Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 pm
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

As Kat approached the docks holding all the boats she turned to address the students cheerful as usual."Alright everyone listen up! There can be 4 to a boat and those in front need to hold the lantern. Please be very careful when getting in, we wouldn't want to show up to the feast dripping from head to toe now would we. Once we are all seated I will start us across so just get in and get comfy for now." She explained loudly so all of the students could hear, moving over to stand by her own boat she added,"If you are feeling uneasy about the journey across you are welcome to join me in my boat here, I promise I wont let the giant squid make you his after supper snack." She joked and watched everyone enter the boats, to ensure no one hurt themselves.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((O.O.C.~ post getting in and wait till I post to start the journey across.))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:33 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli followed the teacher, not quite sure on how to go about this now. However, the talk about the squid made him blink. It was a giant, and it made students its supper? He paused, not knowing how to respond to that. Biting his lip, he decided to take one of the boats and sit down, picking up the lantern and waiting for someone to join him. Maybe. Or maybe they would be off-put by his appearance and not board the boat. Ugh, this part sucked. He just hoped that this wasn't a repeat of everything before he was eight. If it was, well....

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, I'm here. I kind of miss Gypsy and those older students now...
                                                    OOC: Open for roleplay, if anyone wants to talk to him >_<

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

Graydon Ironshield
                                                    Quoting again to help you figure out where to post next o3o

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 am
User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

House: First Year Half-Blood Mood: Shy, what's that even an emotion? With: A firstie stranger Attire: [x]

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean followed the teacher, and at the same time scribbled some stupid looking landscapes on his personal notebook just to make himself busy. When the woman mentioned about the giant squid... who eats students? Jean made a fake laugh with a hint of getting worried or nervous about the squid, he really hope that she's just joking because it if were real he'll regret going here.

He walked slowly and found a boat with one person - a petite boy with light hair. Jean paid little attention to him as he carefully entered a boat and sat down, not saying a word. His fingers were interlocked while holding his brown closed notebook. He looked down to his notebook while just feeling the rough texture with his fingers.

There was an awkward silence. He bit his lip and was reluctant if he should greet him or not, after all he's not really good at making friends by himself. He was normally a type of boy who just waits for someone to come to him and greet him. But he couldn't take this boring silence any longer, even if it's just seconds. 'Maybe a casual 'Hi' would help', he thought. His mum told him that to make an acquaintance, just say 'Hi'. For now, he considered it. "Hey." he spoke to the light-haired person, still looking at his silly fingers. "First year?", he added, just to make a conversation, not screwed up hopefully.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 am
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

The boats were well small and looked old, and a bit dirty. It wasn't that a little dirt would bother her-after all her plain black robe would hide dust or what not fairly well- but she generally was used to impeccable cleanliness and far more posh environment. Even when she visited her former nanny and Chinese tutor and the Tsai's (her family) she was used to something warmer and more inviting even though they lived in one of the lower middle class areas of London, and the flat they lived was a bit cramped. The Tsai's always made sure their home was clean and it was always warm and inviting. She would visit because she had gotten closest to her nanny Yu (or Anne-as she also went by) Tsai and somewhere along the way Yu decided the best way for the blonde hair girl to learn Chinese was interact with native speakers such as Yu's grandmother and her mother who spoke it almost entirely at home, along with her other family members. Cathy had to agree it helped, though she was surprised her parents agreed so easily to the idea or that Yu was bold enough to make the offer-it wasn't like she was paid extra when Cathy came by... Regardless, Cathy always took a cab to the flat and even though she lived in London all her life she could say she only took the buses occasionally and never ventured to the Tube to travel.

The thing was when she had been told by her family, first years traveled by boats, she had expected something more fairy-tale like from a school of magic, not what looked like rickity old wooden boats. Then again it was a place and world of magic, regardless of how the boats looked they probably were the some of the safest boats she could encounter.

Spotting two boys, one an albino, another a redheaded boy, both who had not been a part of the large group of first years that had assembled on the Hogsmeade platform. She waved at the group and said happily to the others who were from that group, "I'm going to go say hello to them. Anyways, not all of us can fit in one boat together." With a wave to the others and a smile she more or less bounced as she walked over and joined the two who seemed fairly quiet sort. Well, she could talk enough to make up for anyone's shyness she decided, besides she was good at getting not talkative people to talk some at the very least. She had plenty of practice with her brother, after all.

