Spirit does not make it any different from a Ghost?

So, I die. A Reaper brings me to Halloween. I am a Ghost, but I can call myself a Spirit just the same.

Am I getting it, sensei? XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 pm
[Eskimo]
Marushii

Okay, I think I get you about the Mother Species --> Subspecies --> Sub-subspecies thing. So, take for example a Tea Kettle Spirit.
She's a Ghost, but the type of Ghost she is is a Tea Kettle Ghost, more specifically a Tea Kettle Spirit.
And calling something a Spirit does not make it any different from a Ghost?

So, I die. A Reaper brings me to Halloween. I am a Ghost, but I can call myself a Spirit just the same.

Am I getting it, sensei? XD

YEP you got it now, though not all ghosts/spirits need to die to come to Halloween! Have you read the scareling primer yet?  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm
kurotomato
Ren has a Class B Artifact that allows him to copy a FEAR move from an ally:

Quote:
Usable once per battle. You may copy one of your ally's (only allies, not opponents) Fear/Charge attacks to use as an additional Fear attack. This becomes an EXTRA Fear ability for you to use in battle only, but can only be used once that battle.

Does this mean that he gets an extra turn if there is a limit, or is it that he just has 4 fears he could possibly use? i.e. there's a boss fight, limit is three moves per round (attack, defend, or heal). I assumed he would just have the fears to choose from, but would he get a fourth move to attack, or is it stuck to the limit of just 3?

...I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE I D E K

This was missed a few pages back, not like ridiculously important or anything, but yeah! <3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm
Hunter quests are typically/technically podded up until the point they are enrolled. And such... are hunter quests allowed for the meta?

marushii

Zoobey

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 pm
Marushii
YEP you got it now, though not all ghosts/spirits need to die to come to Halloween! Have you read the scareling primer yet?

OH, yes, I knew that! I was just using that as an example because someone had me confused about
Spirits being born in Halloween and Ghosts being dead people. XD But I completely get it now.

Thank you so, so much for taking all this time to help me. I really appreciate it, seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 pm
Blade Kuroda
Hunter quests are typically/technically podded up until the point they are enrolled. And such... are hunter quests allowed for the meta?

marushii

Zoobey

Hunter quests may not be RP'd due to several factors, the biggest being that when they're podded they're held in a somewhere-between-life-and-death stasis. As such they literally have no way to access/go to a meta unless it's specifically mentioned. For some events (such as WonderPark) they were allowed however their backstory/reason why they joined would be obviously tweaked to involve the event~  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm
kurotomato
kurotomato
Ren has a Class B Artifact that allows him to copy a FEAR move from an ally:

Quote:
Usable once per battle. You may copy one of your ally's (only allies, not opponents) Fear/Charge attacks to use as an additional Fear attack. This becomes an EXTRA Fear ability for you to use in battle only, but can only be used once that battle.

Does this mean that he gets an extra turn if there is a limit, or is it that he just has 4 fears he could possibly use? i.e. there's a boss fight, limit is three moves per round (attack, defend, or heal). I assumed he would just have the fears to choose from, but would he get a fourth move to attack, or is it stuck to the limit of just 3?

...I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE I D E K

This was missed a few pages back, not like ridiculously important or anything, but yeah! <3

I would consider it an extra Fear attack, however he has to take it from someone present within the same RP thread.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games