With the only sign of uncertainty she stepped carefully in the boat, and though her poise and posture was good, after all she had manners drilled into her by her mother for years-who apparently had the same training, if not worse, when she was a girl. Hell, Cathy could walk down the stairs with a book balanced on her head-she knew her mother made her do it again and again till she perfected it. Her Mum had given up on that with David or maybe David had simply refused-either way she knew her brother hadn't had to go through that at the very least. Her prim posture and way of carrying herself looked a bit out of place as she got into the rather ordinary boat, but once she sat down she smiled larger and adjusted her robes casually.

Smiling at the two she blurted out, "You two missed joining the group of first years we had assembled on the platform. You two should have joined us, yao..." She ended using the affirmative from Mandarin. Laughing she said, "We're all going to be classmates, after all, it only makes sense to get to know each other and be friends. I'm Cathaline, but feel free to shorten it anyways you feel fitting."

She smiled happily, with her hands folded primly in her lap. Okay, so she wasn't quite used to boys of her own age, but she had found with Alex at the very least that just being polite and friendly worked just as well as with her female classmates at Queen's or even the girls here. Though, she sort of hoped that the last seat on the boat would be settled by another girl.

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

shabatha
sand123e
Yukina101
Saint BonBon
Arkendrai
Diamond Wales
Laurel Mindfang

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:55 am
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

By the time Ariana was ushered over to the boats by the other first years and groundskeeper, she'd lost everyone she had been talking to. Taking a deep breath, she looked about and saw the dark boats on the inky water -- almost missing them considering her eyes hadn't adjusted from the change in light from the station to the lake. She noticed that only a few people were already in boats, and most were a bit uneasy about the whole endeavour. Ariana loved the water, but was a bit spooked about the fact that she wouldn't know what was in it, considering how dark it was. She was a bit startled when the groundskeeper had joked about a giant squid, but also realised that they wouldn't have let the first years cross the lake if there were really any danger in doing so.

Ariana sqiushed herself through the crowd -- she realised then that she was a good bit smaller than most of the other students; not too much, but enough that it was quite noticeable. Ariana stood at the docks, and rocked on her heels. As she had noticed before, not that many people were in the boats, but she also couldn't see the faces of those that were, so she hadn't known if one of the people she knew was anywhere. So, instead of trying to find someone, Ariana decided on sitting in a boat herself.

She walked slowly up to one and looked over it...it looked disgusting... The boat was old and dirty, and looked like, when Ariana put her foot down, she would break it.
                                                It is magical...so, shouldn't it be safe? Ariana thought, biting her lip. She set one foot in the boat and felt it shift a bit under her weight. She took a deep breath as she balanced on one foot and then set the other in the boat. She was glad that her lack-of-balance didn't cause her to fall over...or the boat to fall down... She stepped carefully over to the front of the boat, then sat down, feeling a bit nervous about sitting there...

clothing x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 am
User Image

Celaena followed Cathy to the Lake. The boats looked like fun huh. She smiled and looked around, there were two people who hadn't joined there group but oh well. Cathy was talking to them now. Instead she looked to Ariana. She had already found a boat! She smiled and headed over. "Mind if I join you?" She asked quietly, trying not to spook the other girl. But she wouldn't mind if she wasn't allowed. Instead she turned her eyes to the water. Dark and mysterious. And very.... Different. She almost wanted to put her head in the water and figure out what was down there. But her hair would get wet... And so would... well all of her. It wouldn't be just her hair. She was becoming more and more curious as she looked at it. Of course she knew how to swim.

In fact, most of her siblings did as well, there were the twins that were not but that didn't damper the fact that she hadn't tried to teach them. She was always looking after them. Always.

mc2

sand123e

Yukina101

[quote="Arkendrai]

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

sand123e

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 am
It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
This time I'm not leaving without you

XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXX
Somethin', somethin' about this place
Somethin', 'bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face
Somethin', somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy
Yeah something about, baby, you and I

Ⓜⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔ-ⓑ ⓞⓡⓝxxxⓈⓘⓝⓖⓛⓔ

╔══════════════╗
Alex followed the groundskeeper to a large lake, the shore was covered with what looked like 30 or 40 small boats, the boats didn't look very safe, they had that dingy wet looking brown color. but everyone else seemed to be getting in so Alex followed suit. Alex found an empty one and started to make his way onto the boat. "Kalin!! Over here!!!!" he called. Alex turned and there he saw the castle he had seen earlier, "its so much more magnificent up close" he said under his breath.
╚══════════════╝

✰Wearing [whatever I'm wearing] ✰With [whoever i'm with] ✰Why [why am i here/doing what] ✰Thoughts [my happy place]

[quote="Yukina101]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:19 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xxxxx███████

First Year | | Eleven | | Unsorted | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana had been so lost in thought as she stared at the deep, dark water, she hadn't realised that Celaena had come up behind her. When her voice rang through the air, Ariana jumped a bit at the sudden break in her thoughts. It took her a while to process exactly what Celaena had said, but when she was able to, she smiled brightly, "Oh! Of course!" She moved over a bit to make a little more room for Celaena. Ariana then looked across the river to the huge castle standing on the mountain, and her hair turned a yellowish tint, "I can't wait until we get there," she turned her attention back to Celaena and tilted her head, now covered with blonde hair almost the same colour as hers was, "What do you think it'll be like?" She asked curiously.

clothing x ooc :: - - -

shabatha

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Closing her eyes and waiting a moment allowed Dani to get accustomed to the gloom of the night, and she journeyed along with the other students, following the blonde-haired woman along a path through a clump of woods. Dani quickly lost sight of the station, and the bright red train which had delivered her to this place.

The path they were walking along led through a thickly forested area, and the way became quite narrow and steep, but it wasn't before too long it opened up upon a clearing which faced upon a lake whose waters were black as the darkest of nights.

It took her a moment to spot the flotilla of small boats beached there, boats just large enough for four each, if one didn't mind getting a bit cozy. It was here the woman explained how they would travel in these craft, and that one in each boat would need to hold a lantern. For a moment, Dani thought she was joking about the presence of a student-eating squid in the lake, however given all else she'd seen in the last few days, like Alice in Wonderland before her, she was prepared to believe in at least six impossible things before breakfast.

It was then her stomach chose to remind her breakfast was many long hours ago.

Dani selected an as yet unoccupied boat and walked purposefully toward it. Taking care not to drop her cat into the water, Dani swung a leg over the side and climbed aboard. She collected the lantern within as she settled down in the fore of the craft.

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:27 pm
Bianca Tristaine
Unsorted
User Image

Bianca wasn't offended when Cathy had gone off to a different boat. She actually didn't mind it. Cathy was so cheerful and outgoing, just knowing someone like that would be around her for the next year made her feel a little better. Her brothers had told her about the boats. Phillip knew she wasn't a big fan of the water; Bianca couldn't swim very well. She walked over to a boat with one other girl in it. She smiled and climbed in as well. "I didn't see you on the platform earlier. I'm Bianca Tristaine." She said to the other girl putting her hand out to shake. She was trying to be friendly. She saw the other girl had a cat and was admittedly a little jealous. "You're cat is pretty cute. I have an owl with me. I let him out when we were on the train. I think he knows how to get back to Hogwarts." Bianca was always interested in how owl's always seemed to know where they were headed. She realized she'd been rattling on a bit, and paused."Nervous?"

✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗

Where:
With: -
OOC:

User Image

Garydon Ironshield

kasjafod98834sd

Ruthless Phantom

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
Eleven Years Old Unsorted Hogwarts Student Grecian/American Half-Blood

Kalin followed Alex and the girl's conversation as best as he could but he felt he was intruding so instead fell silent and only answered when he was spoken to while trying to subtly look for his other friend. He was really starting to get worried! Suddenly an older woman came and told them to follow her towards the Lake where they were being ferried across to the castle while the older students where riding in carriages. I'd rather be in the creepy empty carriages he thought longingly looking towards them before following the group of first years. When they arrived at their destination he eyed the rickety old wooden boats with a look of questioning. Those things are supposed to keep them safe across the lake?! Well...maybe he could see the Giant Squid if he was in one. That was a positive right? He heard his name being called and looked towards the sound and found his new friend waving for him in a boat. Kalin grinned and jogged over to him and gingerly climbed inside trying not to rock it too much still not comfortable with the idea. "I don't remember this being in Hogwarts, A History." the American boy said with a light chuckle.
sand123e

mc2

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm
It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
This time I'm not leaving without you

XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXX
Somethin', somethin' about this place
Somethin', 'bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face
Somethin', somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy
Yeah something about, baby, you and I

Ⓜⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔ-ⓑ ⓞⓡⓝxxxⓈⓘⓝⓖⓛⓔ

╔══════════════╗
alex thought it might be a good idea to make small talk while he waited for the boats to move. Alex never really had friends before and he wasent about to let this one get away. "so what kind of stuff do you like to do? i love to read and i like making clothes, i helped to make all the costumes for the theatre back home."
╚══════════════╝

✰Wearing [whatever I'm wearing] ✰With [whoever i'm with] ✰Why [why am i here/doing what] ✰Thoughts [my happy place]

[quote="Yukina101]

sand123e

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:43 am

_______________________________________________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_______________________________________________
              XXXXXXι'м иσт вσssч! ι נυsт нαvє вєттєя ιםєαs!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXσиℓч тнє sнαℓℓσω киσω тнємsєℓvєs.

Each sibling stood side by side as they walked, Camila curled around Axel's shoulders with a frightful look plastered on her pale face. Axel was utterly annoyed, all of his attempts at trying to soothe his step-sister were pathetic and pointless, even she said so.

”Well if you'd stop cutting me off--” he started, but as if to prove a point, there she was...

"--Ai! Pero, pero, pero," Camila stuttered in Spanish. Axel, on the other hand, was squinting his eyes looking for a dog.

”I don't see a do-ow! ” Her hand hit him square in the ribs and he jumped away. ”Seriously mate?!”

"I wasn't saying dog! I was saying but! Merlin, haven't you learned anything?"

”Oi! Bugger that! You're in Britain now, speak English.” He shook his head as she glared. ”C'mon, let's just go find a boat.”

Camila's nerves were suddenly eating at her insides again until her belly was a pit of writhing serpents, hissing and twisting and poison. "Fine, just pick one." She snapped at him, closed her eyes, and latched her fingers to the back of his plain school robes, blindly following his every step.

Axel rolled his eyes. ”Geez, Cam-Cam, you're ridiculous.”

"And you're short."

”You're fat!”

"Cry baby!"

”Twit!”

"Arse!"

”Ooo, do you smell that?”

"I smell dung."

”Not that!”

"Heheheheehee." She giggled, brown eyes never once opening. She could feel the grass thinning under her shoes and the wet, mushy mud as they reached the dock. The rickety sound of wood carried on the open black lake.

Axel paused at the edge of an empty boat. He took his sister by the wrist and led her down in the creaking vessel, detailing every step until they were both inside comfortably. ”Now don't move, and you'll be fine.”

"I...I think I'm sea sick.."

”Wha? But you just got here!” Axel, exasperated, stared at her, jaw slack and hanging. She must be over exaggerating!

....Or he hoped so, anyway.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli watched as two other people entered the boat with him, one being a dark-haired boy, and the other a blonde girl. He gave each of them a smile and wave. Well, he wasn't exactly antisocial, just nervous. After all, he was about to go across a lake in a rather rickety boat. He did however decide to answer the other's questions though. "Yeah, first year. I take it you're one too? Or, well, you'd have to be if you're in this boat too. My name's Elijah. Elijah Pemberton. What's yours?"

To the girl, he scratched the back of his head, feeling a bit sheepish. Well, it wasn't every day that he was accused of being shy. Weird, yes, but never shy. "Actually, I was kind of accosted by several older students. I think they thought it was cool about, well..." He gestured to his, well, everything and let his hand fall again. "Honestly, I'm pretty used to it, but I guess I got distracted from everyone else there, so I apologize. Nice to meet you. I take it that calling you Linnie is something you wouldn't mind?"

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, I'm here. I kind of miss Gypsy and those older students now...
                                                    OOC: Open for roleplay, if anyone wants to talk to him >_<

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

mc2

Laurel Mindfang

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:19 pm
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy smiled at Elijah's choice of the name Linnie. She smiled brightly and shrugged, "A name is a name, I've heard Cathy mostly, but a girl named Bianca, who is in our year, had chose Line and you are settling on Linnie... and my big brother and family usually calls me Catie or Cate at home. Good thing I'm good with languages and words, otherwise I couldn't keep track of all the variations," she joked.

"Anyways, it is better to be 'accosted' by upperclassmen because they took a liking to you than to be alone," Cathy said, "I'd feel awful if you were all on your own." She smiled looking over at Eugene, the redhead with the green eyes, not bothering to ask his name since Elijah had beat her to the question, "The same goes for you too, about calling me anything you want. I promise I can keep up."

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

Diamond Wales
Laurel Mindfang

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games